Thoughts on Marco's interview

I actually swimmed to the lower left corner of Eudoria once(There was no "T" or tp chip then mind you) and besides nothing i found a spot where it spawned like 100mobs a second just raining down on the bottom of the ocean. Mixed every damn mob type, Atrox, Atrax, Cornundacauda, Spiders and what not. (mobs could not drown back then btw)

Reported it as a bug, figuring it could be the cause of all the rubberbanding we experienced back then considering server load.

Then i swam back to Eudoria ^^

They could have put a lot of stuff in the oceans. It is to cumbersome to explore there. If there was something out there, we would not even know :D
hmm...since I am broke, I think I will go out for some swimming :D

holy shit, people actually liked the interview :O

I like your style, you sound very professional on the intervews ;)

Just one positive criticism if I may... I don't see why you let Marco off so lightly on some questions :D + not sure why you let MA review it again...
It's as if a journalist asked a politician for permission after the interview...

I think the fact that it's an open interview should be defence ennough...

Some answers from Marco were a bit too vague for me...

Good effort though, appreciate that you got up at 5:30 :wtg:

about finding things...I remember Recoda found impmk2 on the ground near Troy :D (that doesnt have to be true)
but...if there is somewhere laying an impmk2 I am gonna search this ocean until I will find it. keep in mind, that visibility there is horrible :D wish me good luck.

hehe one day you will hear about famous seaman on his Flying Dutchman ,searching for lost gun, no prisoners!! aye !! I am gonna be legend :D

How old is that interview anyway ?

1) He states that there are points of interests that have not yet been discovered I always thought that pretty much every inch of Calypso and Amethera has been covered by now. any thoughts of where or what these might be

As others have already said, the question also included items which haven't been discovered. At the time of the interview there would have been undiscovered items which have since been discovered (some of the new screens for example), so those alone would mean the answer to the question was "Yes".

All in all I thought it was quite an interesting interview, though as usual with these type of things there isn't any earth-shattering news in it. I was particularly pleased to hear Marco once again emphasise his interest in developing storyline and events (which has of course been backed up in practice by the major events that have taken place since the interview was conducted).

Dion, if I can offer a little constructive criticism on your interview technique - I think you could make your interviews better by trying to include more follow-up questions. For most of this interview you're reading out questions from your list, then moving straight on to the next question after Marco gives his answer. There were some occasions where I would have liked you to ask further questions about his responses, perhaps asking him to go into more detail about some of the things he mentioned.

Great work though :)

Dion, if I can offer a little constructive criticism on your interview technique...

i think you should say "right on" more often. :wtg:

also, an interview like this should never have taken 7-8 months to see fruition. not a lot of meat in it, but nice to hear marco a little. overall good job, i'm gonna give you a 7.2 outta 10.

Good news about taming and MF, although the down side is that the value of those skills will drop very fast once we see the VU, haha :)

Anyone who believes a Mod Fap has dropped in the last year is living in a dream world. It could never have been kept secret. To say one has dropped is just a lie.

Why would the skills value fall ? If everyone wants to reach a certain level to do "all the cool MF stuff", they wont skill up the normal way for sure... ;)

Marco just said he cannot comment on "You cannot answer how many modfap dropped last year?"

Marco just said he cannot comment on "You cannot answer how many modfap dropped last year?"

so he can not or don´t want to, because the answer would be zero :confused: :rolleyes:

but the faps are just a example for all things/items that are nice but "hurt" MA because they are faar to eco.

I am having the same problems as Jamhot...

Tried IE7, Firefox, I also tried copying the URL that 711 posted in my WMP with no sucess...

I also tried WinAmp with no sucess.

I could use some help as well.

Cheers :beerchug:

Same problem here.

Personally I am very (very, very, very) surprised that Marco, not only let slip but actually, willingly revealed the number of hours a person spends ingame a month. I have never seen any bigger size MMO ever reveal such a number. It's always "X number of subscribers" (the same route as Mindark held 98% of the time.)

@Konve

I`m pretty surprised Marco has a second avatar. :laugh:

I dunno, It revealed some things, but I still say that they are far too secretive about the whole process. I like to everything about something I invest alot of time/money in.

However, that said I am looking forward to the cry2 implementation.

Last edited:
My thought is....

...."Right on!"

... Seriously though, it was a good interview.
A little late, of course and I could only imagine the response this would have gotten if it was released in due time before the xmas events.
There was still some factors I was interested in though.

I do agree with Oleg regarding the follow-up questions,
but I also understand.
When you're sitting there in the 'heat of the action' you often dont think as in a normal conversation because mostly you're thinking ahead of yourself and onto the upcoming questions, you think like its a task and you dont let your guard down to make those questions and comments that you would during a normal conversation on a topic you're interested in.. If that makes sense to you.
Its even more stressful when its being recorded because then you'll have to be aware of all the things you say aswell, how you say it, how does it sound, how do I change subject etc... its easy to manipulate on paper, but not on recorded material.

Making well-prepared questions is really basic journalism but managing to follow them up throughout a interview takes training, even for those who are educated in it. Even if the follow-up is just a simple "elaborate please?" it tends to get lost.

Which often makes the interviewer kick themself when they go through the notes/recording later :laugh:

Last edited:
is this the interveiw he confirmed Melee amps are on the way... no ETA but they are coming!!! woot

is this the interveiw he confirmed Melee amps are on the way... no ETA but they are coming!!! woot
but Marco said "Yes", nothing else, or "probably" or whatever, something like that, a very simple answer which means: mayby 1 year later or 2 years later. Thats how I understood his answer. No need to hype :)

Which they also confirmed 2 years ago.:laugh: Dual wield was confirmed like 2 years ago also, 1 dagger in each hand.

As it is an old interview, where is the promised CE2-Twin-Peaks-Preview then ? ;p

As it is an old interview, where is the promised CE2-Twin-Peaks-Preview then ? ;p

Don't worry, I'm sure is coming...

Soon ;)

Copyright 2002-2008 MindArk, PE AB. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between MindArk and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, MindArk does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as MindArk will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

:laugh::laugh:

- Nightwolf

Quests 1 good point
Special weapon for special mob 1 bad point ( is alredy hard to swich armors when you swich mob to hunt )
1-1=0

Neutral opinion, wait and see... good to see live interview helps alot to understand thinks +1 point:)

Don't worry, I'm sure is coming...

Soon ;)

Copyright 2002-2008 MindArk, PE AB. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between MindArk and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, MindArk does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as MindArk will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

:laugh::laugh:

- Nightwolf

WOW! x'D ;)

Sooo, when is the end of time ? ;p

WOW! x'D ;)

Sooo, when is the end of time ? ;p

Maybe the end of the earth as we know it ?

Based on Dr.Who this would come close to the year 5 billion :D

Though I think he saved the day again. :laugh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_End_of_the_World_(Doctor_Who)

So who knows, starting to feel like one of those heads in a bottle in Futurama hooked up to Entropia Universe for all of time :eek:

Maybe I should not give Marco such ideas, I can already see him incorporating that into future plans.

Press Release : MindArk develops Neuro-Interface to work with timeless cerebrum support system. :D

OKay, now im getting worried..
It seems like MA promise Cryeninge too often and too soon..

And what happend to the VU's we kinda accepted lesser VUs as they were busy on Cryengine, but did they rather go to the local jason-pub? :mad:

We all got a little tired of this and that and Im already tired of posting it again and again. I wonder how MA can do that all the time ;p

*sigh* here we go :

- 17 DEC 2002 - "Vehicles are already roaming the test servers"
be a bus driver or maybe a heavy machinery operator. Or make a living hauling large quantities of ore.

- Frank_MindArk: Vehicles - we're currently looking at Q4 2007 - Q1 2008

- "PE will be constantly updated with very interesting content every 4 weeks"

- 23 NOV 2005 - VU 7.8 "Taming introduced"
- 22 JAN 2009 - Hello taming ?

ever wanted to own your pet Atrox and ride it off towards the sunset? This system makes it happen

-(Big) MindForce Update ? (announced 2004,2005,2006,2007,2008)
Click Me

- creating armours that can survive in space

- Build your own robot ?

- "We wanted to show Entropia with CryEngine2 technology on CES but..."
(statement as of january 2008)

- And why drop the Farmhand Alpha Tool at an auctioneer ?
- Where is the meat extractor ?
- Food Packs ?
- Beer ?

- The promised Video, Screenshots of known places and/or roadmap ?

We all got a little tired of this and that and Im already tired of posting it again and again. I wonder how MA can do that all the time ;p

*sigh* here we go : ....

Yeah What he said! (+Rep to McCormick)

.. and to add a little bit from the quote link in my signature:

The next VU will include a massive AI enhancement, which will make hunting more entertaining, as creatures will have sneaky behavior as well as herd mentality. The Berycled feels like Velociraptors from Jurassic Park, storming a house, climbing stairs, etc.
This was from waaaay back: 08-11-2006, 14:50

Last edited:

Alf says it is not perfect enough for a preview yet, and I trust his judgement. I am eager to show it but he is the one in charge of Calypso's visuals.

We are still consolidating as well as moving forward in a hectic pace.

Back