storage fee

Lerp

Provider
Due to overwhelming popularity of my teliport fee concept and how it would help some trades.

I have come up with another sure to be popular idea.
This one should help furniture makers. Players would purchase more apartments and then want to put furniture in them to hold the suff they own.

IDEA:
Charge a fee or remove the storage terminals.
You may keep your reps on this one or stick them in your storage terminals.

hahaha your taking this piss now my son. Whats next all armor L so we have to buy armor to give armor crafters more jobs, all clothes L to give tailor jobs etc?? Come on whats your next thread these are so funny.:laugh:

Cmon, just store your stuff in AH. Make sure there is SB high enough so nobody can steal it. Well, put BO too, and maybe you will even profit from someone like you!

i come back to find this....
wasn't the idea on decaying skills bad enough?!:duh:

i think that the ped/pec nibbling for even the most stupid things you can do is enough already (taking clothes on!)

id rather see quite some of that nonsense removed

as to L clothes, they are there already, see the THING clothes (just that they were smart enough to hide the L in the name you get when you hover over them)

i think that the ped/pec nibbling for even the most stupid things you can do is enough already (taking clothes on!)

id rather see quite some of that nonsense removed

as to L clothes, they are there already, see the THING clothes (just that they were smart enough to hide the L in the name you get when you hover over them)

true, and they decay very fast.

would like to see the clothes quest repeatable...that would be pimp

as for no storage terms...yeah that's /fail but then u already know that

To the OP... What a complete knob and troll U R... Go f**k ya mom!:wtg:

there is a fee for storage already. You have to go from one planet to another to get stuff in storage, and then there's boxes.

Hey lerp, read this. We in EU we are a bunch of angry gamers and we dont need this madness. You come up with ideas that could work really and help MA, but its not helping us gamers.

IDEA:

I was going to type up a long response, but the more I thought about it, mastermesh already said it...

People DO pay a fee (above beyond their free storage limit) for additional storage, in the form of boxes, vehicles, etc.

Sorry, you stole your idea from MindArk. :cool:

Hey lerp, read this. We in EU we are a bunch of angry gamers and we dont need this madness. You come up with ideas that could work really and help MA, but its not helping us gamers.

This is what 99% of all players think. Oh its to help MA. Or its so he can sell something.
Wrong. You dont get it.

These things MA gives away free kill some of the trades players in the game would use to enjoy the game and stay around longer and purchase your things.

I STRONGLY BELIEVE the auction house kills the shop trade. the teliport kills the travel trades. the storage kills the apartment and furniture trade. Every item should be limited. Every item. This would help all the trades. You would pay less for your trade if others were working on their trade.

What all of you believe:Everything should be free and in everylocation. Nothing in the game should be difficult or cost you time OR money. This would make everyone happy. It would kill ALL of the trades but who cares its free and easy.

Last edited:
I do have an honest question...

do you work for the government irl? Seriously, you seem to want to tax everything.... a very "big government" thing to do.

So, do you honestly think people would keep playing if they were FORCED to purchase an apartment so that they don't walk at a snail pace everywhere?

And how would this help furniture makers, at all? Ever tried putting shit on furniture? It's a huge pain. And, considering stuff can be put directly on the floor of an apartment, why would people bother buying furniture if it was just a huge storage area?

Oh, and the average apartment only holds 125 items, iirc, whereas storage holds 500+ (if you don't mind items being invisible) So, what then? Buy two apartments? Three? Hey, why not buy up the entire floor so that I can store all my stuff.

Oh, and lets do the math here.... 7 apartments per floor.. 14 floors on most buildings, but level 0 an 1 not useable(shops) ... sooo, 91 apartments per building... (iirc, the buildings in Bilton area only have 7 floors) For the sake of argument, lets say all buildings have 13 useable floors.. Now, iirc, Bilton and TI City each have 4 buildings? So, then there's Genesis, Omegaton and Sakura with 6-8 buildings? (6 I think, but lets say 8) So, based on that info, there are 2912 apartments on Calypso... lets round it to 2950, to compensate for the houses that can been found in various locations throughout Calypso. Hey, for grins and giggles, lets say 3000 even!

Now, you ask, what about FOMA apartments? Well, really, can't count those, for the most part. Why not? Who wants to have to travel through PvP lootable space to dump their stuff after a hunt or mining run, or crafting, etc? Not me.

So, with this info, are you saying the rest of the players unlucky enough to not have one of these living space are simply screwed?

So, let's say MA did, indeed, implement a fee to use storage. Would it be monthly, weekly, daily, per use, one time? What type of fee? Say it's a per use fee of only a ped. Really, there are some people, largely crafters, who go in and out of their storage at least 100 times a day. If I didn't own an apartment, I don't think a fee would make me quit totally, but I would certainly alter my gaming style, and really, decrease my playing time. "Well, Hounds... that's me for the night... already spent 5 peds on storage today"

Many people would just quit, outright, if MA implemented rediculous fees as you are suggesting. Oh, and FYI, until recently, there WERE monthly fees for apartments.... apparently, those fees were deemed absurd and removed from Calypso.

So, now, the same people you are suggesting these fees would help are, instead, worse off. Less activity in game means less people buying stuff. Even if those crafters click for the ATH, they are still getting screwed because they gotta pay storage fees. If you have never crafted seriously, try running back and forth from your apartment (or anyone's, if you do not own an apartment) with enough supplies for, say, 2k clicks on lvl 3 mining amps. So, now the crafters are pissed off because they either gotta pay storage fees, or waste a LOT of time walking (yes, walking, since you are now over your weight limit) to their apartment and back... so the crafters stop crafting as much.

Crafters not crafting as much, so miners and hunters are kinda screwed, because nobody is buying their ores/enmaters/oils, etc. Now the miners and hunters are pissed off because they either have to sell all their stuff to the TT, or keep it in storgage... erm, I mean, their apartment, and hope the MV for those items returns to a "normal" level, instead of being absurdly low forever. So, miners and hunters stop playing as much.... and because they stop playing as much, the crafters cannot sell anything....

See where this is going? Soon enough, Calypso would have a population of 1... you, since you think it's a brilliant idea to tax the shit out of everything.

Really, do you bother to think these things through logically, or do you wake up from a dream, jot some crap down, and post in on forum after you take a dump and brush your teeth (hopefully, not simultaneously.... and if it is, I do not want to know).

Perhaps your ideas would be better received if you pushed them through the logic machine and they came out on the other side unscathed.

I do have an honest question...

do you work for the government irl? Seriously, you seem to want to tax everything.... a very "big government" thing to do.

So, do you honestly think people would keep playing if they were FORCED to purchase an apartment so that they don't walk at a snail pace everywhere?

And how would this help furniture makers, at all? Ever tried putting shit on furniture? It's a huge pain. And, considering stuff can be put directly on the floor of an apartment, why would people bother buying furniture if it was just a huge storage area?

Oh, and the average apartment only holds 125 items, iirc, whereas storage holds 500+ (if you don't mind items being invisible) So, what then? Buy two apartments? Three? Hey, why not buy up the entire floor so that I can store all my stuff.

Oh, and lets do the math here.... 7 apartments per floor.. 14 floors on most buildings, but level 0 an 1 not useable(shops) ... sooo, 91 apartments per building... (iirc, the buildings in Bilton area only have 7 floors) For the sake of argument, lets say all buildings have 13 useable floors.. Now, iirc, Bilton and TI City each have 4 buildings? So, then there's Genesis, Omegaton and Sakura with 6-8 buildings? (6 I think, but lets say 8) So, based on that info, there are 2912 apartments on Calypso... lets round it to 2950, to compensate for the houses that can been found in various locations throughout Calypso. Hey, for grins and giggles, lets say 3000 even!

Now, you ask, what about FOMA apartments? Well, really, can't count those, for the most part. Why not? Who wants to have to travel through PvP lootable space to dump their stuff after a hunt or mining run, or crafting, etc? Not me.

So, with this info, are you saying the rest of the players unlucky enough to not have one of these living space are simply screwed?

So, let's say MA did, indeed, implement a fee to use storage. Would it be monthly, weekly, daily, per use, one time? What type of fee? Say it's a per use fee of only a ped. Really, there are some people, largely crafters, who go in and out of their storage at least 100 times a day. If I didn't own an apartment, I don't think a fee would make me quit totally, but I would certainly alter my gaming style, and really, decrease my playing time. "Well, Hounds... that's me for the night... already spent 5 peds on storage today"

Many people would just quit, outright, if MA implemented rediculous fees as you are suggesting. Oh, and FYI, until recently, there WERE monthly fees for apartments.... apparently, those fees were deemed absurd and removed from Calypso.

So, now, the same people you are suggesting these fees would help are, instead, worse off. Less activity in game means less people buying stuff. Even if those crafters click for the ATH, they are still getting screwed because they gotta pay storage fees. If you have never crafted seriously, try running back and forth from your apartment (or anyone's, if you do not own an apartment) with enough supplies for, say, 2k clicks on lvl 3 mining amps. So, now the crafters are pissed off because they either gotta pay storage fees, or waste a LOT of time walking (yes, walking, since you are now over your weight limit) to their apartment and back... so the crafters stop crafting as much.

Crafters not crafting as much, so miners and hunters are kinda screwed, because nobody is buying their ores/enmaters/oils, etc. Now the miners and hunters are pissed off because they either have to sell all their stuff to the TT, or keep it in storgage... erm, I mean, their apartment, and hope the MV for those items returns to a "normal" level, instead of being absurdly low forever. So, miners and hunters stop playing as much.... and because they stop playing as much, the crafters cannot sell anything....

See where this is going? Soon enough, Calypso would have a population of 1... you, since you think it's a brilliant idea to tax the shit out of everything.

Really, do you bother to think these things through logically, or do you wake up from a dream, jot some crap down, and post in on forum after you take a dump and brush your teeth (hopefully, not simultaneously.... and if it is, I do not want to know).

Perhaps your ideas would be better received if you pushed them through the logic machine and they came out on the other side unscathed.

I dont want a fee. My personal idea would be to remove the Auction House and the Storage terminal. You would not need to pay anything. MA would not have the cash cow called the Auction House but then you would not have an easy time to sell your goods.
I only suggest a fee because some players would want to use these places.

The point I bring out is that if they are going to have trades then dont undermine them.

Why craft items when they can be hunted.
Why have a shop when you can use the Auction House.
Why buy furniture when you can put everything in storage.
Why pay for a taxi or oil when you can teliport.
Why craft new clothes when they last forever.

What would all the hair and beauty trades think if MA allowed all the avatars to rebuild the avatars every week.
No longer would you pay for hair or make up or body rebuilding.
Then I would say stop allowing Avatars to remake themselfs every week and you would call me a Troll.

Or how about if Teliports to other worlds became free. It would kill space and space travel.
I would say dont allow travel for free and you would say Everyone would quit the game.

Here is an idea (refering to the OP) please stop posting ideas before MindFart actually takes one of your idiotic ideas seriously and implements them. None of the money made from these dumb ideas are going to be going to the community at all. Only decay and a few other fees go back to the community (granted they buy these stupid worthless deeds).

~Danimal

This is what 99% of all players think. Oh its to help MA. Or its so he can sell something.
Wrong. You dont get it.

These things MA gives away free kill some of the trades players in the game would use to enjoy the game and stay around longer and purchase your things.

I STRONGLY BELIEVE the auction house kills the shop trade. the teliport kills the travel trades. the storage kills the apartment and furniture trade. Every item should be limited. Every item. This would help all the trades. You would pay less for your trade if others were working on their trade.

What all of you believe:Everything should be free and in everylocation. Nothing in the game should be difficult or cost you time OR money. This would make everyone happy. It would kill ALL of the trades but who cares its free and easy.

If you can't make enough profit with you're trading, you should relook you're strategy instead of trying to re-invent the game & nerf it in such way that ..
1. turnover will be a lot lower
2. MA makes less money

btw.. you really think you're gonna make more profit if 100 ppl are trying to sell the same thing at twin?
It's couse ppl can put something in auction (& just wait a week wo having to do anything) & not having to stand in twin that keeps the bit of mu there is left now.

You seem to have no idea what consequences you're idea would have!

I dont want a fee. My personal idea would be to remove the Auction House and the Storage terminal. You would not need to pay anything. MA would not have the cash cow called the Auction House but then you would not have an easy time to sell your goods.
I only suggest a fee because some players would want to use these places.

The point I bring out is that if they are going to have trades then dont undermine them.

What would all the hair and beauty trades think if MA allowed all the avatars to rebuild the avatars every week.
No longer would you pay for hair or make up or body rebuilding.
Then I would say stop allowing Avatars to remake themselfs every week and you would call me a Troll.

Or how about if Teliports to other worlds became free. It would kill space and space travel.
I would say dont allow travel for free and you would say Everyone would quit the game.

Go play LARP or some shit, you seem like you would be better off playing that since you make up imaginary shit all the time that would "benifit" people.

~Danimal

Just for you!! :)

and this...

How about MA starts to pay us instead for Fail messages, disconnects, server crashes, bugs, lack of content, not bringing taming and beacons back yet and anything else we can think of they need to fix.:girl:

Due to overwhelming popularity of my teliport fee concept and how it would help some trades.

This one should help furniture makers. Players would purchase more apartments and then want to put furniture in them to hold the suff they own.

IDEA:
You may keep your reps on this one or stick them in your storage terminals.

I dont want a fee.

Since you quoted my entire message, I can only assume you didn't even read past the first two lines.

Indeed... remove all storage terminals. Have every single person who actually PLAYS the game walking about at a snail pace. Oh, wait... no, they could use vehicles to get from point A to point B. Oh, shit... now everyone has to purchase a vehicle. "Dammit, this free to play game is really starting to piss me off, because now I gotta buy all this shit to actually function in the game!"

Again, dude... put your ideas through the logic machine. So far, the ideas you have presented don't make it past the first machine gear before they are shredded to bits.

I didn't know you can hunt Fi/Ra/Co Evils in the wild...
Because you might have something the auction doesn't have and don't want to pay auction fees.
To furnish your apartment to your tastes.
Because you cannot teleport to a different planet or FOMA or CP
Because ATHs happen.

I really understand Your concept and by books, it`s how it should be.

BUT, in the beginning PE/EU is more Storyline, game-play, adventure based GAME.
So a sweater could at least do some traveling, put found stones in storage, or even first stackables,
wear some clothes and so on...

What you are aiming for, is good for entirely another game/virtual market and therefore not applicable to EU, as it would ruin current values.

I believe, it`s not the best possible balance between Economical EU and Adventurous EU, but still, no other game offers that much.

I can see next thread of you...

Fee on log in.
Decay for running.
etc..

I really want to smoke what you are smoking.

Back