FYI: Skullcandy Edition armor! DO NOT EQUIP IT!

Society
Freelancer
Edgewise
Go to first person view when you got Viceroy - Skullcandy Edition equipped causes CTD.

And since you were in FP view when you crashed, you crash upon login.

Let's see if it gets fixed by tomorrows patch..

If not, well I am having a vacation :D

Not to mention that the armor makes your avatar invisible. Hello PVP4 exploiters.

500-600 well spent peds... didn't even get to try it out yet haha..

I'm not the only one btw:

http://arkadiaforum.com/showthread.php?8691-Can-t-login-after-equipping-Viceroy-armor

Last edited:
LOL, I wondered why the mission broker was invisible, just eyes and teeth!

Arkadia already said the use of this armor in pvp anywhere is a exploit. I will be running video while I'm in pvp. More then happy to report anyone. Already have one screen and warned the person who left pvp.

Can someone head to Cal and trade me a set... I want it as a sound future investment

I understand that if you log a support call MA will unequip the armour for you, allowing you to log in.

The armour is non-tradable - a topic of hot discussion on the Arkadian forum.

viceroy.jpg

Normal, tradeable version comes out with "Planet Arkadia Update 2013.3, expected in September".
Until then u can get it only as a mission reward.

Last edited:
for me it's the shin and thigh guards that make me crash, other parts are safe to equip.

Can someone head to Cal and trade me a set... I want it as a sound future investment

Bound to your avatar :silly2::eyecrazy::confused::confused:

Can't wait for more legendaries and epics to become soulbound to my avatar

my preciousssssss

I hope not :(

Same here, some bullshit this lol... You are warned before handing in the items tho that it will be bound to your avatar and cannot be sold to another

I found the armor stats decent for some of the mobs I want to hunt, so I took a set :)

worst idea ever, just hoping it is fixed later today lol

Just the idea of items being "bound" to someones avatar in Entropia sounds stupid

This armor chose me?

Last edited:
viceroy.jpg

Normal, tradeable version comes out with "Planet Arkadia Update 2013.3, expected in September".
Until then u can get it only as a mission reward.

If in september the same set comes out as tradable version with same stats. Why get one now?
What i can understand is the only differense between the tradable and none-tradable set is the name of it.

If in september the same set comes out as tradable version with same stats. Why get one now?
What i can understand is the only differense between the tradable and none-tradable set is the name of it.

It won't be tradeable. One thing that will change is skullcandy logo will be gone in september. Whole set can't be tt'ed or traded. It's bound to avatar as stated before.

im pretty sure the part "cannot be TT'ed" will change as all ppl are complaining this is stupid thing to just throw 720 ped and not be able to get back the 400 ped tt. it's just not fair. this armor is the begining of the "avatar bound items era" so expect more items like this to apear.

as someone said in case of account termination will the TT value of the armor be returned?

i really wanna see where this is going.

on the other hand the armor looks awesome and stats are nice.

cheers.

I don't believe the standard version will be trade-able either.

See statement from Ark Devs here

Amazing, people, it's already a week since VU and you still have no idea what you buy :)

David|Arkadia stated that he will introduce more avatar-bound stuff if the armor proves to be popular, and it seems indeed popular in spite of all the uproar on Ark forum, because plenty of people just come and get it without reading the fine-print.

Prepare for cheap non-tradable high level armors then (and for oldskool UL analogs to become tt food, as it's currently happening with gremlin).

Last edited:
Amazing, people, it's already a week since VU and you still have no idea what you buy :)

David|Arkadia stated that he will introduce more avatar-bound stuff if the armor proves to be popular, and it seems indeed popular in spite of all the uproar on Ark forum, because plenty of people just come and get it without reading the fine-print.

Prepare for cheap non-tradable high level armors then (and for oldskool UL analogs to become tt food, as it's currently happening with gremlin).

I am well aware that it was bound to me, and I do not mind, I just wanted the armor anyway. The fact that I can not log in since I got it is the problem here, not the avatar-bound part :)

I find the idea of it stupid, but perhaps thats the way it is supposed to be with "limited edition " UL items?

I hope most items do NOT get bound to a avatar, that would kill a lot of markup.. Hate the idea, did just not mind this one time however... Funny once, twice not really.. third time I would probably go mad, fourth I would quit

Last edited:
Items that are bound to a player when equipped is a good thing.

Will stop people trying to exploit prices.

how about items that are avatar bound, have 400 ped TT and tradeable to terminal for 0 ped instead their tt value?

Yeah, because there just won't be any prices :) So much for "real" economy.

Yes. Was going to get a suit instead of gremlin, now there is no way I will bother or touch this with even a 10 feet pole. Its a terrible idea.

The idea of Avatar bound items is quite disconcerting.

Especially in the case of armor, as it is difficult to decay the value out. In essence the TT value cannot EVER be withdrawn, or used elsewhere. What happens when the armor is outgrown?

You have seven items taking precious space in storage whose sole job is to collect dust.

I truly hope that this is not a trend.

Items that are bound to a player when equipped is a good thing.

Will stop people trying to exploit prices.

No man, that's not good for the economy at all.

and how would "when equipped" stop players from reselling an item? :p

resellers do not really equip the items they buy and relist on auction....

anyway, for a real cash economy I can't see how avatar-bound items is a good thing.. But for this limited set, that I really wanted anyway because of the acid protection, I'm fine with it.. Just hope more items doesn't follow that path =D

What happens when the armor is outgrown?

I was going to say that it will be like in WoW, where everything is bound to avatars, but asked a friend who plays it and turned out that even in WoW you can sell the bound items to a vendor (their analog of tt), even if very cheap, or you can disassemble it and sell the parts.

So in the end EU may have a less free market than WoW, oh wow...

I think she refers to the WoW practice where an item becomes bound to the first avatar that equips it (so you still can, say, craft/loot and sell it).

So in the end EU may have a less free market than WoW, oh wow...

Arkadia may have less free market. They're the ones that made this, and are talking about continuing down that path. Other planets haven't shown willingness (now or in the past) to follow from what I've seen.

(On a sidenote, I'm OK with non-tradeable items if these items are either quest items, holiday gifts, tutorial freebies or such).

I did that mission and i had fun collecting mats for it.
It hellped to raise MU on usual TT food and other crap - for example yellow paint cans got up to 400% and so other from hides to wood.
I was aware that is bound item and know what it mean form other games too.
I didnt know that is so ugly armor as one on pic posted here in this thread but it have good use for some small criters.
About CTD and not possible to login - just write to support and they will remove armor from you and put on planet storage and you will be able to log in again.
There was PP avatar at Quary telling that it will be fixed and added misssing textures in next pach - that was for yesterday but MA.. , well hopefuly we get it a day latter - ie today.

No man, that's not good for the economy at all.

resellers do not really equip the items they buy and relist on auction....

anyway, for a real cash economy I can't see how avatar-bound items is a good thing.. But for this limited set, that I really wanted anyway because of the acid protection, I'm fine with it.. Just hope more items doesn't follow that path =D

Bingo :)

Read your own comment again :)

Arkadia may have less free market. They're the ones that made this, and are talking about continuing down that path. Other planets haven't shown willingness (now or in the past) to follow from what I've seen.

You talk about Arkadia as if it's some rebel planet that brings chaos against all the will of MA :). A-team would never get permission for that unless MA is ok with the idea, which means MA may consider such a practice themselves. In any case, this market is one as this world, everything that happens on one of the planets affects the whole universe. Today it's Gremlin, and what tomorrow? Phantom? Lich? How about weapons?

i had fun collecting mats for it.
Yeah, me too, have all the material collected and especially like that have looted them all myself. I just don't feel like turning them in until they make it at least tt'able, at least for its tt which is 66% (55% with MU) of the materials value. 700 ped isn't a fortune but it just feels wrong.

And another reason is that I'm not sure that I wouldn't like a non-Skullcandy better, without this stupid turquoise skull :)

Last edited:
Back