Size of swirlies relative to tt value

CrazyBuck

Provider
Society
Experia
Chuck CrazyBuck Buck
I have an idea. I think the size of the loot-swirlies (mainly thinking of HOFs) should be related to the TT value of the loot. So, a small 50-200 ped HOF should look closer to a global and an ATH should be a fullblown firestorm visible from far away. Discoveries could have thier own thier own little animation too. This would eliminate that moment of high hopes and confusion where you super rapidly scan chat and loot before realizing you hit a measly 62 ped HOF. Shouldn't be too hard to program and design?

Of course, this is not top priority material but definatly a cool thing that imo would enhance the gameplay a little! Right?

It would also produce some epic uberloot pics and vids ;)

Last edited:
You, my friend, then would need to wear sunglasses while playing this game! Else you would go blind within the day...

Cheers,

Perry

would be nice. Also, a popup box for any global/hof, etc. would be nice that explains in detail what just happened.

Also, a popup box for any global/hof, etc. would be nice that explains in detail what just happened.

The explanation (in detail, of course) should be provided by a golden monkey (popping out of the box, ideally).

Sorry for hijacking your thread, mate. Just bored at work...

Last edited:
would be nice. Also, a popup box for any global/hof, etc. would be nice that explains in detail what just happened.

Something like:

wow wow mate, just a moment, don't be that glad, we will take it all back tommorow:lolup:

The explanation (in detail, of course) should be provided by a golden monkey (popping out of the box, ideally).

Lol, hijack all you want :) Although I think I hope MA minimize the hours spent monkey-coding :)

Bored at work here too... And the thirst for HOFs is always peaking when im here! kinda the backstory of this idea ;)

in the olden days, a Golden Marco would have worked. Maybe these days it could be a Golden Kim on Calypso, Neverdie on RT, etc.

I hate when the camera blows out to show a swirlie. I GET SCARED MA! Every time, I just jump in my chair going wtf. oh global. phew.

I suggested this same thing as something to do for the CryEngine update when it was on the way :)

I hate when the camera blows out to show a swirlie. I GET SCARED MA! Every time, I just jump in my chair going wtf. oh global. phew.
But, but, that's the best part!
Although, would be nice if you could turn off the "pop-out-to-3rd-person" from options... some might like it that way for events.

I suggested this same thing as something to do for the CryEngine update when it was on the way :)

But, but, that's the best part!
Although, would be nice if you could turn off the "pop-out-to-3rd-person" from options... some might like it that way for events.

Totally agree about the love for the "pop-out" :) For big loots it should zoom out max to let you se the whole fire show in its bloom!

This would make you look more like a candle all day long huh at moments brighter than others ;p

I always thought that a Hof should give the same animation as when Mario grabs a Star , where he is lifted into the air. : )

Bones

lol there's a good use of developer time... :laugh:

There was actually a time way back when... the hof board only went up to 25 I believe and all the 200 - 300 pedders were merely globals. Then the developers said LET THERE BE LIGHT AND ALLOW MORE PEOPLE TO EXPERIENCE THE THRILL AND WARMING GLOW OF A HOF JUST LIKE THE UBERS - and just like that there were 100 places on the board.

...But the ubers got restless that the lower class Entropians were able to get a taste of the sweet life and demanded MA reinstated the segregation of the classes. Allowing only the uberest of players and loots to warrant flashing lights and sounds the likes of which would rival the most epic of biblical events. While the lowly peasant with his puny 50 ped global (the most loot he'd seen in a fortnight) gets merely a paltry flicker of light and the sound of a lone kazoo in the distance.

...Dam this legendary tale almost writes itself!! Seriously though, interesting thought - not the best idea.

This idea is a bad one and should never happen. I know people often joke about low tt hof's but to me a hof is a hof be it low tt or high tt.

Case in point is the recent looting of a modified hedoc from a low tt global/hof:

At first, thought it was just a low 71 ped HOF...

This idea is a bad one and should never happen. I know people often joke about low tt hof's but to me a hof is a hof be it low tt or high tt.

Case in point is the recent looting of a modified hedoc from a low tt global/hof:

So your point with refering to the mod hedoc is that mu anyway isnt explained by the animation and therefore a tt related swirl size still wouldnt change the "issue" with not knowing if your loot was good or extremely good by just looking at the animation? I agree with that but as the focus already is on tt value to decide if there should be glob/hof/nothing when looting something I think it would be better if the animation gave us more info.

But hey I agree this feature is not much more helping or important than the implementet "loot glow" on unlooted mobs (only way cooler ;) )

All Time High:

mushroom-cloud.jpg

How bout that, MindArk:

nuclear-bomb.jpg

Totally agree about the love for the "pop-out" :) For big loots it should zoom out max to let you se the whole fire show in its bloom!

I feel guilty about admitting this since I should be happy that I get an HoF in the first place... but... I really do sometimes "miss" the HoF moment because I'm busy trying to determine where my next drop spot is, or checking radar or busy thinking about something else... and then the camera zooms out and the hof happens, and I completely don't get to enjoy the moment as I would have had I been ready for it :).

So maybe there should be a delay of 2 seconds between the camera zoom out, and the hof or global animation, so that you can stop what you're doing, and realize it's going to happen........ and then enjoy the moment to its fullest :D.

Also, I think the only visible change to glob/hof animation should be a distinction between HoF and ATH. I think the ATH deserves its own distinct animation... MA can go wild on that one :) I guess a large Gangnam style swirlie complete with music :p.

Back