Sweating in the new age

Society
Torchwood
Barnabus Von'Erik
I just read the newsletter and took a sneak peak into the design ideas for how sweating will be handled in this post V10 world.

Apparently we will now be forced to buy equipment to sweat. It would be fairer if this piece of equipment never took decay, but you know it will. It might also be more realistic if the device actually improved your sweat gathering.

However I see what MA is doing here. They are cutting out the "Free" in this game, and this will force everyone to deposit at least once.

Some will say that this will improve the value of sweat making it a commodity that people will actually pay High dollar for. I say it's crap and designed to hurt new players and players that don't like to deposit. I realize MA needs to make a buck, but if this is the trend of this game they really should pull the FREE label off it.

I have stopped playing this as heavily as I once did.

Dungeons and Dragons has a free Online game out now that is pretty awesome. It think I will go over there instead of putting up with MA.

{I removed the link}

Last edited:
Because your link and message at the bottom, this thread will probably get garbage binned anyway .. but I'd like to know how you know so much about the tool ? :scratch2:

Isn't it all speculation at this point ?

I predict a :locked:

How do I know so much about the tool?

All they show is a drawing of the new tool.

Any TOOL has decay, and will cost out the arm to use for a resource that used to be gathered for free.

Last edited:
Who's to say that the tool won't function like higher end mining equipment? Maybe it will allow you to sweat at longer range and/or faster than without it. I highly doubt that MA will remove the ability to sweat for free - that would deny them the ability to get other noobs addicted.

Up to this point, many players haven't just decided to deposit and go - most sweat for their first few PED, then go hunting/mining and get hooked. Next thing you know MA has another paying sucker... I mean customer. Now, MA isn't always known to do the smartest things, but this is one thing I doubt they would screw up. MindArk is level 100 in the "Bank Account Mining" profession and holds every ATH in that category, I doubt they would risk their long-term gains over a few PED in the short term

You know the same as the rest of us. Which is.............................

Not alot :scratch2:

Maybe your right maybe not. lets wait & see shall we.

I think you're reading a lot into acouple of lines of text. My guess is that you will stll be able to sweat for free but you will have the option of buying a "sweat amplifier" which will give you more sweat on average. So many people have complained that getting sweat takes so long that MA have listened and found a method to improve the sweat gathering.
But I could be totally wrong.

Lets wait and see....

Have we ever had an item that doesn't Decay?

Has MA ever done something so wonderful that we all said it was a good idea?

Was putting better graphics into a luck based game with real money involved increase the number of new players?

Just because nothing has been released officially by MA except a picture doesn't mean that we can't see where this is going.

I negrepped you because you posted pure speculation as fact, without checking out other discussions about the same thing, and also because you are whining and breaking forum rules :)

Apparently we will now be forced to buy equipment to sweat. It would be fairer if this piece of equipment never took decay, but you know it will. It might also be more realistic if the device actually improved your sweat gathering.

However I see what MA is doing here. They are cutting out the "Free" in this game, and this will force everyone to deposit at least once.

They aren't barring your entry to the universe. That remains totally free.
There's always dung gathering, etc. That remains totally free.

They are a business, not a charity. I'm not a charity either.

I strongly suspect he's right. Somehow.

I just read the newsletter and took a sneak peak into the design ideas for how sweating will be handled in this post V10 world.

Some will say that this will improve the value of sweat making it a commodity that people will actually pay High dollar for. I say it's crap and designed to hurt new players and players that don't like to deposit. I realize MA needs to make a buck, but if this is the trend of this game they really should pull the FREE label off it.

I have stopped playing this as heavily as I once did.

Dungeons and Dragons has a free Online game out now that is pretty awesome. It think I will go over there instead of putting up with MA.

{I removed the link}

Sweat will still be free... that tool will act like an AMP

Oh yes I forgot. You can't vent about the newest MA plan to take more of your PED without someone saying your Whining about the game.

I also forgot that even mentioning another online game is blasphemy.

I apologize to the Uber Entropia gods who have deemed me unworthy to take up the same blog space as they do.

I would also like to say that the reason I posted this in the general "about" area wasn't that I hadn't looked this up and saw that there was a Post about it already. Which I might add is just as full of speculation as what I said.

I posted this so the casual forum glancers such as myself who don't bother digging all the way back into Entropia Universe Professions/Mindforce would see it.

This is a big change that the general non-newsletter reading public should be aware of. It has the potential of changing a very important game mechanic, so why is it buried so far back in the forums?

I would have never looked in the Entropia Universe Professions area for this as it's about a new TOOL. Maybe that's just me though. Maybe everyone else would just think to look there.

And as for free.....

Yahoo chat is free, and I can talk to people there without graphics issues.

This is a game, and it should be fun. It should be as fun for new players as it is for those who have invested (wasted) hundreds of real dollars into it. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't keep logging into something that is not fun.

Last edited:
Back