*** Shaolin 5th Anniversary Celebration #2 ***

Oberon

Guardian
Society
Shaolin
Oberon de Monmur
Hello citizens of Calypso!

Shaolin is celebrating it's 5th birthday as a society on Calypso on August 11th!

We plan to do a bunch of events this upcoming Monday - most of them only available to the current Shaolin members - but some will be available to all and everyone who wishes to take part in the celebrations.

This thread is to announce

Oberon's Treasure Hunt # 3 --- Event delayed! Check here ---

OTHsign.gif

Hi and welcome (back..?) to Oberon's Treasure Hunts

The events are open to all and everyone, and assumes
no fees or costs of any kind
no equipment, such as weapons, armor or excavators
no skills, such as those enabeling you to kill or survive any encountered fellow participants or mobs. (Although some ability to evade such encounters may come in handy, depending on what routes you chose - but having collected all available TPs will eliminate the need for this...)

The first treasure hunt was conducted in Hadesheim, to check out how to hide items in a way to keep people occupied for a while, without pissing them off... :)
The second treasure hunt was a bit trickier...

Now - the third one is called

The flying carpets

and was supposed to be flying like two years ago...
Well, nvm - now it's here...

It's quite simple - like the first treasure hunt, it's a hide-and-seek game.
On the 11th of August, more than 30 rugs/carpets/whatever are hidden on Shaolin's LA 12 (go to Amethera 139xx/61xx) from 00:00 to 23:59.
--- Event delayed! Check here ---

Some are bright - some are dull... Some are valuable (and might have a nice TT+...) and some are not... Go find them..!

If you find one, please post your finding/coords/screenshot here - as I have to go collect all the unclaimed ones after the event...
And, oh yes... One or two of them might hide another, more valuable treasure... ;)

You can find more ways to be part of the celebrations if you click here!
Or here!

Last edited:
OK, so the prerequisite of no weapons or skills needed might be a bit out of play here...

The LA is inhabited by a quite ugly species of mermaids called Mermoths. They have developed a sense of smell that usually make them come charge at you from a long distance.
So the ability to be able to get rid of such obstacles might be essential to find some of the treasures.
And, since MA in their infinite wisdom took away the ability to revive inside the landarea, we recommend that you don't die during your visit...

You might also encounter a few land-living seahorses and sea urchins in the area.

More information on the landarea can be found here.

Last edited:
Cool Event, O! :yay:

and GZ to Shaolin! :D

darri

Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary ... a milestone indeed, and one to be proud of. It was Spike (Safara) who clued me in about your past treasure hunts, because JSA has done them during events as well, but yours are very inspiring and look like great fun. I like the methods employed, and how you get the community involved. :D

Grats on 5 years Shaolin--here is to another 5+ :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

5 x Gratz Shaolin..and many many more to come :birthday: :birthday:

Nice!!! Id like to say big grz and good luck in the future. Great soc and people for sure!

Sbi

Subscribing because I don't want to forget.
BTW Dog don't forget your ex socmates ;) :rofl:

nice and congratulations on your 5th anniversary :cheer:

Added link to another birthday event in the first post.

I'm really looking forward to this ... Happy Birthday to us!!

(Yes, I know I've only been in Shaolin for a year now - but it's been a great year indeed. I love this soc!)

A bit more info and link to even more added in the second post...

happy birthday guys!!!!:yay::yay::yay:

congrats on 5 years .. hope the events are fun for all :)

Happy Bday Shaolin :yay:

Has Ali Baba flown away with all the carpets yet? Been wondering about thumping the Mermaids for 2 hours now and not come across any :laugh:

Spent the last 2 hrs wandering about :laugh: Looted a pixie harness, Fap 28 and some Vigi gloves :D But found no carpets, not even a doormat :(

Big Gratz on 5 years :wtg:

Event delayed!

Sorry guys... My ISP freaked out 3 hours before midnight... :(
I'm still after them to get it fixed!

So unfortunately I couldn't release the flying carpets...
Thus, the event is delayed.

Keep posted - They will be there, as soon as i can make it.
My apologies.

KK Oberon. Looking forward to this - GL getting the ISP sorted :)

Same here - spent about 5 hrs. from the start - looted bear f (L) arms and a fap 50. My question though is the event still on for 2100?

Back