Info: The bug fix wish list

Status
Is this the end of "free-aim"???

I hope they are still working on hitboxes, it has improved since they first made the change.. but still so many mobs are impossible to "free-aim" now. at 64 M away.. you can see the mob and target easy.... but you can't free aim it once it starts running..... many mobs you simply waste half the shots on until they get close. then god forbid they are a bouncy type mob. then you really have no option. I know some like the whole drag the mob HP bar.. and click on it.. or hard target the mob and bash number keys or right click away until carpal tunnel sets in.. and some mobs I'm ok with that.. but I know many many people just "free aim with the mouse.. and once aimed hold down the Left mouse button and concentrate themselves.

And for those that insist on dragging the HP bar.. or hard targeting, there is a delay when the system has to target for you.. just a slight bit of delay to a large bit of delay if the system has to aim for you a bit.... but that DOES effect DPS..and now it seems even more prevalent when even the system has trouble targeting for you.

I'm sure most of this will get edited and deleted. but I beg you moderators. this is a bug fix wish that pertains to MANY mobs still.

Last edited:
<removed> fixing the possibility to aim at mobs should be a priority as it takes away a heapload of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
<removed> fixing the possibility to aim at mobs should be a priority as it takes away a heapload of fun.

And takes away profit from MA as you will spend more time aiming than wasting ammo, and costs us players money too (try hunting high regen mobs like code demons.... all this aiming makes them regen alot. Before i only had to fap between kills, now i have to fap in the middle of the fight... )

And, like you said, takes away the fun, and replaces the fun with frustration... <removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bug: typed characters dropped from chat box/UI

I know the UI for messaging is supposed to be reworked soon but I hope this bug will be looked into when it is. Back in the days of PE, you could hit <Enter>, hammer off a quick message, hit <Enter> again, and not miss a shot. If you try to do that now
  1. It takes longer because of UI ... lag(?)
  2. It almost always loses the last character you type

The same is true in PM chat boxes: the order of keystrokes should be respected when processing input, but if i quickly type a sentence and then hit <Enter>, the <Enter> is usually taken out of order with the rest of the sentence and i end up with the last character still waiting at the cursor.

This is just one of those little things that leads to the perception that the UI and experience got mushy somewhere in the transition from PE to current EU.

Bug: Armor

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?48329-Guardian-arm-guards-bugged

Bug: Armor

I still can't get a BP to make footguards for any of my classic PE armor sets, some of which i use regularly. For example: Dragon, Guardian, Bodyguard, etc...

And fixing the possibility to aim at mobs should be a priority as it takes away a heapload of fun.

Agreed; it's really frustrating to hunt right now.

This is a minor issue but concerns Calypso itself, not the platform.

Please remove the invisible cliff in Calypso Gateway, at around:

Your current position is: Calypso Gateway (68065, 70363, 664)

It is right in the middle of area between Twins and Scott's Ridge, and a lot of people run into it (frustrating); even worse, it's possible to get stuck in it which may end the game for a freshman who doesn't know to press T.

TIA.

Shadow Armor

Minor issue:
With Shadow on.
My neck appears that I've had a child with no underwear on my shoulders and its taken a dump :scratch2:

Corns look very strange, texture bug :)

Rapido

Corns look inside out, sabakumas have no mouths, bibos look like they got chunked up, and I'm not sure if it is a bug.. but suddenly those cronundos or those 2 legged pointy beaked things have spikes coming out of the sides... (maybe they were updated with the creature re-skins a while back?? just came across one and it wasn't the same)

Also.. some of my carbines fire 2 shots rapidly.. then a pause... then 2 shots rapidly.. for long periods of time. each shot does damage. and the reload bar follows the timing.. tried it with an adjusted hero, sga opalo, and punisher mk2. maybe it is just that style weapon from old times? I don't really use the hero or the punisher regularly as I'm only 41 on sniper hit. but do play with them now and again, and they were not doing that before.

Compass bug: When i travelled in my sleip and went into third person mode and looked straight down the compass changes direction. Just swapped from North to South, even though I was going north. The compass should be aligned to the direction of the body, not where the eyes looks.

Please fix shooting at mobs ASAP its terrible to jump all the time and move left/right untill avatar can aim :((((

Compass bug: When i travelled in my sleip and went into third person mode and looked straight down the compass changes direction. Just swapped from North to South, even though I was going north. The compass should be aligned to the direction of the body, not where the eyes looks.

there is a button to switch compass mode ^_°

Heheh ah we're all noobs now and then.

Here's another "bug" i've given a lot of thought to: our regen is much lower than it used to be.

E.g. (ignore the right half of the table; also the 4.1 was a rounding error and should be 4.0):

attachment.php

So if you could "fix" it by returning it to how it was back in 2005, that'd be really nice. Alternatively, I'd really like to see Stamina given some perk, and this would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone (perhaps not the best metaphor :laugh:). Maths and analysis of different outcomes and parameters already done for you here. Now that objects that affect our regen (Berserker helmets) have shown up, revisiting the paltry regen we now have makes even more sense.

Here's a plot from that thread showing old and new values in graphical form:
attachment.php

Last edited:
thank you for not including in the patch note that the new arrival tp and the calypso gateway switched positions!

When opening containers or dragging items to them i keep constantly getting error messages. Messages such as the operation failed due to an internal error, you are not authorized to do this action and could not execute. I wouldnt mind if it only happens sometimes like it did in the past, but it does it all the time its horrible.

Fix the dumb mob hitbox like it was before.

Only thing what was perfect and they even fucked it up :laugh:

Not sure when it changed or if it is a bug or a new feature but when you attempt to turn auto-tool use on when your mouse is over your inventory or some other windows it doesn't activate. You have to move your mouse pointer away from being over them.:scratch2:

avatar hit box is fucked up, its way to easy to miss now, worse avatars who jump and spin around are more or less nto possible to hit

The stairs in my house got still double face geometry ... no wonder of lags if you deliver faces twice ;)

For the love of god, when are you gonna fix server stability (or whatever your excuse is)??? On Fort Troy server I still get CTDs...

Hope you are aware that if this will happen during mayhem you will be facing a catastrophe of epic proportions.

the ammount of disconnects and crashed is just silly atm

worse on Caly then on RT :S

Has there been any news or statement about much of this?? especially the hit boxes?

recently went back to ark, thought I'd plink away at the oro grind... and AT least they don't gyrate around with attack animations.. but its pretty much pointless to attack them at more than 50M. especially the low ones.
I'm sure some response will be to use a scope or something... which I'd be happy to use if there was a clear statement regarding their function on maxed weapons. I'm using a handgun on these, it would be impossible to really use anything longer range, sure you may hit a few times... but then all the times you miss they are regenning.... so now they get to close range.. and thats where scopes are even MORE useless....

((Yes I realize I'm talking about Arkadia and not Caly, but this same issue is STILL bad on Caly))

I searched around and have yet to find any "recent" info about it. and haven't noticed any changes at all in-game.
seems more and more like 1st person view just wont work.

Bugged support?....

Case open for 11 months, last reply I got was back in June......

Come on, now when I see all these other bugs being counted up I suppose my support case is going to get even further pushed back in the priority ..... :(

hehe... just a minor one i found last night ^_^

attachment.php

P.s other than that, lag is my main concern, in different areas of the game, plus the auto aim failed to move within interaction... It can be painful as the ava gets to within stabbing range with a rifle but still cant fire untill the mob is lined up just so.. Its just awful to be honest..

Last edited:
Any update????

Any update on the hit boxes???

Still some mobs are almost pointless to hunt.. even with the auto-use tool. ((I'm fairly certain manual aiming is being phased out at this point lol))

More mob regen, More decay, and DPS greatly reduced.

and sadly this is mostly on the low end mobs that the new players come in to hunt. But even bigger mobs, once they finally reach you.. their attack animations put them inside your avatar (or behind it). so taking a few steps back works, but maybe code it so they stop in front of you instead of on top of you??

Well let's put another one.

Could we maybe get a fix on Mindforce skilling giving Laser weapon skills instead Mindforce skills?

someone posted a photo on FB using a lacerating IV chip was teleporting them...

Status
Back