To have or not to have skills

davlui

Provider
Society
TUSALUSA
davlui divad lui
Im confused about the skills in the game, the skills count to anything or its one more way to take our money and time?
Lately what i see its noobs with TT material taking big HOF someones near ATH's then i see ppl with many skills with big toys losing big amount of peds every day and dont get nothing.
So the question is the skills count or not??

thx to all

Davlui

yes, they count, but you have to use them right, and use the right ones.
ofc, luck is always a factor when it comes to big hits..
skills don't determine your luck/loot, but they determine what you can do reasonably, without wasting more PED than you'll be able to win back..

Im confused about the skills in the game, the skills count to anything or its one more way to take our money and time?
Lately what i see its noobs with TT material taking big HOF someones near ATH's then i see ppl with many skills with big toys losing big amount of peds every day and dont get nothing.
So the question is the skills count or not??

thx to all

Davlui

U answered it allready ;)

like in horse racing... one can be lucky but the ones with knowledge will win in the end.

Skills help in the sense of "unlocking", but not profit-wise.

Unlocking, as of making progress in using/maxing L guns, L faps, L tools, etc. and as of getting able to kill bigger mobs (due to better evade and hp).

But if u dont plan to go really big, big skills is a pure waste. And: dont expect big profig while hunting big mobs... its still the noobs who ath on them .)

Buck.

The way I look at skills is mostly from an economy PoV: They allow me to hunt longer for the same amount of money. Theoretically this should mean I also have a better chance of scoring big, but for some odd reason this hasn't happened yet... :scratch: :scratch2:

The only other use for skills is in PK. More skills let you use bigger weapons, bigger FAP's, and give you more HP. This all results in more survivablity. (But it's all relative, as Star is happy to explain to you at the rig :laugh:)

Well skills will never guarantee an ATH.

They do however help you utilize equipment more efficiently which can save you ped while you play. I also think skills open more doors of opportunity for people. In some instances if you have the right skill set you can take advantage of certain opportunities that arise that other less skilled players can not or at the very least the lesser skilled players cannot maximize that advantage when it pops up.

IMHO its not just about having high skills and waiting for that success to fall into your lap its about knowing when, where, and how to utilize your skills to your advantage. If an ATH happens in that process.......well that is just icing on the cake.

more skills = more unlocked skills = more points to different skills = "less" loosing.. coz u get more back on skills when u have more unlocked shit..

It's amazing how much cheaper it is to hunt at e.g. Crystal Palace with 150 hp and level 30 Evader than it is with 100 hp and level 15 Evader. If you subscribe to the idea that hunting loot is (on average) based on damage done, that means it gets easier to break even in the same activity with more skills. It certainly doesn't improve luck of big hits, though. And everyone goes through down periods--and almost everyone gets peevish and negative during that period.

As everyone else said, more skills will allow you to use equipment with greater turnover, and use that equipment more efficiently.

In terms of hunting, higher skills lets you move up to guns that do more damage/time at more damage/cost, so ideally(but probably not realistically) the eco you move up to will make your profit ratio higher(*cough* itll probably still be under 1 though haha), and the turnover will increase profit(or loss)/time

opalo - turnoever 15ped in ammo/decay an hour, pull in 5% profit
opalo/a101 - turnover 18ped in ammo/decay an hour, pull in 8% profit
(not real numbers)

Excuse my over-explanation

Oh yea, evasion skills are awesome

One big thing is though, you can sell skills. So gaining skills is just like making profit, its just a little harder to liquidate them (esi is expensive :( )
In fact, the skills you gain are a significant portion of the money you'll pull in, don't forget that.

Do you like rpgs? If not then uhm... maybe a different game is appropriate for you

Skills do matter of course!
You can't kill a hogglo with TT stuff so you can't ATH in no way without skills.
Ubers are not ubers because of the big toys and fat armor, but because of their high skills. Chipped or not - skills are needed to use big guns and FAPs. Without big gun you cannot loot an ATH mob. And you'll have to chase those legendary uberloot-snables with your Opalo :D

Use (L) guns that are maxed and you will find the meaning of skills, imagine having all the normal Blp rilfes maxed ingame, like my Doa it just keeps getting better and better :)

Skills do allow you to use more powerful and often more eco weapons. It's a known fact though that the efficiency and eco you gain from higher skills will never beat the crappy-loot-stamp on your ava. I couldn't care less about having 10/10 on any weapon since the loot you get every hunt doesn't even cover half the money spent on ammo.

High skills/eco is for the few lucky ones that haven't unlocked serendipity or even MMS and get a few 10k+ HOF and they don't need the skills or the eco.

I'm chipping out :yay:

Last edited:
More skills = you can gamble faster with more money :yay:

Its like if common slot machine wouldnt let you stuff more than a dime each pull - but then when you gamble enough it will let you put in 10 dollar bills to keep you interested.

I.

P.S.

Gambling more money - doesnt mean winning more money. It just means you have more thrill and higher stakes :D theres no guarantee that idiot beside you wont get a jackpot on his first pull even tho you put in 1000s of $$

Without big gun you cannot loot an ATH mob. And you'll have to chase those legendary uberloot-snables with your Opalo :D

Thats total BS man... before they nerfed ATH list, it was like this

1. daspletor 90k
2. Hog 80k
3. Chomper 60k
4-25 were all atrox young mature and old ATH

EVERYTHING ath's, just easier mobs ATH much less.. Lyst ATH's so why would atrox not ATH

ATH is just a huge hof, difficulty of mob has nothing to do with it, how many people hunt that mob has everything to do with it

With enough of the right skills, ill hunt daspletor with no armor no fap and ill kill it with my dick, so your point about needing a big gun to be able to hunt huge mobs ,which are the only ones that ATH, is really frickin far from anything i consider reality

Thats total BS man... before they nerfed ATH list, it was like this

1. daspletor 90k
2. Hog 80k
3. Chomper 60k
4-25 were all atrox young mature and old ATH

EVERYTHING ath's, just easier mobs ATH much less.. Lyst ATH's so why would atrox not ATH

ATH is just a huge hof, difficulty of mob has nothing to do with it, how many people hunt that mob has everything to do with it
Not exactly. There seems to still be a HP requirement to the size of the HOF. A Snable is never going to ATH.

With enough of the right skills, ill hunt daspletor with no armor no fap and ill kill it with my dick
Somehow I doubt this.

so your point about needing a big gun to be able to hunt huge mobs ,which are the only ones that ATH, is really frickin far from anything i consider reality
Using your genitals ((L) anyone?) is also somewhat hard to imagine. Unless the mob in question is your girlfiend. :D

With enough of the right skills, ill hunt daspletor with no armor no fap and ill kill it with my dick, so your point about needing a big gun to be able to hunt huge mobs ,which are the only ones that ATH, is really frickin far from anything i consider reality

Thats all good about the ATH thing, we all have a chanse to get a ATH, but how much DMG/sec do you pack in youre undies?

To hunt eco you need to do right DMG there is no idea to use something small like the avrage male genital for the fast regen mobs. To kill a big Trox whit a lets say P5 is possible but that Trox will have alot of time to heal, whit something bigger like MY genitals that same Trox will get more DMG/sec and will not heal that much. So I will not spend as much ammo on regenerated life as some whit the smaller weapon, and that way will use less peds for the same kill. And in a longer hunt will be abel to kill more mobs and that way might winn more or loose more thats up to luck.

And to kill fast is good for other things to if you give any mob time to hit you over and over you will get decay on Fap and armour.

The only thing that is not to recomend is to kill to small to fast, but i do not think to many of the EU players do over kills. Like hunting Young male snables whit a high dmg (L) gun whit high markup. Thats a waste of peds.

P.S. Daspletors is not for hunting whit small guns you have to be abel to atlest put a dent in that mob i realy think you need skills to use bigger guns fo that, but a Dasp is not a guaranted Hof thats right.

Hi to all
I understand that skills its crucial to deal with big guns, but look at mining i know ppl with no skills at all in mining and with tt stuff and with that pulls out a tower ppl like me wo drops 300000000000000000000000000bombs until now and 1 (404 blausarium) HOF, now you going to say ok he have luck and i don't, but skills count or not without any skills with tt stuff hit a tower and me and others with TIK120 TIK220 many times with amps and a lot of skills dont find anything good just crap.

P.S.- i know i person ho made a new ava and in 3 weeks hw manage to get 3 good HOF, that all luck????

P.S.2 - I think many ppl who put money in the game are quiting and MA needs to grab new ppl so why not to give some HOF's to noob ppl and then wait to see if he or she puts money in the game (like on baby give him a sugar and he wants more give him something bad and he dont want's more).Just my 2pecs.

thx

One big thing is though, you can sell skills. So gaining skills is just like making profit, its just a little harder to liquidate them (esi is expensive :( )
In fact, the skills you gain are a significant portion of the money you'll pull in, don't forget that.

If it wasnt for the skills I would have had zero of all my deposits, perhaps a few 100 bucks of my gear, but that would be it.

More skills = you can gamble faster with more money :yay:

Its like if common slot machine wouldnt let you stuff more than a dime each pull - but then when you gamble enough it will let you put in 10 dollar bills to keep you interested.

I.

P.S.

Gambling more money - doesnt mean winning more money. It just means you have more thrill and higher stakes :D theres no guarantee that idiot beside you wont get a jackpot on his first pull even tho you put in 1000s of $$

Amen brother ;) (still waiting for my chipped out noob hof or ath, always good to dream)

To be honest I`ll take loot over skills anyday. Loot is what we want. Skills are the placeholder when loot sucks. "Hey at least I got skills!" Skills do make you more eco. That is if you play within your skills. So having skills depends on how you play I guess. Because we all know they are not essentail to profiting in all instances. Skills or not you still have to be lucky to hit the good loot. But skills let you more efficiently use items that will increase your chance of finding something good as we see with mining. Then again I had skills and the best finders in game. That is until the (L) stuff came along and now my used to be best finder got nerfed to where I can`t find the rare stuff easily or at all anymore. So are skills really that important aside from immediate eco gains considering they can be nerfed at any time and luck can trump skills at any given moment? Personally I think skills are overated inthe current system. But that probably suits MA just fine. A carrot to dangle keeping hopes up when in reality it`s luck that we are really after. They make you feel better in the short term and may save you PED in the long term. But overall with all skills and no luck you are as good as dead. Making chasing skills another of the many guaranteed ways to lose your ass as opposed to the much fewer guaranteed ways to profit. The question could have easily been "To have loot or not to have loot".

Hi to all
I understand that skills its crucial to deal with big guns, but look at mining i know ppl with no skills at all in mining and with tt stuff and with that pulls out a tower ppl like me wo drops 300000000000000000000000000bombs until now and 1 (404 blausarium) HOF, now you going to say ok he have luck and i don't, but skills count or not without any skills with tt stuff hit a tower and me and others with TIK120 TIK220 many times with amps and a lot of skills dont find anything good just crap.

Im not a miner, but the larger finders makes it posible to find more rare resources right?
so send out 10 people with Uber finders looking for Uber resources, this wont let to many large finds.
Send 2000 people out with TT stuff and all goes for lyst, some wont find anything and some will HOF.
I thought mining was all about finding the field that gives constant good resources so you can profit from markup, not to profit from a big HOF, but maby that was just me.

I thought mining was all about finding the field that gives constant good resources so you can profit from markup, not to profit from a big HOF, but maby that was just me.

Yeah its about watching the market knowing what is paying a good % and finding it to take advantage of more demand than supply. This is IMO a long term thinking in mining because as your skills grow you can react fast to opportunities that arise and utilize all the toolsets to make your day by day profitable and when the big loot finally comes your way then you are ahead of the ball game so to speak.

Now by all means you can play EU very risky by performing activities with less economy and less likelyhood to react to the markets but there is no guarantee you will find a tower no matter what level you are at. Its like condition crafting its risky but the rewards can be nice if you get them.

I try to play EU and mitigate my loss so I can play longer on the money I deposit while keeping as many opportunity doors open for myself.

There are no set rules to EU and people are free to participate in EU as they like they just need to realize not every risky endevour will yield a tower, ATH, or nice item in your loot. I have seen far to many threads in EU about people complaining they lost thousands of dollars in a few days only to find out they were playing at high risk which left them :confused:

Back