Question: Should be possible that miners can loot more items from ground?

Do u want that miners can loot more items from ground?

• Yes good idea.

Votes: 203 79.0%
  • Nah bad idea again.

Votes: 38 14.8%
  • I dont care becose im not miner.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other: post reason

Votes: 4 1.6%

• Total voters
YES YES YES YES and finaly YES!!!!!!!

:)
Weren't you the one miner that said a long time ago that one of the secrets to be a good miner was owning a good set of armor and a good gun, that alowed you to go mining where others wouldn't dare?
That kind of protection allows you to loot items from creatures too.

i'm ok for salvaged pieces of weapon that you would need to join to rebuild a kick ass or not so kick ass armor/weapon or even a "beacon-style" map (or key to any mine entrance like the one at twin peaks or the thorifoid temple) but not working armor/tool/weapon-s, ok?

A realistic answer to this problem would be another activity / profession for the entropians - we may call it "exploring / explorer" - this is not my personal "bright" idea, it exists (and i may say with very good results and attendance) in...hmmm... some other game(s)...
i said "realistic " because:
-1st (and most important): it would mainly use the actual system - as both, the "beacon finding" system (see A below) or the mining system (see B below) are already working, the "strange signal picking concept" could be easily (in terms of programming and gameplay) improved a little with minimal effort...
-2nd (and very important): the way i see it(*) it would be a self-sustained (in terms of cash-flow) activity, so neither the "dedicated" hunters/miners or MA :)rofl:) would have to "pay the bill"...

(*) the way(s) i see it: either
A - (the easiest way) - "improving" the beacon finding system by adding a 2nd sequence: the "strange signal" (when successfully acquired) could lead to the location of a... "find"(**)
OR
B - (the "more elaborate" way) - "improving" the mining system by adding a 3rd sequence: the 3rd type of tool/finder, using the 3rd type of probes (when successfully dropped) could "discover" the location of a... "find"(**)

(to preserve the exploration spirit, maybe the signal should not indicate the direction of the "find" as long as it isnt within 54m radius resulting the need of using another probe(s) to acurately locate the "find")

the "find" (**):
in order to keep the changes to a minimal level, the "find" could be the same robot shuttle which drops the beacons, (maybe with a "ancient/derelict" label), which, for the above-said self-funding activity, would have to be blown away (some HPs for the shuttle would easy provide a good amount of ammo/decay spending) to reveal "the treasure"...
the "treasure" (if other then the usual "this... didn't carry any loot") could consist of: "ancient rusty blades" (or axes), L of course, with increased dmg/hit capabilities and coresponding increased decay/use... and/or the "dusty BP" needed to craft that blade/axe... and/or some ancient clothes (or the old BP to tailor them)... and/or gems/precious stones with some tailoring use... and/or the "special old recipe" for a L (and costly to use) better then usual FAP... and/or some special "single-use" alien "residue" which would improve crafting COS for 1 try... and so on...

useless to mention that the above idea is the result of 15 mins of easy thinking about the subject of this thread - someone with extensive knowledge about EU mechanics, someone who gets :money: to think about improving EU ( :acid: even MA) could easily come out with something better...

until then... back to my Helios and 'Sisters' Scan Probe Launcher...

I think finding items that could be found naturally from mining/exploratory means (treasure, rare items that would need to be excavated). Of course, maybe you might also unleash something not so friendly or healthy either (eg a plague...).

Giant markup on ores not enough for you?

Mining is about the most stable profession in terms of return (almost impossible to lose money if you are smart) and is characterised by "big loot"
158k copper
120k zinc
20k ruga
hogglo pelvis
letomie eye lens
OA101, 102,103,104,105
MA101,102,103,104,105

5k-10k% on basic loots.
Hunting can't touch that. Crafting comes close but at a pedflow of 100- 1000 times that required of mining.

Holy crap what game do you play I HAVE to go mining there!!!!! Or at least the name of your dealer please.

That is no wheres NEAR what mining is in this game..maybe someone with 70th level prospecting from the day one players...loots like that few and far between..

20k ruga..thats a once in the entire game history thing.. Im willing to bet 99.999999% of any ruga found is less then a 5 rocks in a single claim

I would also bet the person that got the 158 k copper sat and cried the entire time they had to look at the tower...103% normal MU Id be surprised that after the initial pull from the tower that person just tt'ed most of it because a find that big on a low level ore like that people would laugh and offer 95% for it or less just to take it off your hands.

5k% to 10k% MU on "Basic" loot.. please tell me you dont mean ore's as basic loot.. maybe the dna parts but not ore.. 80% of the ores and en mats out there are under 150% MU and a third of that is not over 105%

the ONLY part I will give you in that entire statement is the part about mining being stable and thats still iffy at best. 10 to 150+ bombs with no resourses found on CND before you get the first find under level X most times sounds sooooooooo soooooo profitable to me.

Oh yeah.. did not see too many bad threads about hunters getting mad ore finds including rare ores that most miners NEVER get in loot from the Calypsian robot population.

Miners HAVE to be hunters also.. Hunters dont HAVE to be miners to still reap the benifits of mining.

Sorry to go off like that but man that really tweeked a nerve.

Holy crap what game do you play I HAVE to go mining there!!!!! Or at least the name of your dealer please.

That is no wheres NEAR what mining is in this game..maybe someone with 70th level prospecting from the day one players...loots like that few and far between..

20k ruga..thats a once in the entire game history thing.. Im willing to bet 99.999999% of any ruga found is less then a 5 rocks in a single claim

I would also bet the person that got the 158 k copper sat and cried the entire time they had to look at the tower...103% normal MU Id be surprised that after the initial pull from the tower that person just tt'ed most of it because a find that big on a low level ore like that people would laugh and offer 95% for it or less just to take it off your hands.

5k% to 10k% MU on "Basic" loot.. please tell me you dont mean ore's as basic loot.. maybe the dna parts but not ore.. 80% of the ores and en mats out there are under 150% MU and a third of that is not over 105%

the ONLY part I will give you in that entire statement is the part about mining being stable and thats still iffy at best. 10 to 150+ bombs with no resourses found on CND before you get the first find under level X most times sounds sooooooooo soooooo profitable to me.

Oh yeah.. did not see too many bad threads about hunters getting mad ore finds including rare ores that most miners NEVER get in loot from the Calypsian robot population.

Miners HAVE to be hunters also.. Hunters dont HAVE to be miners to still reap the benifits of mining.

Sorry to go off like that but man that really tweeked a nerve.

I totally agreed with this user :)

I think that it would be more nice to miners if they can loot more items from ground. Example this Limited Coin, its sad that only hunters can loot it :(

What u think?
What if ppl can found from ground example more mining tools? rare weapons? ETC.
I think that if this would be possible it give more hope and anxiety for
all miners.

I like your thinking, though this would bring great unbalance to our little universe as we know it.

You would not want everyone to just go mining and not hunt or craft would you now ?

What would you do with all the ores and enmatters you collected, prices would crash.

Each sphere in EU has been well balanced in such that each has it's own opportunities and dependencies which seperate them from the other spheres of activity.

~ Sparkz

I'm not ingame now, so can't check the date of that copper ATH, but I can say that copper not always was 103% or less. I remember selling copper 2 years ago for something like 120% or more (don't remember exact price, but it was something similar to belkar now). So probably this ATH was the factor which changed the price for good to what we have today...
Personally I wouldn't mind getting something like this even with no markup whasoever :) Can boost an ava a lot if used for proper skills :)

I totally agreed with this user :)

Then you got no idea as well. Look at the date. The Markup wasn't 103% back then. If you want to find rarer stuff...use a bigger finder. That's what they are for.

Then you got no idea as well. Look at the date. The Markup wasn't 103% back then. If you want to find rarer stuff...use a bigger finder. That's what they are for.

I agreed to the point.

Need tt stuff loot in mining??? Many,many bonus 101% items? Bad idea. Don`t touch mining balance.:cool:

Last edited:
Me i say no ancient item or ancient armor but miner can found L amp and more space ship ;)

Yes I agree all items found are (L) except mining amps with ATHs.

or mine some robotic parts so you could recreate a robot that got destroyed during the first invasions :D possibilities are endless...

no we need weapons part for recreat a im^p foriper ;)

Need tt stuff loot in mining??? Many,many bonus 101% items? Bad idea. Don`t touch mining balance.:cool:

Nah, i dont want so much tt stuff...But i want more cool items :) they not must be common but more common than Extremly rare.

Yes i need bigger finder than 105 but not yet.

I think it would be very nice if we could loot some more things in mining.
So far we have ores and enmatts, occasional robot spacerafts (which are fun for hunters more than miners) and out of ordinary finds. UL amps and DNA parts are so rare it doesn't even make sense to talk about them.

What I'd like to see are things added in loot, that are not craftable. We could use few more UL amps (I am not saying that each miner shoud have one, but when they dropped there was like half or even less miners than there is now). We could use some seekers like Adjusted Ore Finder 105. Or Mod MF105. Or some UL seeker with similar stats to new L seekers (to make it more equall for example with a huge decay).

I think that finding other stuff like coins, armor pieces or weapons should be left to Archeologists, but we don't have such profession. So why not give it to miners?
I am not saying that for example such discovered old weapons should be working. Imagine some armor piece that is so old and damaged all you can do with it put it on shopkeeper or put on the wall. Kind of thing to show to others only. Like you don't wear a Roman armors or don't use swords from XIth century.
Same with spacecrafts. If we can find a spacecraft why shouldn't we be able to find a piece of crashed spacecrat that can be used in some way by crafters...

And as for some posts here that items are only looted in hunting. Yes they are. But this is rather stupid that you can loot a weapon or armor. I mean did this mob eat some previous hunter and swallowed its gear? :scratch2:
It is more likely to find such gun in the ground than inside a monster. How many sharks, lions or wolves have you heard about that had any weapons inside?
Ok, I know this is a game (no matter what MA sais), but that annoys me in all games where it is.

And yes, mining can be more profitable than hunting as we have markup on ores. But this is no reason to whine for hunters. Noone forces them to hunt. They can pick up mining tools and go mining if they want markup.

We need to Post this theard at MA assistance :)

We want more item looted with mining we can found L amp ; L gun ; UL amp ( bigger amp ^^ ) ; Ul Gun ( but plz not the gun who deal 20 dmg sec xD ) ; More ancient Animal Part ; or Item for craft big gun.

But well we can dream because if MA put this in game this will be only Uber item and we will neer find this :'(

I think it would be very nice if we could loot some more things in mining.
So far we have ores and enmatts, occasional robot spacerafts (which are fun for hunters more than miners) and out of ordinary finds. UL amps and DNA parts are so rare it doesn't even make sense to talk about them.

What I'd like to see are things added in loot, that are not craftable. We could use few more UL amps (I am not saying that each miner shoud have one, but when they dropped there was like half or even less miners than there is now). We could use some seekers like Adjusted Ore Finder 105. Or Mod MF105. Or some UL seeker with similar stats to new L seekers (to make it more equall for example with a huge decay).

I think that finding other stuff like coins, armor pieces or weapons should be left to Archeologists, but we don't have such profession. So why not give it to miners?
I am not saying that for example such discovered old weapons should be working. Imagine some armor piece that is so old and damaged all you can do with it put it on shopkeeper or put on the wall. Kind of thing to show to others only. Like you don't wear a Roman armors or don't use swords from XIth century.
Same with spacecrafts. If we can find a spacecraft why shouldn't we be able to find a piece of crashed spacecrat that can be used in some way by crafters...

And as for some posts here that items are only looted in hunting. Yes they are. But this is rather stupid that you can loot a weapon or armor. I mean did this mob eat some previous hunter and swallowed its gear? :scratch2:
It is more likely to find such gun in the ground than inside a monster. How many sharks, lions or wolves have you heard about that had any weapons inside?
Ok, I know this is a game (no matter what MA sais), but that annoys me in all games where it is.

And yes, mining can be more profitable than hunting as we have markup on ores. But this is no reason to whine for hunters. Noone forces them to hunt. They can pick up mining tools and go mining if they want markup.

U wrote good think +rep to u.

We need to Post this theard at MA assistance :)

We want more item looted with mining we can found L amp ; L gun ; UL amp ( bigger amp ^^ ) ; Ul Gun ( but plz not the gun who deal 20 dmg sec xD ) ; More ancient Animal Part ; or Item for craft big gun.

But well we can dream because if MA put this in game this will be only Uber item and we will neer find this :'(

Why not :)

yes im agree :)

MA has a sick sense of humor
if they even read this it'd end up like

Knob was the first colonist to discover Old Stinky Boot!

or some other totally assanine thing in the ground

i mean come on we still don't know wtf to do with the football !

MA has a sick sense of humor
if they even read this it'd end up like

Knob was the first colonist to discover Old Stinky Boot!

or some other totally assanine thing in the ground

i mean come on we still don't know wtf to do with the football !

We still don't know wth to do with the Egg either, do we? ;)

Those completely random, "who the hell knows wtf they are for" items may end up being worth an ASSLOAD of ped in the future - who knows? Only MA does, and they don't say anything anyway lol, so we are SOL.

Back