FYI: Team Eudoria - WoFalicious

Clam Jamphrie

Old Alpha
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Clam Jboy Jamphrie
team_eudoria_2009.jpg

Well here we go again...

I believe that most of the Eudorian team - 2007 semi finalists and holders of various WoF records - have either left the game, sold their skills or have gone to seek glory in other teams.

As ever though Team Eudoria shall throw it's rather tatty, in need of repair and devoid of skills hat into the ring and sing, while dancing the ballet of the bullet that is the WoF.

Not being able to give up the 'Red, Gold and Green of Eudoria but with the old team MIA or traitorous, I call upon those who are either new to the WoF or just fed up in the support rolls and fancy a bit of first team action. You'll probably get in... I am practically useless and it's just me at the moment.

So if you fancy signing up to Team Eudoria, do it here... you'll probably be Captain :)

So... Here we go again...

Opening Chorus

Eudoria Eudoria,
Land of all good things.
Eudoria Eudoria,
The good things that it brings.

Verse 1

There’s Feffs and Cleds
And Merps and Snots.
We’ve got Armax Cows,
And Araneatrox.

There’s Atrax and Atrox
And some of them big
But beware of the Ubers
If you visiiiit the Riiiiiiiiiiiigggg… oh….

Chorus

Eudoria Eudoria,
Land of all good things,
Eudoria Eudoria,
The good things that it brings.

Verse 1

Dysentery and flippentry
You can find at Twin Peaks.
But the place is so laggy,
You could be there for weeeeeeks

You can go to a ring
To see how long you lasted
But you’re bound to get shot
By some fucking baaaastaaaard

Chorus (‘til infinity)

Eudoria Eudoria,
Land of all good things,
Eudoria Eudoria,
The good things that it brings….
[/COLOR]

:)

Last edited:
Fairy reporting in for the yearly duty to defend our mighty Eudoria once again.
May the Hoffs be with us
as well as many happy, thrilling moments of goodwill and spirits in this though competition against all other countries.

Eudoria, Eudoria, land of all good things...

// Fairy Cat McCoy

you dont stand alone ;)

Last edited:
Good to see you back in action JBoy :) I had decided that I wouldn't bother joining a team this year, as like you I'm pretty useless at the moment in the big teams that have anything to do with the country I was born in or the one I live in or for that matter the one I felt a loyalty to and joined first last year :laugh:

However, your awe inspiring post and the Eudoria song raised my hopes of maybe having a team that I could actually participate in and do some good this year, so sign me up sir :yay:

Claire Lee DeLioncourt

Last edited:
take me in too jam jambalaja ibiary

Three's company... four's a WoF Team :)

Sweet! We have a team :yay:

Welcome Fairy, Lee and Jam....hmm 'FairyLee Jam'... sounds like something you would put on toast or something...

Nice one for keeping the faith in Team Eudoria Fairy and Lee and Jam, this is probably the best decision you'll make this year...well maybe...

Ok... who wants to be Captain? Or do you think we should wait for the tidal wave of applicants to subside ;)

I'll make some new Team Eudoria sigs too if anyone's interested.

We should probably meet up in game too... in fact I could do with some screenies of the team for some WoF stuff.

Eudoris, Eudoria etc...

Ok... who wants to be Captain? Or do you think we should wait for the tidal wave of applicants to subside ;)

Hopefully this tidal wave of applications will actually have a bit more of a swell at some point. Still a bit of time for the four of us to try spreading the word a little, there still may be a few not signed up to USA or England yet :laugh:

But at least for the moment I'll throw my vote your way as the one who cared enough to start it back up :)

I'll make some new Team Eudoria sigs too if anyone's interested.

We should probably meet up in game too... in fact I could do with some screenies of the team for some WoF stuff.

Eudoris, Eudoria etc...

Ofc we must have sigs made by JBoy ;) Happy to meet up or help out in whatever small way I can, just let me know.

Aww, didn't think there'd be a WoF Eudoria this year at all, but nice to see i was wrong though! :)

My skills are down too noob level nowadays, so i'd feel pretty useless joining for a 3rd run. But with JBoy starting up the team again, so 3rd time lucky maybe? :D

I might be able to support atleast now and then, since my heart is still with team Eudoria. But i didn't join tho! Atleast not yet lol

Eudoria ftw! :)

i still use the last year wof siggie, would love a new one :D
votes for Clam Jamphrie as Captain :D
and viking.... sign up!!! :D

Jam and Lee welcome :D

Welcome to WoF 2009, Team Eudoria!

Teams from all over 2 globes are currently getting their act together for this year's World of Firepower event. Many of them have found it advantageous to get some team practice in before their first matches, but how much better would it be if you could work out team tactics and see how well your players function as a team with the possibility of Cash Prizes too.

To that end it is my honour and pleasure to draw your attention to:

WoF08Logo-ProSeries.jpg

This is the WoF Pro-Series, where teams and solo hunters can compete for cash prizes in month-long WoF-Style events which will help to raise money for the WoF Treasury (See other Sticky Thread “WoF Treasury” ). These events, in the spirit of the WoF, are free to enter and open to all.

We are currently almost at the end of "Run 9", but any team is welcome to join in at any point. Run 9 will finish at Midday on Tuesday 20th January, so you still have time to get an entry in for Run 9.

The last WoF Pro Series before the World of Firepower kicks off will start the very next day, Wednesday 21st Jan at Midday, and will run until the end of February, giving all team 5 weeks to accumulate thair winning total score.

So we're talking Team Hunting for Cash Prizes, Free to Enter, Open to All!

There are some Rules though.

Scoring: Teams must Global at least once on 5 different mobs from a set mob list, just like the WoF.
This gives 5 screenshots to submit per entry.
The winner each month will be the Team/Solo Hunter who gained the highest TT-Value of Loot from their 5 Globals combined.
There are also Cash Prizes for Second and Third.

Screenshots must accompany each Global, and be posted in the WoF Pro Series thread for that month.

All mobs must be hunted in the LA’s specified.

Screenshots must show:
Mob and Maturity,
Team List,
Timestamp

Simple enough, just hit C and P as soon as you global ;)

If details are missed, scroll up to be sure and take another. We’ll accept partial screenies if the other parts are there too.

You can collect the required Globals in any order; only screenshots from the corresponding month will be permitted, and all screenies have to be posted within 48 hours of the Global/HOF in order to be valid for the event.

Special Not-Complicated-At-All Team Rules:

Teams MUST be named “WPS(Team Name Here)” to be eligible. National Team names are not mandatory, but no profanity.

Teams can be any size, from 2-12. The same team must feature in all Globals.
BUT: Teams can Lose Members.

What this means: The ideal result in a WoF Pro-Series hunt would be a Team of say 4 or 5 hunters going out and getting all 5 globals in a mad two-hour hunt and sending in their screenshots for their entry. If however, the team only got 3 of the 5 globals, before 2 members ctd’ or had to go to work etc, the remaining team members can still carry on. Any Team members who feature in Earlier Submitted Globals before they left can re-join the team later to help complete the 5.
If you have entered 5 Globals but for example get a better Kingfisher on another day, you can change the entry to include it if the same team (by the rules above) was used.
What you CAN’T do is ADD NEW team members. If you want to make a new team with other avatars, it will form a NEW entry which should include all 5 globals by THAT team.

In short: As Time-Stamps are included in each Screenshot, the order of the globals is known.... the Team is anyone who was in the First Global People can not be there in later Globals, but no EXTRA people.

The Prizes are normally:

1500 PED: 1st Prize
600 PED: 2nd Prize
400 PED: 3rd Prize.

But in Run 8 we had a roll-over of the 3rd place prize, so in Run 9 the prizes are 1700, 700 and 500 peds respectively.

For each event, a donation will be added to the WoF Treasury by Bank NEVERDIE. The success of these events will see this increase.

Prizes will be awarded in-game.

There will be events held until the start of WoF 2009 and beyond, and results will feature on a LeaderBoard in this forum.

Thanks for reading, good luck to all!

Hurrikane, Chopper and the WoF Commitee

:thumbup:

Im am not very skilled, just a seasoned veteran of the big Robot Wars. Fighting the everyday battle against this archenemy of Eudoria.

I am however currently stateless, so i would love to join in under the banner and fight for Mother Eudoria. :yay:

Wow, six team members and counting :yay: Welcome Kahr, hope there will be some
bot_ani.gif
in here for you.

Throwing my rancher hat into the ring ...

Zarcon Zar Greyman

Will assist at my schedule and ped card allows.

Seven and counting :) My own contribution as well will depend on the ped card, but will certainly aim to give it a good effort. Are we gonna get organized sometime soon, vote our captain etc? (I'm big on organization, will drive you mad with it no doubt :laugh:)

PS Anyone not on a team, possibly ped busted and chipped out noobs too, whatever, grab what you got and join us, oh hell, we would probably even accept some of you ubers if you ask nicely.

Oh what the heck. I know i'd regret it if not signing up, even if it's bad for the ped card lol. Even re-invested in some gear and stuff. Working my skills up as much as possible before WoF starts too.

Balder Viking Vikingsson signing up.

Hello to all of you in Team Eudoria, and welcome to the WoF once again. I look forward to another year of tense competition and hard-fought matches.

I notice an issue has crept up concerning Captains and the use of private team forums. Could all those teams who have already voted/decided a Captain please let me know by PM (one per team:)) as soon as possible.

Could any team who have yet to decide a Captain please post votes in their Team Thread until the result is known and inform me of the choice as soon as possible. The date of February 24th was only the final date for deciding, I apologise for not making that clear.

If any team members find their Team's captain to have been undemocratically elected could they please contact me as soon as possible.

Sorry again for the lack of attention to the start of the WoF, but I'm back online and on the job now:)

Keep an eye of the Info and Rules thread for any further clarification of the finer details in updates to come, and to the Sticky threads in this sub-forum in general for any WoF-related items that may aid your progression through the tournament.

Good Luck,

Hurrikane

Official 'get busy' time is here it seems. Seven members signed up. Me thinks we all need to start some heavy duty recruitment if we really mean to do this thing? Captain picking first though, maybe we need to ask who is actually willing and available to take that role and go from there? I already voted for Clam as the thread starter, but of course don't know if he actually wants the job :laugh:

I vote for clam

I vote for Clam to be the capitano too! He took us far and beyond before, so he's da man for it! :cool: Maybe Lee as back-up with her organizing abilities? :D

(And i myself neither want nor can't) :silly2:

Join Team Eudoria folks! C'mon. C'moooon! You know you wanna! :cool:

I vote for Clam to be the capitano too! He took us far and beyond before, so he's da man for it! :cool: Maybe Lee as back-up with her organizing abilities? :D

(And i myself neither want nor can't) :silly2:

Join Team Eudoria folks! C'mon. C'moooon! You know you wanna! :cool:

yup, sounds great
what he said
and join in ppl
:silly2:

my vote for clam as captain

Dammit - I didn't think there was going to be a Eudoria and so was going to sign up to Wales and help my buddies there but with V having signed up here now I'm torn :(

*bashes head on table*

Will go away and have a think!

Does not seem to be much activity here :( With Clam not posting for quite some time I am not sure this team is going to get off the ground. I am debating if I should commit to another team that seems to be active.

How many of those that posted are still in?

Zar

Does not seem to be much activity here :( With Clam not posting for quite some time I am not sure this team is going to get off the ground. I am debating if I should commit to another team that seems to be active.

How many of those that posted are still in?

Zar

Yeah I was wondering too. It is supposed to be fun of course, but it is also a serious competition. With low numbers like this and no activity or planning at all it seems we wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell really of having a serious WoF team, so not much point. Sorry for that but it's true folks, I know from experience that a team with no leadership or a leader that isn't paid any attention to is really just playing around and not competing. The sad bit of that is that even the smallest team could kick butt and surprise the hell out of everyone with leadership and a tight knit unit who actually wanted to win.

If this team isn't going to get off the ground as you put it, that's fine, just in that case maybe it's best I help out the WoF in some other way, wallet being tight as it is anyway. All the best of luck to you all whatever happens :)

It's a special situation since i think Clam pretty much chipped and sold out (like me). I reckon he's just busy irl like he was the previous 2 wofs lol. But we did good anyway with what we had. Don't think anyone expected us to win it all, but to have a good time and see how far we could go.

1st year with not always the best organization (lol) was the most fun for me atleast. Last year turned out to be too much tactics (the later part of wof atleast) and therefor less fun imho. Was needed if we wanted to keep up with other teams, but wasn't really fun though. (support shooting and stuff) :silly2:

If we gonna be competitive this year, yes, we'd need a huge team and a even bigger support team. But since that's gonna fail, we'll have to concentrate on beating Amethera atleast lol. I'm still in WoF Eudoria tho, even if i'll be all alone. and if Clam feels he's a bit busy and whatnot, how about you (Lee) as stand in for him? I'm sure all be ok with that, becasue some order is needed even in a small team like Eudoria. :cool:

oops

Oh dear. I feel like I've gone on holiday and left the cat in the garage and on my return it is dehydrated, flat and dead. Poor little moggy.

Sorry guys, I started Team Eudoria knowing I had no ped but wanted Eudoria to hold its status of being involved in the WoF since its conception. I guess I didn’t realize people were relying on me so much to keep things rolling, but then again, I guess if you plant a seed you got to keep on nurturing it otherwise it just shrivels up and dies. I guess I have neglected the team somewhat. :scratch2:

Anyway, I ramble…

As I said in the thread opener, I’m a pretty useless ava at the moment but I can do ammo runs and herding still (my fapping would be akin to sticking an elastoplast on a severed leg).
So, sure, I would don the captains arm band, puff out my chest, hold my chin high and stand among my peers, safe in the knowledge that I Captain the team of the land that our ava’s were born. However, I do believe that a more active avatar that is better trained and equipped would be a better choice than a grizzled old veteran, with a seriously injured ped card. On that note I would cast my vote in Lee’s direction for the captaincy.

However, I appreciate if Team Eudoria isn’t quite cutting the mustard for some then another team may be the way to go. I just didn’t want our beloved Eudoria not to be represented, even if I have to don my plate-less beat up ghost, grab my penknife and stab the little fuckers on my own (at least I would get the solo hunter bonus :D)

Again, I ramble…

Like I said; My ava is shite and so is my bite, but my heart is as strong as an ox, but I’m still in and will do the best I can.

oops

ahh I took so long in posting that I missed yours viking... yup first year was great (I'm sure I was there for that :p) but I got bogged down last year with stuff. I agree though, See Mob, Shoot Mob, Kill Mob, is my favoured tactic :)

But I echo your call for Lee as Cap if she wants it (I know you don't viking, you're just a foot soldier :p)

You're right though, we probably will not win the WoF, but yes, we must beat Amethera :)

Last edited:
Dear Clammy,
One does not need to be uber duber to be an uber duber captain ;) If you can stick with it with that kind of spirit, that's the main thing needed I think. As for me being captain in your stead, if asked I would be happy to be a back up as needed to do what is needed, as someone else mentioned earlier on, assistant chipped out noob (not at rock bottom but plateless ghost is the in style this year for many, including myself at times :laugh:)

I'm happy to be a part of a team that goes for it for fun first and winning second, as long it doesn't translate into anarchy completely, I am as I said a big one on organization and one thing I am a bitch about is any team respecting it's leader and captain, offer ideas of course, but if he/she says go hunt this at this location, do it, don't wander off on your own seeking glory. Also actually play with, shoot with, fap with, whatever, the team mates you are assigned to be with, it sucks to be in a team, main or support, and find yourself on your own with shite you can't handle when you have a team supposedly. Those are my bugbears, teams that don't work together.

Anyway, my vote is still with Clam, if he says yes, then I suggest we get a move on in trying to recruit some help and getting the private forum so we can embarrass ourselves in private there (and tell as may corny jokes as we like with no fear :wtg:).

Um, Team Eudoria wins WoF 2009, has a nice ring to it, and somehow it makes a lot of sense :cool:

I'm sure willing to help out if we can muster the people to do it, I certainly do not have the time to be captain and can't even promise I could make every match. Was not in it for the win, but for the fun. Was afraid the way the thread was going that we may not even make 1 event and I didn't want to see that.

I would vote for Lee as captain as well :)

Good good! I reckon Clam as captain then? And when he's drunk at the pub as usual and forgetting the WoF lol, Lee as the boss? Or was it the opposite? Can't go wrong now though dammit! :)

I'm 100 dedicated in taking orders and do as i've been told. I actually need it lol

Yes master!! :bowdown:

And also, it's most important we beat Amethera for the 3rd time in a row. More important than win the WoF actually! :D

Lee posted while I was posting so I missed it. Holy cow :eek: so much activity in the thread we are missing posts.

Based on Lee's last post I will keep my original vote on clam, that is a majority so he can report that to Hurri.

I understand the importance of being with the team and doing what is needed, no way it would work well otherwise.

I can hold my own against most mobs until we get the bigger ones like chompers, falx, and dasps.

Back