Some questions from a noob

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
In Love With's EU log

Dear Diary,

You, the reader, might wonder why this thread is so very long compared with most n00b threads. Well, in addition to the many questions I had, have and will have in the future, I use this thread as a log and post my own achievements as well as some stories of what I experienced throughout my EU life here. If you are after some light, humerous reading, please see page 20 onwards. If you are a n00b, I would recommend start reading from page 1 as I'm sure you'll have many questions yourself that are might be answered here - Use the thread search tool to instantly find what you are looking for -

ATH & HOF

- yeah right :)

Globals - 10 and counting -

- 20/09/2006 - Combibo Provider - 50.39 PED - Teamed with Phil (Mr. Mindforce) https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/3/6/3/5/200906.JPG
- 25/09/2006 - Atrox Young - 109.06 PED - Teamed with Seven Blake and Dan https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/5/8/5/AtroxYoung109PED.jpg
- 27/09/2006 - Cornundacauda Mature - 71 PED - Teamed with Michael, Zim & Vari https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/7/0/5/3/SCREENSHOT_20060926201527394.JPG
- 12/10/2006 - Atrox Mature - 119 PED - Teamed with Seven
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/5/8/5/SCREENSHOT_20061012195548640.JPG
- 12/10/2006 - Berycled Dominant - 86.49 PED - Teamed with Seven & Carro
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/4/5/8/5/SCREENSHOT_20061012210249609.JPG
- 27/10/2006 - Molisk Scout - ??? PED - Teamed with Kiki
- 28/10/2006 - Cornundacauda Provider - 52 PED - Teamed with Seven
- 02/11/2006 - Atrox Provider - 182 PED - Teamed with Phil Mr. Mindforce
- 02/11/2006 - Atrox Provider - 52 PED - Teamed with Phil Mr. Mindforce
- 01/12/2006 - Drone Generation 01 - 60 Ped - Society hunt -
09/12/2006 - Atrox Young - 116 Ped - Teamed with Goody

Skills unlocked

- 18/10/2006 - Animal Taming -
- 28/10/2006 - Marksmanship -
-

Hit Point gains

091 HP - 30/08/2006
092 HP - 10/09/2006
093 HP - 25/09/2006
094 HP - 04/10/2006
095 HP - 17/10/2006
096 HP - 28/10/2006
097 HP - 04/11/2006
098 HP - 19/11/2006
099 HP - 28/11/2006
100 HP - 09/12/2006
101 HP - ???

Special thanks goes to (in no order)

Steffel, Alice, Phil, Seven, Dee, Dee's hotty wife, Dan, Swazer, Michael, Mom's Deathbringer, Undercover Agent 007, Chaz, Rumsponge, Carro, 42, Goody, Mace, Kiki (anyone I've forgotten to mention, sorry) and everyone who has ever given me focus, healed me or who I simply had a nice chat in EU with

Peace
ILW

Last edited:
In Love With said:
Hello all,

First of all, I'm awfully sorry if you heard the following over and over again, but I've got a few questions. I've played for 2 days now and managed to gain some sweat (after being killed before) ...

So now I've got 29 sweat and gained a few levels on some things I'm not really sure about ... From reading around I've seen that 100 sweat usually go for 1.2 ped (is that right?) so here we go

1.) Say I manage 1000 sweat (I'm sure that will take me a few weeks), and manage to sell it, what would you invest the money in?

I am a very defensive player (in other role games) and would prefer items that are long lasting and helpful for me to maybe mine (once I figured how to do it) or helpful to fasten the sweating process

thanks
ILW

click on "forums".. then click on "noobs corner".. browse the threads.
You will find more info than you know what to do with :)

What i would do if i were u is this : Deposit some peds to your account so that u can buy basic tools like opalo and some low level armor(goblin, pixie..etc) and ofcource u need fap(fast aid pack), after that u can do hunting and use your sweat money for repairs and ammo. Sure u can do this without deposit but that means that u will spend next 6 months at camp phonenix or some other place doing hard sweating.

In Love With said:
Hello all,

First of all, I'm awfully sorry if you heard the following over and over again, but I've got a few questions. I've played for 2 days now and managed to gain some sweat (after being killed before) ...

So now I've got 29 sweat and gained a few levels on some things I'm not really sure about ... From reading around I've seen that 100 sweat usually go for 1.2 ped (is that right?) so here we go

1.) Say I manage 1000 sweat (I'm sure that will take me a few weeks), and manage to sell it, what would you invest the money in?

I am a very defensive player (in other role games) and would prefer items that are long lasting and helpful for me to maybe mine (once I figured how to do it) or helpful to fasten the sweating process

thanks
ILW

Find Alice on this forum and send a private message. Alice is full of useful info and if you want a mentor to help I'm sure she will.

Other than that - do as the others have suggested and read the forum in the Noobs Corner section.

Answers will often depend on whether you want to deposit money or not. If you are not depositing then when you have enough money - invest in an opalo and some ammo to kill the little beasties and some armour. Pixie if sweating exo and goblin if sweating snables. Gradually your skills will improve but be under no illusion it all takes time ;)

Welcome to Eu and welcome to this forum.

What time zone are you in?

Some key information is helpful.

Are you going to try to gain money by sweating, etc. only, or are you going to deposit?
How much are you going to play, say in a week?

That information is helpful as then we know what you are planning and if our times are close. If you live in Australia and someone else is in the U.S. then the times we're on won't match well.

I know that I would be glad to help you, if our times match up. I live in the eastern U.S. so GMT-4. Let me know, via pm here, if you want to meet up.
Just click on my name and you'll get to the page to pm from.

Xantonia said:
Find Alice on this forum and send a private message. Alice is full of useful info and if you want a mentor to help I'm sure she will.

Other than that - do as the others have suggested and read the forum in the Noobs Corner section.

Answers will often depend on whether you want to deposit money or not. If you are not depositing then when you have enough money - invest in an opalo and some ammo to kill the little beasties and some armour. Pixie if sweating exo and goblin if sweating snables. Gradually your skills will improve but be under no illusion it all takes time ;)

Welcome to Eu and welcome to this forum.

:) thx
hey and welcome first,
as usual my advertising, see mentorship offer and a thread about my guide in the signature ;)
gl and hf

Wow, what a response - thanks all -

I live in London (don't know about the GMT thing)
I'll only play the odd hour and I wouldn't want to deposit money (I just bought a house and the mortgage is killing me as it is) ... From reading around I've realised that this is not an easy game (especially if not depositing) so I won't expect to be Kind in day :)

On that note, I was just trying to log in but the damn thing goes straight to the update screen (which is fine) ... But it gets stuck. I've tried it again and again but the update keeps failing on me (shall I check later ??)

Thanks again
ILW

Alice said:
:) thx
hey and welcome first,
as usual my advertising, see mentorship offer and a thread about my guide in the signature ;)
gl and hf

Hallo Alice, wie ich gesehen habe bist Du von Deutschland??
Schön Dich zu treffen :)

Ich bin immer noch sehr neu hier und habe auch noch nicht so ganz verstanden warum man einen Mentor braucht ?

MFG
ILW

In Love With said:
Hallo Alice, wie ich gesehen habe bist Du von Deutschland??
Schön Dich zu treffen :)

Ich bin immer noch sehr neu hier und habe auch noch nicht so ganz verstanden warum man einen Mentor braucht ?
MFG
ILW
main language in forum is english, so ill continue this with pms, ;)

In Love With said:
pas de probleme mon amie (LOL)

English is fine :)

LOL - now you're showing off ;) I live in the UK so I'm in the same time zone as you. Im sure you'll work something out with Alice but if you ever get stuck just pm me and I'll see what I can do

:girl:

good luck

In Love With said:
I live in London (don't know about the GMT thing)
Well surely you do know GMT better than anyone else, being in London and all? How far is Greenwich from your house?

Lupius said:
Well surely you do know GMT better than anyone else, being in London and all? How far is Greenwich from your house?

lol ... Point taken, that was a very very lazy answer (I couldn't remember whether it was GMT or +1/2) ...

Okay, after a nightly session of my new found addiction (so much cheaper then crack ... joking ...) I find myself with just over 200 proud sweat things in my backpack thinking to myself I am the Queen of the Universe (stop laughing) ... Mind you, I did manage to get killed no less then 4 times as well ...

Whilst sweating (I've checked, I've lost some weight too :) I've gained all sorts of experience as well (making me think I am for sure the new Queen ruling the country, LOL) ....

Once I've hit 500 sweat, I'd like to sell it (I don't even mind about the final price too much) but have no idea how and where to do so. I follow the chat window and entered that I'd offer 200 sweat for 1.10 PED (which I thought was rather cheap) but no-one turned up for 5 minutes ... I gave up and went back sweating ... Tipps ?

Thanks
ILW

sorry one more question (god I hate noobs, don't you :) ???

When I start EU it comes up with something like I've disabled Ads hence the loots will be smaller (does that have an impact on sweat as well??)

Either way, I love Ads, but can't seem to turn them on again?

hmmmm.....

thanks again
ILW

To enable the ads, before you log in on the client loader click the Options button on the bottom left. Uncheck the Disable Ads button.

No it won't affect sweat :)

Tips on sellign sweat.
really its all up to you, the people will come.
Just simple message of 'SELLING 200 sweat 1.15PED' or how much per bottle

Port alantis is a key spot to sell sweat, and camp pheonix as alot of mindforce suers go there and help sweaters but need sweat for their powers.

Twin Peaks might have a few buyers aswell, alot of mindforce users hang out there.

Jimmy B said:
To enable the ads, before you log in on the client loader click the Options button on the bottom left. Uncheck the Disable Ads button.

No it won't affect sweat :)

lol - I didnt even realize this :laugh:
..but I also never had that msg about the ads popup :tiphat:

In Love With said:
pas de probleme mon amie (LOL)

English is fine :)

I guess we just found a translator (is this the right word? :rolleyes: )

Keep reading, keep sweating and find a good mentor. Alice can be a good one as long as I know ;)

Welcome and good luck :girl:

For myself In Love With, I am a non depositor, and it is kinda hard going. But, to be perfectly honest, I quite enjoy it. I love challenges, and the fact that my next 10 PED is hard to get gives me a thrill, especially when I get it.

If I kill a beasty on a hunt and get a 5 PED loot (no laughing everyone) I get thrilled, whereas mamny of my other mates aren't too intersested.... oh well.

Thats just me. If you do not find the whole big challenge fun, then you might want to consider depositing. Maybe I'm just weird :silly:

gmccumskey said:
For myself In Love With, I am a non depositor, and it is kinda hard going. But, to be perfectly honest, I quite enjoy it. I love challenges, and the fact that my next 10 PED is hard to get gives me a thrill, especially when I get it.

If I kill a beasty on a hunt and get a 5 PED loot (no laughing everyone) I get thrilled, whereas mamny of my other mates aren't too intersested.... oh well.

Thats just me. If you do not find the whole big challenge fun, then you might want to consider depositing. Maybe I'm just weird :silly:

Thanks for the advise (I'll keep blocking the ads until I go hunting)

and gmccumskey, I agree, it's a challenge (and that is what's fun about it for me) ... I've spoken to Alice and she is happy to help me, but I've also read a lot on the Internet (what else is there to do at work ???) so I think I'll be fine for a few weeks. I'll check back here if I have more questions as you guys are giving excellent advice - thanks all -

ILW

The ads (AFAIK) aren't a bad thing. Its just the virtual "bill-boards" that play video and such. Incase your thinking more of pop-ups or something :p

I'll be more than glad to help you along as well. Names Binfordw in game, I hang out around Port Atlantis all the time anymore.

As for selling the sweat, people around the teleportal in Port Atlantis buy and sell stuff all day long. Go there, and watch the all-chat. You'll see people offering to buy sweat @ 1.1 or 1.13, 1.15, etc. Thats price per bottle, 1.1 pec (cents) each. At a 1.1 price, thats 1.10 (1 ped and 10 pecs) per 100 bottles :p
You can hold out and try to get the highest price you can, but you can sell it real quick @1.1 usually. Never a need to sell for less than that.

binfordw said:
The ads (AFAIK) aren't a bad thing. Its just the virtual "bill-boards" that play video and such. Incase your thinking more of pop-ups or something :p

I'll be more than glad to help you along as well. Names Binfordw in game, I hang out around Port Atlantis all the time anymore.

As for selling the sweat, people around the teleportal in Port Atlantis buy and sell stuff all day long. Go there, and watch the all-chat. You'll see people offering to buy sweat @ 1.1 or 1.13, 1.15, etc. Thats price per bottle, 1.1 pec (cents) each. At a 1.1 price, thats 1.10 (1 ped and 10 pecs) per 100 bottles :p
You can hold out and try to get the highest price you can, but you can sell it real quick @1.1 usually. Never a need to sell for less than that.

Hello Bindfordw,

so 1000 sweat would easily sell for 11 PED (so what can you get for 11 PED, lol I bet not much :)

... Got a few more questions ...

I often gain skills and sometimes even whole ranks (when the skills have been building up for a while) ... How high can you go ??
E.g. How many level can one climb as a sweat gatherer (in that skill) ?

Also, do you get more sweat whith a higher skill in sweating (the most I've ever gotten in on go was 22 as far as I remember) ??

Thanks again
ILW

forgot, one more

Say I manage to sell 1000 sweat (is my bottle gone, can I continue to collect sweat). And also I see that I get heavier the more sweat I have (at what point will that slow me down, if at all??)

Thanks everyone again
ILW

you can sell your sweat
as soon you get new sweat, a new bottle is provided
or otherwise said
every single sweat has one bottle, so you dont have 1k sweat, you have 1k bottles
well, open your inventory
you have 3 numbers there
your weight, item count, and credits
if one of the first 2 turns yellow, you can just jog, means run slower
if red, just walk

Sweat isn't that heavy :sweat: And you can get those 1000 bottles over a day, tho it's kinda hard :rofl:

In Love With said:
I often gain skills and sometimes even whole ranks (when the skills have been building up for a while) ... How high can you go ??
E.g. How many level can one climb as a sweat gatherer (in that skill) ?

Also, do you get more sweat whith a higher skill in sweating (the most I've ever gotten in on go was 22 as far as I remember) ??

At the moment it seems that there is no cap on gaining in your sweat gathering skill. It used to be that you could only gather sweat until you reached around 200 in sweat gathering, but this cap has been removed or made significantly higher. For the rest of the skills, there is no limit :)

As for the actual sweat gathering process itself and the number of bottles you collect, it has much to do with luck. :)

wohoo ... Just sold my first 1k sweat (and yes, the bottle was gone but I got a new one ;-)

So, I advertised it for 11 PED (which attracted quite obviously a few people given that it usually sells a little higher) ... Since I'm a total n00b and needed some help, I didn't really mind ...

But say I've got 2000+ sweat and only want to sell 1000 (can I do that?)

Now that I'm the richest EU member there is (LOL, not really) I soon would like to invest into one of those hugely discuesses FAP (first aid pack so I learned) ... I've seen that the terminal sells them for 15 PED (brand new I'd imagine) ... Is that a good (or at least a decent) deal ?

And if you had (just imagine it for a second) as much PED's as I, would you buy something else as your first item ??

ILW

In Love With said:
But say I've got 2000+ sweat and only want to sell 1000 (can I do that?)

Yes you can, just double click the bottle in your inventory and type in the amount you want to separate.

The (t)rade (t)erminal FAP is a great one for you to start out with. It will help you build medical skills and is really good on decay. (Note: almost every item in EU need repair eventually...you can repair your FAP at a repair terminal when it eventually breaks for a fee.)

In Love With said:
And if you had (just imagine it for a second) as much PED's as I, would you buy something else as your first item ??

It depends really on what your goals are in EU. A FAP is really a good 1st item purchase for anyone though, as the good majority of us will need to be able to heal ourselves from time to time. ;)

you can seperate differant amounts of sweat by doubleclicking at them
the a window pops up, where you can choose the amount, you want to withdraw, this works with all stacks, and the ped card
to the first item
well, depends on what you want to be
if you don't want to deposit at all, this will just drain your cash, 1 pec you pay per heal, and the best you can get is 10, so you need at least 9 pec for a full heal atm, so rather regenerate on your own
in the case of non depositer, rather save your money, and start trading (see pinky's thread about how to make money in EU, under the sticky threads)
in the case of possible depositer, maybe try the profession out you want to skill, or get a short overview about the 3 main professions

Alice said:
you can seperate differant amounts of sweat by doubleclicking at them
the a window pops up, where you can choose the amount, you want to withdraw, this works with all stacks, and the ped card
to the first item
well, depends on what you want to be
if you don't want to deposit at all, this will just drain your cash, 1 pec you pay per heal, and the best you can get is 10, so you need at least 9 pec for a full heal atm, so rather regenerate on your own
in the case of non depositer, rather save your money, and start trading (see pinky's thread about how to make money in EU, under the sticky threads)
in the case of possible depositer, maybe try the profession out you want to skill, or get a short overview about the 3 main professions

Good stuff here for me ... I think it would be crucial to get my skills up (when healing myelf) so I wouldn't worry too much about paying a few pecs for doing so ... As I read throughout more threads, I've seen that there is virtually no cap on gathering sweat (and if, you just start a second character, gather sweat and sell it to your first one for free [or is that not allowed?] ...

I'll try seperating my sweat (as I've sold indeed a little more then 1K earlier on :)

Thanks
ILW

Back