Info: Stop the whiners (what to do with MF)

Igorl

Stalker
Society
Victory
Igor Nikola Lucky
Ok, the more I read every new player has problems with sweat price. MF is dead (or near). Noone actually believes there might be something usefull from it. High end chips are so expencive while providing zero to none usefullness except for fun which doesnt justify their price.

Now - I have several ideas that could resurect MF... down to earth, logical and doable (with some initiative and effor from the right ppl).

Why wouldnt you let ppl do this:

1) Low hitrate extreme damage chips
- 10% hitrate
- 10 x damage
- eco of the weapon of 4.0 altogether (10 pec of ME + decay = 400 damage)
- this way bunch of noobs could actually kill an uber if lucky / theres enough of them
- nice way to "tag" a monster and chop of half of its health with it

2) Freeze chips
- normal hitrate
- no damage
- different levels freeze different amount of time
- example - 20 ME + 5 chip decay = 10s of monster being frozen unable to approach / attack you

3) Mob teleport chips
- normal hitrate
- no damage
- you teleport a mob from you (great for teamhunts on slow mobs) no need to explain further

4) Aura chips
- any form of "aura" which is pre-loaded on your avatar
- to apsorb damage from MOBs, to return damage upon being hit etc.
- for example you preload with 50 pec worth of decay + ME and receive 500 damage protection, each time you get hit you are protected for up to predefined dmg (dependent on chip level)
- or you preload you aura with damage return at normal eco

There suggestions wouldnt tear up the gameplay eco wise, ppl would actually pay more in decay. There would actually be more tactics to implement besides - get a bigger gun - get a bigger fap - get a better armor.

Thank you for readin (if anyone actually did :laugh:)

I.

Ok, the more I read every new player has problems with sweat price. MF is dead (or near). Noone actually believes there might be something usefull from it. High end chips are so expencive while providing zero to none usefullness except for fun which doesnt justify their price.

Now - I have several ideas that could resurect MF... down to earth, logical and doable (with some initiative and effor from the right ppl).

- 10% hitrate
- 10 x damage
- this way bunch of noobs could actually kill an uber if lucky / theres enough of them

2) Freeze chips
- normal hitrate
- no damage
- example - 20 ME + 5 chip decay = 10s of monster being frozen unable to approach / attack you
I.

1) well there already enough powerfull weapons that can take down anyone (in small groups if needed).

2) 10 secs is A LOT for example @ CND big dasps with no armor/fap decay or hogglo stalkers without dying, healing, armor decay...

3) lol?

4) seems reasonable if MA puts a reasonable eco (similar to armors).

A max-outer (costing 3 me per 20 damage maxed)
maxing out all those old-school weapons, giving new purpose to the jester d-2 (as an alternative to the slow breer m1a) etc etc

so a max-outer is sort of an amp, giving each non-sib weapon 10/10 hitability.

1) well there already enough powerfull weapons that can take down anyone (in small groups if needed).

2) 10 secs is A LOT for example @ CND big dasps with no armor/fap decay or hogglo stalkers without dying, healing, armor decay...

3) lol?

4) seems reasonable if MA puts a reasonable eco (similar to armors).

1) Yeah, agreed - if you are a level 100 uber with 10k$ worth of equipment which wasnt my point. Point is that 20 level 10 noobs can take out Star if they can organise well enough + have some luck

2) 10 sec could be max @level 100 freezer profesion (like a reward to keep ppl practicing and burning ME), im sure there is balancing teams who can make it a win - win for everyone

3) Not funnier then decoys we have atm :laugh:

Point is in expanding gameplay with tactics broader then point blank tanking big mobs. Plus making MF DIFFERENT then regular equipment which is basically alot more eco - therefore making MF obsolete.

I.

hey there,

Just wanted to say that I thought it was a good idea(s).
Could even expand on your idea by using the 'chips' in other professions... extraction enhancement, amped amps ;), establishing a scan of area to get % chance of hitting in the area (not a promise you'll find it) to compliment CGA or mineral sense....
The missing link on amping a sword... a 'sharpness chip' :yay:

anyway, hope we get a little bit more diversity or aparent use for this skill collecting in VU10..

all the best,

Indica

:cool::cool::cool:
Great post
:thumbup::thumbup: :thumbup:
nice to see someone
:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:
actually thinking
:eek::eek::eek:

In total agreement with your ideas
Hope MArco reads this one
:computer:

A max-outer (costing 3 me per 20 damage maxed)
maxing out all those old-school weapons, giving new purpose to the jester d-2 (as an alternative to the slow breer m1a) etc etc

so a max-outer is sort of an amp, giving each non-sib weapon 10/10 hitability.

Max-outer would also be nice for some of our high lvl L faps :laugh:

- 10% hitrate
- 10 x damage

2) Freeze chips
- normal hitrate
- no damage

3) Mob teleport chips
- normal hitrate
- no damage
- you teleport a mob from you (great for teamhunts on slow mobs) no need to explain further

4) Aura chips
- any form of "aura" which is pre-loaded on your avatar
- to apsorb damage from MOBs, to return damage upon being hit etc.
- for example you preload with 50 pec worth of decay + ME and receive 500 damage protection, each time you get hit you are protected for up to predefined dmg (dependent on chip level)
- or you preload you aura with damage return at normal eco

There suggestions wouldnt tear up the gameplay eco wise, ppl would actually pay more in decay. There would actually be more tactics to implement besides - get a bigger gun - get a bigger fap - get a better armor.

Thank you for readin (if anyone actually did :laugh:)

I.

HELL NO! There will be like in damn WoW! NO! Passive skills fcuk the w:yay:orld!

HELL NO! There will be like in damn WoW! NO! Passive skills fcuk the w:yay:orld!

Heh - but then WoW = millions of users, EU = several thousands...

I have shown my friends EU and their response is - so u basically press on button till the monster is dead.
My response was: yea
Their response was: well keep doing it if it suit ya :laugh:

I say a bit of GAMEPLAY is in order...

I.

1) Yeah, agreed - if you are a level 100 uber with 10k$ worth of equipment which wasnt my point. Point is that 20 level 10 noobs can take out Star if they can organise well enough + have some luck
I.

1. Anti-material rifles doesn`t need any skills (almost).
2. Decent grenade/rocket launchers needs 40+ levels only
3. lr66 (and some other laser carabines which are powerfull enough to use BBC) starts at level 51 + BBC
4. There are also high dmg/sec (L) pistols that surely doesn`t need level 100 (for example XT starts at 66 and is maxed at 73 which is like what? halfway or not much over it to 100 skillwise. Or bl1600 starts at level 71).

Besides newcomers with level 20s can take down some of the top players? That would make the game totally unplayable (PVP part of the game)... Point i wanted to make is that it would totally disbalance the game. Its the mid class that can challenge top players... Don`t take this personally, you have interesting ideas about MF. :)

P.S. That MF chip would prolly cost A LOT (similar to anti-material rifles), so you need quite a lot of ped anyway.

1. Anti-material rifles doesn`t need any skills (almost).
2. Decent grenade/rocket launchers needs 40+ levels only
3. lr66 (and some other laser carabines which are powerfull enough to use BBC) starts at level 51 + BBC
4. There are also high dmg/sec (L) pistols that surely doesn`t need level 100 (for example XT starts at 66 and is maxed at 73 which is like what? halfway or not much over it to 100 skillwise. Or bl1600 starts at level 71).

Besides newcomers with level 20s can take down some of the top players? That would make the game totally unplayable (PVP part of the game)...What u ment is: NOW PvP is totally unplayable for 95% of players, introducing changes would make it fun again. Point i wanted to make is that it would totally disbalance the game. Its the mid class that can challenge top players... Don`t take this personally, you have interesting ideas about MF. :)

P.S. That MF chip would prolly cost A LOT (similar to anti-material rifles), so you need quite a lot of ped anyway.

Nothin is taken personal - we all have various oppinions.

Now:

1) True, yest still not enough to take down an uber + it isnt available in sufficient quantities.

2) Lev 40+ isnt "only"

3) 51+ is even less "only"

4) Lev 73 is off chart, I aint talking about those guys

Bold: corrected ure statement to better resemble current situation ;) I mean do you REALLY think 20 guys charging 1 guy and not even scratching him in point blank tanking battle is a definition of playable PvP?

Underline: its all about drop rate - they may be as available as lesser or minor TP chips. Afterall they would be 30 dps weapons statistically speaking ;)

I.

Bold: corrected ure statement to better resemble current situation ;) I mean do you REALLY think 20 guys charging 1 guy and not even scratching him in point blank tanking battle is a definition of playable PvP?

I.

As i said its the mid class (which is a lot closer skillwise to ubers) is the one that can and should be able to challenge ubers. By mid class i mean 50-70s. besides you don`t need 20 ppl to take down 1 (unless they are those level 20s you`re talking about).

In any game you look into in most cases its the same system - player can be defeated only by those who are stronger, around the same or a bit weaker but smarter.

There is no point in PVP in MMO if anyone can kill anyone no matter their skill level - just by pure luck who will get the first high dmg shot. Thats why ppl have invented FPS games - where everyone has the same "avatars" just their tactics and IRL developed skills differ and thats what matters.

It is good to see that there is some new ideas to MF as it is a huge potential to make this game mnore interesting.

You can't stop the whiners. Nobody can. :dunno:

The ideas about MindForce are so WoW-like that it hurts. EU is not WoW and we don't want it to be like it! WoW is for kids - click hundreds of buttons, get shiny auras, potions and magics, jump around like Super Mario and chase those green orcs. And wait several hours for the cooldown of your best skills or for your next x20 dmg critical hit (that can bring down even those arrogant high level players with uber gear) :zzz: No thanks ... If I need an uber dead - I'll form an alliance :D

The only usable idea by far (that won't destroy the in-game balance) is for some hand-to-hand weapon amplifier - like "aggression chip" that boosts dmg (depending on the level of the chip) but costs additional ME. Of course the whiners will immediately start crying about the MarkUp of the ME. You can't change that. Nobody can! :wise:

Last edited:
Chips were introduced and hmm "balanced" before mob nerfs ( double hp, higher regen rate ).
After nerfs we didnt get new chips with better damage deal.
All mindforce have some bad things from start like animation lag and never ending reload bug resulting that you newer do at declared shoot rate but much slower or you die waiting that animation end.
Ammo problem -you dont know if tomorrow you will be able to obtain some and formula to get is is greedy and wrong from start. Hard to find right solution but in most cases price of sweat is not a problem but nexus.
Maybe cud work another formula for example 2 ME= 1 nexus and 2 sweats or anything what cud help to lower usage of nexus or to bring ME near price of TT ammo.
Its one of causes that half MF hunters stoped after mob nerf - today you burn much more ME to kill no looter. ( another cause in past that MA "fixed bug" where you was able to deal full dmg without skills but we know that rutine from axes, whips ... )
After last VU queue tool upon reload dont work for mind force any more too.
And to start skilling with nerve blast or fire chip without extreme looses you must be already uber in ranged weapons ( and some general and other skills too )

I like new ideas posted here but basic things shud be fixed first or reinvented from start.

Freeze rock unless it will be "fixed" as decoy despenser today.

:)

Guys,

Nice to see replyes... but dont forget we already have "aura" system implemented in focus. So it wouldnt make EU look like WoW to make copies of that.

And dont point out disbalance - there is a way to balacnce out any of these ideas. My point was to suggest that MF cant compete with regular equipment (hunting and healing) so it should have some extra tactical value.

I.

Why not have skill enhancement (dont know if this is an old idea)

Use MF to increase certain skills during a short period of time so that you can use high end equipment, weapons etc for as long as the chip/ME lasts.

i like the idea of the shielding type chip, i think that would be a great idea, would like it to maybe have an area of effect, say 10-15m so a mindforce user could have a use in hunting. like creating a mindforce dome around the caster, thus assisting in hunters fights, could be a job groups would pay for the service, like fappers.

or a heal chip with AOE, maybe more ME required but also good idea for hunting in larger groups

i do think MF users could use some more uses, i personally would like to see some protective/preventative uses

just a though

Maybe put some chips which work properly and some chips which actually can be maximized through average gameplay. Also put some incentive to skill, what's the big deal of being skilled in MF except that you have an exotic high attribute, psyche?

Remove the bloody animation, it makes only problems, and for starters make a neverblast chip maxable ~lvl 20 with 40ish apm and 20-40ish dmg, with an eco higher than usual weapons, given that ME is not tt.

Revival chips with reload of ~10/minute (why of why to wait more or even that when T=10?) and with a CoS higher than my shoes.

At teleporting implement a zooming function skillbased, so at some 15 level I can have an idea where am I teleporting, and say lvl 40 I can see clearly, the cursour atm is as big as Deathifier's castle for that matter.

Rebalance the skill influence toward almost exclusive MF skills and psyche. What's that Dexterity? Go shoot and you can tailor and MF?

Implement a new area, not much, not with who knows what, but where only MF can be used. Sort of same control mechanism as in events where you disable fap, for instance.

Implement a series of tools on, for instance scanning, or mineral refining, which can be used properly only upon unlockation of step X from MF, I mean Mind Force is something about "mind" no, what bravado and dexterity, apply it somewhere connected.

Make name of players visible with roll over in radar, like in WoW, based on some MF unlock or feature.

Why, of course, implement a new cool feature that upon unlockation of Pink Concentration you can see through clothes.

Dunno. Something, please. For MF? Those suckers who keep the game running by paying something to sweaters? Pretty please?

Last edited:
1) Yeah, agreed - if you are a level 100 uber with 10k$ worth of equipment which wasn't my point. Point is that 20 level 10 noobs can take out Star if they can organise well enough + have some luck

Quite a bit of luck I'd say. I take it you've not seen Star charge into Twin ring, PK everyone in there who are usually Level 30 minimum in their primary weapon profession and HoF off them?

No ones saying turn the game into wow IMO new GFX not going to save the game. I know alot of poeple are just waiting to see the direction in witch the game is going after 10. and there make a decision off of that to stay or leave.
I beleave you need to make the game a little more fun to play but thats just IMO gambling only going to take you so far.

I agree that the MF need a "fix". The only thing i, and i guess most of us, use it for is teleporting. Hunting and healing is better and cheaper done with weapons and FAPs. So i think they must do the MF more like "the magic" in other games, as sugested things like freezing mobs for a short period of time and similar stuff. One thing they could do is to give each mob a mindforce value ("MF hitpoints") so MF attacks the mind of the mob and be able to kill it or maybe only weaken it that way.

Something i hope will be done, excatly what i am not sure of, just something that makes MF a bit more "magic", i think EU/FPC needs that to spice up the game. I think MA already have told us a remake of MF is high up in their "to do list" i remember correctly.

Heh - but then WoW = millions of users, EU = several thousands...

I have shown my friends EU and their response is - so u basically press on button till the monster is dead.
My response was: yea
Their response was: well keep doing it if it suit ya :laugh:

I say a bit of GAMEPLAY is in order...

I.

qft :( EU loses in gameplay to other games. Maybe MF could make it more dinamic ( with shiny stuff, efects ) and fun.

I beleave you need to make the game a little more fun to play but thats just IMO gambling only going to take you so far.

they added the fashion side of the game, its fun if you like playing dress up all day :rolleyes:

all i enjoy doing is killing stuff and looting in this game. i will be greatly dissapointed if they take that away or make it less of a part in this game.

Hey,

Yes i posted that MA should improve MF too, i sayed that they can create a chip to make a player invisible only to creatures to pass by it without agro it.
Other chip that would be great is to heal group of players, something like the rocket luncher, if it heals 50 for any heal is distributed for the damaged players of the team if is 2 guys with damage will heal 25 each.
Other is to run faster, it would be fun 2 guys in pvp running high speed one trying to escape and other trying to kill him.
And a lot more stuff could be donne to make the game more fun. I like all the changes that was been made with L weapons and armors, what i dont like is that we never loot enough to pay it... :laugh:

Lycan

Back