Second Golden Age

Either he got a better job in real life
or
realized that continuing in the game was too risky and decided to cash out while he can
since most of the value he probably has in game is only markup,
no buyers = no mark up
=> ~24 months of that "salary" which you mentioned.

(that's a lot of money to risk)

2 years is a very high risk that most people once they meditate about it will choose not to take.

Or maybe mindark and FPC dont want anyone playing Entropia anymore, and to go for the new planets and games that will come with same engine that will be under their wings. :scratch2:

I agree with everything that is currently being said about SGA, MA, loot etc.

One thing that does grate my craw is that so many people complain (INCLUDING ME!!) yet not many of us actually carry out our threats to cash out and leave. Everyone knows someone leaving...yet not many actualy do.

MA do not listen when complaints are made on the forum, we know that. Yet we continue to vent here.

If one wants to leave because of the way the game is atm, leave. don't say you will and then don't. Cos this tells MA that no matter what they do we will suck it up. If one actually leaves, MA 'might' sit up and listen.

As it is, we just bend over and take it, complain, say we are leaving....then log in aain and play. Then we complain some more.

I am included in this. I have chipped out once and sold everything and withdrawn. Trouble is I came back hoping thigs were going to get better.

Looks like Im addicted :/

Sorry for rambling. My cold medication must have gone to my head :D

I dont see it as rambling, I see it as telling how you feel and the truth as you see it. And I have to say I totally agreem, I did same as you chipped out because the losses i had in 2005 where too much about 30K peds with nothing fun.

And then I came back again and thought it would be better. But boy was I wrong about that. Lost another 16-20Kped and hunted all SGA event from 2-10 hours almost everyday and didnt even recieve an item.

So I truly understand what youre feeling and I totally agree with you.

Or maybe mindark and FPC dont want anyone playing Entropia anymore, and to go for the new planets and games that will come with same engine that will be under their wings. :scratch2:

Yes - and I'm convinced it ... It was the first thing I said when the plans became public.

This planet has helpt MA to get the new planets and MA has no use off it anymore.:cool:

SGA sucked for the majority of the depositing mid level players. PERIOD.

It was a big scam. An event to make the mid level depositors deposit more... and give the "chosen few" the high of getting a good item in the loot window again.

AND.... I believe with the end of SGA comes the end of high end items in loot windows. I don't think we'll see any high end UL items again unless they come in the form of event prizes.

It was a big scam. An event to make the mid level depositors deposit more... and give the "chosen few" the high of getting a good item in the loot window again.

AND.... I believe with the end of SGA comes the end of high end items in loot windows. I don't think we'll see any high end UL items again unless they come in the form of event prizes.

Yes and anyone not agreeing on this is either a MA employe or lacks intellect.

Im so dam tired of seeing all this BS with the " Choosen ones" get the UBERLOOT every f.... time. Theres NO Dynamic, randomness or fair play in having the SAME player always loot the good stuff. It WONT help if you are able to shoot 2000 Neconus in a day. YOU wont get shit of youre not on MAs FAV player list. I was mining as usual last nite in a Neconu area where i had to defendkill all the time. Of cause i didnt get anything but a small amount of this new crap Tier items that just dont have any MU at all meanwhile an UBER whos REALLY one of the choosen loots 2 EON parts from Neconus Dynamic ? Randomness ? Fair play ??? HM MY ASS i say. Just the fact that a player of her/his strenght would hunt Neconu YOUNGS ?? THAT by itself is just hillarius. No Cheating BS is what is.

I won't presume to speak for Avery, but I can say that knowledge in this game is what gives you the (major) upper hand. Anyone who has half of entropedia memorized, or is an old school player, can just rattle off what used to drop Eon, Angel, Shadow, etc. After the first few Eon discoveries were off of the ORIGINAL drop mobs for the original Eon, it didn't take much brain power on many peoples parts to realize the following (those that had the knowledge):
1. Eon SGA was dropping from original drop mobs
2. Haul ass fast and don't stop til you drop

You can read my discovery (Eon Armguards SGA M) to read the story. It's already been presumed that there will be probably no more than 1-2 sets EACH male/female, so a discovery pretty much ends the search on that mob. I'm assuming Avery already knew where Gokis were, so when he got his first discovery off neconu, it was literally decided what the next mob was going to be (atrox or goki... atrox was already being camped to hell and back by hundreds, so that left goki).

It wasn't just "oh hey, I'll go out there and shoot a few and loot it", it was a madhouse (talking about the goki spawn). There were dozens of people there, with more showing up continually. Anyone who had spare ammo was jumping in and slaughtering gokis after Averys discovery. Also do not discount that Avery has a mod merc (?) and has a kill rate 3:1 over the regular player, even those with decent L weaponry. He probably burned 5x as much ammo as I did in the same time period.

p.s. - unless I'm mistaken, Avery only looted ONE eon sga piece off of neconu - the second he got from a goki.

I agree that it was a ploy to force high volume of deposits. The biggest problem that will haunt MA (among many others) is that they put the highest end items IN the high end mobs, requiring at least high end gear to have a "real" chance of looting them. And no, I'm not just talking about MM SGA, or mod fap, or imp fap. I'm talking the OTHER stuff, stuff like 8A SGA plates, A204 amp, supremacy, some of the other uber armors that only dropped from things that required uber gear to take, outside of a team...

But, as someone else did (think it was JC?), they compiled a list of discoveries/looters in total and posted it. There are a hell of a lot less given 'to the chosen few' (posted, that is) than to everyone else in total. How many ubers looted a mod fap? Imp fap? Martial?
The exception to this rule would be martial armguards, footguards and 8A sga plates (which, IMO, was bullshit they ONLY dropped from warlocks and malcs... gave virtually no one else other than ubers a chance of getting them!) - which was campable by the elite 1~5% of the game *only*...

I also have been saying for weeks to my friends that I believe this will signal the end of any high end UL item drops, outside of UL SIB weaponry and event prizes, so you and I are in agreement there... regardless of Marcos statement how this tiering process is supposed to help restimulate the drop rate of UL items :rolleyes: :laugh:.
Ain't no one in their right or wrong mind going to 'tier up' the stuff that REALLY matters (like his baldfaced lie of how excellent a tier 10 mod fap would be... we're never going to see one to find out!) so MA's idea of 'restimulating the UL drops' just belly flopped about as bad as a 500 lb fatman in a concrete pool.

I won't presume to speak for Avery, but I can say that knowledge in this game is what gives you the (major) upper hand. Anyone who has half of entropedia memorized, or is an old school player, can just rattle off what used to drop Eon, Angel, Shadow, etc. After the first few Eon discoveries were off of the ORIGINAL drop mobs for the original Eon, it didn't take much brain power on many peoples parts to realize the following (those that had the knowledge):
1. Eon SGA was dropping from original drop mobs
2. Haul ass fast and don't stop til you drop

You can read my discovery (Eon Armguards SGA M) to read the story. It's already been presumed that there will be probably no more than 1-2 sets EACH male/female, so a discovery pretty much ends the search on that mob. I'm assuming Avery already knew where Gokis were, so when he got his first discovery off neconu, it was literally decided what the next mob was going to be (atrox or goki... atrox was already being camped to hell and back by hundreds, so that left goki).

It wasn't just "oh hey, I'll go out there and shoot a few and loot it", it was a madhouse (talking about the goki spawn). There were dozens of people there, with more showing up continually. Anyone who had spare ammo was jumping in and slaughtering gokis after Averys discovery. Also do not discount that Avery has a mod merc (?) and has a kill rate 3:1 over the regular player, even those with decent L weaponry. He probably burned 5x as much ammo as I did in the same time period.

p.s. - unless I'm mistaken, Avery only looted ONE eon sga piece off of neconu - the second he got from a goki.

I agree that it was a ploy to force high volume of deposits. The biggest problem that will haunt MA (among many others) is that they put the highest end items IN the high end mobs, requiring at least high end gear to have a "real" chance of looting them. And no, I'm not just talking about MM SGA, or mod fap, or imp fap. I'm talking the OTHER stuff, stuff like 8A SGA plates, A204 amp, supremacy, some of the other uber armors that only dropped from things that required uber gear to take, outside of a team...

But, as someone else did (think it was JC?), they compiled a list of discoveries/looters in total and posted it. There are a hell of a lot less given 'to the chosen few' (posted, that is) than to everyone else in total. How many ubers looted a mod fap? Imp fap? Martial?
The exception to this rule would be martial armguards, footguards and 8A sga plates (which, IMO, was bullshit they ONLY dropped from warlocks and malcs... gave virtually no one else other than ubers a chance of getting them!) - which was campable by the elite 1~5% of the game *only*...

I also have been saying for weeks to my friends that I believe this will signal the end of any high end UL item drops, outside of UL SIB weaponry and event prizes, so you and I are in agreement there... regardless of Marcos statement how this tiering process is supposed to help restimulate the drop rate of UL items :rolleyes: :laugh:.
Ain't no one in their right or wrong mind going to 'tier up' the stuff that REALLY matters (like his baldfaced lie of how excellent a tier 10 mod fap would be... we're never going to see one to find out!) so MA's idea of 'restimulating the UL drops' just belly flopped about as bad as a 500 lb fatman in a concrete pool.

Yes but if you havent looted any SGA item last 4 months dont bother hunting because your not on MA´s "SGA item loot" list. And you will just lose your peds.

What is best?

Give a very few people a good experience?

or

Give a lot a disappointment?

.... and why should a lot sga items be placed in the loot pool at one day when several others days without discoveries?

I've decidet to sell stuff and skills b4 SGA,if i had'nt to this time i would definitely now.

Well i never was the great Item looter so i didnt count to loot anything during SGA,but i got a opalo and a 7a plate anyways yeeehaww:D
The losses during SGA are meanwhile over 80k in 3 months with still maxed UL eco weapons and eco Fap.

SGA was the biggest BS i've ever had in my PE life,not because i didnt got anything good ,but the loss i've made i never had b4 and it keeps going on lol

But i also understand that development cost money,also the CE² did cost alot.

So anytimes the CE² even the SGA or CP auction will bring some good turnover for MA in the future,but for the moment its more loss if many player quit.

But what i didnt understand is that everyone was screaming for SGA and UL weapons like imk2,MM or imp/modfap,if they implement more eco weapons/faps u have to calculate that they change the lootsystem aswell,means less turnover for everyone.
Simple : more eco stuff = less loot

Yes but if you havent looted any SGA item last 4 months dont bother hunting because your not on MA´s "SGA item loot" list. And you will just lose your peds.

The weird thing is, I know players across the board that:
1. Have deposited large sums of money and not looted a single SGA item, and are in the red on returns
2. Haven't deposited a single cent and are up many thousands of peds from market/return
3. Have depo'd and looted SGA, both good and 'meh' quality
4. Haven't depo'd a single cent and are now back to sweating after blowing their ped :laugh:

I depo'd around $500 before I got my martial SGA thighs... oddly enough, market for the thighs is/was ~5k ped. With market, I broke even.
When eomons showed up, I camped them with soc members for a good 4~6 hours til we ran out of ped. We looted an A104 SGA, and 4 fap90's from Eomon - and 1 each m/f boar footguards from a mulmun elite.

Later that week I went onto longtooth, after Eomon stopped dropping BL1300's each global :D. Got pixie footguards SGA M and fap50 SGA in my second global (god I love that fap50 SGA!).

Then nothing for the next month. "meh" loots, the same below-average returns everyone else has/had... I was in my 'down period', plain and simple. So I minimized hunting, but maintained it as best as my storage and ped card could, because I still had a CHANCE of looting something nice.

And then? I hadn't read the client loader, didn't know SGA was supposed to have been over, I see Eon discoveries left & right, and end up following my knowledge, instincts and gut and end up discovering Eon Armguards SGA M. I can safely say, even with splitting with socm8 who was in team, I'm ahead. I know many aren't, and I'm personally furious over the lack of SGA items and the fucked up item distribution. They should have condensed this into a 1-2 month period, AFTER They fixed the bugs - not during, when 1/3 the players couldn't play and missed out!

In ending, I'd like to point out that in all of EU's history, this phrase has rung true on ANYTHING new... "The early bird gets the worm". If you aren't THERE within a short time of something happening/discovered, you stand a greatly reduced chance of getting it (fap90's from eomon come to mind).

What is best?

Give a very few people a good experience?

or

Give a lot a disappointment?

.... and why should a lot sga items be placed in the loot pool at one day when several others days without discoveries?

IMO, neither are best. It should have been "Give a lot of people a good experience". I was hoping to god that MA was going to "rain upon us" nothing but SGA loots. That every global was going to be something SGA, that we were going to go into the New Year with a smile on our face over the fact that FPC is, in fact, a better company than MA ever was, and we would be willing to sit through hell and planet partners and space expansion, because FPC had re-earned our trust and support.
Ya, pretty messed up, but it was a hope none-the-less...

I've got a feeling that the idea that there hadn't been enough people hunting/certain criteria wasn't met to allow the items to drop, and a failsafe kicked in and automatically shunted them to the loot queue, is right. There's still a few things not discovered, so I don't expect SGA is truly over yet. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it'll "Officially" be over either Monday or Jan 8th.
I keep hoping MA learns, I really do - because I've loved this game and stayed with it for over 3 years now. The only other game I've done that with has been Counter-Strike and the Final Fantasy series of games... hell, I quit WoW and other MMO's within a year...
Marco, please don't make me have to look for another hobby online because your lack of customer appreciation destroyed this one... :(

I think SGA could be a bit more more 'balanced' , a bit more rewarding for some hard-core grinders and a bit less lottery.

I had some good loots dureing SGA, but I didn't got one SGA item. It seems MA put and SGA item in a mob after I grinden them for over a week and switched to another mob. I had this with Osseo, Falx and Dasp.

I think SGA could be a bit more more 'balanced' , a bit more rewarding for some hard-core grinders and a bit less lottery.

I had some good loots dureing SGA, but I didn't got one SGA item. It seems MA put and SGA item in a mob after I grinden them for over a week and switched to another mob. I had this with Osseo, Falx and Dasp.

Interesting, if you consider the "Buzz Theory" of loot :silly2:.

I'd like to point out that most multi-discoveries I've seen (or even good discoveries) came from people who mob-hopped like they were incapable of making a solid decision... ;). Maybe they knew something we didn't at the time?
Maybe looking at how the true high ubers in this game hunt can reveal more to us about the loot system than anything we can glean from support cases... :D

hi all.

yes, SGA really sucks,

result for hardcore team hunting in cp (D3 and D2) = 1 L spartacus gloves :)) lol and some ESI before last update, after tiers update: NOONE esi :)

gl to everyone

maybe i reserve some skills for future ")

Susurs.

I realy dont get what MA makes to make such decisions they made since vu10 started... I mean whats better now combined to before vu10? It feals like MA wants to make everything to make players leave, but i dont realy know why they should do this...

Improvements in vu10:
-better grafik
-some new animations

Step back (in my opinion):
-missing old features
-lag
-new systems before all old systems arrived
-senceless events, where most plp get suck
-bigger world, ( i mean why they make everything so big now?? Im convinced, we now have less plp playing eu than before vu10, so why should we need a bigger calypso and sooner(or later) we will have new planets.
But why? I liked to be not alone on calypso, soon you will have a planet for you alone if the world get even bigger and player less...
-although ma said to me thay didnt changed anything in vu10, i belive that they changed the lootsystem, its now more and more lottery, single persons(teams) gets big/good stuff, and most plp pay for it....

-where are the usefull changes? Better auction? NO, only design changed. Better chat? NO, not realy better, just not the same.. Better gameplay? Not realy better chuite the same as before..

If i would be the manager of MA i had 10000 ideas what i can do to make players more happy... some exaples. Free vehicles, free miniactivities, and so on...

Happy player = more players who put money in game because they like the game...

Now only some plp depo who realy think they can get anything, gamling.. nothing more. Either u ar lucky or not, as easy is it. For that i relay better play online poker or whatever..

But why the hell ma doesent make improvements what are realy needed?
They want to make players leave, thats my opinion. But i dont know why...:confused::confused::confused:

Sry for lil offtopic but now something whats strate to topic:

MA stated the end of sga on 30.12.
MA made 20 plp after this time happy with looting some uber stuff...
So why ma made this desicion? To make those 20 plp happy? And make 10000 other plp unhappy?
What would have happen if it realy ended at 30.12? Would there be only one single person whining about sga ending at exact 30.12? Surely not because everybody knows it long time before..

Last edited:
To me it seems, in long term, that MA is milking the cow senselesly, until it dies.
They dont feed the cow properly, gives the poor cow bad living standarts.
Like theres no future. They just need the milk now.

But there is (maybe) future in planets.
Share of income from the planets goes to MA anyway.

Maybe they really decided to milk us to dead, as it doesnt matter if we leave.
Because we will leave anyway.

Just an idea.

I've decidet to sell stuff and skills b4 SGA,if i had'nt to this time i would definitely now.

Well i never was the great Item looter so i didnt count to loot anything during SGA,but i got a opalo and a 7a plate anyways yeeehaww:D
The losses during SGA are meanwhile over 80k in 3 months with still maxed UL eco weapons and eco Fap.

SGA was the biggest BS i've ever had in my PE life,not because i didnt got anything good ,but the loss i've made i never had b4 and it keeps going on lol

But i also understand that development cost money,also the CE² did cost alot.

So anytimes the CE² even the SGA or CP auction will bring some good turnover for MA in the future,but for the moment its more loss if many player quit.

But what i didnt understand is that everyone was screaming for SGA and UL weapons like imk2,MM or imp/modfap,if they implement more eco weapons/faps u have to calculate that they change the lootsystem aswell,means less turnover for everyone.
Simple : more eco stuff = less loot

Yes I totally agree with you! And also sad for you since I know that you hunted alot so we are in the same boat :(

To me it seems, in long term, that MA is milking the cow senselesly, until it dies.

Just an idea.

Thats a good example for whats happening right now. But it make no sence for me. Why making new planets if they dont see future in the first planet?
And also it would have no good impact on reputation for MA/FPC what ever if they milk down the old eu, and then making a new one?

Just an idea.

From the looks on the state of the game and how they run it atm ,,, I have to totally agree with you. Wouldnt it be dynamic if everyone just stopped playing at the same time?

LoLz0r, i lost shed loads...

However, if most spent as much time thinking and analyzing as whinging and moaning the world would be a better place. Unfortunately I got it too late. I intend to adapt next year :)

+100
It seems to me like on 30 of december someone in MA office remember that there are a lot of high end items that haven't been loot yet and decide too give all at few days.I really glad for single players that "have caught a wave" and received a 2 or 4 of eon or sentinel parts for a one day,but I also think for a players which tried to get this items since august,and I understand their feelings.

A few senseless words about miners - one or two low lever SGA amp for a 4 month - is it a joke?

Hey Marco! Being as the first part of SGA especially the first month had so many bugs... Why not extend SGA one more month? huh? huh? :)

Well, SGA was for players like me, Id say. I havent been playing too much, I havent circeld too much peds, I got one SGA item (ewe ep10), my loots seemed to be ok.
Yes, for veterans it really can be a huge dissapoitment. SGA (and plenty low lvl sga stuff) was mostly for low and mid lvl players. And it was a welcome change..

Most of events was for ubers, untill SGA.
Yes, that Eon discoveries seems very strange, but I would say, SGA was for newcomers and for those, who hadnt any real chances in many previous events.

My two pecs

Hey Marco! Being as the first part of SGA especially the first month had so many bugs... Why not extend SGA one more month? huh? huh? :)

They did extend it by 3 months more than originally planned Taldora.

I think when someone like Yquem starts a thread like that, then Marco & Co should really start to be concerned.

I know very few people that have such a positive attitude towards this game and that keep motivating other people all the time.

It was a great time when I was one of the DD family & HU family. It was what saved me from leaving many months ago. But SGA was too much for me.

So now from my 190k skills and 185 HP that I used to have only few skill chips are left to be sold until I'm gone.

So we can lose more money? No thanks

I think when someone like Yquem starts a thread like that, then Marco & Co should really start to be concerned.

I know very few people that have such a positive attitude towards this game and that keep motivating other people all the time.

It was a great time when I was one of the DD family & HU family. It was what saved me from leaving many months ago. But SGA was too much for me.

So now from my 190k skills and 185 HP that I used to have only few skill chips are left to be sold until I'm gone.

I will prolly follow your footsteps on that. ..

I agree with everything that is currently being said about SGA, MA, loot etc.

One thing that does grate my craw is that so many people complain (INCLUDING ME!!) yet not many of us actually carry out our threats to cash out and leave. Everyone knows someone leaving...yet not many actualy do.

MA do not listen when complaints are made on the forum, we know that. Yet we continue to vent here.

If one wants to leave because of the way the game is atm, leave. don't say you will and then don't. Cos this tells MA that no matter what they do we will suck it up. If one actually leaves, MA 'might' sit up and listen.

As it is, we just bend over and take it, complain, say we are leaving....then log in aain and play. Then we complain some more.

I am included in this. I have chipped out once and sold everything and withdrawn. Trouble is I came back hoping thigs were going to get better.

Looks like Im addicted :/

Sorry for rambling. My cold medication must have gone to my head :D

this is so true.. if more people quit depositing, there would be no other choice than to rebalance the loot because the company would stop suceeding... its not the company that is failing by any streach of teh imagination, but it appears to me that the game deffenatly is dissapointing in an epic level while the consumers (you and i) continue to play... i guess we love it for all its dissapointment

The worse is even people which got good loot and sga items during sga event are pissed and lost trust against mindark because of that 31 december and 1st january bullshit.

Back