Test: Drones Gen 01-02. 30 Runs.

gizze

Provider
Intro:

I've basically only been hunting these metallic creatures since I started the "comeback" a couple of weeks ago. And I've seen that the returns have been pretty good!

So I came up with the idea (as many others..) of making a test to see how much you actually get back.

I will make 30 runs to start with, fully repaired and exactly 100PEDs worth of ammo. Probably one each day, maybe two if I find the time to do the second.
I know 30 is a pretty low lumber, but it might keep me a bit more motivated to reach the goal in just a month or so.

I will count the markup for the Gazzurdite in the calculation. And all ores and components will be stocked in storage until there's enough to actually cover the auction fee. :)

So basically the 1000 PED start is just that. The PED balance will go lower each time, but I will still keep the count from the previous session.

Setup:

Breer M3a (L) for the full duration
A102 (Since 103 and 104 were a huge waste.. duh!)
Full Vigilante (F) with 3B Platings
EMT Kit Ek-2600

Edit: Thought it was FAP80, but realized I changed it a week or two ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SESSION #1

PEDs: 1000.00

Repairs + Ammo: 134.89
TT: 154.70 MU: 163.20

Total: +28.31

Info:
Forgot the Breer M3a in the calculation, broke in the middle of the session. Will be added from now on.

No global this session, but some loots over 10PEDs and one closer to 35. Saved me from getting a negative result.

SESSION #2

PEDs: 1028.31

Repairs + Ammo: 122.76
M3a decay: 19.28
TT: 101.47 MU: 110.92

Total: -31.12

Info:
The run was really bad overall, loads of yellow lines nad Blazars, but seeing 7 or 8 globals from the drones made me understand why. Alot of people camping my spot as well, so session took a little longer than expected.

SESSION #3

PEDs: 997.19

Repairs + Ammo: 142.94
M3a decay: 18.84
TT: 277.76

Total: +115.98

Info:
This run I finally hit not only 1 global, but 2! 117PED and a 80PED. Those 2 globals made this run show positive numbers. Would have been a massive loss otherwise. Seeing the 117 one is basically the profit.

SESSION #4

PEDs: 1113.17

Repairs + Ammo: 138.89
M3a decay: 21.24
TT: 153.19 MU: 169.54

Total: +9.41

Info:
Felt like this run didn't give alot of no lotters, but also no loot above 10PED. Loads of globals too from the drones, but I guess I got mine last run! Good it was a positive return with markup.

SESSION #5

PEDs: 1122.58

Repairs + Ammo: 129.01
M3a decay: 22.26 -> 5.27 = 16.99
TT: 88.29 MU: 103.23

Total: -42.77

Info:
Well, a frustrating run (as usual :p) where the returns felt really low, and obviously were. Got a ~15PED at the last 10PED of ammo, but still very bad.

SESSION #6

PEDs: 1079.81

Repairs + Ammo: 133.20
M3a decay: 23.74 -> 5.61 = 18.13
TT: 116.38 MU: 129.13

Total: -22.20

Had a ~45PED at the absolute last Drone. Good. Nothing else to report this time. :S

SESSION #7

PEDs: 1057.61

Repairs + Ammo: 136.15
M3a decay: 17.67
TT: 151.94 MU: 161.94

Total: +8.12

Info:
A 60PED global hit pretty much in the beginning of the session, so I thought this would be a great run. Was I wrong? Yes! :p

SESSION #8

PEDs: 1065.73

Repairs + Ammo: 136.09
M3a decay: 17.99
TT: 117.44 MU: 129.58

Total: -24.50
Info:
I must have had a big loot or two that I missed, I really didn't think I would only lose 24.5PEDs this run. Strange!

SESSION #9

PEDs: 1041.23

Repairs + Ammo: 126.25
M3a decay: 16.05
TT: 155.44 MU: 169.47

Total: +27.17
Info:
No global this run, but two or three loots that went above 20PEDs. Didn't see a single global from the drones during the entire session. So my prediction is that we're going to see a HoF from them pretty soon! ;)

SESSION #10

PEDs: 1068.40

Repairs + Ammo: 130.49
M3a decay: 16.75
TT: 139.75 MU: 155.39

Total: +8.15
Info:
As I said in Session #9 about the HoF was coming from the Drones. I was right! Congratulations to "Igor Wiz Kusch" who got a massive 4140PED! Next one is mine perhaps? A bigger one? ;D

Last edited:

SESSION #11

PEDs: 1076.55

Repairs + Ammo: 136.99
M3a decay: 17.50
TT: 137.00 MU: 146.60

Total: -7.89
Info:
Even with a 52PED global at the start of the session, the run was dry as a desert. No loots everywhere! And bad loots if something :(

SESSION #12

PEDs: 1068.66

Repairs + Ammo: 127.15
M3a decay: 17.22
TT: 80.87 MU: 89.27

Total: -55.10
Info:
So what the hell was this run then? No loot above 10PEDs and the last 60 drones?! 20 in row without loot, then 8 Blazars, 16 no loot in a row, 9 Blazars, 22 no loot in a row??

That's fckd up! MindArk? Characters name is "Barb bar Barbie" Please fix this! ;)

SESSION #13

PEDs: 1013.56

Repairs + Ammo: 131.57
M3a decay: 17.86
TT: 119.14 MU: 131.74

Total: -17.69
Info:
Only 17PEDs on the red side? Happy! Shit run.

SESSION #14

PEDs: 995.87

Repairs + Ammo: 129.78
M3a decay: 17.61
TT: 233.05 MU: 260.38

Total: +112.99
Info:
A global finally! 128PED LR41(L) in the loot window. Other than that a pretty shitty run. Had some players around me that attacked the very same drone as me. They also used bigger guns then me as well, so I lost quite a few PEDs due to that. Is cursing allowed? ;)

Nice that the run took me above 1000PEDs again in overall!

SESSION #15

PEDs: 1108.86

Repairs + Ammo: 132.35
M3a decay: 18.95
TT: 104.85 MU: 117.85

Total: -33.45
Info:
Well, I guess MA wants that global back from last session. My prediction goes that next run will be shit as well! ;)

SESSION #16

PEDs: 1075.41

Repairs + Ammo:
M3a decay:
TT: MU:

Total:
Info:

SESSION #17

PEDs:

Repairs + Ammo:
M3a decay:

Total:
Info:

SESSION #18

PEDs:

Repairs + Ammo:
M3a decay:

Total:
Info:

SESSION #19

PEDs:

Repairs + Ammo:
M3a decay:

Total:
Info:

SESSION #20

PEDs:

Repairs + Ammo:
M3a decay:

Total:
Info:

Last edited:
Good luck on your project I have personally always done well with drones... you will prob hof while busy with this thread lol:yay:

subscribed.

My small advise: Vigil alone is enough for drone 01-03, you don't need 3B.

Also, even Plates 6A alone is enough for them too. Use pixie+6a, you will have the cost of 3 peds armour per nearly 300 peds spent (ammo,gun and amp).

Well, before I added the plates I took a considerable amount of damage. Had to heal often. And sometimes having 3-4 drones at you resulted in a death.

With the current setup, the decay on the armor and plates is pretty low anyways. It just makes me not dying, and able to do damage instead of healing.

Thanks for the suggestion though, but I'd gladly pay the extra peds to not have to run all the time. :)

TT armor + 6a and you will NEVER die (unless you arrived at PA yesterday lol).
Plus you'll save tonnes of decay.

GL to you though~! :yay:

Personally I also use vigi + 6a for all my drone hunts, sure its overkill for gen 1-3 .... BUT a gen 4-7 comes along while you are in tt armor + 6a you will die.

Unless you have a couple k dodge lol

Another thing is in the vigi + 6a setup you can get swamped by multiple drones and never need to heal, and that is my preferred play style.

Personally I also use vigi + 6a for all my drone hunts, sure its overkill for gen 1-3 .... BUT a gen 4-7 comes along while you are in tt armor + 6a you will die.

Unless you have a couple k dodge lol

Another thing is in the vigi + 6a setup you can get swamped by multiple drones and never need to heal, and that is my preferred play style.

Its up to you... Just my opinion is that its better to fap.. The skill gain id oddge is not worth it and dodge is not usefull for many mobs. You will find yourself with level 30 dodger and 10 paramedic after some while and you will see that it will not help you to hunt better mobs.. Instead you can use tt armor+6a plates and fap little bit.. At the end you will find yourself with little lower dodger level but ur125 unlocked :D

EDIT: Ohhh, and gl Gizze and welcome back :)

Heh thanks for the inputs!

I also like the Vigilante with plates, probably change them to a higher level ones.
Got to love having loads of them swarming you for the extra skills.

If needed eventualy, I'll just deposit and chip up the fapping skills. ;)

Will make the first run tonight, I have to attend a raid in a different unmentioned game from 19-23. Feed the kid. 00 -> 03 PE!

Will make the first run tonight, I have to attend a raid in a different unmentioned game from 19-23. Feed the kid. 00 -> 03 PE!

Ah yes, the un-mentionable game. A or H? :D

Good luck on this test mate. :)

Ah yes, the un-mentionable game. A or H? :D

Good luck on this test mate. :)

Heh thanks, will surely be interesting! And when the test is complete and I feel like I'm not too tired of the drones. Make a new test with a slightly different setup. That would be great to see a difference eco wise.

And the unmentional game? I probably ment the one with greenish orcish characters. Nothing more to add. :)

5 sessions completed with mixed results. Exciting to see the rest of the 25! :)

Will have a break until tomorrow it seems. No Breer M3a on auction house! :(

If you are able to craft them, please let me know if you sell them around 115-116% full TT. Buying 4 at a time mostly. :)

A third of the test has been completed, and so far it's been a success! 10 runs and a positive figure to show. So let's hope it does continue and perhaps a HoF or two are throwned my way! :)

Nice to see someone camp on drone.

1k ped for camping drone is too much :cool:

500ped is enough and u will never lose it.

Hope to see there when I'm back to drone

how well do you feel m3a+a102 is suited for smaller drones so far?

cheers

ermik

Nice to see someone camp on drone.

1k ped for camping drone is too much :cool:

500ped is enough and u will never lose it.

Hope to see there when I'm back to drone

Well, used 1k PEDs as an even number. Feels better ;)

how well do you feel m3a+a102 is suited for smaller drones so far?

cheers

ermik

I think eco wise it's a very good setup! Too bad the weapon is so slow though. When you're used to an IMK2 back in the days lol.

13 runs and only a few PEDs on the negative side. So I'm not complaining!

Great thread, i was thinking about doing the same thing but then i found your thread lol. Seems like its going ok, keep up the good work.

do u tt everything?

Half way through now, and on the positive mark!

Sian, TT'ing everything besides components and mineral ores.

lol ur back :p long time no see :p

Back