Shop directory

Would you use shops more often if they were easier to use?

• Total voters
Status

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
So, I would def. use shops more if it was easier to use, and I guess you would too?

Please vote in the poll, and check the picture with my suggestion how a shop directory would look/work:
shops.jpg

EDIT: If no, please feel free to specify why not :)

Last edited:
Had to vote "maybe". I am not confident that the accuracy of the items would be to my liking. Not saying your example is bad, but we all know who actually has to code this ;)

If one could access a directory and get an accurate list of what exactly is in the shop(s) that would be very beneficial to all: the shoppers and the shop owners.

If one could access a directory and get an accurate list of what exactly is in the shop(s) that would be very beneficial to all: the shoppers and the shop owners.

Well yeah, but then it would just make it a bit like a "go pick it up yourself" auction, right?

Well yeah, but then it would just make it a bit like a "go pick it up yourself" auction, right?

Yep... what's the downside of that? :laugh:

good idea.

Great idea. However, I think there should be a local directory and a global directory accessible from the auctioneer... That way anyone anywhere can see what is in the shops from the auctioneer... then when they go to the local place, just visit the local directory, which should be next to the tp or something...

Also... shop owners should have to check a checkbox in the markup scroller window to have items listed in the directory... Some shops might not want certain items listed at certain times... for instance if they are doing some sort of bulk deal and are using a shopkeeper in an apartment somewhere to make those deliveries to society mates on the other side of the world, or whatever... also, the check box should be there because sometimes it's necessary to change markup a time or two til it's right where you want it. It would suck if you, as a shop owner, were just playing around with numbers to find the right market value vs actual price you markup on some L item only to see that you accidentally sold your item at a lot lower price than you expected to because someone bid on it in the global auction for the split second you had it marked too low.

shop item list same kind of thread with some nice suggestions

it is not the same OP idea though, as that thread is for a total shop directory, and this is for specific shop area directories that would not be as exact, to save some of the "shopping feeling"...

this has been discussed several times, so I felt I wanted to put my suggestion here too (together with a poll) so we shall see :dunno: maybe we can get a directory sometime, of some sort

it is not the same OP idea though, as that thread is for a total shop directory, and this is for specific shop area directories that would not be as exact, to save some of the "shopping feeling"...

this has been discussed several times, so I felt I wanted to put my suggestion here too (together with a poll) so we shall see :dunno: maybe we can get a directory sometime, of some sort

Ok reread your OP and see now what you ment sry :ahh:

But will every item need to be below mu for the color to be green(as I guess thats the color it will use) wouldn't it be real hard to put lets say looted weapons below mu all the time, sometimes some weapon can be 1% above and dont think that should effect the whole shop like it would do if the color changes

sometimes some weapon can be 1% above and dont think that should effect the whole shop like it would do if the color changes

well it could be a color gradient, so if all items are below MV it is green, if a couple are above it gets slightly redder, if all items are above MV it is red... if it is equal it is yellow... :D

I spent my time wandering thru them and there is really nothing in them I want need or desire other then a few items. Those have been sitting in shops since inception with crack head pricing at 2 and 3 times normal MU even for back in the good ole days.

some time ago I started a website for shop owners, basicaly you could register your shop and add items/prices

later ppl could search for items / best prices etc.

unfortunatly I don't have the time to finish it :(

i had to vote maybe because i visit shops alot anyway

So, I would def. use shops more if it was easier to use, and I guess you would too?

Please vote in the poll, and check the picture with my suggestion how a shop directory would look/work:
shops.jpg

EDIT: If no, please feel free to specify why not :)

I think thentention of the shops is to work as a real shop. It's up to the owner to put things in order and making it easier. Some shops put clothes in size order other uses color order. Have areas for kid, female and male clothes and so on. If the shop suddenly went just to an interface to the stock it would not be the same. What MA/FPC could add a new kind of shop, the Web shop, with mail delivery option.

If the shop suddenly went just to an interface to the stock it would not be the same.

Well this directory in my suggestion wouldn't be too different from what we have IRL though? :scratch2: I mean, there is usually a list of shops and categories at the entrances of RL malls... which is pretty much what this directory would be.

I think this is a pretty good idea, it would also let you know which shops are active, and perhaps even where they are :) I love window shopping, but it's annoying when theres so many empty shops you have to sort through to find one with something in it. I'd certainly do more than window shop once I have more ped, especially if the type of shop I'm looking for is easy to find.

I think for it to be worth while for MA though there would be some sort of fee associated with being on the list. Otherwise why bother advertising, which at the moment is the most effective way to get your shop noticed.

I think this is a pretty good idea, it would also let you know which shops are active, and perhaps even where they are :) I love window shopping, but it's annoying when theres so many empty shops you have to sort through to find one with something in it.

If there would be a map, shops that has not had it's fee paid could be red on it or something? Also, they should add some type of obvious sign of it being closed when fee has not been paid, it is quite annoying to run into a shop just to bounce back and get some lag (at least I do) :eek:

I think for it to be worth while for MA though there would be some sort of fee associated with being on the list. Otherwise why bother advertising, which at the moment is the most effective way to get your shop noticed.
Such a fee ALREADY EXISTS! It's called a maintanence fee!... MA should include any such listing as a part of the fee the shop owners already pay just to keep the front door open. Any maintenance man worth a grain of salt does a lot more than simply keep the garage door open irl, so why shouldn't he do more in game too? Any people irl that pay a mall association to have a place in the mall irl expect the mall itself to do some level of advertisement as a part of the high rent fees that are paid to have a place in that mall irl. Why shouldn't we expect MA to do likewise with the fee we already pay them every month?

Such a fee ALREADY EXISTS! It's called a maintanence fee!... MA should include any such listing as a part of the fee the shop owners already pay just to keep the front door open. Any maintenance man worth a grain of salt does a lot more than simply keep the garage door open irl, so why shouldn't he do more in game too? Any people irl that pay a mall association to have a place in the mall irl expect the mall itself to do some level of advertisement as a part of the high rent fees that are paid to have a place in that mall irl. Why shouldn't we expect MA to do likewise with the fee we already pay them every month?

Yeah, at least a small map and directory listing at the entrance should be minimum, and not with any extra cost... not for the shop OR mall owners

Well this directory in my suggestion wouldn't be too different from what we have IRL though? :scratch2: I mean, there is usually a list of shops and categories at the entrances of RL malls... which is pretty much what this directory would be.

True. ANd there is nothing wrong with listing stuff.
IMO the mall owner should put up a adscreen at the entrance with a nice pic for each lvl with that information.

Don't forget that there is many ways of using what allready is available in the game, we just ned people with enough imagination to use them in different ways.

bump

bumping it up a bit.

Well it would take away the feeling of shopping a bit, which I think is a bit of the idea?
That would encourage shops to have some stuff available at really good prices and then when you got to the shop you would look around and might find somethign else you were interested in. Maybe if each shop was allowed to advertise just one or two items? That might encourage them to have better prices.

That would encourage shops to have some stuff available at really good prices and then when you got to the shop you would look around and might find somethign else you were interested in. Maybe if each shop was allowed to advertise just one or two items? That might encourage them to have better prices.

there are a lot of items with good prices in the shops, just you need to have suff patients to visit them (like in real life). In alternative you can use www.EntropiaBay.com

sorry i could not resist :p

No I would not, they sell things way overpriced. Was looking for shogun stuff and found some for like +25!! So I went on auction and bought it for like +2 or so.

No I would not, they sell things way overpriced. Was looking for shogun stuff and found some for like +25!! So I went on auction and bought it for like +2 or so.

I have seen things for MANY times the auction price at mall shops...

Like 20-30 times more :rolleyes:

That stuff with colormarkings of high priced items etc. - bad idea - the buyer has to decide if the item is worth it...

For closed shops: Why not that stuff, when the shop is closed: http://img.archiexpo.de/images_ae/photo-g/sicherheitsrollgitter-179929.jpg ?
Or such stuff: HERE
Or a laser fence that cuts your avatar through, divides your inventory in half, your money too, your armor and weapons are broken and if you get resurrected you're just half as tall as before? o_O

@TheVoid: Go on with programming, would be a nice help for everyone. ;)

I have seen things for MANY times the auction price at mall shops...

Like 20-30 times more
Mall shops have the highest rent ever month so they need to break even to stay open, which is why a lot of folks out in the Suburbs, like Omegaton City and Genesis can find you better prices in their shops. 12 peds a month beats the heck out of 70 ped a month for rent anyday....and if FPC upholds it promises and lets booth owners upgrade number of item slots - NO RENT for a 70 item slot booth would probably get you even better prices. FPC tells me the upgrades on booths is on hold due to some rendering time issues. Maybe if more people say they want good priced stuff in shops, FPC and MA can get more folks working on resolving that issue.

Hey, LUDVIG, YOU CREATED THIS THREAD!... so now that you are on the 'other side' why haven't you got this thing implemented in game yet?!?!? :) :cool::yay:

Status
Back