Survival of the mentally fittest

sdragonfire

Alpha
Iv'e been playing for over 3 years now, I have never deposited due to irl complications, I am disabled and cannot work in the "real world",so when i found out about EU i was determined to make it work for me, i use head tracking technologies using a simple webcam to translate my headmovements eye expressions to do all mouse functions since my arms n hands are un usable, and if your wondering, i type with my tongue (36 wpm),, but anyway lemme get to my point,, it IS possible for everyone to flurish here without ever depositing, but do we want them to??? Hell no!! If everyone succeeded there wouldnt be a point, it's like if everyone hit the lottery,, everyone would win like wat, a dollar?? lol, but i love it just the way it is n wouldnt want anything to change! The way I see it ,it's survival of the mentally fittest..(if your pockets arnt deep neway). And as for noobs starting at 1 strength, agility etc.,, we should alll be happy bout this!(all but the noobs lol), don't you see how this will effect the current players skill values? They will skyrocket in value! This change was much needed to define a nicer middle class in the virtual world. think of the analogy of moving up on a ladder, no matter were you are on the ladder you can move up (slowly), when a new player enters and starts climbing they will never reach you as long as you keep climbing, but get lazy or quit n they CAN catch up,, well now that they start at 1 point, this is making the ladder much much longer, thus your higher up then u wer b4 the change, if your not noob. So it's more like getting a foot hold and riding it out,, ubers will some day be uber uber, middleclass will be ubers, and noobs will eventually become middleclass,, i think the whole proccess is beautifull. I don't ever think of EU as a game, i think of it more as a base or platform in analogy to the realworld, the realworld doesnt give u anything for free, and anything u do get u gotta work hard to get,, well its the same in the virtual world and very well should be,, if anything, (ill prob get flamed for this but) i say make it harder!!! just my 2 pecs

I see your points sdragonfire.

But what got me about your post is the fact you are disabled and still manage to play this game with your head tracking arrangment. Awsome tenacity :) and a wonderful way to use technology like your equipment and a computer game to conduct an alternative life, where the posibilities are vast.

Well done.

sdragonfire...I don't know how much skills you have after 3 years playing but one thing it is sure: you are uber skilled irl :thumbup:

Don't really know what to say.
It's awesome to read your story and see how much you get out of EU, and your points are well made. We moan way too much and don't have anything that we can't get past if we put our minds to it have we?

Very motivating thread.
+rep for the lift and for showing indomitable spirit.

t

gratz on not letting your disability keep you from doing what you wish in the world

i myself have a serverly disabled child and we make sure he enjoys the same things other kids enjoy

and as far as your post goes

the lowering of the starting skills has indead made a middle class of citzens but it also made noobs much slower on tp runs now

but i will suffer havbing to stop and wait on them in order to mainain my middle class status

Angled

Iv'e been playing for over 3 years now, I have never deposited due to irl complications, I am disabled and cannot work in the "real world",so when i found out about EU i was determined to make it work for me, i use head tracking technologies using a simple webcam to translate my headmovements eye expressions to do all mouse functions since my arms n hands are un usable, and if your wondering, i type with my tongue (36 wpm),, but anyway lemme get to my point,, it IS possible for everyone to flurish here without ever depositing, but do we want them to??? Hell no!! If everyone succeeded there wouldnt be a point, it's like if everyone hit the lottery,, everyone would win like wat, a dollar?? lol, but i love it just the way it is n wouldnt want anything to change! The way I see it ,it's survival of the mentally fittest..(if your pockets arnt deep neway). And as for noobs starting at 1 strength, agility etc.,, don't you see how this will effect the current players skill values? They will skyrocket in value! This change was much needed to define a nicer middle class in the virtual world. think of the analogy of moving up on a ladder, no matter were you are on the ladder you can move up (slowly), when a new player enters and starts climbing they will never reach you as long as you keep climbing, but get lazy or quit n they CAN catch up,, well now that they start at 1 point, this is making the ladder much much longer, thus your higher up then u wer b4 the change, if your not noob. So it's more like getting a foot hold and riding it out,, ubers will some day be uber uber, middleclass will be ubers, and noobs will eventually become middleclass,, i think the whole proccess is beautifull. I don't ever think of EU as a game, i think of it more as a base or platform in analogy to the realworld, the realworld doesnt give u anything for free, and anything u do get u gotta work hard to get,, well its the same in the virtual world and very well should be,, if anything, (ill prob get flamed for this but) i say make it harder!!! just my 2 pecs

With all due respect your point of view is a bit to egocentric for the vast majority of players to appreciate. MA have lengenthed the required time to progress an avatar which obviously suits someone with your lifestyle. As for skill value - this depends on supply and demand of said skills which you neglect to consider. If MA has decreased the attractiveness of the skill system unduly then many may leave and not so many follow, as you have pointed out -"we should alll be happy bout this!(all but the noobs lol), "-

Back