Serendipity (Melee skills) ;)

Sharyn

Driller
Society
~ Church of Lootius ~
Sharyn Sieg
Yup, finally did it today :)
I was waiting for it to come for several days now.....here's the "captured" moment;)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

The combat skills:

1. [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

2. [br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Skills that might also be relevant:
Bravado 1901
Courage 1807
Dexterity 1293
Perception 1190
Anatomy 3982

Oh, and the stats on 2 different melee weapons:

Valor.JPG

and...

Axe1x0.JPG

Huge Gratz, Sharyn - I KNOW how long you have been waiting for this one :D

Now to wait for something knew, I guess? ;)

I will soon come to calypso and hunt with you again :silly2:

:cheer:

Gratz Sharyn :)

Lykke said:
I will soon come to calypso and hunt with you again :silly2:

I'm waiting for you here....I have an apartment too, so I can return the favor and you may spend the night at my place :)

And now team hunting should be much more providing (at least I hope so) ... Serendipity's description reads: "A measure of how fortunate you are" ... well, bring on the good fortune then :girl:

Sharyn said:
I'm waiting for you here....I have an apartment too, so I can return the favor and you may spend the night at my place :)

And now team hunting should be much more providing (at least I hope so) ... Serendipity's description reads: "A measure of how fortunate you are" ... well, bring on the good fortune then :girl:

Pijama party? :D

Gratz on Serendipity..know how hard you`ve beeen chasing this one
Good Job! :cool:

Nice work neighbour
it is good that u finnaly got it:)

well done, especially as it's in melee :)

I'm chasing Seren. now, but I will probably do it in Rifle, even though I top up my sword skills :)

Nice one. I see you have rda, but no rifle, only a 2400 hg and 900 aim.
Didn't know dexterity and anatomy had such a big influence..

Gratz on all skills :)

Btw 3rd skill miner is nice too :p

chielsen said:
Nice one. I see you have rda, but no rifle, only a 2400 hg and 900 aim.

I had arround 1.5k rifle skills, but I pulled 'em out;)
No need for 'em.... :girl:

Grats Sharyn...I eventually hit a wall in melee and had to switch to Handgun where I finally got Serendipity.

I've had it for a month or so and I have noticed no increase in loots.

Epictetus said:

I believe it's your Total skill that determines how well you loot, and from what level of mob at whatever maturity. It's not as black and white as saying over 100k skills you get good loots of most mobs, because there is still a randomisation and 'luck' aspect which takes effect.

Epictetus said:
...I finally got Serendipity.

AkiranBlade said:
I believe it's your Total skill that determines how well you loot, and from what level of mob at whatever maturity. It's not as black and white as saying over 100k skills you get good loots of most mobs, because there is still a randomisation and 'luck' aspect which takes effect.
Huh...?
You think skills affect the loots? Really? :eek:

That'd be really weird, imo. :confused:

If I remember back to when I was a complete nub. I would hit on Maffoids, and rarely would I get loot, these days, I get loot off them more often than not. This I attribute to my total skill being that much greater and thus having an affect on how well I can loot. Like I said it is not the determining factor, more an adjustment.

But If I were to go out with an uber side by side taking down mob for mob, he/she would end up with more loot than I, without a doubt.

IMHO ....

Skills have nothing to do with your loot.. BUT ....

What about Equipments used?

You spend 20 pec/click with a A weapon
Anoher avi use 50 pec/click with B weapon

Now ... If you have to spend x ped to kill a mob you'll need 10 shots without miss and the other avi only 4 for the same mob.

That's how it works IMO ... more peds you spend in a xx mins more likelly to take a better loot hunting a mob. :cool:

I'm sure we'd like to think it worked that way but I just don't think it does, at least not 'purely.'

I can go out and hunt for an extremely long amount of time, just like Leafren let's say. But Leafren will get about 6 globals to my 1 or 2. Even if we were to use the same weapon. (I can't remember what Leafren uses off the top of my head)

It's not necessarily the 'amount' of loot either. It's the ratio of 'no loots' and the chance of global.

Of course this is mainly speculation, but it just appears this way time and time again.

One example is;

I used to hunt atrox when I only had 2k in rifle. I would barely get over 1 ped out of each trox if any loot at all. Before I even unloked RDA, this has been changing and I've been looting much more, typically 1.8ped of youngs and 2ped of matures, which I can only attribute to my total skill rising. (There seemed to be a difference from when I didn't have MA and MDA and having them even though I was using the rifle).

My point was that I've heard many people say "your loot goes up after you get Serendipity" but in my experience this is not true.

Grrrrraaaaaaatttttzzzzzz........really proud of you :girl:

Gratz :))))

That's great news indeed Sharyn.

I'm really pleased for you.

:)

great job keep up the good work

Back