Team Canada v. 2009

lanksia, maybe you could update the first post with the names of the team members so we can get an idea of how many we have? :yay::wtg::sniper::rocket:

oki cool, I'll be in then whenever I can.

could you please post your name in the thread so everything is according to the rules, i would hate to lose someone on something like that :laugh:

lanksia, maybe you could update the first post with the names of the team members so we can get an idea of how many we have? :yay::wtg::sniper::rocket:

Done...12...so we'll at least have a full main team, already an improvement compared to 2007, now we need more ppl then 2008 :D

Time isn't an issue, but Peds are.
I'm in, Cant let Buzz represent this soc by himself.

Name: Usurper Adamas Sheridan

Go Canada!

Ex-x-c-c-elent!!! C'mon all you Canucks out there!!! We took on the World in Hockey...and WON! We can do it here!!!!

:wtg::yay::wtg:

Oh, btw, anyone good at making sigs...we need to update our sigs for '09 :)

count me in

Kesky Kesky Matjes

Ironically I work every other weekend that this is NOT on according to the main thread... ie. bring it on!

I thought about joining last year, but decided I was still too noob - now that I have skilled for another year maybe its time to step up.

So consider me throwing my hat in the ring so to speak - wherever you may need me.

Xander Zan Catman.
London Ontario, CANADA
:wtg:

WOOT!!! Let's kick some ass!

I'm getting excited, I think we can beat our All Time Record of 1 win in our team history. :)

How is the main team selected? Should we at some point post our stats/gear?

I feel like being nice so I wont just say go read the 1st post :p (BUT you should all read it xD)

On February 24th, Captains will be elected by each team from the names already signed. The Captains will pick a team of 12 hunters from those loyal to their Nation to be that Nation's Main Team.

All others who wish to aid the Main Teams will form Support Teams. The purpose of Support is to aid the Main team through assistance in the field and by hunting the mobs on their own part of the Moblist. Previous support moblists have been seen by some as too easy or boring, so this year sees new challenges that should make teamwork and organisation essential for success.

The first matches will start on:
March 10th/11th, with further matches and stages every second weekend until the Final.

oki so the captain picks... but how does the captain decide?

should I be picked because I'm more famous then the next guy?
or adamas because he's more patriotic then me?
or someone else because they have good gear?

Last edited:

or adamas because he's more patriotic then me?
or should I be picked because I have 200+hp?
or someone else because they have good gear?

Who the hell are you noob? ;)

---STAGE 1---
Main team : atrax, esto, foul, phasm
Support : cauda, snarg
bonus mod : morsu

---STAGE 2---
Main team : atrox, armax, formidon, caperon
Support : attacker, goki
bonus mob : mourner

---STAGE 3---
Main team : equus, scips, kingfisher, malcruentor
Support : brists, tsktsk
bonus mob : repesilex

---STAGE 4---
Main team : drone, warrior, miner, seg
Support : trooper, globster
bonus mob : hiryuu

Well after being able to take out alot of this list, and myself hitting a few globals today on some of these mobs, I will add my name to the list.

name: Pedro Rufwon Martinez
Team Canada 2009

Buzz, no one knows who are you are noob. :)

And thanks for restating my question Buzz.

I know the captain picks. My question was how is the team chosen?
Random? Best Skilled? Skill testing question? who lives above the 49th paralle?

:p

How to pick the Captain.

Last year everyone who submitted there name for the team also added who they would like for the captain.

Than Lanksia, (who was voted team captain) picked a main team based on skills (I think, I just remember having to submit my skills to the cap so a team could be chosen.) So choosing a captain is probably our first order of business. It has to be someone who is willing to put in some desent time and effort. I suggest anyone who is interested submit there name then we can all vote.

Now if we want to do better than last year we def. need to make sure the main team is up to par and can take out the mobs listed so I do think the ability to use and access to some good weaps is necesary.

So if everyone agrees with this we can get started forming team Canada!

Ciao
Lexxy

Even if my skills are not high enough for fighting I can sure use a fap!

Cat motowoman99 Jorgensen

:cheer:

Ok, Lanksia for captain, then?

I think Lanksia was Captain last year. If he wants the job again i'll vote for him.

Last year to pick the team I considered: HP, highest prof standing in combat related, armors available and dmg/sec available for each person. Then for each round I was first asking everyone on the main team their availability and based on the ppl available I picked the ppl per round (keeping in mind that I wanted to ideally have everyone on the main team at least fight once during the WoF, which I think I havent been able to).

I dont mind trying for captain again this year but, just as a reminder, we got pwned last year with me in charge :p

EDIT: other captains probably have their own criterias (?) to select the team but for sure, the main team has to be the best ppl available. u've seen the mob list, we need ppl that can carry their weight during the 3 hours hunts we'll have. the last thing the main team needs is a dead weight to carry.

Last edited:
Gray SnowLeopard Felix
Team Canada
Lanksia for Captain
2nd WoF participation

(You can blame Merry Mayhem for my lack of enthusiasm in EU these days... but March is still a ways off...)

I currently wear Phantom armor, with full set of plates as hunt requires (5B/6A/6B) and use MaddoxIV+Beast and ML-35+Dante as main weapons. I do use limited handguns (up to BL1450, but not XT yet) as PED permit.

Last year's Team Canada thread.

WOF Canada

Basil Fletch Dragon
count me in
154 hp
52 BLP
ghost 5b
vigi 6a
M4+beast and as-117 +beast

Last edited:
:yay: Snow is back.

+ "so many" (considering the canadian player base) new faces this year, sweet :D

noob, who hopes he can make the main team... :yay:

here's my stuff:
200+hp, 74 blp, X5 UL, Dante, Poe Armour, Adj Fap, (or UR125 maxed)... and ancient outbacko :D

we need more noobs like you :D

i think u got a fairly good chance of making the team :p

160+ Health
level 53 laser postoleer
Plethora of armours up to Tiger
Full set of plates 6a, 5bs
Use whatever L weap is needed. Nothing of the UL special enough to list.
and 2600 is my main fap.

Ciao all
Lexxy

Firstly good to see Snow back! :D And Lexxy! :yay:

Just a note for everyone that would like to participate, but thinks they are not skilled enough.

Support is basically a normal team hunt. No uber skills required.

Main team is 12 people, but support is very important and numbers mean a lot :). Last year Team Canada support scored lots of points for the number of people we had, but we needed more bodies. First week was pretty good, but attendance fell as the rounds progressed. Don't have a big ped card? No problem.

Last year during the round when main team was hunting Malcruentor for instance, it would have been nice to have had some extra bodies simply to scout for these beasts cause they hide pretty well. ;) Some of the guys did scout, but that took bodies + guns from the support mobs.

Don’t forget that while the main team generally hunts solo in team, support often hunt in 2’s and 3’s depending on what mobs we get. Same as a normal team hunt. You don’t need to be uber for support, just willing and able!

We’ll find something for each and every person who shows up to do, regardless of weapons and ped card.

I’ll toss my name out there as a possible support coordinator if it will help any. Organize it a bit if possible, make sure teams are set up and conform to the rules etc. etc….

**BTW Lanksia, you can add me to support right off man. I chipped all my skills at 1 point this past year, and certainly do not have skills for main.:D

So Fellow Canucks sign up today!

Team Canada Needs You! :yay:

Back