This is how MA likes to treat their players. (Be careful if you depo folks!)

Frank Mcnutty

Old Alpha
I have depo'ed over 2000 USD over the years and never had a problem, but then this happened...
I will just post my support ticket that they don't feel like even responding to, very odd business model. You have to read from the bottom up but they just stole 100 dollars from me and there is very little I can do about it. That bad part is they don't care and there is nothing I can do about the 100+ dollars they took. I even offered to just take it in PED. Like the title says, think twice before you depo because they will just ignore you. :scratch2:

On 2013-09-25 13:36:32 you wrote:
Hello, I have been extremely patient while waiting on any kind of response from you. I am very disappointed at the lack of support. I can not continue to play until this matter is resolved and my friends are also afraid to depo as they don't want to get double charged. We will be looking for another game that doesn't steal 100 dollars from their players.
On 2013-09-03 16:37:17 you wrote:
These are the transaction records from my bank, I will be willing to just accept payment in PED, thank you.

08/05/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

08/05/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

08/12/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

08/15/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

-There were 4 of these:
08/15/2013
INTERNATIONAL POS FEE -REDACTED BY ME-
$1.50
On 2013-08-28 15:20:58 you wrote:
Hello, can I please get a response? It has been 10 days.
Thank you.
On 2013-08-18 18:55:34 you wrote:
Hello, I deposited 50 dollars twice this month. Both times it charged me twice and my transaction record shows that but I am certain that I didn't deposit twice each time nor did I get the PED for the transactions. I got PED for the two that I did. Please note that I am in the US and there is a 1.5 dollar transaction fee for each deposit. So that is 103 US dollars, please let me know how we can resolve this and thank you for your time.

I will check all of mine right now!

Thanks for the update

I'm sorry that you had problems depositing, tech support sucks most of the time and they should prioritize issues like yours.

In my bank you can create virtual CC and put the exact quantity of money you want on them, that way they can't charge you twice.

Anyway this is not the first time I hear this problem, I hope you get a refund for the PED you didn't get.

And a big :mad: for support.

Just tell your credit card company to cancel the funds. Any odd transactions I see on my card I tell the bank and they freeze it until clarified. No loss to you, MA doesn't get the money.
Suggest you PM Bjorn|MindArk in Entropia Forum and make a thread there, usually get their attention.

Not jumping into MA defense by any means (their support response time suck) but I already saw several similar threads from people living in US regarding double transactions.

A quick search on net shows people complaining about this on different activities. It seems to me more like an US based problem - if 4 transactions were processed, would not be 1.5x4 = 6 USD in fees? (edit: never mind fees, I misunderstood)

If you have internet banking, you might want to check transaction numbers (no idea how your interface will be looking) if they are the same, also if your account was really debited twice. If it was, maybe there is a way to mark the secondary transactions as duplicate, if the software allows it.

This being said, I think MA had ample time to investigate these issues by their own and have a response prepared.

yeah i heard this happening multiple times a s well :S

I have depo'ed over 2000 USD over the years and never had a problem, but then this happened...
I will just post my support ticket that they don't feel like even responding to, very odd business model. You have to read from the bottom up but they just stole 100 dollars from me and there is very little I can do about it. That bad part is they don't care and there is nothing I can do about the 100+ dollars they took. I even offered to just take it in PED. Like the title says, think twice before you depo because they will just ignore you. :scratch2:

On 2013-09-25 13:36:32 you wrote:
Hello, I have been extremely patient while waiting on any kind of response from you. I am very disappointed at the lack of support. I can not continue to play until this matter is resolved and my friends are also afraid to depo as they don't want to get double charged. We will be looking for another game that doesn't steal 100 dollars from their players.
On 2013-09-03 16:37:17 you wrote:
These are the transaction records from my bank, I will be willing to just accept payment in PED, thank you.

08/05/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

08/05/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

08/12/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

08/15/2013
-REDACTED BY ME-
$50.00

-There were 4 of these:
08/15/2013
INTERNATIONAL POS FEE -REDACTED BY ME-
$1.50
On 2013-08-28 15:20:58 you wrote:
Hello, can I please get a response? It has been 10 days.
Thank you.
On 2013-08-18 18:55:34 you wrote:
Hello, I deposited 50 dollars twice this month. Both times it charged me twice and my transaction record shows that but I am certain that I didn't deposit twice each time nor did I get the PED for the transactions. I got PED for the two that I did. Please note that I am in the US and there is a 1.5 dollar transaction fee for each deposit. So that is 103 US dollars, please let me know how we can resolve this and thank you for your time.

Check your deposits on the EU website. Then check your account you do deposits from. Also check the e-mail responses you get from doing the depo. You should not get the e-mail if it did not go through fully to your in game ped card. Also it should not show up in your EU account depo history. Just your deposit account you take the money out from. If this is how it looks then the deposit service doubled the transactions but didn't finish them into EU. I had this happen to me and when I did the support I sent them screenshots of the EU website transaction history and my checking account. They reversed the transactions that were done in error by the deposit service.

Thanks for the responses all, I have have actually done all of the suggested other than asking my bank to to reverse the charges. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that as I will have to quit my favorite game. :(

If it's any help, in over 7yrs reading the forums, I don't recall ever seeing someone NOT get an issue with deposits resolved eventually.
I doubt that this is handled by any regular support team member. My guess is there is unlikely to be more than one person in MA's head office who is authorised to handle 'disputes' involving these sorts of financial transactions.

Well bold statement to make.. I have been depositing and sending support cases for many years. Never once have I had an issue. All cases replied within 3 days. All I can note is that yoi ask for werid things and probably send it to the wrong support

Never received one of these issues (?redaction?)... is that banking terminology I doubt it!
I find it hard to accept as genuine.
Phishing for ideas lol;)

Last edited:
If you clicked twice in a Visa or Master card round off period = your dispute is with them ...orphaned transaction=low latency.
Entropia rounding of period is at the same time and causes this.
Avoid any transaction around Entropia /MA financial round off at 0:00- GMT

Another reason for me to keep making that small walk to the gasstation, buy me that Paynova prepaid voucher, and use that to deposit :)

call the office or mail them, they solved my problem within a few hours

Thanks for the responses all, I have have actually done all of the suggested other than asking my bank to to reverse the charges. I was hoping it wouldn't come to that as I will have to quit my favorite game. :(

Why would you have to quit if you made your bank reverse the charges?

Why would you have to quit if you made your bank reverse the charges?

If you could get that to happen after so much time and MA didn't agree to it being okay your account would most likely be locked.:wise:

A few years ago there was a handful of depo's MA took from my account.
I only noticed that they double dipped when I got my VISA statement. So I cross referenced against the in game transaction history. Sure enough the records did not tally up.
So I wrote to MA with screen shots of their own in game record and scanned in copy of my VISA statement (Making sure to blank out any other transactions that are not their business). It took some effort and I was definitely not happy.
I stated that they need to return the amounts that I did not give permission to or it is theft.
With the evidence provided and polite but stern written I informed them they have to return the Transfer, International fee and transaction fees. After a few rounds they returned the amount ( can have a look later to confirm how long if it helps). I would send a copy of all the communications (with the evidence) to MA and your CC provider (once you have called to dispute the amount you should get a reference number and contact send; C/c them in to the information you send MA). Inform MA that you are C/cing the credit card dispute centre and I am sure you will get the money back.
Feel free to PM if you need any information I have not listed.
Regrettably it happens, with MA, XBOX, Paypal and even the banks.... part of the lovely electronic world we live in now :(
Good luck and hope it gets resolved soon.

All the best,

Indica

Never received one of these issues (?redaction?)... is that banking terminology I doubt it!
I find it hard to accept as genuine.
Phishing for ideas lol;)

Yeah, I redacted my bank info because it's on a public forum... The support case has the actual numbers...

re·dact

verb
past tense: redacted
edit (text) for publication.

If you could get that to happen after so much time and MA didn't agree to it being okay your account would most likely be locked.:wise:

I would quit because I would not feel comfortable depo'ing as they might double charge it. :wise:

Well bold statement to make.. I have been depositing and sending support cases for many years. Never once have I had an issue. All cases replied within 3 days. All I can note is that yoi ask for werid things and probably send it to the wrong support

There is only one support to send it to. I have never had any problems and I was happy to depo 100 a month.
Not sure why I'm getting the hate on this. This is my first support case sent in with over 5 years playing and over 2k US dollars depo'ed. I waited for 2 months for any kind of reply, that seems beyond reasonable...

A few years ago there was a handful of depo's MA took from my account.
I only noticed that they double dipped when I got my VISA statement. So I cross referenced against the in game transaction history. Sure enough the records did not tally up.
So I wrote to MA with screen shots of their own in game record and scanned in copy of my VISA statement (Making sure to blank out any other transactions that are not their business). It took some effort and I was definitely not happy.
I stated that they need to return the amounts that I did not give permission to or it is theft.
With the evidence provided and polite but stern written I informed them they have to return the Transfer, International fee and transaction fees. After a few rounds they returned the amount ( can have a look later to confirm how long if it helps). I would send a copy of all the communications (with the evidence) to MA and your CC provider (once you have called to dispute the amount you should get a reference number and contact send; C/c them in to the information you send MA). Inform MA that you are C/cing the credit card dispute centre and I am sure you will get the money back.
Feel free to PM if you need any information I have not listed.
Regrettably it happens, with MA, XBOX, Paypal and even the banks.... part of the lovely electronic world we live in now :(
Good luck and hope it gets resolved soon.

All the best,

Indica

Thank you for the info. So you had to send a written letter to MA? I put all the proof possible into the support case. I can't put screen shot into it though...
I had one problem with the Playstation Network but they have a U.S. number to call so that was solved.
I even gave MA the option to just give me 1k PED and drop it... Makes no sense to me.

The problem right now isn't bungled transactions (that happens with any business) but it's that EU Support is at a real low in terms of competence and efficiency. Not just us, but the Planet Partners are concerned about the negative rep that Support is generating among players and potential players. IMO it's one of the highest priority issues MA needs to solve. It's not even part of the game but can ruin the game experience so easily.

Thank you for the info. So you had to send a written letter to MA? I put all the proof possible into the support case. I can't put screen shot into it though...
I had one problem with the Playstation Network but they have a U.S. number to call so that was solved.
I even gave MA the option to just give me 1k PED and drop it... Makes no sense to me.

You can add screenshot into support after the first initial support request. You just add it in comments after the support request is made.:)

In my bank you can create virtual CC and put the exact quantity of money you want on them, that way they can't charge you twice.

Which bank is this? Virtual CC's would come in handy for sure.

this hapened to me once and i stoped using CC only wire money after that incident.

basicly they told me it was double charge from teh compagny that take care about the CC system it was rofunded in about 5 days;

Back