Skill Mod Enhanchers petition [For Marco design team]

Do you want Skill Mod Enhancers to increase skill gain values?

• Total voters

siremi

Old Alpha
Emi Odyssey Sir
When I first saw the Skill Mod Enhancers in the skill book, when Tiers came out, I was sure the the skill mod will add a boost to the skill values you gain, much like SIB.

After I saw the real effect, modification of professions I was sooo disappointed. I'm sure many players felt the same way.

As Skill Mod Enhancers are now, they are worthless, no one will buy them or use them other then for experiments, 95% of the hunters use maxed weapons.

What we would like is a way to skill faster like this:

+7.5% more skill values for each enhancer you put, much like the Depth enhancer works.

That will mean:

Weapon with Tier I & Tier II Skill mod enhancers will receive:
+15% more skill value

Weapon with all 10 Tier slots full of skill mod enhancers:
7.5*10 = +75% more skill value

Now THAT will be something people will buy skill mod enhancers for, don't you think?
It will benefit the RCE economy a lot to have something that sells, then to have a worthless enhancer.

Please vote and comment so we can petition this to Marco.

Thank you.

Last edited:
If you want to pay more to skill faster, use skill implants, that's what they're for.

I am missing something, but what the diffrens actually? I mean, in the end it is the proffesion level thats is the important factor on what weapon you can use? Increasing skills are used to increasing the proffesion level, so in the end same thing?

EDIT: I saw i read to fast, i know undestand what you mean. I missed the gain part. :p

I think they would be okey as they are, if the % increase was higher. +1% is pretty pointless even with 10 in each tier slot. It should be at least 3%-5%.

I think they are fine as they are now, they just need to be a little bit cheaper.

Also, as someone said, if you want more skills, chip them in if you want to pay for them. Or you can just use SIB weapons for faster skill gain.

I'll have to agree that using enhancers to skill faster is not a great idea. Skills are easily available if you want to pay the price.

I am however somewhat confused about how these enhancers really work. Will a 1% enhavner turn a level 50 in to level 50.5, will it lower the skill requirement or how does it really work?

I'll have to agree that using enhancers to skill faster is not a great idea. Skills are easily available if you want to pay the price.

I am however somewhat confused about how these enhancers really work. Will a 1% enhavner turn a level 50 in to level 50.5, will it lower the skill requirement or how does it really work?

They boost your apparent level, as far as SIB items are concerned.

So if you are in the learning period for an item, using a skill mod enhancer on it will give you stats on it as if you were further into the learning period, or may even max it.

I'm not sure if it works for a 'Not Yet' item.

So if you are in the learning period for an item, using a skill mod enhancer on it will give you stats on it as if you were further into the learning period, or may even max it.

I was thinking more like non SIB items, but thanks for the answer.

So can someone explain if there is difference between skill modificatin given by enhancers and laser+scope combo ?

Also maybe skill mod enhancer should work that way to show real stats of enhaced weapon than just new line in description "Skill modification XXXXX" wchich says nothing atm (in show enhaced stats mode - "orange ones"

to be honest i liked the idea they have now, if only it increased your skills by more than 1%. 5% each would be perfect, then some people might have a chance at maxing the lvl 100 items.

I was thinking more like non SIB items, but thanks for the answer.

I don't know how it works on those, I would guess the same but the difference it makes is likely to be much smaller.

I think they would be okey as they are, if the % increase was higher. +1% is pretty pointless even with 10 in each tier slot. It should be at least 3%-5%.

It's actually not 1%, it's .5 professional levels. (It just so happened that the first person to test one had lvl 50 to start.) So 10 enhancers could raise your profession by 5 levels (for both hit and damage on a weapon).

Your stats with the tool or weapon change in the info weapon as if you were .5 levels higher than you actually are.

Hmmm, I think I read it does, but didn't find it, so now I'm not sure. Gonna have to test that.

So can someone explain if there is difference between skill modificatin given by enhancers and laser+scope combo ?

Also maybe skill mod enhancer should work that way to show real stats of enhaced weapon than just new line in description "Skill modification XXXXX" wchich says nothing atm (in show enhaced stats mode - "orange ones"

The enhancers do actually work like you suggest (and like it would be nice if laser/scopes worked.) You see in orange what your enhanced stats are with the weapon/tool.

Scopes/lasers seem to work only on unlimited weapons to raise your hit profession by the indicated %. Enhancers for weapons modify both hit and damage on SIB weapons, raising them by 1/2 lvl each.

And to the OP--You want the skill enhancers to work like the SIB period does--I'm suprised Oleg didn't already suggest that they do right now :laugh:

We have enough 2x 3x skill bonus periods, and the skill prices are much to low as it is already. So no.

And to the OP--You want the skill enhancers to work like the SIB period does--I'm suprised Oleg didn't already suggest that they do right now :laugh:

I was tempted but I'm waiting for Hijacker to finish :D

Some data here for crafting skill mod enhancers:
It has a low tt :(
Average craft costs: 800%

Maybe if it costs 120%, there may be demand, but not on that price. For that price, it's less eco to put an enhancer on the UL non-sib gun. The eco saved by putting the enhancer is killed by the enhancer markup => useless.

Plus, have you any idea how hard is to upgrade a UL non-sib gun to Tier X in order to actually use those enhancers?

Any comments on Mining Finder / Medical Tool Skill Modification Enhancer?
Those are even more useless then weapon ones.

Now THAT will be something people will buy skill mod enhancers for, don't you think?

Yes. And THAT would also make skills less worthless - ie the value of skills will drop further.

Skills are very cheap now, so you want to make them even worthless? I for one don`t want to reach a point where marksmanship or any other skills that are under 1000% already, reaches chipping costs - no possible profit of chipping out.

I begine to wonder is skills are worth all that much in practice any how ? for instance :-

pre vu 10 I could easily outrun the cornudos (sorry cant remember the full name ) now I just cant .

evade has been nerfed so much I have to wear armour for even the smallest mobs . (I used to kill argounts and atrax out of armour ) this despite having higher evade now ? I used sweat snables dry with out the slightest need for armour 2 years ago , I try that now I will be dead inside 10 minutes

regen on some mobs is so high that they are hard for me to kill ecconomicaly (atrox for one) no matter what setup my skills alow

as long as MA/FPC or who ever it is controls the game , skills will just get nerfed when they feel there is a need (which is pretty much at very vu theses days ) so skilling beyond a certain point as little effect . no wonder skill prices are down , its not due to any short term X2 / X3 its just due to skills being less usefull .

I am not complaining its just how it is , I simply adapt to the changes and carry on , its all part of the chalenge to me !

I am biased here... skills are pretty much worthless atm anyway... and I don't know if more skills will fix it...

Back