Society Idea: The Dive Bar

Hypnotyk

Elite
Society
discord.gg/bdDeqtn
Randy Hypnotyk Bafia
As most of us know, societies can really take this game to another level. When I first joined Entropia, I was part of a soc that has been around for a long time; a great group of guys and great soc overall. They took a big noob like me under their wing and helped me get started. However, this did not come without some pranks or jokes from the experienced members in the soc. For example, they told me I definitely can take on that falx mature in my new rascal set and opalo + a105. I remember some of the guys laughing their asses off as I sat there stunned looking at my corpse and the 160 dmg crit I just took, but eventually I ended up laughing myself for being such a big noob.

When I left my first soc (skills didnt meet requirements), it has been hard to find a soc similar to the atmosphere that was there. Many societies are very polite and helpful which is great and I was glad to be a part of one, but reality is, I want to say stupid shit in chat and crack jokes at others, much so like you would with friends at a bar. I don't want to always be polite and respectful, I want to have fun. And I like to have fun like many other people do, which is cracking cruel jokes and talking smack. I think a society like this would be awesome. The chat would never be the same every day. Chats can appear to be extremely offensive at times, but in the end, it is all in good taste and brotherhood.

So what do you guys think of my idea for a soc? I can't imagine I'm the only one around here that thinks this way.. right? :p

You are in fact not the only one. It's in fact exactly why I stay away from societies as a whole. I'm a little twisted in my ways and most societies frown upon that. I'm one of those 'gives no fucks' people, I just like to have a good time. I can be offensive, funny, brash, cynical, whatever.. I just wanna enjoy my time online. I just can't do the 'professional' or 'customer service' attitude. I of course try to be respectful but I'm not going to go out of my way to please people. An adult-oriented society sounds like a great idea to me.

I think most socs are like that if they are founded by a group of friends

You have a bunch of different types of socs though

"Academy socs": taking in new players and helping them evolve

"The herders": gotta catch em all

"High end grinders": skill skill gear gear

"Nice hat": people with similar interest (ba, ck)

And the "group of friends": entropia family

Guess you could come up with more I'm just generalizing

It's not usually as simple as saying a soc is this. I know societies can have labels and can have a particular focus but we have to bear in mind we shouldn't place people or societies into a box. Societies like individuals will always have other aspects to them that can be important e.g. to have a laugh and joke around a little.

It all really depends on the collective personalities in a society. I've been in societies that are primarily skill/level focused but do still have a laugh and joke.

For you this aspect is probably very important so yes you could I suppose set up a society whose main focus is just to have a laugh but you could also join an existing society who may be labelled differently but do actually like to kid around. I remember when I was in Rangers I used to say yabba dabba doo instead of hello because well hello gets a bit boring after a while. Not sure if they were really ok with me being silly or just putting up with me. Either way we had some funny times :)

Why not...

As most of us know, societies can really take this game to another level. When I first joined Entropia, I was part of a soc that has been around for a long time; a great group of guys and great soc overall. They took a big noob like me under their wing and helped me get started. However, this did not come without some pranks or jokes from the experienced members in the soc. For example, they told me I definitely can take on that falx mature in my new rascal set and opalo + a105. I remember some of the guys laughing their asses off as I sat there stunned looking at my corpse and the 160 dmg crit I just took, but eventually I ended up laughing myself for being such a big noob.

When I left my first soc (skills didnt meet requirements), it has been hard to find a soc similar to the atmosphere that was there. Many societies are very polite and helpful which is great and I was glad to be a part of one, but reality is, I want to say stupid shit in chat and crack jokes at others, much so like you would with friends at a bar. I don't want to always be polite and respectful, I want to have fun. And I like to have fun like many other people do, which is cracking cruel jokes and talking smack. I think a society like this would be awesome. The chat would never be the same every day. Chats can appear to be extremely offensive at times, but in the end, it is all in good taste and brotherhood.

So what do you guys think of my idea for a soc? I can't imagine I'm the only one around here that thinks this way.. right? :p

...just join some societies and see what the atmosphere does for you...you dont like it...move on...no reason to reinvent the wheel...like our soc is pretty laid back...discussions about eco or mobs or loots or items or zombie apocalypse...the walking dead whatever...members from all over the world...im a DGAF type individual...I love a good intellectual discussion and I love a good poke...I think the most important part of my society is that I trust the GREAT majority of people in it for teaming...there are lots of good soc out there...

Brick

As others have said, there are probably many societies like this. While I can't truly speak for others since I have been in the same soc since I joined EU, I have friends in EU that are in other societies in game that seem to have the same atmosphere as GHI.

We do like to cut-up in soc chat. We do, quite often, take jabs at each other, and at ourselves. We don't take ourselves all that seriously. We are also able to tell one another when a line has been crossed, and that conversation has turned truly offensive or hurtful, without worry that the other soc members will think we are being a "baby" or we're a "wuss" or whatever other term you can come up with. Most importantly, we respect each other, and respect that behind the avatar, there is a real person with real feelings. Somehow, we manage to find that balance each and every day.

Yeah, I'm with you. I never want to be in a soc in EU that takes everything far too seriously, and where you cannot have fun. What's the point? Life itself is far too serious. Isn't that way we play EU, to get away from life for a while?

Sounds like a thousand people I saw before.

Which makes me conclude, you are not asking for people to be nice ( most everyone of the socs I ever knew had nice people in them )

And many still are on my fl.

People jump around, or stay, or do both.

Most of my fl are ex-soc.

I have few bad feelings. It is a game.

Try to imagine a soc whose members never had bad feelings:) there you have a miracle.No hard feelings, just a thought.

Back