Sonic Squid

Oleg

Mutated
Oleg Oleg McMullery
index.php

Sonic Squid

Description

The Sonic Squid gets its name from its main attack tactics: by pushing water from the jet bladder through a thin membrane, the sonic squid produces a powerful high-frequency scream that stuns its victim, making the victim easier to kill.

Creature Type

Animal

Damage Type

To add
Source: To add

Maturities

MaturityLHealthDamageAgiIntPsyStaStr
Young9660Limited2010106620
Mature10720Limited2010107220
Old10780Limited2011117820
Provider11840Medium2011118420
Guardian12900Medium2112129021
Dominant13960Medium2112129621
Alpha141020Medium22131310222
Old Alpha151080Medium23131310823
Prowler1611406123141411423
Stalker171200Large25151512025

Locations

PlanetLon.Lat.MaturityDensityNotesVerified
Calypso4050055600Provider to AlphaLowTI Cote Fleury11-Mar-15
Calypso4010051100Mature to OldLowTI Morgan's Straight. Mixed with various mobs.28-Apr-15
Calypso6235089580Alpha to StalkerMediumTidewater Caverns (instance)28-Apr-15

Miscellaneous

Link to Entropedia
Archived Bestiary information

Last edited:
Reserved...

The Creatures section is currently under construction and this process will take some time to complete. The work is being done by volunteers with limited time, so please bear with us while we add the data. If you can provide any information that is currently missing, please post in the thread to let us know.

While this construction period is ongoing, you will be able to access the old Bestiary section which is archived in a sub-forum of the Creatures section. Each mob thread in Creatures contains a link to the relevant Bestiary thread and to the Entropedia page, so if you are looking for information that isn't yet available in the Creatures thread, please use the links provided at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:
Locations

PlanetLat.Long.MaturityDensityNotesVerified
Calypso4050055600Provider to AlphaLowTI Cote Fleury11-Mar-15

I've met and killed several Old at the above location, never seen an Alpha though.
There are also some smaller (Young to Provider, perhaps) south-east of TI Riverside, around [39736, 51524, 101].

I've met and killed several Old at the above location, never seen an Alpha though.
There are also some smaller (Young to Provider, perhaps) south-east of TI Riverside, around [39736, 51524, 101].

Well as you can see from the scan data, I definitely met some!

What I've found is maturities can alter, most obviously on player operated Land Areas, one of the purposes for a date field so you can see if the information is dated and perhaps needs updating.

I'll check out that TI Riverside location, thanks and update accordingly! :)

Been a while since I saw them.. There were lower maturity at the SE beach of Troy, on the way out to that island. Needs to be re-verified, they are not alone.

they are not alone.

This is the trouble with a lot of the "fish" mobs. You can often find Razortooth, Calypsocod and Rippersnapper all mixed together. It will go in notes if other mobs are present to give "fair warning" :)

There is an underground cave with a bunch in, they are only mobs in the cave pool so easy to hunt. I will give coordinates, and cave directions later tonight when I get back on Calypso.

You do have to run and fight through a few Pupugi old alpha-stalkers first but other then that pretty easy to get to.

Are y'all testing the new bestiary format?

Looks great!

Thanks Fred, if I had tried to guess which mob would get the most attention on Day 1 of Creatures release, Sonic Squid wouldnt have been in my top 20 guesses!

Looking forward to the contributions to come to help flesh out the data on the other 100+ mobs we all encounter on Calypso :)

Thanks Fred, if I had tried to guess which mob would get the most attention on Day 1 of Creatures release, Sonic Squid wouldnt have been in my top 20 guesses!

Haha, me neither :D

There is an underground cave with a bunch in, they are only mobs in the cave pool so easy to hunt. I will give coordinates, and cave directions later tonight when I get back on Calypso.

You do have to run and fight through a few Pupugi old alpha-stalkers first but other then that pretty easy to get to.

The place you mean is Tidewater Caverns, the entrance is at 62300, 89600 (the cave itself being an instance). I remember finding some Sonic Squid there a long time ago, big ones if I remember correctly. I haven't been back to the area much since as I find it annoying getting lost in the caves.

Thanks guys, this is just the sort of help and discussion we need in our efforts to add data. For the location info there are obviously a lot of spawns of various mobs out there, but the fact that people are talking in this thread suggests it's a mob that people are curious about, so is a good place to focus attention.

Haha, me neither :D

The place you mean is Tidewater Caverns, the entrance is at 62300, 89600 (the cave itself being an instance). I remember finding some Sonic Squid there a long time ago, big ones if I remember correctly. I haven't been back to the area much since as I find it annoying getting lost in the caves.

Thanks guys, this is just the sort of help and discussion we need in our efforts to add data. For the location info there are obviously a lot of spawns of various mobs out there, but the fact that people are talking in this thread suggests it's a mob that people are curious about, so is a good place to focus attention.

You are correct that is the cavern, if you enter and just keep taking first lefts you will find a pond, usually have to kill only a couple Stalker level Pupugi to get there and yes the Squid are mid to upper level Squid but still not to bad since you can pick and kill just one at a time if you want. The Water cavern is quite big and fun to explore.

Missing stats of L9 Sonic Squid Young:

sonic_squid_young_l9.jpg

TI Cote Fleury location is still nice in 2021 for the Category 2 Daily Mission. (encountered Old to Dominant)

I wasn't used to the "deepwater" shooting though... a little scary at first :scared:

(but after 10 minutes... it becomes very peaceful 🧘‍♂️)

Scarce population, mixed with Rippersnapper, can take some time to kill even 20.

edit 2022 : The density have been increased since NTI, it's now faster to do the daily (y)

Last edited:
Back