Should I increase the Longu maturity on LA-05?

Should the maturity of LA-05 (Longu) be increased?

• I do not hunt on LA-05 and not if the maturity was increased

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • I do not hunt on LA-05, but would if the maturity was increased

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I do hunt on LA-05, but would stop if the maturity increased

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I do hunt on LA-05 and would like the maturity increased

Votes: 20 35.1%

• Total voters

Jay Lee Beene

Dominant
Society
Warants
Jay Beene Lee
Right now, there are 2 Longu areas that have the same maturity set. Mine is a bit further from a TP, so naturally the activity is a bit less.

I am considering bumping the maturity back up to Longu Guardian-Old Alpha or Prowler, or maybe even up to Stalker levels.

(Longu Alphas and higher always loot.)

I would like your feedback to help improve my land area. Taxes will remain at 3.9%, so please don't say "lower taxes". The fert station has to eat too you know. :)

Beene.. I must say that me and a couple friends went to you LA last nightand had a blast. The density is about perfect! The only thing I wanted were some higher maturities... too many providers IMO..

so I vote that you go for it! Raise it up! :O)

I went ahead and bumped up 3 DNA's one maturity and 1 DNA 2 maturities. I'll keep a close eye on this thread and possibly bump a few more.

Definitely not.

Hunters hunt Longu for profit. Highest profit is on mobs with as close to 750 HP as possible; i.e. the biggest mobs that can drop a "no loot". In an ideal world, every Longu would be a Dominant.

The worst possible mix is to have 50% no looters and 50% looters. This can often result in abysmal returns, with the occasional very good run. Especially for people not doing 1k PED runs.

IMHO the perfect spawn is getting as many Dominants as possible, but still keeping the Alphas to less than 5% of the spawn.

It looks like right now 3 of the DNA's are producing Guardians-Doms. One DNA is higher and is producing Alphas-Stalkers. I'm going to give it a few days to evaluate the higher DNA and then can scale it back if needed.

I see what you're saying and agree, but on the flip side I think some hunters want a chance at the 10k+ PED ubers, which I've only seen Alpha's or higher drop.

Beene, imho you have one of the best LA's around. It's a perfect set up for long term stays and for gambling (trying to get >10k loots) I prefer to go elsewhere. So from my point of view: no change

if only MA had the business sense to ask and lsiten to thier customers wishes this way :cool:
your farm is fun, but still a bit beyond me on an average day.. one day though...

+rep for courteous business practices, though :wtg:

p.s.- didn't actually vote, for the above-mentioned reason

The problem with longus bigger than dominants is that it excludes many of the mid-level hunter pop

meaning I have a nemesis, karma killer and ek2550 and can usally take dominant without too much problem and almost never dying

guardian is the best maturaity for me

once we get to alphas and above there is a fair chance that I can die on a mob or just get a crazy fap bill.

so if you increase the maturaity it makes it difficult for hunters at my level

there is another LA which has big longu OA's prowlers etc.. which is good for the big game hunters

After my last post here I spent about an hour in your LA. I have to say that it is a little bit more challenging now for me. I realized I became a lazy hunter :) I didn't hit the >10k loot (yet), but a +rep for the experiment to make a great LA even better.
But I agree with Dakini, it might be a bit too heavy for a lot of midlevel players right now.

I appreciate the feedback. So far, there haven't been any positive replies for anything above dominant. It costs a bit to change DNA maturities, so I'm going to leave things as-is for at least a few days. If I still don't receive any positive feedback, then I'll drop down the higher maturity DNA. At least Longu aren't aggro so in the short term the larger ones can easily be avoided.

Personally, I found the higher maturity settings more fun (but that's because I don't die a lot).

How about a positive reply...

I've been hoping bigger Longu would show up somewhere and thanks to you I now have them... :) I'll got out and burn up a bunch of ammo at your LA today and come back to this post with some detailed feedback. :D

Just been on a testrun of your area and i think its great! Much more fun than before so i vote to keep it like it is or maybe even bump the maturity a wee bit moore. If u keep it like it is, it would make it a one of a kind LA since there is nowhere else to hunt higher maturity longus without other mobs in the LA. And i like going for the 10k plus hof.....

Keep up the good work!

I have lots of fun now with those bigger longu ^.^

I havent been since you changed it a few days ago, but I like the idea of one higher maturity spawn. Longu are so passive you can just avoid the ones you don't want. Since Star's LA changed I don't think there is anywhere you can find Longu OA-Stalker any more, so would be nice to have at least a few sprinkled in the LA for when you (and by you I mean me :silly2:) want a bit of a challenge.

aye

do wut ya gotta do..anyways with me np, can`t get down longs more than old alphas(even those kill me with crits)
just calculate how many mids hunt with 2-300 and how many ubbers with 1k runs.
if bigger maturity isnt so dense no prob. way to go :yay: and +rep for ya m8:yay:

Post Hunt Feedback: I LOVE IT :D

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

LOL, I saw that so figured you'd update the thread pretty quickly. Gratz on that one...horrible loot all today for me. Now I know where it went. ;)

Back