Help: Settler armour, put my heart at rest!

Mmmm maybe I'll trade my bear in for a set!!! Try some Spiders.... bigggg ones!!!! Stalkers even!!!

Any bets on how long I last!!??:D

Depends on your evade. :rolleyes:

Just like any other equipment in game, Settler has a specific nitch it fills quite well, and it's NOT vs Spiders. :laugh:

Is there any set less used than Settlr? Then I mean by not wanted, not that the set is so expensive or rare you cant get it.

Yes. When was the last time you were around any place with lots of newbs? A lot of them wear settler. It is worn considerably more than say Bodyguard or Kobold or ... just about any armor except Pixie and Shogun.

Yes. When was the last time you were around any place with lots of newbs? A lot of them wear settler. It is worn considerably more than say Bodyguard or Kobold or ... just about any armor except Pixie and Shogun.

Can be me that dont recognize it on sight also. And I am asking in my question, not stating any facts btw. Your response seems to think I am stating some facts, and that is not the case.

:)

Buy 50 sets from tt, keep the ones with good TIR and tt the rest back. Now stick some plates on it and hunt 'till it's tier 0.9 then sell to a tier skillers.

Not sure what the market is like for selling to tier skillers, but any ped or pec over tt is better than nothing :)
Yes, this really works.

Anyone know what the highest reached tier on Settler armour is? (Set or individual parts).

Curious also if info is available, by whom?

Anyone know what the highest reached tier on Settler armour is? (Set or individual parts).

I've wondered the same thing :scratch2:

Hmm, I don't think it would make good dummy armor, as it would take decay from just about everything except 100% acid/cold/elec mobs.

Hmm, I don't think it would make good dummy armor, as it would take decay from just about everything except 100% acid/cold/elec mobs.

But the decay per hit is incredibly small. I've worn it now for over 1000 ped hunting argos and only decayed about 30 pecs (plus 14 pecs to put it on twice).

I've wondered the same thing :scratch2:

Really no point in tiering it except to skill tiering...

It's not like you really want to make the armor "better" with enhancers anyways, especially if it's simply a plate holder.

Just try it. :rolleyes:

you can use the settler foot as shoes , they only decay 1 pec rather then 2 when you take um off and look much the same as shoes .

settler

I think your all missing the potencial for skill builing that settler has to offer.
one new player Settler armor a T1 Medikit and an opalo Rifel,and Diakibers are a great mix for skill building.
Funny how every thing elce in the trade terminal is a great skill builder so why not settler
and also when you runing for you life a big sett of heavey armor will slow down a new player you should build up slowly your armor with your skills

settler, pixie, goblin, shogun, gremlin, ghost, boar(L), Jag(L).

these are all good all round armor setts build up from settler

a trick in game to haveing nice armor and plates it to save in storage all armor that you loot and keep it till you need to upgrade or repair, it dose work only use armor for armor and you will have nice armor

long live ,The Nights of Calypso.Join us

I have nothing against settler, it's a good plate carrier and the shoes are without MU. Prob is many new player expect armor to protect - which is the case for pixie, but barely for settler without plates. Plates are something discovered later than armor by newcomers, so it's more about mismactch between expectation of a Newbie and what settler has to offer. Beside that As already written settler shoes as shoe replacement or The Set as Plateholder everything possible. so i'm far beyond to say the armor is crap

These kind of posts with so different opinions about the same thing is something I really like.

Thanks for sharing info most of you.

And glad to see that it is used for something. :yay::yay:

Settler matches Kobold armor really well if you don't have a full set of Kobold. ;)

:)

It would be nice to wear Settler when your HP is 250 ;)

settler vs pixie

Settler:
  • protects for 2 points against combibo
  • protects against 1.5 points against daikiba
  • protects for 1 point against Exarosaurs
  • decays 0.1 pec for daikiba / combibo and 0.05 pec for exarosaurus
Pixie:
  • protects for 7.7 to 9.0 against Daikiba
  • protects for 10.4 to 12 against Combibo
  • protects for 8.5 to 9 against Exarosaurs
  • Decays at least 0.529 pec against any of these

Settler is slightly more eco than pixie but protects for ... about as much less than it decays less (mod for slight eco difference. It does not make sense for solo hunting I guess, but for group hunts where you get hit once or twice, it will save money compared to faping as it is more eco than Vivo T1.

:rolleyes:

VS. Combibo Young:

Armor / Plate / Decay / Damage/PEC / Efficiency

Settler / 2A / 0.62 / 15.49 / 10063.05

Pixie / (No plate) / 0.69 / 14.98 / 10056.54

Shogun / (No plate) / 0.80 / 14.61 / 10049.39

Ghost / (No plate) / 0.92 / 12.80 / 10028.20

I stated this as fact down at sweat camp and some 'Gagnon' called me a nub, baited hard and trolled...

Fanks.

:laugh:

Probing the depths of super-eco was never my strong point, I rely on reading second hand about it instead of actually finding out.

I'm surprised noone has said gd for "Tiering" :laugh:. Settler now becomes a gd money spinner if u have the patience to tier it up and sell it on and repeat the proces for those who don't depo ofc :D. "Mark why on earth did u share this?" :eek:. Ahk...after having it on my back for the past few weeks I'm tired of it now...I miss seeing my beautiful clothes :laugh:. Can't wait to take it off!

I'm surprised noone has said gd for "Tiering" :laugh:. Settler now becomes a gd money spinner if u have the patience to tier it up and sell it...

Yah... good luck with that. :laugh:

My check-out girl is dressed all in Settler. For the authoritative look, she says. No case of shoplifting ever since. ;)

Last edited:
My 2 pecs...

Loot is based on a lot of variables, maybe wearing settler while killing something increases your loot?

haha, settler vs. dasp. 200k ath??

The only set I own today right now is settler, I got a set of 8A (L) platings on it and it rocks, it barely decay dure the low dmg absorbsion tho it got low durability and 8A got uber durability, I bet someone hunting Atrox young hardcore could hunt for 6months without having to worry about the armor break during that 6months. and damage inflicted on you are like 1dmg. to 5dmg. each hit you get, sometimes highest can be from 15 to 20dmg. occasional fapping, but its a highly recommended armor set up for Atrox young hunters. :thumbup:

Actually thinking of just for giggles getting a settlers set and get it to .9 tier. Just to be different! ;)

Quite a few doing that these days, so not that different :silly2:

Bah, there went my hunt to improve my status as über nub :(

edit: Btw, I love the irony of myself in my first post stating I wont pickup settler ;)

Bah, there went my hunt to improve my status as über nub :(

edit: Btw, I love the irony of myself in my first post stating I wont pickup settler ;)

Heh, times change--best to change with them. Ofc be sure to get armor bits with good TIR rates--have fun at the tt ;)

Heh, times change--best to change with them. Ofc be sure to get armor bits with good TIR rates--have fun at the tt ;)

Ill let some other newbie get them for me, 100 sweat + TT sounds fair right? ;)

TT time it will be prolly. Just need to build up some funds for it first or it will be a rough job.

You know, if you wear only the harness and no shirt underneath it looks a wifebeater. Which makes it perfect for your Redneck gamers. :yay:

You know, if you wear only the harness and no shirt underneath it looks a wifebeater. Which makes it perfect for your Redneck gamers. :yay:

*takes notes*

Now we getting somewhere!

Back