Small ecohunt on atrox young-old

Salerno

Young
Society
Freelancer
Salerno Recover Vextro
So after going down down down down on peds I had a conversation with someone from cK last night.
On his advice I decided to buy a cb19 and put on my pixie SGA with 5b plates and hunt some atrox young - old and any provider I run into by accident.

I bought 300 ped ammo, 121,61 ped tt value cb19('s), full tt pixie and 5b plates, and full tt Fi/Ra/Co Beast.

Next to that I had killed 278/500 for my atrox mission.

During the hunt loot was terrible for me, other seemingly weren't complaining since globals and hofs were popping hof multiple times per 5 minutes during my hunt.

I came back with 349.20 ped tt value of loot and had one global (on my last atrox rofl).

Had 89.46 decay costs on the amp and armor+platings.
Next to that I have 22.38 ped tt value left on cb19's

Aftermath
300 ped ammo - 0 ped left (-300 ped)
121.61 ped cb19's - 22.38 ped left (-99.23 ped)
Decay costs: 89.46 ped (-89.46 ped)

Down: 488.69 peds

Loot: 349.20 ped

Profit/Loss: -139.49 (costs of healing not included)

Is there something I did wrong in hunting eco or was this purely bad luck/loot?

- Salerno

it's just bad luck imo.... and you cant make conclusions from just one hunt.

maybe try to do a few more runs and see what you get. wish you luck :)

So after going down down down down on peds I had a conversation with someone from cK last night.
On his advice I decided to buy a cb19 and put on my pixie SGA with 5b plates and hunt some atrox young - old and any provider I run into by accident.

I bought 300 ped ammo, 121,61 ped tt value cb19('s), full tt pixie and 5b plates, and full tt Fi/Ra/Co Beast.

During the hunt loot was terrible for me, other seemingly weren't complaining since globals and hofs were popping hof multiple times per 5 minutes during my hunt.

I came back with 349.20 ped tt value of loot and had one global (on my last atrox rofl).

Aftermath

- Salerno

How much decay you had on armor + fap ? You just noted the decay on amp and armor combined. Otherwise ~71% return isn't that good. Seems bad luck. But on this mobs you allways need a cushion to back up your runs with peds. Otherwise it might happen you run out of PED pretty fast. For small Trox my belief is at least a cushion of 3-5k PED to handle the lootswings.
The swings go from 45% - 500% on my noted runs so far. Can ofc be higher when you hit a nice uber. In the long run you come out roughly @ 90% return (TT ) when you do things right. The missing 10% you should cover with the MU. But to be able to sell stuff at best market you need also PED cusion to bridge market situations.

Last edited:
it's just bad luck imo.... and you cant make conclusions from just one hunt.

maybe try to do a few more runs and see what you get. wish you luck :)

Totally Agree :)

I would switch the cb-19/beast with a p5a or korrs/a105 combo, because the cb-19 decays like hell.
Ofcourse it's just me and it has never been proven, but I feel a lower decay/higher ammo setup proves more fruitful when you return after a hunt.
And the second reason being the p5a/korss a105 has slightly better eco.

Also your armour setup is not really optimised. you could do with lower protection against youngs. pixie/5b decays 3.2 pecs per hit and hits you for 2 dmg . Wear hunter/2a and you only have 2.1 pecs per hit, while the trox only hits you for 7 dmg. 7 dmg is still fap-free or occasional fap, which imo is more eco.
This could bring your cost down a bit more.

on the other hand.. does eco really exist? If all we do is loose?

Last edited:
I don't get why people call this bad luck. It's not bad luck at all. It's normal. You can hunt as economically as you can every time and most people in the long run will still come out losers. Yes, there will be certain runs when you profit. And yes, there will be a very select few who will profit in the long run. But most people, most of the time will lose.

Me and my dad go out to Vegas about once a year. Have done so for the last 20 years. One thing he said to me that first time out there was "Remember, Vegas wasn't built by winners". The same philosophy holds true here. Most people will lose or there will be no Mindark/FPC/Rocktropia/etc.

So call it what you will, but it's not bad luck. Depo what you can afford to lose, do the best you can to make it last, but don't ever expect to come out ahead. Instead, dream about coming out ahead.:twocents:

Aftermath

- Salerno

#1 hunting trox with cb19 is not eco try something smaller way smaller

High hp high regen mobs with low DPS weapons is not eco.

Really one run, are you trying to make conclusions from one run?

I really dont understand, (and again) one run????

When ever i have a theory (usually mining orientated i must admit) i try to test with at least 10-20runs, much easier to make any kind of conclusions

Seriously though, one run? :hammer:

Its like the guy who went to cnd with a couple of amps, and couldnt understand why he got bad returns

My suggestion if you ever want to get an idea of ANYTHING in this universe test thoroughly (more emphasis on the word thoroughly)

Rgds

Ace

One hunt isn't enough to judge. I do OK on small Atrox with P5a/A106.
If you plan on hunting them a lot then Pixie/5B isn't the best, Gremlin 2A will give you more protection and is more eco, Vigi/2A is a great combo for small Atrox.

No matter how many you kill. In the end you will always lose on troxies if you dont hit the big one. My tracker shows more then 100 k ped looted but believe me you cannot win without a big hit (20K).
My advice is : just dont hunt them if you arent prepared for losses.

Aftermath

- Salerno

Must be so much fun being you shopping with peds that are not yours! If you hunt with stolen peds you should expect this hope your loot is - for the rest your time here! :rolleyes:

Must be so much fun being you shopping with peds that are not yours! If you hunt with stolen peds you should expect this hope your loot is - for the rest your time here! :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more, I hope you have many more runs like this :laugh:

Karma is a bitch :D

Isn't this the guy who didn't share a big team loot?

Back