sometrics complaint

Dennis blighter

Prowler
Society
Lost Renegades
Thanos Blighter Havoc
so i recently did a sometrics offer, and well, i opened and tried the discovery card one, because it gives 212 ped.
i filled it out, they called me, they approved me. and i recieved NO PED. this is what they said in our (report a problem) email.
please note i filled this out on my PC and my IP address indicates I live in Anchorage Alaska, which is correct.

Jose Castro, Jul 09 04:02 pm (PDT):
Hello,

Please note our system indicates that you have used a proxy IP to complete and/or view offers out of your country. Unfortunately we will not be able to process this offer. Please make sure to refrain from doing so, for your account will be flagged for fraudulent activity and will be suspended. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis, Jul 06 05:00 pm (PDT):
it does not even indicate i have completed the offer. i have attached a picture of the congratulations page as thats is the only possible evidence to provide.

thank you.

Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:09:42 +0000

Attachment(s)
credit.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis, Jul 06 07:09 am (PDT):
Signed up for the discovery card i have recieved no credits.
They called me to confirm and to get approved. Yesterday i was approved for 2500.

But i have not recieved my ped

(yes i will be disputing this until i get my ped.)
and i just wanted to show this to NOT trust "Sometrics" because they use tricks.

Subscribing

But on a side note....Anchorage based player here as well...thought I was the only one!

Subscribing

But on a side note....Anchorage based player here as well...thought I was the only one!

theres a couple in my society from alaska at least ;D

and yes i have sent a support case to complain to them and to use it as a dispute until i get the agreed amount of 212 ped for completing the offer.

Last edited:
Got a reply from caly support.

!Thank you for contacting us. I suggest you keep communication with the sometrics tech support since they are the ones who have the ability to check logs of completed offers, IP address, etc. On the other hand, thank you for making this available to us this way we can rate their support service and conclude if they are worth having them as partners.

Kind regards,
Cameron | Planet Calypso Support

So i will be sending sometrics with more stuff in attempt to recieve my ped.
If i registered the disscovery card to a united states address, does the IP they claim to see even matter?
Even tho iconfirmed my IP is An alaska IP location?

Seems like a scam to me. Well ill be trying, any hanges ill update here.

they are a scan..I spent a week trying to get 9ped from them..have to keep on them..still never got my others i did..so I stopped

Maybe they think Alaska is a part of Canada??!!:scratch2:

Since they assume that you are using a proxy to complete forms outside your area.. ;)

Subscribing

There are 6 Lost Renegades from Alaska, and the only one I know in rl is my wife.

sorry for off-topic... I hope you get it straightened out Dennis.

narfi

Oh and remember to buy something to with new card..if I remember right in small print it says you have to buy something to get points

I completed a few of the free offers, got to the "thank you" page and still received no peds. I had no hope in this anyway, another fail.

My guess is the only working offers are for NA...

Anyone having issues with sometrics please send EU support a case, they want to know of any issues.

I did with mine, but they didnt do anything about it

All I can say is that sucks. I hate to say chalk it up to BS, but it might be more trouble than it's worth at this point. I was too stand-offish to do that offer. It is not cool that there are exceptions to the offer.

I have been working on a number of the sometrics and have nearly 60 peds from it. Not all things go through right away, and some don't seem to pan out. If I spent 5 minutes on one and I feel I did what they asked on the EU page and nothing is happening, then I move on. I can imagine that that application took a lot of time, etc.

If anyone wants some tips I have gotten from doing these offers PM me.

I have emailed sometrics another email to dispute it. Currently awaiting a reply.

For some things sometrics may be ok. However its just like any other company/ website, their all the same offers.
Theres othing special with sometrics, its just another crap, make money on people filling stuff out crap

My issue, now i have a credit card i didnt want anyways, but for an "easy" 212 ped... Thought it would be worth it.

Btw, it only took about 3 minutes to fill the info, 2 mins on the phone to confirm. And walla, i should have ped, but no.
Cuz it says as soon as im approved, ped is provided.

Ps, once i get the ped, im canceling the card.

This is bullshit. Ill be complaining to MA about this.
I kept reporting the same offer and sending these because they said to, now im IP banned from them.

MA should have shared power with this.
Also notice this is in reverse order. Read the messages bottom from top.

Please note i only have done 1 offer forthis discovery card, i have filled out no other surveys or anything.

Your request (#******) has been updated.

Jose Castro, Jul 13 02:12 pm (PDT):
Hello,
Our system has permanently blocked this IP, due past fraud. If this IP is used on any offer, we fortunately will not be able to process the offer to your account. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Dennis, Jul 12 05:42 pm (PDT):
If i show you a picture of my address, my name ect with the new card. Can i get paid?
Or am i going to get another animated response?
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 21:41:37 +0000

Dennis, Jul 11 04:06 pm (PDT):
I need a real answer.
Not some automated crap
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:01:59 +0000

Jose Castro, Jul 11 04:01 pm (PDT):
Hello,
Please note our system indicates that you have used a proxy IP to complete and/or view offers out of your country. Unfortunately we will not be able to process this offer. Please make sure to refrain from doing so, for your account will be flagged for fraudulent activity and will be suspended. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks.

Dennis, Jul 10 05:44 pm (PDT):
i already provides evidence the last report, however you said my IP was from another country or something. well that is false, my IP address is in alaska, in the USA, its not a "proxy" like you said.
now i completed my offer, now where is my ped.
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 00:42:31 +0000

Dennis, Jul 10 05:42 pm (PDT):
completed the offer got a discover card you guys said my IP is from another country? well its not. thats false. give me what you owe me.

Yeah, tried Sometrics few times, no PED has been paid. Did about 4 surveys or something.
Contacted MA, they said: "meh..... contact Sometrics, not much we can do".

Just drop the Sometrics option to receive PED, it's a plain scam.

Ill be sending MA an email directly to complain instead of using the support route.
Being cut 212 ped, putting a credit card in my name, i have it physically, and sometrics ip banning me from their service is bullshit. I have every possible thing i can prove, but yet its deemed a fraud.

If MA is not willing to do something for the players at our loss then sometrics should not be a part of EU.
And if MA isnt willing to help us out, they shouldnt be partners with them in the first place.

Also, normally when a 3rd party company partners with something, everyone associated with that recieves better services..

Our system has permanently blocked this IP, due past fraud. If this IP is used on any offer, we fortunately will not be able to process ...
Warning sign #1: The first thing I notice is that this looks more like written by someone not having English as their first language. This is often an indication of a rogue criminal organization, often from eastern Europe.

Warning sign #2: Like true spammers, they "ban" you, and try to both scare you and pin blame on you.

Warning sign #3: They complaining about you using "a proxy" could be an indication they couldn't easily penetrate your computer to install a trojan.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just cut through the bullshit and report them to the police for fraud. Plain and simple. If #3 can be reasonably proven, FBI would probably be the correct agency - not the local police.

I hope you didn't give them too much personal information. If you did, it might be worth it to keep an eye on your bank account statements in the coming 3-6 months.

++luck;

Warning sign #1: The first thing I notice is that this looks more like written by someone not having English as their first language. This is often an indication of a rogue criminal organization, often from eastern Europe.

while i totally agree with your main point(s) it has to be said that most spam and scams like these originate in the USA, picking on eastern Europe does not really help in any way, and quite a few americans write as if english isnt their first language either :p

Warning sign #2: Like true spammers, they "ban" you, and try to both scare you and pin blame on you.

Warning sign #3: They complaining about you using "a proxy" could be an indication they couldn't easily penetrate your computer to install a trojan.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just cut through the bullshit and report them to the police for fraud. Plain and simple. If #3 can be reasonably proven, FBI would probably be the correct agency - not the local police.

I hope you didn't give them too much personal information. If you did, it might be worth it to keep an eye on your bank account statements in the coming 3-6 months.

++luck;
agreed. we need to stop sometricks before its to late

I suspect your email account is getting a healthy dose of spam? I still can't believe MA is associated with these people.

No, just the same amount ;-).....

And yes, EU being even associated with sometrics is horrible.

The Sometrics offers are crap, crap and did I say crap?

I have a hard time believing that MA would be associated to a company that is ripping it's players off. I have approximately 10 offers sitting in my 'Status' waiting for PED to be paid. They are all marked as viewed only.

MA needs to step up to the plate here. They are somewhat responsible by acknowledging their partnership with Sometrics.

I will be sending as many complaints and support tickets as I can with proof of installed apps until I receive my PED. They got what they wanted by me downloading and installing crap on my system. They got paid. Now they need to pay out what they said they would.

if MA doesent remove sometics soon im outta here

And I think the reason it ticks me off even more is that there used to be a few sites where Players were doing this in trade for PED in game, however they were shut down because of ToS/EULA infringements or something to that effect.

And I think the reason it ticks me off even more is that there used to be a few sites where Players were doing this in trade for PED in game, however they were shut down because of ToS/EULA infringements or something to that effect.

zehx, remember him. was an honest person

LOL....I bet you saw one television documentary about some scam made in eastern european countries and now you think thats all of them are done there :D and ROGUE CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION :D

my advice to you: play less EU and go travel or just watch less television!

LOL....I bet you saw one television documentary about some scam made in eastern european countries and now you think thats all of them are done there :D and ROGUE CRIMINAL ORGANIZATION :D

my advice to you: play less EU and go travel or just watch less television!
Actually, I have professionally combated spammers, scammers and online criminals. That there are crime syndicates in f.ex. Russia with deep ties into the governments is a public secret.

Now crawl back under the rock, son, because the sunshine and drugs are clearly doing you no good.

Actually, I have professionally combated spammers, scammers and online criminals. That there are crime syndicates in f.ex. Russia with deep ties into the governments is a public secret.

Now crawl back under the rock, son, because the sunshine and drugs are clearly doing you no good.

based on documented evidence the same could be said for governments in most western democracies?
at the very least scandals seem to bubble to the surface every couple of years in most countries?
probably a reason why discussing real life politics is discouraged here as far as i know.
While i share your distaste of companies like sometrics i really dont see what eastern europe has to do with this.
from publicly available information it is easy to find their list of officers, and none of them have slavic sounding names?
Mr. Ian Swanson
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Matthew Gray
Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer
Mr. Steve Schepke
Vice President of Business Development
Ms. Jennifer Bartlett
Business Development Manager
Mr. Michael Maher
Business Development Manager

their business address is also in the US, in el segundo california, maybe its just that they, like many companies, outsource their support. As i said before, the last figures i saw implied that most spam and online fraud in the world originates from the US. I really dont see why a discussion regarding what might be a distasteful corporation has to be diverted towards conspiracy theories about eastern european gangsters with government connections.

Back