So, you have to wonder

Peezle

Prowler
Banned
Society
Meezle
Peezle Peez McPee
Now I got to thinking ( it happens from time to time ) about how my returns come in.

This isn't a theory by the by, I don't have the brains for such a thing, this is just a conjecture.

So, been grinding Atrox mostly just lately and they are generally unkind to the pedcard as we all know.

But, after every decent run AND when I do a crafting run inbetween, my crafting is terrible, terrible, then boom, nice and profitable.

This has happened enough times for me to wonder. It's like lag in the loot. Crafting dosen't even give decent skills for ages after a big hunting run, then it evens out. Then it starts to improve steadily. You know what I mean? It's like your loot pool becomes centred on that activity after a while and takes a while to shift back to a new one.

This is whyI like to stay on one thing at a time and seeing some posts about bad loot, I see that they usually move around too much between mobs or activities.

I can afford to experiment, but I know many cannot and get hacked off... my advice is to stay on what you are doing and it will come through.

I've been camping aurli's for the last week and I can say by fact that I get profit on 2 runs of 400 ped ammo, then I get 2 runs with 400 ped ammo that I loose 2-300 peds on. All in all,after maybe 30 runs im at 90% return. Which is OK! :)

Strange, but I haven't seen a so clear pattern before, but on these Aurli's its been too obvious. And yes, very boring to go to the 3rd run after the two with profit when I know im gonna loose peds :p And it hasn't failed yet!

Hmm... Maybe I should create an Excel sheet to cover it properly, but then again, when MA reads this I guess they will change my loot distribution by the time im off work :p

But yes, camping is by far the best way to get a decent return. Try running trough Endoria from south to north and just hunt whatever goes by without stopping and you will see horrific numbers by the time your done :S

And also something to take note of when you do next time: Do you get better crafting results when you use your own looted materials?

Boo, that is a spanner in the works.

For one, it's Kim. For two, we don't know how big that bag was.

I am just saying that sticking with one activity makes your chance of decent returns immense. Running aound and doing all kinds of crap will kill your pedcard much faster.

I like to craft after 1k or so Atrox and it takes quite some time until my skills and loot return to normal, then same goes once I return to grinding Atrox. It is my choice, also food for thought.

In other words.. Kim is not relevant. We are.

Keeping a methodical track of your avatar's ped activity is the only way to know what is really happening to it. Just looking at your ped card going slowly (or quickly) down doesnt give you the full picture and can be misleading when using balance as the guide. To speak as fact, you need the hard data. Create an excel sheet and, most importantly, use it.

Guys you have to ask this dude -> he's honest enough to own up.

Boo.

Not sure if that answers the original posters question but it for sure proves that MA can and DOES put loot on individual mobs at will.

Not sure if that answers the original posters question but it for sure proves that MA can and DOES put loot on individual mobs at will.

No... that does not prove anything about anything.

Or should we start taking all jokes as factual evidence now? :scratch2:

{removed} Give it a rest dude.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joking or not. He who controls the game controls the universe............

I think MA and God knows who else in their inner circle can do pretty much whatever they want whenever they want. That is not to say some things are left up to automation but would hazard a pretty good guess MA will do what it takes to ensure a decent rate of return for themselves. Now its a balancing act they have to keep people playing and depositing so at times we get thrown a bone now and then. Sometimes people get thrown bigger bones on a regular basis and I don't think MA and company are clueless as to where these go and what impact they have on the depositing habits of the customers.

Its their business to keep bringing money in and why would they change if their policy continues to bring money in:tiphat:?

I tend to follow the money. At this time what makes MA more money? Having avatar A loot and item or large amount of resources they can use or have avatar B who more than likely will sell those items because they have all they need to avatar A? Also having avatar A continually search for needed items but never quite hitting the mark and eventually having to buy from avatar B. Yeah I know it's a simplistic way of looking at it but I don't want to write a great deal of text explaining every situation. It is also a bit of a gamble on their part since out of the blue avatar B might use that item instead of sell it but the probability that someone using a mod fap will keep a new higher decaying un(L) ball fap is unlikely although they could sell their mod fap and illicit someone to deposit 18-25K maybe more to buy it.

Its MA's business to know these things. You don't think they have ample data to study the habits of thier customers and tailor the game based on those habits to maximize their returns? I do and I think they have been doing this and refining it for years.

One thing we will always have on our sides is as human beings we can always be unpredictable and that unpredictability can and does force MA and company to to change or they will go belly up. I could decide to sell out again tomorrow and in some way that will illicit some deposits from other customers but it will guarantee no more deposits from me, so what is in MA's best interest? Keep my interest piqued but never enough that I don't have to deposit now and then. IMHO that underlined statement has described a lot of people's experiences I have spoked to over the years and there are always the rare exceptions.

I still sign into EU but I do so knowing that its MA's business to make money while providing an entertaining product. If I stop being entertained then I can always sell out and take my business elsewhere. For now I will continue tomorrow I might decide otherwise in the end I am sure MA will come out ahead if not they would not be here today.

If I am not having fun while playing, I will not play. Simple

I enjoy coming to the game from time to time and not all the time becuase its too expensive to play for fun. Its a rich mans game tbh.

The only theory thats closest to the truth is that Calypso is designed so that you only get a % return on your deposits. Obviously the more you deposit the more is returned but still equating to losses over time. Just like in poker, now again someone is dealt a jackpot winning hand.

Manage your losses and only pay what you can realisticly afford to loose.

Reading every mining/hunting/crafting log on this forum reaffrims the above. No matter what they all loose peds on most runs with the odd profit making run which still does not repay whats already lost (unless you hit a ATH early on).

Strash is a good example. His new log might currently have him in the + but hes paid thousands in real money over the years and his Older log shows overall losses. If you want a chance of hitting big in say mining, you have to constantly be able to drop 500 bombs per session and have high end amps to cover the entire run with is k's of peds.

I've spend around £1000 and only have one 750ped hof and probably 20 globals total in return on amped runs in my Calypso history, so I have lost £1000 and have only a worthless virtual character at the end of it.

I've spend around £1000 and only have one 750ped hof and probably 20 globals total in return on amped runs in my Calypso history, so I have lost £1000 and have only a worthless virtual character at the end of it.

I sincerely doubt this, when I sold up before my skills alone where worth about 40-50% of my total deposits, with gear I probably came to about 75%. Have you actually done a proper stocktake of your net worth?

I do agree that this is a rich man's game, but the whole point is that it does not have to be. If you want to run with the big boys then of course you need to expect it to cost a lot. But there are many other ways to play.
Just like RL

One of the biggest mistakes I think people make is treating EU like a game. To me it's not a game, it's a hobby, and not even my most expensive one.

Back