Triton Industries - Huge Success...

True Juan

Marauder
Society
Cz-Sk Crows
True TJ Juan
Congratulations to Mindark on selling 6640 shares so far :woot:

For 10000 USD you can throw a pretty good christmas party at your office :)

True :bandit:

P.S.
I really dont understand how people buy for 15, when in a week their investment will be worth 30% less.
NTI suddenly looks like a agreat investment if its down "ONLY" 20% in 2 years...

I'll be honest I am surprised they didn't immediately sell out like last time, I guess people finally learned and at the same time it restored my faith in humanity a bit.

Lets see how they will sell once the price actually starts to get dumped. Even at 10p each it feels like a risqué entry price due to the fact that MA didn't disclose the roi. We will see come monday and even then its very speculative due to the fact that mayhem just started.

NTI however certainly is a very good investment at the current price. 😎

enjoy my $1.53! :sneaky:

Lets see how they will sell once the price actually starts to get dumped. Even at 10p each it feels like a risqué entry price due to the fact that MA didn't disclose the roi. We will see come monday and even then its very speculative due to the fact that mayhem just started.
they are worth like 3.5p each Mathematically speaking. It's embarrassing honestly.

Guess Deathifier is not buying them like the last time. ;)

I truly hope this will fail badly, on other side i am afraid there is lot of dumb ppl between us and they will sell once they hit 10 ped.

I'm still waiting for things to get so bad that even P.T.Barnum is proven wrong.
Been thinking about the midnight addition. I assume none will sell because the offer was placed later, and then the first batch is also the first to go down a ped in price, so will continue to be the batch that is slowly eaten away until everything is priced at 10.
Then in 3 months some will be priced at below 10 :p 'cough' ...

Those people who bought first thought it was all going to be sold within first 10 minutes. We shall see how many more will be left once its worth 10 ped. Imo MA should keep lowering price until like 5 ped each if they ever hope to sell them all.

people are saving their ped for ammo for mayhem... they're going to sell eventually lol just give it time it hasnt even been 24 hrs and mayhem started today...

I mean someone keeps buying AG shares and propping the price above 9.5ped on the back of a lowly 3% return so why shouldn't these sell out XD

What are Triton Industries shares?

giphy.gif

i mean seriously lol

Hi Mac.
I wouldn't worry to much about them until the price drops for 15 ped down to 10 ped each.
Even then i would think hard about an investment.
I may not be seeing something obvious though.
:)

Reactions: Mac
Is Triton Industries not a part of Calypso? Going not a part of the Money in to the Calypso Land Deeds?

In an environment where not even the correct meaning of the word 'turnover' is applied, as seen in the case where CLDs paid out nothing because they apparently made no profit due to bonuses to participants in a Mayhem some time ago, I doubt that any clarifications will come.
The best I have been able to go on over the years is that MA takes a share of everything and PPs get a share of what they own, plus a percentage for activity by players 'born' on their planet. PPs may sell off parts of their share for special land areas on their planets, and these are what we mostly see in the shares exchange.
An exception is CLDTs, which supposedly covers ALL action on Calypso, not just specific LAs.

My understanding is that for NTI, Caly owns none of it at all now because half of what they had goes to player CLDTs (from when they sold half of Calypso) and the other half is the half they sold off as NTI shares. Thus, from NTI, 'revenue' goes to MA, players with CLDTs, players with NTI shares, plus some unknown amounts to the 'planet born' and some other affiliates hanging around in the system.

My assumption is that Triton Island is a similar selloff by Caly pp of its remaining half ownership, so CLDTs are again unaffected. BUT, I HAVE NOT seen clarification of all of these streams, so it is only my understanding - and that it is mathematically possible to cut up the pie as I have described, and the history of this cutting up.

The Unreal shares that are due at some point are from the MA ownership side, so will be 1% or whatever of that revenue stream across the entire platform. Again, other shares will be unaffected as I understand it.

Hope this helps, but I don't plan on buying any even to track payouts on this one. Well, maybe one and thus I'd be paying a 25 pec fee on it. But at least I wouldn't be harming any player seller as has already been talked about, as it's the initial sale and not p2p.

My understanding is that for NTI, Caly owns none of it at all now
this alone, if true, is a good reason to buy none of it

if MA has no skin in the game once they move the shares, you bought a static spawn that will probably never get updates

they also would have every incentive to make some new, better content elsewhere where they still have a revshare, to lure players away. you couldn't even run the island as a LA with taxes to cover some kind of second-tier gamification like goldgrinder does. you just bought shares in a vending machine that MA may or may not ever restock.

Well, MA still has the rev share directly as the platform owner, but in terms of the MA-owned Caly part, that would now be all gone to players.
It seems that they have paid some attention to NTI spawns now, but cynics or realists can assume it is only an extremely half-hearted attempt at making such land areas more appealing so that they can sell off more, such as Triton at the moment.

I agree about the incentive problem, but looking on the bright side 'cough'... if not all the shares sell, as with Next Island's Ancient Greece, then the pp still gets the revenues off unsold shares it still holds :p

The luring of players has long been a problem for pps too, when events lure towards Caly or its 'instances' for many weeks a year now. So it's not just the incentive away from land areas that a pp has sold off or partially sold off.

Last edited:
Well, MA still has the rev share directly as the platform owner, but in terms of the MA-owned Caly part, that would now be all gone to players.
It seems that they have paid some attention to NTI spawns now, but cynics or realists can assume it is only an extremely half-hearted attempt at making such land areas more appealing so that they can sell off more, such as Triton at the moment.

I agree about the incentive problem, but looking on the bright side 'cough'... if not all the shares sell, as with Next Island's Ancient Greece, then the pp still gets the revenues off unsold shares it still holds :p

The luring of players has long been a problem for pps too, when events lure towards Caly or its 'instances' for many weeks a year now. So it's not just the incentive away from land areas that a pp has sold off or partially sold off.
fair point. caly being the center of trade and most platform-wide events. pretty close to 3 months per year, isn't it?

I think it might be a bit too early to make conclusions because most people know that the price is going to drop to 10 in a few days, maybe they're waiting for that to happen in order to buy. It's also weird that some chose to buy beforehand @15, maybe they don't read announcements?

I also think, and this is my personal opinion, that MA is expecting the top botters who made a small fortune each from 24/7 hunting during TWEN to invest some of their profits into these shares, because this is a project they are passionate about, want to support and be part of. This did not happen so far, maybe they're waiting for the price to drop to 10, so we'll see.

I think it might be a bit too early to make conclusions because most people know that the price is going to drop to 10 in a few days, maybe they're waiting for that to happen in order to buy. It's also weird that some chose to buy beforehand @15, maybe they don't read announcements?

I also think, and this is my personal opinion, that MA is expecting the top botters who made a small fortune each from 24/7 hunting during TWEN to invest some of their profits into these shares, because this is a project they are passionate about, want to support and be part of. This did not happen so far, maybe they're waiting for the price to drop to 10, so we'll see.
Too be fair with the ybers... i dont think they are that stupid to invest their millions of winnings during TWEN in these useless shares. They gain 10x more by renting out their arsenal than to buying Mindarks shares of a useless island.

These shares are for players who are new and dont know anything about the game or economics.

Ybers dont support the game by buying shares, the support mindark with grinding and decay.
And to think ybers would be investing into shares just out of love or goodwill towards the game is just wishfull thinking.

These shares are for players who are new and dont know anything about the game or economics.

Ybers dont support the game by buying shares, the support mindark with grinding and decay.
And to think ybers would be investing into shares just out of love or goodwill towards the game is just wishfull thinking.
Maybe they won't, or maybe some of them will, we don't know who invests in what, but I can definitely tell you just from reading this forum thet they will tell everybody else to invest regardless of wether they do it themselves or not, and this does not apply to everyone ofc, people are different. New players don't bring that kind of money into the game usually, the most common deposit for starters I assume is the starter pack - 10-15 USD. The point of this sale might not just be a cash grab, but to reduce the TT value sitting ingame because it shows as a liability in their papers. Shares have 0 TT value, that means 0 liability. Also MA does not withdraw its own PED, this notion is silly.

it's a bit off topic but i'm still salty about all the botting that went on during that time. i had several players, including one uber or semi-uber, straight up AFK-bot in the most obnoxious way possible smack dab in the middle in one of the most popular spawns on toulan, for weeks. aggravated me because they were overkilling everything including mobs i had shots in. disrupted play and also collapsed the MU on tokens so fast that it wasn't long before twen was effectively done. i'm halfway between "can't beat em join em, maybe everyone should just bot all the time" and just quitting.

Breaking News: Those that bought at 15peds/share lost 6.67% of their investment today.
:cheer::cheer::cheer:
BREAKING NEWS: MindArk is doing exactly the thing they announced by slowly reducing the price of shares until it reaches 10p!

who would've known!?!?!?

/s

Back