Spider Comes to Swamp Camp

Or Ambu for that matter!

How's Sunday (15Jun) afternoon (EST/GMT-4) sound?

~I

Ambu are possible. There are some west of the rig and some more (just a few) south of Argus. That would be a challenging run. I may try it. Just bring a few and then kill all but one so the sweaters can sweat a real mob!
I take all my disciples as soon as possible to neas, but many new people dont get the chance to sweat ambu for quite a while.

Not so sure this is such a good idea anymore... some people might get bothered by the Spider being there... I will consider it more...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/115996-star-ruining-others-fun.html

I see nothing wrong with exposing the Swamp Campers to uber mobs. Not like most of them are wearing armor and will get decay or anything but killed a few times. I think fair warning for the hunters there would be nice but it's all good there otherwise.

Ambu are possible. There are some west of the rig and some more (just a few) south of Argus. That would be a challenging run. I may try it. Just bring a few and then kill all but one so the sweaters can sweat a real mob!
I take all my disciples as soon as possible to neas, but many new people dont get the chance to sweat ambu for quite a while.

I take all my disciples to Neas within the first few days as well so they have more sweating options open to them and they dont get bored in one spot. Atlas H is another good TP to have early on.

Not so sure this is such a good idea anymore... some people might get bothered by the Spider being there... I will consider it more...

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/general-discussion/115996-star-ruining-others-fun.html

It would be one thing if you brought an entire mob of spiders - the Thorio raid at Nea's, for instance, brought more Thorio than the cannon could take down. Many rezzed only to die again as they were rezzing because of how many there were. A lone spider, while dangerous, isn't going to be so disruptive. And it would be a simple enough matter to post a couple people at camp to issue continual warnings "Hey, there's something big and nasty coming. Look, but stay back."

This way there won't be much room for complaining.

~I

I thinnk this going to be great fun if we all get boxing glove on and do spider boxing :yay::yay:

Get some one to do the Video on NOOBS VS SPIDER. It could turn out to be a great event for people at swam camp to do. I could throw in some sponsor prize for the one that kill the spider. If it global of Hof on that spider is better. So make a boxing team for that spider.

PM me if you think it do able.

Mechanic

I'm not a boxer though... swordsman, but no boxing.

A shame we cannot get a Falx from Amethera to Eudoria :laugh:
Take me instead. There is not much difference between Falx and Falco, apart from health, speed and damage. The names are similar, and Falco lives in Sakura City and has no fear when using a TP.
:D

Oh, I cant be sweated...
:eek:

Running a little late this morning ;) I am looking for a spider now and we will begin our journey shortly :yay:

First attempt... Spider did not make it :( It was more interested in some miners near Nus Lull and the turret got him. Trying again :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Cool which direction you coming in from?

??

Don't think there comeing :(

lol I hope so, waiting at the camp to see :)

LOL We should have a spider waiting party at the Stable :)

HE IS HERE!!! :yay::yay:

Well that was a blast!! :yay: Although he died to soon I am surprised he avoided the turret at long as it did.

Thanks to Jade, Lexi and BC for taking the time to drag it in and entertain us all :) :yay::yay:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Last edited:
It was challenging getting the Spider past the water areas near PA, but Lexi and BC did a great job helping out! Here is the video :wtg:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_cBEYqC6fQ[/YOUTUBE]

Hey Jade....its a holiday weekend coming up for us:yay:. I think its time to drag another spider in over the weekend and invite everyone to come visit!!:D. You organize and I'll be glad to come donate many deaths to the cause again...have to say half the fun was getting him there in one piece :cool:.

Post up a time Jade!!

Lexi

It was challenging getting the Spider past the water areas near PA, but Lexi and BC did a great job helping out! Here is the video :wtg:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_cBEYqC6fQ[/YOUTUBE]

Nice, but could you focus the camera on the spider more? Also some sound would be nice :D

Hey Jade....its a holiday weekend coming up for us:yay:. I think its time to drag another spider in over the weekend and invite everyone to come visit!!:D. You organize and I'll be glad to come donate many deaths to the cause again...have to say half the fun was getting him there in one piece :cool:.

Post up a time Jade!!

Lexi

Would love to actually... all depends on the kids. Friday I do have to work so Saturday or Sunday would probably work the best. Honestly not sure about a time yet. I do know dragging from the mountains south of Hades was easier that dragging from the Troy peninsula.

Nice, but could you focus the camera on the spider more? Also some sound would be nice :D

Yes... I will definately concentrate on the spider more. I had actually forgotten that I had even had Fraps running :laugh: Once I realized I did have it running I figured I should post something... Could always use another film-maker and Fraps is free.

Looks fun, I wana join / help you die / drag spider to newbie town :D

Marber bravo, friend or foe?
Lol, great weapon but I wasted so much money firing it, with an a103 scope and lasers I worked out it cost nearly 50pec a shot!
Back to the good old riker now unless I need to tag, although with a spider I guess you gota tag at max distance cause unless you are uber your not gona survive a single blow.

Shoot and GTFO!111one

OK people... I found a Spider Old Alpha and I am trying to talk it into joining us at the Swamp Camp... should be there in about 1 hour.

Get your cameras ready if that so inclines you!

Nice work :)
I saw it - and died!

Pity it got too close to the turret with its insatiable appetite for noobs tho :D

Nice work :)
I saw it - and died!

Pity it got too close to the turret with its insatiable appetite for noobs tho :D

Yes, that was very disappointing to drag it all that way only to see it eat bullets after 2 minutes. Unsure if I will do that again. Might pick a different location. I think all the activity there makes the Spider act out.

Back