Info: The De-Bunking of Your Retarded Loot Theory thread

If you want to guarantee making a small fortune in EU, you must start with a large fortune.

my theory is this: kill a mob.. then loot it.. and you will sometimes get loot.

Riddle me this or disprove accordingly: The more I drink, the less I care about my loot returns no matter how good I think I may be doing. I find that the more I drink/ snogg/self indulge in the spirits, the more I happen upon better returns. So to recap, alkihol+ retarded late night off regular gaming time/habit= greater profitability. I was six sheets to the wind the other day, and hit a 290PED HOF and then several X claims then a 130ish PED global. After sobering up I could not hit above a LVL IV! and I ran same equipment and same # probes/bombs!

All avatars have a differing multiplier specific to them. Most are .9 or lower, but you never know ;)

There is no such thing as gravity, The planet just sucks.

could be translated as,

There is no such thing as loot, The planet just sucks(your PEDs up.)

As to alcohol and loot returns, I was discussing that with a miner today trying his first big amp.
I told him,
Don't play close to your chest, I always loose when I do that. You can only do well when you don't care about your loss
I think alcohol will do that for you, and so though you don't realize it your play style will be different while drunk. And as long as you are only drunk enough to have a looser play style you might do better. (just don't get so drunk you do stupid things, like depo 20k for that pink dress your (M) avatar cant wear)

narfi

Riddle me this or disprove accordingly: The more I drink, the less I care about my loot returns no matter how good I think I may be doing. I find that the more I drink/ snogg/self indulge in the spirits, the more I happen upon better returns. So to recap, alkihol+ retarded late night off regular gaming time/habit= greater profitability. I was six sheets to the wind the other day, and hit a 290PED HOF and then several X claims then a 130ish PED global. After sobering up I could not hit above a LVL IV! and I ran same equipment and same # probes/bombs!

ZMOG!!! I think this is it!! It happened to me too!! I was completely slurry and got 4 globies!! Check my tracker! I am getting smashed tonite and hunting, woohoo!! :yay::yay:

ZMOG!!! I think this is it!! It happened to me too!! I was completely slurry and got 4 globies!! Check my tracker! I am getting smashed tonite and hunting, woohoo!! :yay::yay:

Is there any other way to hunt than completely smashed? :D

So far I have failed to see any logic in this forum. Sure you did not mean lack of logic and scientific proof backing that your logic is correct

Theory 1-

If you sell off everything and chip out, mathematically your chances of a big HoF are essentially the same as if you play constantly.

Theory 2-

The easiest way to get $5k out of EU is to start by depositing $10k.

That's not a global, that's eye boogers blurring your vision. The increase in peds is from a drunken 4am deposit. Most likely this was caused by chasing cheap vodka with cheaper beer.

That's not a global, that's eye boogers blurring your vision. The increase in peds is from a drunken 4am deposit. Most likely this was caused by chasing cheap vodka with cheaper beer.

No, no...I globaled on Esto earlier and I drank 1/2 a bottle of red wine. The loot theory is GET DRUNK@@@

No, no...I globaled on Esto earlier and I drank 1/2 a bottle of red wine. The loot theory is GET DRUNK@@@

This is the "skill gain fallacy." Because skill gains happen so often, people often make correlations with other things (such as globals) while ignoring all the times the skill gains occurred without globals.

So, as you guzzled case after case of red wine, you may have fallen victim to this fallacy.

Last edited:
If i log in to EU i wont get any loot :) Thats my theory :)

What do you call Christmas presents? And what the hell is a tomtebloss?

The TT value of all loot has to come from somewhere. I would say that I get my loot from your stupidity, as you get your loot from my stupidity, we all get loot from each other, and every so often Mindark takes loot from all of us :)

With regards to HOFs, right skills, right tools, right instruction and right time, all there is to it.

I used the wrong equipment at the wrong time without instruction and hof'd.

I tried to use your stupidity to hof but apparently there was so much it caused a zero-sum error. I think you left some smaller stupidity around here somewhere I can test.

The best loot is the loot someone else dropped. It costs nothing to get, but skillful wandering around. I wonder if anyone picked up that oil can I dropped inside of swamp camp last night? It looks like it belongs there, so maybe its still sitting next to the revive terminal....

Burglary is not looting.

my theory is this: kill a mob.. then loot it.. and you will sometimes get loot.

I can't tell you how wrong you are in just one thread. You will always never get loot sometimes, capice?

Theory 1-

If you sell off everything and chip out, mathematically your chances of a big HoF are essentially the same as if you play constantly.

I got relatively more (in terms of hofs/time) big hofs after I chipped out (and I chipped out twice.)

Last edited:
could be translated as,

As to alcohol and loot returns, I was discussing that with a miner today trying his first big amp.
I told him,

I think alcohol will do that for you, and so though you don't realize it your play style will be different while drunk. And as long as you are only drunk enough to have a looser play style you might do better. (just don't get so drunk you do stupid things, like depo 20k for that pink dress your (M) avatar cant wear)

narfi

Move along, charlatan! Only *I* am allowed to do any debunking! Because I have logic! And I'm a licensed mathemagician! And only I have the required protective eyewear! And my grammar is swell!

What a fantastic thread:D

Hey back off buddy, I'm married...to a woman.

On the serious side, I tend to get better loot when I play at times I usually can't.
Ie, I work MA time 07-17. If I have a day off or play in nighttime or before work for whatever reason, loot is better.

Maybe MA checks my profile to see when normal work hours is in my area and adjust accordingly;)

Loot is bad 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you ever have good loot, that's a bug and should be reported immediately.

ok, here it is - if you want better loots you have to log in and log out 17 times, then run 6 times around your table and finally - open the window and scream - "tam ta da daa".
After that you can sit back and enjoy your hofs.

Oh, and dont forget to applaud after each nrf/no loot mob. It will scare away no looters.

Last edited:
What do you call Christmas presents?

You don't get Xmas presents if you dont log in tho ;)

I think that you get better loot after drinking 5 liters or more of pure vodka, try doing that and report the results please :wise:

Pressing and holding the ALT key and pressing the F4 key while on the forum will take you to the pending HOF forum.

You don't get Xmas presents if you dont log in tho ;)

Read the op again. :D

That's why *I'm* the professional.

I think that you get better loot after drinking 5 liters or more of pure vodka, try doing that and report the results please :wise:

Tried it: vodka, whiskey, schnapps, etc. Doesn't work. My wife and doctor won't let me try again though, sorry.

to get good loot you must forward all chain emails that are something to the effect of "if you don't pass this on to all your friends bill gates will eat 5 kittens".

to get good loot you must forward all chain emails that are something to the effect of "if you don't pass this on to all your friends bill gates will eat 5 kittens".

So that's why I haven't been getting the big loots...

Tried it with kittens, puppies, ding dongs, poison and Nigerian businessmen.

Interestingly, Nigerian businessmen yielded the highest TT return, but none were above costs.

From PM:

PM said:
Dear Superhal,

I can see you are very intelligent, wise, and handsome.

My loot theory is that the only time I get loot is when I deposit, then I can get about 60% back instead of my usual 10%.

I am ashamed of my ignorance in your glorious light, so please sign me as:
Choking the Berycled

Dear Bery Choker,

Keep playing. What you get back after a depo leaves even faster afterwards.

Regards,
Me

ps. Have you met the One-Eyed Ambu?

I empty my bags of weapons. Then I purchase three of the weapon I want to use.
Not two but three.
Try it with some cheap TT weapons.
For some reason the math thinks you suck with your weapon and the loot is impressive.

Ive tryed it with two and one but if you just keep two extra in your bag it works.

Back