Tax Vote on Calypso Yes/NO

Taxes on Calypso yes or no

• Total voters

Lerp

Provider
Deed holders.
If you vote yes on taxes then you will get more back from the deeds but it will also allow reason for players to leave Calypso for other worlds.

There are many places on Calypso that do not have taxes but try and find that in other parts of the universe.
Will you tax all of Calypso?

I think this will happen and the blood will be on the hands of the deed holders not on MA.
Its only fair to all of the other planet partners and all of the LA owners.
Its how it works.

Last edited:
hope not.
and i am a deed owner.

If by Tax you mean Eudoria getting a tax rate similar to most land areas then that's when I put the batteries back in my VSE Mk1.

Hope that never gets asked / voted on though. :)

Ditto to hoping that never gets asked/voted on, or implemented.

If other planets are all taxed areas, no wonder they dont draw more people heh. Thats just being greedy.

Deed holders.
If you vote yes on taxes then you will get more back from the deeds but it will also allow reason for players to leave Calypso for other worlds.

There are many places on Calypso that do not have taxes but try and find that in other parts of the universe.
Will you tax all of Calypso?

A more important question might be, do you really think MindArk will even consider giving deed holders the option of voting on Calypso land taxes? :confused:

If other planets are all taxed areas, no wonder they dont draw more people heh. Thats just being greedy.

They aren't. Have you ever been to another planet? :scratch2:

Never going to happen.

If by Tax you mean Eudoria getting a tax rate similar to most land areas then that's when I put the batteries back in my VSE Mk1.

Hope that never gets asked / voted on though. :)

I am not a deed owner (and probably i will not ever be) but i vote YES for this reason.
Gogogo Mega to 5k Sg skill ;).

And for real: i think the whole idea is like to make a Calypso to be a big LA with not one owner but many shareholders. To me it seems that even on taxed LAs i get 90% TT return so i see this as (LA tax + MA tax = 10%) no matter what ;). Seems right about shareholders too.

Falagor
:bandit:

You really want Calypso to die, don't you?

They aren't. Have you ever been to another planet?

Nope, which is why i asked. Thats what people have made it sound like in other threads.

I refused to pay the teleport fee, and i refuse to participate in forced lootable pvp space. Until they fix space i have no desire to participate on other planets. Tis a shame, but its on principle.

We have never stated that we plan to add more taxable land to Calypso, especially not on Eudoria.

We have never stated that we plan to add more taxable land to Calypso, especially not on Eudoria.

Is this a confirmation that New Content such as Medusa Head will never be added to Calypso in the future?

Any chance you could get some folks to answer some of the questions about the deeds on the Ask Mindark section of entropiaforum?

Last edited:
I personally will be owning alot of shares. Hundreds. I will not be taxing any of my land should the option be available, not that I think it will be. I will also not be claiming gigantic swath's of land in an attempt to stamp my name all over it.

Why put a tax on something you are already getting revenue from? The entire concept seems greedy to the point of ludicrousness. This is our game, not my game. My success in this venture will depend completely on how well you are treated.

Signed - A deed holder who does not want to screw the populace by owning land.

Is this a confirmation that New Content such as Medusa Head will never be added to Calypso in the future?

Well mastermesh, has MA ever stated that they DON'T plan to add more taxable land to Calypso? :scratch2:

If not, then the above statement certainly isn't confirmation of anything other than MA hasn't yet stated they plan to add more taxable land to Calypso. ;)

I personally will be owning alot of shares. Hundreds. I will not be taxing any of my land should the option be available, not that I think it will be. I will also not be claiming gigantic swath's of land in an attempt to stamp my name all over it.

Why put a tax on something you are already getting revenue from? The entire concept seems greedy to the point of ludicrousness. This is our game, not my game. My success in this venture will depend completely on how well you are treated.

+rep

This is the new trend. This emphasizes that players do there part in keeping the game going to, Instead of take, take taking.

With the launch of caly citizen shares I quickly started thinking how I could give back a little more to the community in ways that would effect the platform positively.

Its little baby steps that move a community in the right direction.

I feel the same way, I bought nine.

Everyone is missing the point of the thread.
A tax on Eudoria is not against the people.
It would spur growth. More space flights would happen.
More invetsors would purchase land areas.
More people would try and build worlds.

I dont often explore outside of Eudoria. Why you ask? The taxes.
Just about everyplace I go I run into taxes. 2.4 3.5 and even 5%

What is the result. I dont pay for flights. I dont purchase spacecraft.
I dont leave Eudoria. No one likes taxes. Its true. This is a game of MU and taxes take from that.
DO I WANT TO TAX MYSELF no. I WANT THE UNIVERSE TO BE FAIR.
I dont want to have to pick a location because of taxes.
NO LAND SHOULD BE WITHOUT A TAX. Its not fair to big $ investors.
It chains the little pec players to Eudoria.

I never thought I would say this but "Break my chains and tax Eudoria!"
Oh yea and kill the Auction House or up the cost to use. Its not fair to the shop or steet vendors.

Last edited:
A tax on Eudoria is not against the people.
It would spur growth. More space flights would happen.
More invetsors would purchase land areas.
More people would try and build worlds.

I dont leave Eudoria. No one likes taxes. Its true. This is a game of MU and taxes take from that.
DO I WANT TO TAX MYSELF no. I WANT THE UNIVERSE TO BE FAIR.
NO LAND SHOULD BE WITHOUT A TAX. Its not fair to big $ investors.
It chains the little pec players to Eudoria.

I never thought I would say this but "Break my chains and tax Eudoria!"
Oh yea and kill the Auction House or up the cost to use. Its not fair to the shop or steet vendors.

People do not want an additional layer of people grabbing their money, I'm sure if there was a planet-wide tax, a majority of people would just stop playing. I stay away from a lot of areas because of this reason.

Added my points in red for ease
A tax on Eudoria is not against the people.yes it is
It would spur growth. More space flights would happen.growth for who?
More invetsors would purchase land areas. really?
More people would try and build worlds.what for, say i can be taxed to shit

I dont leave Eudoria. No one likes taxes. Its true. This is a game of MU and taxes take from that.then why ask for taxes?
DO I WANT TO TAX MYSELF no. I WANT THE UNIVERSE TO BE FAIR.its not and never will be
NO LAND SHOULD BE WITHOUT A TAX. Its not fair to big $ investors.any land invested in has tax option
It chains the little pec players to Eudoria.we all have our level

I never thought I would say this but "Break my chains and tax Eudoria!"more tax decreases freedom
Oh yea and kill the Auction House or up the cost to use. Its not fair to the shop or steet vendors.auction is king, go in, search, buy, out and off to do your thing. who has time to ask a dozen vendors, you got this item?, how much? ok let me just ask the next guy. fuck that.

Stupid ideas, stupid thread, your probably doing this for attention or to win this years stupidest thread title. Well you got my vote.

Last edited:
Added my points in red for ease

Stupid ideas, stupid thread, your probably doing this for attention or to win this years stupidest thread title. Well you got my vote.

I second your opinion :wise:

-Bemo-

+rep

This is the new trend...

you sure? I want to hear the same from officials and not from an official PR guy, THEN it's possible and I might believe it, after a while, when my slightly shaking trust recovers =)

+rep for being positive though. oh, sorry can't cast it on you atm :beerchug:

J.

This is why I think there should be no taxfree lands and a change to the Auction house.
I believe this for the good of the game and not for my own gain.

You want people to stay around and play daily and spend money monthy.

For half the people they are looking for the jackpot. That lucky strike that shows them peds.
The other half of the people want to feel smart by running some sort of company.

The game has a difficult time with this because any loop hole that is in the game will be over run by botts or paid players who ruin it for those of us just playing.

Tax. There cannot be tax free lands because it kills the idea of owning a land. The way land makes money for the players is by tax. If the goverment runs a tax free area then you push away the richest players who may have other wise stayed around for years. Once they see that they cannot see a return on the land then they leave and in some cases do not return. These players you want here. They spend money each time. They will not just stop at what the land brings in. Even if they only play on the returns it still provides jobs for others by what they spend.

Auction house. This kills the idea of a player to own a shop. If more shops could sell items then you would see a whole huge side of the game. More websites to point out were items are. more travel. More shop sales and more furniture making. Auction houses are like smart phones with built in ebay any instant delivery. Shop owners just cannot compeete. They leave and seldom return. The items they would buy is now not being bought.

I understand the game makes money from the Auction House and from the new players who come with a dream and spend money then leave.

If you make their dreams come true to an extent then you will have a real society.
Sometimes you have to give to get.

There was this young bull. He was with an old bull and they were looking down on all the cows.
The young bull says lets run down and kiss one of them cows.
The old bull says no lets walk down and kiss them all.

Let go of greed and you will find wealth.

Last edited:
A question to Lerp: how many deeds you have purchased? :laugh:. I am pretty sure that just a very very small amount of deeds you are holding atm.

A question to Lerp: how many deeds you have purchased? :laugh:. I am pretty sure that just a very very small amount of deeds you are holding atm.

1 and it is not mine. I owe it to a player who has not played in sometime. I owe this 1000 ped deed.
She does not return because the shop you sold here never made any sales.
The land could not be used the creatures to fill to costly and to little visitors.
Her story is a sad one and it did not have to be the way it was.

Personally I think all mobs should be available in non-taxed area..

Land owner should attract players by events or other creative endeavors that would entertain players ... so that they would be willing to hunt on taxed land for more fun!

Personally I think all mobs should be available in non-taxed area..

Land owner should attract players by events or other creative endeavors that would entertain players ... so that they would be willing to hunt on taxed land for more fun!

Yes players need the option to make choises.

These options should not come at the cost of the players who are investing in land or in shops.
These investors are important to a growing society. Dont force them to entertain. If they want to entertain ok thats one thing they will make money faster but to force them. They are the investor not the entertainment. You should bring them a drink

We should not be bowing down to the players who spend 1 or 4% what these investors spend.
These low lvl depositers will most likely play anyhow. The investors will not.

Keep the investors happy by allowing them perks. Not by setting up a no tax areas, or by putting an Auction House outside of every shop. It just does not make any logic.

build jobs for the low lvl depositer. Dont build a welfare state. Where you take from the investors.

Jobs. What jobs you ask? First take out the obstacles the investors have and you will find the jobs make themselfs.
Yes the goverment MA has stated that they will build jobs. Factorys and such but you cant create jobs by goverment run programs. You need the investors to be happy and comfortable. You cannot do that if you have programs that undermine the investors.

KILL THE TAX FREE ZONES or at least have the tax free zones contain only a few mobs AND KILL THE AUCTION HOUSE. or at least make the auction house to only buy what players put orders for. This way the players can sell the goods they have at a mark up or they can sell them in TP or allow the shop keepers to purchase items. Auctions Houses should not sell goods it kills the shops and the investors who come with the shops.

Last edited:
The way land makes money for the players is by tax.
Where on Eudoria can you find good spawns of Furor? Frescoquda? Second Entity? Hogglo? Proteron? Do I need to keep listing or do you get my point? That is and always been how Land Areas make money. And last I checked, it wasn't working out too bad. Have you ever seen Deathifier complain about the lack of tax on Eudoria? Yeah, I didn't think so. Hell, CP has always made a killing, with or without the ability to teleport there. Each mob is unique in a way and considering the prevalence of grinding in Entropia, variety is extremely important. Important enough that people will pay 3.99% tax to hunt something other than Atrox, Atrax and Eviscerator.

You know a lot of people never, ever enter taxed LAs, right? Do you really think they would stay around if there were tax everywhere?

Not to mention the fact that mob spawns are almost always denser in Land Areas than they are in natural spawns, and hunters strongly prefer those denser spawns.

Auction house. This kills the idea of a player to own a shop.
That's like saying Newegg, Amazon, eBay etc. should be shut down because they're killing retail stores. Yeah, it sucks, but the industry changes. Don't like it? Tough. You'd better adapt, because that's how markets work. I think you underestimate how many people - big depositors included - would up and quit the SECOND they found out that the auction has suddenly been removed.

I am sorry to hear that your e-girlfriend left you because she couldn't make any sales. That is truly sad.

Other than that, great troll thread! :wtg:

I am sorry to hear that your e-girlfriend left you because she couldn't make any sales. That is truly sad.

Other than that, great troll thread! :wtg:

I did try and not post here again but its just a sore spot for me.
At least I only troll my my own thread.

I have to admit. I guess an untaxed land is not such a danger to land owners.
So long as what the players in this thread have stated is true.
More spawns in LA. More munbers of rare mobs. Extra excitement with fellow players.

This does not seem to hold true for the Auction House.
99% of all items can be bought in the AH.
No person to person interaction is involved.

I just passed some houses while hunt exploring.
I thought to my self. These houses are empty because there are no jobs to fill them.
There are no jobs because the shops are obsolete.
If you had active shops. People would have to log on to check to stock thoes shops.
They would buy furniture to put the items on in the shops.
It would start a chain reaction that would lead all the way to houses being filled.
More player to player interaction would be involved.
People would log on for this.

I understand A huge sorce of income for MA is the auction house.
Also its a place for hunters and miners to off load the goods they have.

Ok compromise with me. Only allow materials to be sold at GLOBAL auctions.
Each MALL would have one LOCAL Auction House. These MALLAUCTIONHOUSE could SELL ANY ITEM but only allow items placed at Auction in that location to be sold at that location.
To keep everyone from Teliporting to Twinpeeks to use one auction house.
The cost of placing an auction goes up and down as the number of items in the Auction goes up and down. Its the same concept as the cost of shops being diffrent from one location to another and it will keep the players from massing at one location. If they do... The cost to list and buy goes up.

Blue prints and things used in blue prints as long as its not Items such as weapons and armr and furniture or clothes.
All crafted items should be sold person to person or in shops or at homes with shopkeeps or at mall auction houses.
The circle of play would build and you would see a gain in income.

There is a market beond the one arm bandits.
Ill let this go for now. Its off topic. Ill not give up thoe. In 6 months time Ill bring it up again..
I belive it is the reason every shop and house is not full and active.

Last edited:
Back