Tier rates, total inconsistency or my ignorance...

Chazlow

Alpha
Society
Kaos
Chaz
Simple question with possibly a simple answer but discussion is more than welcome...

I have a M3a (L) which is Tier 10.. the tier rates at each tier were astronomical around 1k-3k each. I now have a dainty P3a (L) with tier rates which are between 500 and 750 each trying to get to Tier 10 (wish me luck).

Are the rates at each Tier level consistent with their numbering?

ie: to get to tier 1 rate indicates 700, Tier two is 700...should they take the same amount of TT use to tier up?

Or

Does each Tier level have a missing factor that is not included in the Tier rate numbers

is: Tier 1 at 700 takes 1 PED TT, Tier 2 at 700 takes 1(x2) = 2 PED TT

Currently 'stuck' at tier 3.3 which interestingly is chewing up all the TT and has a tier rate almost double that of the previous tier that increased quite rapidly...This also occured while tiering the M3a.

What is the point of indicating Tier rates if they are not indicative of the actual rate increase?! Sure there is an element of random behaviour in obtaining a tier increase but its getting a little ridiculous. I want consistency...

Im ranting..lol..time to stop and let those with the knowledge enlighten me.

Last edited:
each level (i think i read) is harder to reach ie 300 on tier 1 is not the same as 300 on tier 2.

Thanks, that explains one issue. :)

More importanlty, when accounting to for the 'Tier factor' the tiering ceases mid-Tier and that higher Tiers increase quicker than lower ones with similar tier rates.

Would be nice to have an official comment on this phenomenon without sending a support ticket. (anyone...anyone...)

Hope im not making a mountain out of a mole hill but is it safe to assume that Tiering of (L) weapons is of not much interest to the common player. I see it as an opportunity for those at lower skill levels or shallow pockets to have more 'capable' items earlier in the EU experience.... and no....i am not talking PvP with regards to weaponry.

They are not consistent at all imho.

I have an item which has tier rate +-100.
At some point it took me 6 full repairs to increase 0.1.

The next tier rate was lower and took me .... 1 click.
And I also feel that MA keeps slowing them down

Just my subjective experience.

Atami

Seems to be the same like loot, DYMANIC

Yeah it is inconsistent. I can go to the TT and buy 20 different opalos, and ALL of them have different rates. In fact I did, and I settled on one with tier rates between 120 and 170.

I would've thought that each different weapon had a set tiering rate. And personally, I dont see the point in the L tiering system, By the time you get any decent advantage, the gun is almost dead! Maybe if you recieved L items at random tiers to start off with, rather then decaying the gun to get any benefit, in which the effort is wasted.

Back