Question: Skill scanner?

Sub-Zero

Elite
Society
Classified
Sub-Zero The Killer
I used to be able to use the skill scanner by jdegre, however I have not used it in over a year. During this year I've gained quite a bit of skill. Now the skill scanner is not able to calculate the TT of my skills in total, and per skill like it could in the past.
My question is if there is other skill scanners out there that can do what I want?
The jdegre site seems quite bugged atm, at least for me. I'm not even able to upload my skills.csv file there.

Skill scanner will likely not work any more as of next VU due to it using image recognition to get skill values. Also Jdegres skill formula is not accurate past about 13k skill level.

No idea if he'll be interested in updating his tools after the VU but I can see if I can get in touch with him next week if the need arises.

Looks as if the last version i have 59 will not work with the new interface. Yes i tested it. we will need a new program to use the new interface. I love using the skill scanner myself as i keep track of my skilling and updating my information on Entropiawiki. :(((
unless someone can rewrite the one Jdegre wrote .

Looks as if the last version i have 59 will not work with the new interface. Yes i tested it. we will need a new program to use the new interface. I love using the skill scanner myself as i keep track of my skilling and updating my information on Entropiawiki. :(((
unless someone can rewrite the one Jdegre wrote .
I asked him because I was going to keep it going. Aspects of the scanner have been broken for a few years now. But he never got back to me.

Skill scanner will likely not work any more as of next VU due to it using image recognition to get skill values. Also Jdegres skill formula is not accurate past about 13k skill level.

No idea if he'll be interested in updating his tools after the VU but I can see if I can get in touch with him next week if the need arises.
I will gladly contribute ped for a working skill scanner with latest VU that can work with higher skill counts too.

Yeh it's likely going to need a total re-write now the UI changed. RIP Jdegre's one it was a fine effort but forever now it shall sleep.

"Somethere" I have some code that someone shared that did include some of the stuff around hooking into the UI. Can't remember if this was for overlays or pixel access (can't even remember what the program was doing or in the process of doing - I don't think whatever it was was actually finished). Anyone's guess as to if it still or indeed ever worked though.

Might provide a starting point however if anyone wanted to have a bash at making a new skill scanner.

This said, I think they person who is actively working on/maintaining the hunting tool [Entropia Hunter] (see tools section of forum?) has got it doing some sort of OCR for something or other... so possibly the fastest route to getting a new skill scanner might be asking them if they'd be willing to expand functionality in that direction... if it isn't already a feature? (maybe they did before and afrer hunt skill gain analysis? Seems unlikely but not beyond the realms of possibility).

Wistrel

there was a thread that ex0lained the sinewave of skill progression
and JBK provided a big dataset
as its written, the progress of skill is not linear until roughly 12k then it becoems rather flat.
the sinewave functiin was not released but a reverse engineering seems lead to actual data calc.
sadly as said ths not funcinal over 13kish skill

Last edited:
Just a heads up on this topic...

I have started working on a new Skill Scanner version.

The good news is that the adaptation to the new skills window layout seems "feasible" (I can re-use a lot of the old code).

The bad news is that my IRL work takes a LOT of my time, so cannot spend as much time on this as I'd like, and I definitely cannot commit on a estimation of when it could be ready.

I'll keep you guys updated if there is some progress and, for sure, if eventually I have something ready to beta-test, I will contact some of you to help with debugging.

Can you also fix the history page?

Wow a voice from the past has spoken!

Glad it can still work much the same way it did before. Sure all efforts/time frame will be appreciated

PS if he needs hosting tell him to prod me. Got a couple of options.

might be worth PM'ing him. It's one thing to be slowly working on an update as time allows but he probably didn't want the site to be down

Yeah, I’ll send him a pm. He can be hard to reach tho. @jdegre

Last edited:
just a small update on the "jdegre.net" site outage: it's unrelated to the update of the scanner. it's related to the hosting provider; there has been outages in the past but not for so long, so not sure when/if the hosting provider will restore the site.

in any case, everything is backed up, and i have the intention to bring the site back online asap (most likely under a different hosting provider).

if Wistrel (or anyone else) have some suggestions, I'm all ears :)

PS: i'm currently on a business trip (as usual) abroad, with not much internet access, so this might take some time...

I want to reach level 80 kill strike with knife fighter damage, what percentage of that is anatomy and what percentage of that is knife fighter? As far as selecting skill rewards and chipping in

I want to reach level 80 kill strike with knife fighter damage, what percentage of that is anatomy and what percentage of that is knife fighter? As far as selecting skill rewards and chipping in
the weapon tech skills if i recall correct are the biggest. Go to the wiki skills page and the make up of the required skills are there. I used some codex for blp weapon tech to speed up kill strike. But honestly I think i made a mistake. Kill strike will not equal something useful unless its a specific weapon you need it for. I also invested in HP skills for codex. And while that is helpful armor can mitigate. What is useful is investing all your codex into Looter skills. I do that now all the time. Other professions can obtain naturally.

cool, however melee is different, I memorized some of the gun stuff, being a gunman for a decade, weaponry tech is about a 14% factor of increase for gun damage profession, but this does not equal anatomy for melee. My question is about the anatomy and knifefighter skills as a percentage of skill increase for damage profession, please, thank you.

Back