Thrusters - What?

The-Onciest

Prowler
Society
Global Alliance Guard
Onciest Dropkick Advrise
Alright, Space Thrusters to me are proving to be VERY mysterious. Why? Can anybody direct me to some information somewhere, where I can learn ANYTHING to do with a thruster?

Like, why the hell does it cost so much in the first place? Second. If the materials are simple and cheap... WHY THE HELL DOES IT COST SO MUCH? Third. If the crafters are ripping us off, WHY IS NOTHING BEING DONE BY IT? Where are all the honest people?

So, do they loot? Apparently the Light Thrusters can be found on the ground around Arkadia, do they respawn? Is someone just dropping them to spread rumors? Where can I find information to ANYTHING related to thrusters? Google and Entropedia suck at answering these questions.

Thanks.

~ That guy who's interested in Space Travel

A Space Thruster is a necessary attachment for Sleipnirs and Quad-Wing Interceptors so that they are capable of breaking and entering the atmosphere of a planet. They may be necessary for other ships as well, since they Unlimited versions were given to all pilots, who are destined to get other ships capable of planetfall.

As usual, with the introduction of brand new items, once the BPs dropped, the crafters of course started creating the first units for sale. I have no idea how much it cost for some of the crafters to perhaps buy the BPs, what the cost of the ingredients were, etc. But this is the same thing that happened with vehicles, so I'm not sure what the surprise is.

There are loads of thrusters on the auction that aren't selling, because once the first few people who wanted them got ahold of them, everyone else "did something about it", and refused to buy at the overinflated prices. I myself just chose to hop a ride into orbit with a pilot for a small fee, and will wait until the prices have stabilized before I buy.

I've also stumbled across a Space Thruster Light (L) while I was walking around CND, so yes apparently those are either spawning as fruit/stones/dung do or else someone from MA is walking around dropping single-use versions on the ground for lucky people to find.

Hope that helps.

From the VU 12.0 Release Notes found here...
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...213426-Entropia-Universe-12.0.0-Release-Notes

You can also leave space by flying with a small space ship towards a planet, currently only with either the Quad-Wing Interceptor or Sleipnir with a space thruster attached to it. The thruster is a small propulsive device used to facilitate speed travel. It is necessary when breaking through the stratosphere in both directions.

Note: When a thruster's health point is 10% from 0 you need to repair it (UL) to be able to use it or replace it (L).

Tip! You do not need the thruster to fly in space, so you can hitchike with someone else from a planet to a space station. Then spawn a VTOL from your Inventory and cruise around yourself.

Ah! Thanks a lot for the info man, hopefully I can find one walking around Arkadia. =]

But yeah I don't mind if they're expensive for now. I just don't like the idea of being ripped off for no reason.

Tip! You do not need the thruster to fly in space, so you can hitchike with someone else from a planet to a space station. Then spawn a VTOL from your Inventory and cruise around yourself.

This has been very interesting, i was yesterday asking myself why this pilot offer a trip to Arkadia Station. What can you do there? This is the answer.

This can be a service as old "trip to CND, Crystal Palace".

Thank you.

I just don't like the idea of being ripped off for no reason.

Oh welcome to Entropia Universe my friend! :laugh:

Where supply and demand gets a whole new meaning.

I just don't like the idea of being ripped off for no reason.

You are not being ripped off for no reason. You are being ripped off cause you wanna go to space!

Ah! Thanks a lot for the info man, hopefully I can find one walking around Arkadia. =]

But yeah I don't mind if they're expensive for now. I just don't like the idea of being ripped off for no reason.

Actually at the current MU they are not really a rip off. I crunched some numbers before buying my (L) thruster and it worked out to space travel costing half of what it used to.

the things needed prolly comes from diferent planets and so have to be moved since auction is no longer interplanetary, this adds to the markup.

The tp fee used to be 40PED.

a full tt thruster should have nearly 50 uses, meaning a cost of 20PED/takeoff if bought for 1000PED.

Get someone to pay half the cost to go with you (as VTOL has two seats) and you are down to 10PED/takeoff

Mu of thruster is ok.
Vehicle crafters lose alot peds, not posible to profit in normal way,all is tt food.In 24 hour of vehicle craft you lose min 2K peds in best case,only good (L) bp can save you(which only the luckiest get).
Travel to Rocktropia and back to calypso cost you 50 ped less then before,this mean that you save 1250 Ped.

Supply and demand, like IRL. There's nothing strange about the price of the thrusters.
If the demand will continue to rise and the supply will stay low, the price will rise. If the amount of supplyers grows and the demand stays where it is today, the price will drop...Pretty simple

Supply and demand, like IRL. There's nothing strange about the price of the thrusters.
If the demand will continue to rise and the supply will stay low, the price will rise. If the amount of supplyers grows and the demand stays where it is today, the price will drop...Pretty simple

what he said.

Space travel is actually a bargain (compared to what it was) even with the current MU of thrusters. This is because decay on a thruster is only .10 pec, so you're looking at these things lasting for quite awhile. With the current prices travel between planets/asteroids is about half compared to what it once was.

For example a trip to Arkadia costs half what it used to.

10 peds for thruster cost (.10peds * 10k%)
+ 2 ped atmosphere fee
+ 7 ped station to planet TP fee
+~1 ped oil gass cost

which is ~20 ped (12+2+7+1) as opposed to the old 40 peds.

Last edited:

Please remember that the ones u can find on the ground on Arkadia, if so, are good for only 1 use.

cheers
Naomi

Actually at the current MU they are not really a rip off. I crunched some numbers before buying my (L) thruster and it worked out to space travel costing half of what it used to.

Yes. If you pay 1K ped for a thruster good for 50 uses, getting off the planet costs 20 ped, so a round trip between two planets costs 20+7+20+7 or 54 PED. This is a savings of 32.5% compared to using the interplanetary teleporters.

Yes. If you pay 1K ped for a thruster good for 50 uses, getting off the planet costs 20 ped, so a round trip between two planets costs 20+7+20+7 or 54 PED. This is a savings of 32.5% compared to using the interplanetary teleporters.

The 7PED is only if you teleport from station to planet... can you not land for a simple 2PED fee if you have a thruster?

Also, remember that you can be two people splitting that same cost now :)

The 7PED is only if you teleport from station to planet... can you not land for a simple 2PED fee if you have a thruster?

Also, remember that you can be two people splitting that same cost now :)

You can, but doesn't the thruster decay each time its used? In that case its (after markup) 22 ped to land. If thrusters decay when going from station to ground, the thruster cost will need to be less than 250 ped to land instead of teleporting down.

If it does not decay when going station -> ground, then sure, that's 5 ped more savings.

When comparing new prices with the old TP ones, I think you have to factor in the chances of being PK'd and reviving back at your starting space station; i.e extra Oil, and repairs. That's even if you're not carrying anything lootable.
And if you get killed several times, you may not be able to travel at all, and if you want to continue playing you have to return to your starting planet, wasting all your Ped.

For example a round trip to foma costs less than half what it used to.

12 peds for thruster cost (.10peds * 12k%)
+ 2ped atmosphere fee
+ 7 ped station to planet TP fee
+~1 ped oil gass cost

which is ~22 ped (12+2+7+1) round trip

Are you counting the 2 Ped atmosphere fee to land on FOMA or to return? If to return, it is alternative to the 7 Ped TP fee, but also incurs a thruster cost. So for one person the total is 20 Ped, for 2 people 27 Ped (same cost via flight or TP).
Isn't the TP fee from FOMA 25 Ped, from CP 17.5 Ped? Using the TP avoids lootable space, presumably that is why the FOMA and CP fees are so high (and is obviously instantaneous).

Last edited:
The tp fee used to be 40PED.

a full tt thruster should have nearly 50 uses, meaning a cost of 20PED/takeoff if bought for 1000PED.

Get someone to pay half the cost to go with you (as VTOL has two seats) and you are down to 10PED/takeoff

20 ped for takoff + 2 ped to exit is kind of ok considering those with UL thrusters ask 25 + 2 up. Just dont be stupid and rather use the TP back down to planet and pay 7 ped then pay another 22PED

20 ped for takoff + 2 ped to exit is kind of ok considering those with UL thrusters ask 25 + 2 up. Just dont be stupid and rather use the TP back down to planet and pay 7 ped then pay another 22PED

1) Does it actually take a fee when leaving the planet? Thought that was just a "landing fee"?
2) Does the thruster decay when landing too, cuz I thought it didn't :)

Are you counting the 2 Ped atmosphere fee to land on FOMA or to return? If to return, it is alternative to the 7 Ped TP fee, but also incurs a thruster cost. So for one person the total is 20 Ped, for 2 people 27 Ped (same cost via flight or TP).
Isn't the TP fee from FOMA 25 Ped, from CP 17.5 Ped? Using the TP avoids lootable space, presumably that is why the FOMA and CP fees are so high (and is obviously instantaneous).

FOMA has no atmosphere landing fee, I guess FOMA was basically a space station to begin with :D. To TP from FOMA directly to Calypso is 25 ped (Sorry I thought this was 7 ped to "TP from Space to Planet", seems they updated the content list, it says it's 17.5 ped. Edit: I just verified myself porting down from FOMA it is in fact 25ped) so it would be ~37 ped the safe way and 22 PED if you flew through PVP, even using the TP it is cheaper than before (And getting still cheaper with thruster prices plumetting.)

Last edited:
The cheapest buyout for a full TT (L) thruster is right now 368 ped. And there is a whole bunch of thrusters in the 368-385 range (a page at least). This makes the cost of getting to space be less than 8 PED.

EDIT: nevermind, I missed that their was a third page to this thread so didn't read it

Who needs a thruster?

They have thrusters. Right at the end of the video rofl!

But yeah, does it decay when you enter into the planets atmosphere?

Again, thanks everyone! I'm seriously excited about buying a thruster, I just want to know all there is to why it costs the price it does. I kind of hate the feeling of buying something for 500 ped and have it result to 150 ped lol. Anyways, SERIOUSLY! Thank you! I am a little dyslexic when it comes to gathering information in my head. >.< When it's all laid out like this, it helps A LOT.

I incurred the same decay entering atmo as I did breaking it. And as others have said, there's the 2 PED per craft entry fee.

I've seen Space Thruster Light (L) on auction with 0.09 and 0.08 ped TT remaining. This leads me to conjecture that they decay at about 0.01 per trip, and would give around 9 uses, rather than just one, making the people bidding over 100 ped for them not as terribly unwise as I thought. Can anyone verify? Thanks.

Professor Latha Serevi

Back