Info: Sweating Per Hour cost

cuilwenevey

Prowler
Banned
Society
Temporal Destinies
Cuilwen Evey Arnold
Sweating – a way to earn some PEDs - especially for those that can’t deposit in to the game. It is also Free from MA – all it costs you is time. This info is just a general idea for those that never thought about it – Sweating is Time your personal time”.
I have seen Buyers stating that they are buying Sweat at 3PEDs per 1K  This is to funny. Ok, I have seen some offering 4PEDs and 4.5PEDs.

OK let me break this down for you:
Not everyday can someone really collect 500sweat in an hour. Unless, you are very lucky. On the average I have myself collected between 350 – 400 and that is with dying and fails. (Note it don’t matter if you are lvl 0 or Lvl 100 – everyone collects the same amount of sweat 1-4ea time – and within the same hour)
So lets say if you collect 300 to 400 in an hour on a good day - and maybe at the end of 2.5hour you have gotten yourself 1K of sweat.

(A) You see a buyer “ 3PEDs per K” MmM
1K – 2.5hrs – at 3PEDs if you sold (this would mean in you worked for 1.20PEDs per hour or .60pecs per ½ hour)

(B) You see a buyer “5PEDs per K” MmM
1K – 2.5hrs – at 5Peds if you sold (this would mean you worked 2Peds per hour or 1PED per ½ hour)

So which one would you choose? A or B
My answer would be B. Unless you find someone that offers a better deal - more than 5.5Peds per K.

NOTE: It is YOUR time. You sweated; you deserve to be paid fairly. Don’t let buyers think they can cheat you of your time. If they want the sweat bad enough they either go sweat themselves or pay a fair price.

Other threads that talk about prices – but I have not seen one that really broke it down.
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/sweating/169271-reasonable-price.html

another break downs.
1K – 2.5hrs – at 6PEDs (this works out to be 2.40PEDs per hour or 1.2 per 1/2hr)
you can figure it out from here on.

Subscribing!!!! Agreeeding!!!! +REP!!! :D

your my favorites :D Damn, i wish you GL standing against Buyers :D
But i will stand up with you.

I can understand buyers that they wannt as cheaper to get sweats, but NO ONE CEARS what you wannt! if you wannt cheap sweats go and sweat your sellf! will be free sweats!!! :D

*sayd quite shity, im in rush* :D

GL! Nice thread.!

thx Chery Lady..

I have been wanting to post this for a long time. I really have gotten on some buyers at Neas offering below 5.5peds.
I would announce to all that was in the local area not to sell - and to think about there Time. and what it cost them.

Well at least here if some new person is researching the game they can get a understanding that Sweating is time consuming.
At the same time I am hoping that Buyers will know that I have made it my goal to make sure all New Players and those that never broke it down to understand what they are worth.

If everyone would stand up and not sell there sweat below 5.50Peds per K at the least - this is in hopes that Buyers will see that sweat is a value of someones TIME

Erm, you do realise that hunters/miners/crafters also use their personal time... but for them it is usually a matter of -ped per hour?

Just trying to put things into perspective!

:D

sweating is where it all begins. Keep it an opportunity for all to experience and enjoy.

1K Sweat = 5ped +++

Erm, you do realise that hunters/miners/crafters also use their personal time..

yea, but they dont need to hunt for months so that they can go sweating :)

yes - I myself Hunt, mine and craft.
yet many hunters, miners and crafters -deposit into the game for their pleasures. Plus many sell to the TT machine or they have a buyer that buys there Loot!!!!
I do know a few hunters, like myself go out and sweat for my ammo and for my probes and bombs. If I go out hunting it is for my pleasure, and i normally sell all my Loot to a buyer which offer a good MU. otherwise I hunt, mine for my own craft materials.

But for those that sweat (because they don't deposit) they are wanting to buy there first gun (if they are new) and then they want to sweat to buy their ammo so that they can go out and hunt, mine or craft for pleasure.

as Sweating is the most difficult thing in the game; and it is the most time consuming (besides if you walk around looking for fruit, stones and dung)
Buyers need to have respect for those that sweat and take their time to collect 1K.

otherwise sweat prices will go further down. - most buyers resell the sweat or make ME and make a large profit from it all.. ME prices has not really dropped so why should Sweat!!

Wow. a lot of views but not many comments. i wonder if many can't say im wrong. Or they may be to shy to say im Right. :)

as Sweating is the most difficult thing in the game; and it is the most time consuming (besides if you walk around looking for fruit, stones and dung)
Buyers need to have respect for those that sweat and take their time to collect 1K.

You are my new hero.
:king: Power to the sweaters. :king:

Shame on those who say that if we want the minimum wage we should get a real job instead of playing a video game. :rolleyes:

Nah, c'mon.
When I :handjob: it's also time consuming especially if I intend to fill 1000 bottles.
How much do you think it worth? Seriously.

ME can sell for about 200% of TT

It takes Force Nexus and sweat.

Force Nexus is found at the lowest lvl of mining.
Check the map for good locations to collect Force Nexus.
Or use your Sweat $ to purchase some Force Nexus.

Then make the ME and resale it not in AH but on the street.

This should help.
I sweat Dikuba then I kill the dikuba.
No armr.
Slow skill gains but who is in a rush.

Start rumors about sweat being used for more then ME in the next few updates. Maybe just Maybe youll get some large investors to bite the hook and sweat prices will go up as they collect it in hope of large retruns.

Or sweat; mine for force nexus; make the ME and use it to attack and kill what you sweat. You can make the whole circle work for yourself.

Last edited:
I am not giving this opinion to make anyone mad but I think the new player is the big problem. Two years ago when I started I got a pal of mine interested also and we started about the same time. We both started sweating as I think most players do to get a feel for the game and see if we can do it for free. Well in about 3 or 4 days my buddy had a opola. I said where did you get that and he said I sold my sweat. I couldn't wait to sell mine and went to PA and the only one buying was offering 4.5 ped /1000. At the time if you just waited you could get 5 ped but I was not going to have my buddy hunting and me not. Not don't get me wrong I am not being boastful but I have way enough money to play this game at a high lvl of depositing (And have once I started depoing) but the thought of playing for free is a big draw.

The point I am trying to make is if the new players would turn off reading Globals and not see the ones in the window they would not think all they have to do is get a gun or mining equipment and become in game rich. Patients is the key and no matter what you are asking, if all ask the same then that will become the price. I do not think many peeps that are traders will go out and sweat for an hour and half to get enough sweat to make 1K of ME.

One other thing, it took me a few weeks before I started reading the forum and by then I was depoing so IMO very few new players will even be aware of these type of threads and continue to want to get the gun and become rich:).
Peace

you are right in the fact that many new players do not read the forum until much later (weeks even months)
that is why I think if anyone is at PA and see the new arrivals should tell them to log on to EF and find out information on all types of subjects before venturing out on to Calypso. Give them information that is useful for a beginner - don't belittle them and remember that all questions are questions that need answers (remind ppl also that a unasked question is the only dumb question).

*from my own experience - i found that no one helped me or informed me - I took it upon myself to find everything i could before starting out in the game*

So if you really would like to have Noobs get a feel or grasp of the GAME then it is up to YOU and ME to inform them of this Site and make it clear that many of there Questions can be answered here.
Don't forget the other websites that have infomation
http://www.entropiawiki.com/Page.aspx?page=Main+Page
http://www.entropiadirectory.com/wiki/Main_Page

1K – 2.5hrs – at 3PEDs if you sold (this would mean in you worked for 1.20PEDs per hour or .60pecs per ½ hour)

1K – 2.5hrs – at 5Peds if you sold (this would mean you worked 2Peds per hour or 1PED per ½ hour)

there is a problem unfortunately which is left out in the time, the time needed to sell it

example, you dont like the price where you get 3 peds, but instead run back to PA (10-20 min) and wait for 2 hours until some buyer appears

during that time, if you had kept sweating and sold to the lower price person, you would have had ~6 ped
from the high price person you just had 5 ped

so it also breaks down to the time you actually spend sweating and selling, not just plain sweating

the other problem are the prices
currently around 2000 ped of ME sell at auction per day (considering that just TP chips are here, which is used by people to save time so they dont have to run, i think i can assume here that mostly of that is traded via auction to save as well and there aren't like 5000 ped of ME street traded :p)

either way, 2000 ped of ME are 200 000 units i think, which means sweat needed per day 200 000 units (ofc you also have mind essence traders, so not the whole 2000 ped are actually from creator to end user)

but counting with 200 000 units of sweat per day should give a good idea already
from the people i asked i usually got the answer that they get 200-300 sweat per hour (400 i havent heard yet, may have to start a test myself there)
but lets just count with 200, easier figures

now i was at swamp camp and neas some weeks ago and did a quick headcount, i had 30-50 ppl in neas sweating and 25 in swamp camp
i guess that those arent the only places, so lets count with 70 sweaters in the whole game all the time (for one which logs another comes), who all get at least 200 sweat per hour
that is a total of 14 000 sweat per hour

now if all of them sweated 15 hours a day, you have 210 000 sweat already for the market, which covers it already

i guess we can fairly assume that there are at least 70 sweaters over the whole day who get even more than 200 sweat per person (in average) who sweat around the clock

i think the market is very much saturated atm, so low prices aren't such a surprise

additionally to this, we still face the effects of the sweat exploit pre VU10, which brought lots of sweat on the market, which i hardly doubt was already used up
so the supply is huge and demand isn't

i agree however, it is the sweaters time
and the best thing you can do, which applies for EU generally, be patient
if you don't like the price and want to wait for a better one, just keep sweating
then you have more sweat you can sell for higher
i sweated quite a bit myself in the past(2400 pts in SG or so :p)
patience helps a lot there :D

Thanks Alice for your insite.

YES there is the fact regarding how long does it take you to find a buyer to sell to.

In regards to ME (this would go in to a totally differnent set of numbers - if you are a sweater and miner who only go for making and selling ME)

AS the Thread it a basic insite for sweaters to understand their time is worth something. (Yes everyones time is worth something)

AS with anything you can take the basic and then build on it and see how much TIME (as individuals) put into playing/chatting and really searching(for raw materials).

note: 2K of nexus is worth 20PEDS + 2K sweat @ 8PEDS(sold at low 4PED per K)
Total in hand 20PEDs + 8PEDs = 28PEDS (this combined makes 2K Mind Essence) and ME at TT is now 20PEDS http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Material&id=467
again this is only if you mined yourself for force nexus and sweated - So ME is worth really 28PEDs?
Now you want to sell it markup at the lowest 160% (I don't recall what the MU as of today)
TT 20PED ME * 160% = 32PEDs (12PED increase)

YES you can consider the Time it took to look for the Force Nexus and the hunting you may have done while getting to your claims. But remember again that Sweating is the hardest thing in the game and is more time consuming.. You can go out and mine 100 probes in less than 1hour (unless you find a global or HOF then you will be extracting for a bit)

SO just remember this is only Basic info.
but i love the insite you all have - and do share what you consider time - place your numbers down.. lets learn from each other and help those that have not thought about it.

i get about 200-300 could be cuz i'm lazy though hehe, anyway i've gathered about 19K sweat the past few weeks and i'd say 0.6 is an extremly fair price

i've sold all my sweat for 0.5 cuz i don't have time. I've bought 8K sweat total for 0.5 from people aswell but if i didn't need the money so much i would have bought for 0.7 allthough considering people were buying for 0.46 at that time i just thought 0.5 for them and no loss no gain for me were lot better then 0.46

for the record when i said i'd buy all sweat for 0.5 i also said that they shouldn't sell for 0.5 and that 0.6 is doable and a much better price... so not trying to resell or lower sweat price in anyway.
if it where up to me i'd have every1 sell for 1.0 even if that ment paying more for ME

and if time alows it i will give away 1K sweat for free every week from now on support the newbies! whoh:yay:

Heres some perspective for you. Although I agree with you in theory, and do feel that sweat should be worth more than its selling for now, I have to say its just not going to happen. Its not the buyers that are the problem its the sellers. I can stand in Twin Peaks from now till the end of the world advertising "Buying Mod Merc for TT +10 ped" and I can almost guarantee I will neither get Mod Merc for that price, nor drive the market on that item up or down.

Yes i know its a ridiculous comparision but thats the point. To be competitive in the ME market you can not afford to pay more than what the other sellers are paying for sweat. If i pay .6 and everyone else is paying .4 then they have a 20% lower possible price to break even. At that rate I would be undercut on both the streets and the auction and my personal ME stash would not sell.

Buyers of ME are not going to go to the higher priced seller and just assume that its because they paid more for sweat. When someone sees high priced ME they usually guess (correctly at that ) that its just someone trying to make more profit.

This is pretty much why i stopped being active in the ME market all together. I tried for months to push the price of sweat up. I did raise it for a few months by about .5 ped per K but in the end as long as sweat SELLERS are willing to sell for cheaper to someone else eventually the market will catch on to that fact.

Of course, the only way i did actually push the market up is that i had a large group of ME buyers who knew i was trying to help the sweaters and only bought ME from myself. This group mostly consisted of swamp camp healers and a couple like minded hunters, but the guaranteed sale at a fair price allowed me to purchase more sweat, keeping it possible for sweaters to sell their stash quickly so that they wouldnt just sell to the next guy that came along for cheap.

As Alice says, time to sell is important.

Case A
- 400 Sweat/H
- Sweat 3H, get 1200 Sweats
One hour to sell @ 0.5 PEC/Sweat
=> You got 6.0 PED in 4 H (1.5 PED/H)

Case B
- 400 Sweat/H
- Sweat 4H, get 1600 Sweats
One minute to sell @ 0.4 PEC/Sweat
=> You got 6.4 PED in 4 H (1.6 PED/H)

Sell with lower price, sell faster, sweat more, gain more. :)

This is one of the most interesting threads I have read on the forums lately. Great discussions and exchange of ideas. Peeps in the this thread actually act like adults. Very refreshing.
Peace.

Gee I'm really sorry that you have to work so hard clicking a button to shoot your magic imaginary gun at a mob and collect sweat.

All I did to get the peds I use to buy the free sweat which is in infinite supply was pay for college for 4 years, work hard, get a job, and deposit some of my hard earned money.

I'm such a slacker.

Gee I'm really sorry that you have to work so hard clicking a button to shoot your magic imaginary gun at a mob and collect sweat.

All I did to get the peds I use to buy the free sweat which is in infinite supply was pay for college for 4 years, work hard, get a job, and deposit some of my hard earned money.

I'm such a slacker.

lazy m********r...

*kidding*
i'm a sweater myself and I try to get the best price but I've also traded some time ago and I know how hard it is to profit. Many people forget that the price for sweat is calculated by taking out of the selling price for me( let's say 180% = 18 ped for 1 k) the price for nexus (at 120% that's 12 ped) and the auction cost (can't remember for 1 k so let's say 50 pec per k) and the decay price for the refiner which let's say it's also 50 pec per k. that leaves sweat at .5 :) someone once said in another thread something i agree with it: drive the sweat price too high and people will simply sweat themselves
sweat is only valuable as long as people need it. when people deem it too expensive and decide to sweat themselves the price will go down back to the acceptable level. for a trader .5 is break even at the moment so no point in it except if he can sell me >180% which is harder to do.

OK let me break this down for you:
Not everyday can someone really collect 500sweat in an hour. Unless, you are very lucky. On the average I have myself collected between 350 – 400 and that is with dying and fails. (Note it don’t matter if you are lvl 0 or Lvl 100 – everyone collects the same amount of sweat 1-4ea time – and within the same hour)
So lets say if you collect 300 to 400 in an hour on a good day - and maybe at the end of 2.5hour you have gotten yourself 1K of sweat.

So which one would you choose? A or B
My answer would be B. Unless you find someone that offers a better deal - more than 5.5Peds per K.

Nice breakdown in here. Now lets take resellers side:
You stand in PA or Neas, shouting "buiyng sweat for 3ped for 1k", lets say u stand in there for 15 hours per day. Lets say u bought roughly 50k sweat at that day, i guess u can resell it for 5%-10% profit.

(A) you resell it at 7,5%(average)
that`s 50x3x0,075=11,25(profit)
11,25/15=0,75ped per hour are your earnings

(B) you resell at 10%
that`s 50x3x0,1=15(profit)
15/15=1ped per hour are your earnings

At the top of that low earning rate, u have literally nothing to do while u are standing and shouting in there, except staring at the monitor and waiting for someone to come and sell u sweat. Nothing entertaining like dodging daikiba, no skill gains and all the insults coming from sweaters, about u being cheap bastard. So let`s sum it up, at the end of the day u have earned yourself tiny profit at 0,75-1 ped per hour(that if u manage to sell everything), u feeling shit about people trashtalking you all day long and what is most important u get no skills while doing this.

Offtopic: everytime someone starts thread about sweat price, homeless person that carries H1N1, sneezes on healthy person.
Ah and some part of this post may have sarcastic content.

To make it easy. If I was ever buying sweat. I pay ( 1-sweat 1-pec)

1k sweat 1000pec....

(A) you resell it at 7,5%(average)
that`s 50x3x0,075=11,25(profit)
11,25/15=0,75ped per hour are your earnings

(B) you resell at 10%
that`s 50x3x0,1=15(profit)
15/15=1ped per hour are your earnings

C) he makes me and sells it at 180%. that's 2 ped profit per k. that makes 6.66 ped profit per hour by your methods(15 hours and 50 k sweat)
and that's considering nexus at 120%

I must say - this has been insightful.

I never would of really thought that ppl can truly have a conversation with out arguing but give opinions and insite to a very simple question.

I have learned more in this subject and learned so much from others view points that I really believe that even a New-comer to the game can get a very positive view and understanding.

I would like to thank all that have so far given their insite/point of view to this conversation.

So, I'm noob to Entropia Universe, but I have spent a lot of time on the forums.
I do know how much to sell for, but my real question is...WHERE?!?

I spent a day running from PA to Twin Peaks, and ended up spending 3 days trying to sell my sweat for 6PED, then 5PED. Others were selling for ~7

I did end up selling it, and bought myself some cheap Goblin Armor parts, and an Opalo, but since I don't have enough ammo to make it worthwhile, where can I go to sell sweat?

Thanks in advance :D

So, I'm noob to Entropia Universe, but I have spent a lot of time on the forums.
I do know how much to sell for, but my real question is...WHERE?!?

I spent a day running from PA to Twin Peaks, and ended up spending 3 days trying to sell my sweat for 6PED, then 5PED. Others were selling for ~7

I did end up selling it, and bought myself some cheap Goblin Armor parts, and an Opalo, but since I don't have enough ammo to make it worthwhile, where can I go to sell sweat?

Thanks in advance :D

i'd suggest trying to sell small ammounts in the place you sweat...swamp, nea's... when you have higher ammounts of sweat (>5k) then go to pa, twin...it's not worth wasting time to sell one k

Don-t worry

Twin Peaks is a good place for Sweat selling....

Time = money

Well, maybe, but that has nothing to do with anything. This is first of all a game. You are not supposed to make money of a game. End of story. If you have the patience for it, I really don't care, but I don't want to hear the: "poor me, it takes time to get something for free!" comment over and over again.

When it's comes to the value of sweat, I and many other people have explained that over and over again too and I really don't want to do it again, but basically sweat is only useful for one thing. Making Mind Essence. So what is Mind Essence used for? Well, at this time only for teleporting, where you really can't talk about eco, so the price is determined by what people want to pay, simple as that, so if people only what to pay .3 pec per bottle, that's just how it is. Only way it's going to change is to decrease the sweat supply. If the supply is too low, prices will surely raise, but this will also mean that demand will fall and that you'll have a harder time acquiring the sweat, in which case you're probably even worse of.

When the rest of the mindforce profession is implemented, we can start to talk about eco and again I've done the calculations many times and the result is always the same. .5-.6 pec/bottle depending on the price on nexus.

So stop whining. If you don't like it, deposit a few bucks, buy an opalo and some ammo and go hunt or something. It's really not that expensive. And if you're not able to deposit for some weird reason, you probably have parents, friends, a nice uncle or someone else who are able to help and don't tell me that you can't afford it because you don't need to spend a lot of time on your paper route to be able to afford it.

If you still don't think it's any good, you should probably go play something else.

Best regards.

Edit:
I may have misinterpreted the initial post and if that is the case, I do apologize.

Last edited:
As Alice says, time to sell is important.

Case A
- 400 Sweat/H
- Sweat 3H, get 1200 Sweats
One hour to sell @ 0.5 PEC/Sweat
=> You got 6.0 PED in 4 H (1.5 PED/H)

Case B
- 400 Sweat/H
- Sweat 4H, get 1600 Sweats
One minute to sell @ 0.4 PEC/Sweat
=> You got 6.4 PED in 4 H (1.6 PED/H)

Sell with lower price, sell faster, sweat more, gain more. :)

...sweat price falls. [Repeat]

i wanted to say, although i sweated when i started to get money, the money gotten by it became more and more a "by the way" thing
i also enjoyed it, we had some nice sweat groups going (which you nowadays call swunts, they already existed in the past :p)

also it was fun to test different tactics and set personal records and compare, etc
it was great fun and a nice group activity

another gain was the skills you get

the main problems for several (especially newcomer) sweaters are, unfortunately,
that each one of them wants to play for free, which of course, increases the supply which again lowers the price for everyone

and also, most are impatient, they want instant action
(you know, get a gun, go hunt and start earning mucho pedzzz)
so especially the newer ones tend to be in a hurry to sell

the demand goes even down, yesterday just 1300 ped of ME sold, not 2k even

so, gonna get tough for the money earning aspect, you should rather concentrate in things you have fun with
if you like sweating however, just do it
noone has to tell you you arent allowed to have fun with sweating and should go and hunt :silly2:

but still, best way to increase sweat price was, if i remember right to
"deposit lots of peds, buy all the sweat and ME on the market for twice the current price and burn the ME all with MF"

would still be just a short term solution i guess, cause the sweat supply exceeds the needs atm by far

Back