Question: The future of Rocktropia?

What do you think Rocktropia will be in 5 years?

• Sold to a new owner in total

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Deeded out on the Exchange

Votes: 13 21.0%
  • Sold, and portions deeded out on the Exchange

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Held by ND with serious effort to improve and transition to UE5

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Status Quo

Votes: 20 32.3%

• Total voters

jwestonmoss

Alpha
Francis Merlinfire Sureshot
I've always liked RT. One of the more unique planets in the game, and in a lot of ways, with the most potential. Unrealized potential. I know there's history and possibly shenanigans between ND and MA and I don't know the whole story. But assuming that gets set aside, what do you think the future could be for this planet? Are there signs of life?

I've always liked RT. One of the more unique planets in the game, and in a lot of ways, with the most potential. Unrealized potential. I know there's history and possibly shenanigans between ND and MA and I don't know the whole story. But assuming that gets set aside, what do you think the future could be for this planet? Are there signs of life?
What would you say are the ways RT having the most potential? Just generally curious (and open for being convinced) since I don’t see it myself.

What would you say are the ways RT having the most potential? Just generally curious (and open for being convinced) since I don’t see it myself.
there's a lot of potential in the urban/modern setting. not to mention some of the IRL IP's RT has rights to (somehow)

but potential is just that....nothing until exercised

The potential is enormous! The Work on the Platform, will hopefully activate the potential. For now I like to think of it like my favorite local pub, has a vintage vibe, not a lot changes, familiar faces, feels like home away from home.. But that's just right now, things can change in a heartbeat and it could go into overdrive or get a fresh coat of paint or just keep ticking till the time is perfect.. ROCKtropia has been live for 13 years now I think, we have had some crazy active dev periods and tried so many many many fun ideas..

Last edited:
Hey ND, thanks for dropping in.

hope to see some good news coming out of RT in the coming years. you can do it.

Fingers crossed the asteroid slams into it and Rocktropia just goes away.
That would be my vote too.

RT had potential but it got ruined by some design choices and lore. Things there were always super cringy IMO. Like designed by horny teenager on heavy drugs fuelled trip.

If we're lucky they'll just delete it

The usual honeypot for haters, it always works :D
Collect their avatar stylings and clone them on the Hater mob. The cheesy stuff is what makes RT funny and sets it apart in this little universe. Some like it, some don't, that's okay and the reason why we have different planet designers in the first place.

Hopefully it's at least sustainable enough to remain in existence and a platform for whatever ideas might pop up. Being under pressure is never good for creativity. Thanks ND for the sign of life. Your Discord is sad.

Hopefully it's at least sustainable enough to remain in existence and a platform for whatever ideas might pop up. Being under pressure is never good for creativity.
3+ years without updates.

When RT started i have to admit i was by no means a fan, however after spending a little time there (on and off) I think i would miss it.

Taking new players on a tour of planets, RT's bouncy auctioneer was a highlight :D .

Next coming up soonTM, Rocktropia shares?
I was thinking HELL with some shares selling possibly.

I think if they get codex there and pump it, a codex uniquely to RT?

Let's move that way :)

:twocents:

Let's roll Neverdie :eureka: :cool:

I liked what they did with 'the thing' and had in my head there were going to be movie themed instances ... but alas never happened. I could see that being a money maker.... if you could afford the paying the rights holder

Rgds

Ace

Next coming up soonTM, Rocktropia shares?

I was thinking HELL with some shares selling possibly.

I think if they get codex there and pump it, a codex uniquely to RT?

Let's move that way :)

:twocents:

Let's roll Neverdie :eureka: :cool:

NEVERDIE already addressed this in another thread somewhere. Dragon Castle will be Deeded out when it's RT's turn to issue some deeds. No word on when that will be tho.

The potential is enormous! The Work on the Platform, will hopefully activate the potential. For now I like to think of it like my favorite local pub, has a vintage vibe, not a lot changes, familiar faces, feels like home away from home.. But that's just right now, things can change in a heartbeat and it could go into overdrive or get a fresh coat of paint or just keep ticking till the time is perfect.. ROCKtropia has been live for 13 years now I think, we have had some crazy active dev periods and tried so many many many fun ideas..
I'm hoping RT grows into enough success that it enables you to reinstate the original map with that additional server you had. There's probably just a small percentage of us that even remember how expansive RT was in the beginning.

I have poked at this idea a few times... and i enjoy RT, but there is no drive or effort coming from owners over there....the taxs were dropped for a little while and heard there was some fixes being made...but assuming that was just forced twen and unreal stuff , i was enjoying doing quests in hell and such then back to status quo)
taxes all back up to 5% and nada, ive spent quite a bit of time there....and i doubt ill return much without any support or updates....old just = old and theres nothing shiny or new or even MU to target....
but on another hand,
why does everyone want codex on RT!!!!
the existing repeatable quests are still some of the best in the game .....you can repeat codex and get the final reward over and over....its better rewards then codex already....people don't understand this..... (but half of them are just plain stupid to attempt with 3/4 of the planet with 5% tax rate.... so there is that also)
IMO it could be something big.....it was something big....its just a dead overtaxed no reason to visit planet except for some possible nostalgia and feeding the owners some pity tax atm....

RT was fun and innovative, but it will require some work to get in line with UE5 and loot 3.0 and I have no idea how and who. Best I can offer is Ant to rent it for few years, do the work for free and collect all the profit.
Buying someone else dream planet is hard.
Deeding out the planet at the current market prices will require bazillion shares. (yeah I know Triton shares don't sell)
Sold or held by ND still will still require work done.
Buyback by MA is probably 20 years in court.
Interesting times ahead.

I'm hoping RT grows into enough success that it enables you to reinstate the original map with that additional server you had. There's probably just a small percentage of us that even remember how expansive RT was in the beginning.
Two additional servers I think.

Whole tax system needs an overhaul. It's simply not worth doing taxed lands unless by some miracle the MU makes up for it. If MA didn't take their tax ontop of taxed lands there would be more reasons to hunt on taxed lands.
I avoid taxed lands like the plague because of how it works.

How much would it cost to buy it out?

Back