Info: The Codex was implemented on Sept. 24th 2019. It has not been 1 year yet!

Stefan 008 Bond

Dominant
Society
Mod Merps
Stefan 008 Bond
To add insult to injury, MA is short changing this awful decision by 3 weeks.

I still cannot believe that they refuse to convert progress over to the new system through code and data conversion.
Im sure everyone would be ok with even 75% of that.

No idea why you created yet another thread about this.

Read here: They can't convert that.

And yes, I recently posted pretty much the same info about the three weeks, but nobody seemed to care. Anyway, it won't change. As sad as that may be,

No idea why you created yet another thread about this.

Read here: They can't convert that.

And yes, I recently posted pretty much the same info about the three weeks, but nobody seemed to care. Anyway, it won't change. As sad as that may be,
Its a seperate issue, even if MA moves forward as planned they are short changing 3 weeks.

They can convert that!
Converting all mobs hp killed at 2.0 dpp or 2.5 dpp would be more than fair and easy enough to do.

Last edited:
To add insult to injury, MA is short changing this awful decision by 3 weeks.

:dunno:

This grace period will extend approximately one year from the implementation of the new mission system.

Note: I am still not very happy, however, I got done this last year what I at least wanted to get done. Finished with that a couple of days ago. And was aided by the fact that this year′s migration was so atrocious at the beginning that I just broke that off.

Last edited:
Right, because anyone here more than 3 months knows that appoximately in MA speak would ever entail even a 1% chance of the event ocurring EARLIER than stated :ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

Well, then you see history in the making... :laugh:

Bet all of you folks would complain if they did it a day earlier vs 3 weeks. You guys are really stretching at the moment. For many, those 3 weeks wouldn't do anything for you.

Bet all of you folks would complain if they did it a day earlier vs 3 weeks. You guys are really stretching at the moment. For many, those 3 weeks wouldn't do anything for you.
Plenty of people can get plenty done in 3 weeks.

This would be even more important now in light of the 3 other caly chains that now have a new deadline and 1 year extension on them. These could be prepared for before the change to set yourself up on a better mission stage if players chose to do that. That deadline is the same date as MA's current iron mission delete date.

Last edited:
I see you're trying to trick MA. Well done! :D
No tricks :)
I honestly think MA should consider this.
On using 2.0 dpp, It would equate roughly to a 2/3 conversion rate of the costs put in on average.

I honestly think the community would be more than happy to accept that.

And I honestly think it needs to be on the table.as a totally realistic option.
They did say they would review the situation before making final changes
That time is now.

On using 2.0 dpp, It would equate roughly to a 2/3 conversion rate of the costs put in on average.

I honestly think the community would be more than happy to accept that.

And I honestly think it needs to be on the table.as a totally realistic option.
They did say they would review the situation before making final changes
That time is now.
I honestly believe that the community would benefit more if the development resources this nonsense would require would be put somewhere else, like fixing some bugs.
I honestly believe you are wasting your time, the community is not happy about this but this is 1% of the crap the Yog issue was and about 0.5% of the crap with the developer item being used by regular player.

Plenty of people can get plenty done in 3 weeks.

This would be even more important now in light of the 3 other caly chains that now have a new deadline and 1 year extension on them. These could be prepared for before the change to set yourself up on a better mission stage if players chose to do that. That deadline is the same date as MA's current iron mission delete date.

Plenty of people can get plenty done in 340 DAYS since the annoucement. If you cant get shit done in 340 days, 21 days wont change a thing.
Based on EL, you probably didnt even finish 1st stages of irons...so why all the noise over this?

Change for the better sometimes requires radical changes. Lets hope thats MAs plan...

Ah i see. Then I apologize. I must have misunderstood how your proposed conversion would work.
Here's how I came to the conclusion that it must be a "trick":

If i kill 1000 mobs with 300 hp, that's 300 000 damage dealt.
If i do these kills with 3.0 dpp, that would be 100 000 pec cost incurred which would covert to 1000 PED to codex progress.
If i would instead do the kills with 2.0 dpp that would be 150 000 pec cost incurred which would convert to 1500 ped to codex progress.
This would mean that converting on 2.0dpp would give more benefit to people doing partial missions, than completing them (in most cases) which is why I thought it was an attempt at trickery. But I probably misunderstood what you meant.

Based on the above, and if the desired conversion rate would be 2/3 it would make more sense (to me) to convert at 4.5dpp instead.

Either way, a conversion would be great. And i'm all for free skills. But I agree with Evey on this one, there are more pressing issues that needs to be adressed first, in my opinion.

I honestly believe that the community would benefit more if the development resources this nonsense would require would be put somewhere else, like fixing some bugs.
I honestly believe you are wasting your time, the community is not happy about this but this is 1% of the crap the Yog issue was and about 0.5% of the crap with the developer item being used by regular player.
That is your opinion and I certainly respect that.
I am sure you are very concerned as a competitieve player on what happened in Mayhem.

But not all participants in Entropia partake in Mayhem.

The numbers dont lie Evey, MA post on the mission change had 450 + replies while yog buff issue has just under 300 (which is still alot and it is a big issue)
The only MA post in the past couple of years to gather more replies was the one introducing Loot 2.0 which over 500.

So the seemingly, most important things to all participants are:
1. Loot
2.Missions
3. Anything else

Go ahead and scroll back on Entropia Universe news section and look at the number of replies through the years...

Plenty of people can get plenty done in 340 DAYS since the annoucement. If you cant get shit done in 340 days, 21 days wont change a thing.
Based on EL, you probably didnt even finish 1st stages of irons...so why all the noise over this?

Change for the better sometimes requires radical changes. Lets hope thats MAs plan...
Im not sure why I have to type this but there are 365 days in a year Tru Juan. Any attempt to explain away days of the year is just fodder.

Going to take the high road here and am Not going to take the bait on your comments about my personal hunting choices.
To each their own.

By the way its like all you forgot we are in the middle of a global pandemic....

So the seemingly, most important things to all participants are:
1. Loot
2.Missions
3. Anything else

Go ahead and scroll back on Entropia Universe news section and look at the number of replies through the years...
I don't want to do that because I would find nothing to help me understand the issue.
First of all, only a small part of the players post on the forums so drawing conclusions based on the number of replies is wrong. You should judge rather after reading and understanding the issues and the stakes... even if arguing which is worse is beyond silly already, note that in the mission related threads there are people arguing each other mostly while in yog issue things are very serious and costing us big money (sure, you can say missions cost money too, but that would be again wrong, because when you kill a mob you get loot for it).
But anyway, dragging it further just to make bigger post count so it may seem tge biggest issue since EU exists is pointless... bottom line:
  • Everyone had about a year to finish what missions they wanted and the time was beyond enough.
  • It's 100% impossible to transfer progress because the two systems are incompatible, your suggestions are nor realistic, there two systems have different type of inputs
  • It's very unfair to get codex boost for those that did not finish the requirements for skill/attribute reward (example, if I would have left my levi at 1 point before completion, getting a boost in codex, giving the cost of levi mission, would have given me many times more an advantage in codex rather than on Iron);
  • Most of the post these days were to argue with your ideas so take that into consideration when you count thread responses :)
  • Yes, MA said they don't want us to be unhappy with the new codex, and the transition, that's why codex is much more generous in terms of rewards hence the general positive welcome of the system.
  • I can't help but take EL.com into consideration and drawing the conclusion that NONE of the missions interested you AT ALL, again, how you play is your problem, you are free to do as you choose, nothing against that, but since it was of NO interest to you why are you trying so hard to defend people that are generally at least OK with the transition. Not implying you have a hidden agenda or some shit, I genuinely am curious about why this is stressing you so hard that it causing you a mental block preventing you to see how little is actually lost and how much is actually gain and preventing you understand all of the above points... if it'snot affecting you in any way, why on earth are you crying so loud on behalf of people that are fine with this??? I want to understand why, please try your best to clarify this because none of the arguments you presented so far explain any of this.
  • In 3 weeks I would have time to finish all my 41 stages even if I have many at the beginning at 60k points and on taxed, and PVP etc, I would still do 0 of them, because I had almost 50 weeks to do those that actually made sense.
Also, the pandemic has 0 to do with the subject.

You had literally 2 years to do remaining irons.
HE keeps saying it's not about him.
I believe him, he has 0 interest in iron missions ingame. But how can you do 0 irons and expect to understand this ???????Why rage about it if it has 0 implications on your life ????

myArwp3.jpg

Favorite mob: Longtooth (from when they were single maturity)
Im solidly mid level Evey

I will unpack the rest of your latest comments in a bit, I actually do have some hunting to do!

*Mods can leave my elife pic up, I thinks its absolutely hilarious Evey just did that.
Let the attacks be known.

Favorite mob: Longtooth (from when they were single maturity)
Im solidly mid level Evey

I will unpack the rest of your latest comments in a bit, I actually do have some hunting to do!

*Mods can leave my elife pic up, I thinks its absolutely hilarious Evey just did that.
Let the attacks be known.

It is in no way an attack, I repeatedly said that everyone's play style is just fine as it is and it helps your argument that it is not about you, which I believe.
But not being about you it then means you are trying to represent others, active hunters, with open irons, like me; having 41 open irons, I feel you try to represent my interests by force when you have 0 interest in the matter.
You don't have to unpack anything, things are very clear, you do your hunt, just maybe later answer the question but don't repeat your arguments, I've read them, they make no sense still.

I would argue that you all have said your peace. You will not convince Bond to change his mind and you will not persuade the minds of those who see the value of the codex to change course. I would say that you should agree to disagree and move on. Mindark is two days away from getting rid of them. Move on with your life. Stop trying to get more out of the situation. I think we have quite the generous system already. Do you really want skills to be devalued even more than they already are?

As to those who cannot understand why Irons would have an impact on the game in a negative way (lag for example), it is very likely that each iron progress update refreshes your entire journal. A good indicator of that is when you are on a planet with a bugged mission and you are doing something unrelated. You can also see your entire journal flicker and scroll to the top, a good programming indication of that ("a listbox mechanic"). Whether this is due to client side errors or because they send a packet of information about your entire journal progress (very likely) instead of the one you updated, this will cut down on a lot of traffic and processing. We give a lot of crap to Mindark about lag and other issues that prevent people from playing, even new players. I think you should give them a little bit of slack on this one because I think will have some important implications. The benefits here outweigh your inconvenience, or in my opinion - laziness.

also they extended it for a year on 24... the original 1mo was prior to that if i recall. could be wrong tho but lets face it.. old system sucked donkey balls with all this solo shit. i hated every second of them and refused to even do them for the most part. codex is awesome get into it =p

also they extended it for a year on 24... the original 1mo was prior to that if i recall. could be wrong tho but lets face it.. old system sucked donkey balls with all this solo shit. i hated every second of them and refused to even do them for the most part. codex is awesome get into it =p
Original announcement was on Jul 20, 2019 and they said approx:
This grace period will extend approximately one year from the implementation of the new mission system.

I finished all of the Irons I can do on Calypso. I just want to know if the Codex is coming to other planets and locking up the missions on Sept 1, 2020. Nobody is talking about that.

will never satisfy everyone. Dude I didn't even get to partake on ANY of the iron mission DOUBLE dipping. Be glad at least you had part of it

I finished all of the Irons I can do on Calypso. I just want to know if the Codex is coming to other planets and locking up the missions on Sept 1, 2020. Nobody is talking about that.
They said it will but because shit can go wrong, they didn't announce a date for PP. When they give dates roadmaps and such, it backfires and it creates big frustration :D
I'm guessing Codex will come on other planets in one of the 3 next VUs but I'm hoping it's next week, although I still have work to do on Caly codex...

This "top notch" MA communications needs to improve for sure :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They said it will but because shit can go wrong, they didn't announce a date for PP. When they give dates roadmaps and such, it backfires and it creates big frustration :D
I'm guessing Codex will come on other planets in one of the 3 next VUs but I'm hoping it's next week, although I still have work to do on Caly codex...

This "top notch" MA communications needs to improve for sure :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Also have to remember that it isn't mindark's responsibility to give roadmaps on planet partner's stuff. It is theirs. The planet partners have to build out/code their codexes from their admission.

In reality MA is shortchanging themselves by 3 weeks. Removing the reason for many players to be on Caly just came 3 weeks early. Now they all leave Caly and will be on other planets just sooner. The old Iron missions will be missed.

We give a lot of crap to Mindark about lag and other issues that prevent people from playing, even new players. I think you should give them a little bit of slack on this one because I think will have some important implications. The benefits here outweigh your inconvenience, or in my opinion - laziness.

So are you saying this update will fix the months of lag spikes where everything freezes for 5 secs several times an hour. I hope so never seen lag be so persistently annoying and for so long.

Back