Sweaters are their own worst enemies

Nothing new here... market is always over saturated.

and they smell.

Keep selling your time and effort short and sweat will be at TT value.

Sweating was never meant to be a full time occupation but also with the amount of sweaters these days theres an overabundance of sweat an this aint gonna change anytime soon:wise:

be zennnnnnnnn

Last edited:
Sweating was never meant to be a full time occupation but also with the amount of sweaters these days theres an overabundance of sweat an this aint gonna change anytime soon:wise:

Only a few seriously misguided people think of it as a full-time profession. Quite a lot of sweating occurs for one or more of the following reasons:
  • loot seems to suck, making people unwilling to take risks;
  • PEDs are tied in the storage, and people sweat while waiting for their crafting/trading contacts to come online;
  • PEDs are tied in auction, and idem waiting for it to finish;
  • waiting for something else to happen;
  • not knowing what to do and killing time until a bright idea dawns on them :D

This list is not meant to be complete, just to demonstrate that not everybody sweats for PEDs.

Also, "sweating while waiting for PEDs" could probably be reduced by a better auction house and lower commissions.

• loot seems to suck, making people unwilling to take risks;
  • PEDs are tied in the storage, and people sweat while waiting for their crafting/trading contacts to come online;
  • PEDs are tied in auction, and idem waiting for it to finish;
  • waiting for something else to happen;
  • not knowing what to do and killing time until a bright idea dawns on them :D

loot seems to suck, making people unwilling to take risks
- never expect to get more from loot then what you use to hunt, mine or craft by selling to trade terminal. you have to play the social aspect of the game and try to sell to other players to make up for losses doing the hunting, mining and crafting. also take into account while you do these activities your gaining skills and skills are worth ped value also not just the loot or products you get from activities. then on top of that the company has to make money via losses from activities, if the company gave out more then they make the game would not exist. rule of thumb only ever expect to get back 75-90% tt value on any run, you will get some runs lower and some higher then that but on average never expect outside that range.

PEDs are tied in the storage, and people sweat while waiting for their crafting/trading contacts to come online
PEDs are tied in auction, and idem waiting for it to finish

- this is true, that is the dynamics of the game and something you have to live with if you want to play this game.

not knowing what to do and killing time until a bright idea dawns on them
- yes exactly, there are other activities as well like walk for stones, just explore the land, take a break from game watch tv, go for a walk, download another game and check it out. I for one do not think EU was ever or will ever be a game intended to play 10+ hours a day but more of a few hours here and there when you have time. Well unless you keep depositing and going and keep building up storage or just playing and tt'ing not caring about losses. This is a game not a job, it has never been and should never be considered an alternative to working IRL, because a few have worked and figured out how does not mean everyone can or will be able to do it and be successful.

just my thoughts on the matter.

*edited/deleted off topic post

To OP - is wrong to look on sweating only from ped side.
Sweating is social, is relaxing and give some basic knoweldge about game.
By sweating newcomer can gain a lot of skills wich he will need latter in other professions practicaly for free.
Ofc cud be also challenge or way to get crafting and MF resources.
Im lvl 53 sweater and newer sold single botle in all my sweater life.
I sweat when im tired or need some break of hunting, minig, crafting, scaning, faping, exploring and a lot other activityes.
Sweat gathering shud be addvertised as just another cool and funny thing to do in EU and not as no depo way to play.

Last edited:
Edit: I went too far and take it back.

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
The laws of supply and demand in an open free market are a sweater's worst enemy.

Infinite supply and very low demand equals shit prices for sweat. Simple as that.

be zennnnnnnnn

Last edited:
I apologize for my rude tone in this thread. I already asked a mod to delete all the political content that is against the rules. I should have more patience and just stick to the facts. There is no need for name calling.

I apologize for my rude tone in this thread. I already asked a mod to delete all the political content that is against the rules. I should have more patience and just stick to the facts. There is no need for name calling.

And I deleted my posts; there is no need to keep on ranting on about my frustrations on menkind in general.
It's just foolish.
Let everyone be in what they are :zen:

And I deleted my posts; there is no need to keep on ranting on about my frustrations on menkind in general.
It's just foolish.
Let everyone be in what they are :zen:

I will follow your example. The mods can read edited posts so I am not hiding anything from them. :)

Sigh,

I see things on the forums have not changed much. I make simple thread about sweaters and it becomes world war III.

They are part of the game.

Even if sweat gets down to 10 pec per 1000 people will always pound on them senselessly as being responsible for all the evils of the game.

I mean, sheesh.

Their impact on the game diminishes by the day.

Sadly, in the pool of sweaters are potential depositors. The more the pool of sweaters shrinks, the fewer potential depositors there are from said pool.

It's easy to blame the sweaters. As if MA mismanaging the game has nothing to do with things.

<removed>

The faster they get bored, the faster they depo... :) or leave. Frankly the sweat market is so heavily exploited, from resellers to bots, that it deserves an absolute crash to clear the air a little bit.

Also there is a basic lack of understanding of how market works. Here in game we have the ruthless, unabashed capitalism one can only dream (or have nightmares) - is the survival of the fittest even by some which most probably will be shunned in RL by their "fair share" mercenaries. We had the migration - ME was selling nicely around 140% at AH, with a 130ish% net worth after commission and refiner decay.

Last edited by a moderator:
The laws of supply and demand in an open free market are a sweater's worst enemy.

Infinite supply and very low demand equals shit prices for sweat. Simple as that.

I disagree. To a point supply and demand will always affect prices. It's part of having a world economy that is based on rampant capitalism. Be careful before you get out your pitchforks. I mostly mean rampant in terms of how widespread capitalism is through out the world. Although, certainly, lack of restraint is an issue. The billions of dollars of wasted food and and landfills overstuffed with items that could have had new homes instead of just tossed out as waste or clear indications. But, that is another topic.

Sweaters, like traders that TT tons of items, are guilty of the same thing. They know that exerting a bit of effort they could reap greater rewards in the long run.

Both are shortsighted.

If a trade sits around waiting for someone to ask if he has something for sale he will be in for a long wait. Sweaters who do the same or take any offer that comes by are going to have similar results.

That is why I disagree.

I disagree. To a point supply and demand will always affect prices. It's part of having a world economy that is based on rampant capitalism. Be careful before you get out your pitchforks. I mostly mean rampant in terms of how widespread capitalism is through out the world. Although, certainly, lack of restraint is an issue. The billions of dollars of wasted food and and landfills overstuffed with items that could have had new homes instead of just tossed out as waste or clear indications. But, that is another topic.

Sweaters, like traders that TT tons of items, are guilty of the same thing. They know that exerting a bit of effort they could reap greater rewards in the long run.

Both are shortsighted.

If a trade sits around waiting for someone to ask if he has something for sale he will be in for a long wait. Sweaters who do the same or take any offer that comes by are going to have similar results.

That is why I disagree.
Buyers could do the same. Be more aware of not paying too high a price, so price won't get inflated. If buyers always went for the lowest possible price, sweaters wouldn't get more than 1 ped/k.

Fact is it's still supply and demand. You try tamper with that, by withholding sweat from the marked, fewer ppl with use MF, and the total amount of ped paid for sweat will DROP in the long run.

Same discussion as 5 years ago. Nothing has changed, except the names of the sweaters.
Nothing to see here, move along. ;)

I told before the sweat should be only on lower hp mobs (under 500 hp) ... you can not stop the "thing" sweat and turret the mob....
Let see if MA will listen and will remove the sweat from mobs higher then 500 hp...

oh no looks like I missed all the fun in the thread (at least it wasn't me for a change)...LOL.

On a serious note, I might hunt spiders and prots these days with quite a big budget, but there was a time I used to deposit $40 or so and sweating really helped me stay in game. Admittedly you can't sell it for 6 peds a k anymore, but as Dan says it is very social activity and can get quite addictive. L30+ was enough for me though..lol.

I would just say to the newbies, that there are so many low level mobs these days, puny missions, even rookie gear and rookie ammo to buy from the TT (trade terminal).

In many ways you can have a lot of fun and gain tons of skills, if you stick to that very low level for a while and don't rush it. $10 - $20 that's all is needed then go and have a blast at PA or camp Icarus. Not a lot of deposit, for a lot of fun to be had.

Still make me smile though, when I see all the arguing STILL going on if I pop over to Neas....the laughs I had there.

Rick

Buyers could do the same. Be more aware of not paying too high a price, so price won't get inflated. If buyers always went for the lowest possible price, sweaters wouldn't get more than 1 ped/k.

Fact is it's still supply and demand. You try tamper with that, by withholding sweat from the marked, fewer ppl with use MF, and the total amount of ped paid for sweat will DROP in the long run.

Same discussion as 5 years ago. Nothing has changed, except the names of the sweaters.
Nothing to see here, move along. ;)

At the moment people are being laughed out of sweat areas with offers far higher than 1ped per 1k. Let's not make up things. As far as organizing. Sweaters have a better chance at that and it's slim to none. Most resellers are just sweaters who are too lazy to sweat for themselves so they try to buy (cough) super cheap and sell not as cheap. Over the 7 years I have yet to see one reseller that survives doing this more than a week. They either move on to something else or quit the game.

Resellers can easily earn a bad rep making poor offers. Sweaters may not have a good rep but not one really pays much attention to the sweater asking far more than the market will bear. The same cannot be said for the reseller who offers far lower than what most other people are offering.

Now I am sure you are likely going to point out that lots of sweaters quit too. This is true. But, their numbers aren't near as small as the pool of sweat resellers out there.

As I already mentioned, supply and demand is a factor. Never said it wasn't.

Lastly, I never mentioned anything about tampering with the price. Nor did I say that people should withhold sweat either.

Telling people not so sell something, sweat or anything else for that matter, below a certain price EVER ultimately fails.

Advising people not to just take any offer that comes walking buy is another thing altogether.

Its simply supply and demand! You can for a cartel, but there are too many sweaters (and the fact that its open to anyone) means that it wont work. The market knows best and whatever anyone else thinks is largely irrelevant!!

Back