Truth about RIGA Team????

Lensman...

E.E. Doc Smith. Thousands of pages of politically incorrect glorious classic space opera.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lensman_series

:wtg:

Wikipedia said:
In 2008, Ron Howard's Imagine Entertainment and Universal Pictures began negotiations with the author's estate for rights to film the Lensman series. The negotiations are for an 18-month renewable option. I[3] At the WonderCon convention in San Francisco in February 2008, J. Michael Straczynski confirmed that Howard had acquired the rights, and hinted that he was involved in the project.[4] On June 17, 2008, Straczynski wrote that he had begun work on the project.

Sweet

Last edited:
i swear i thought this was a two year old necro bumped thread, then i read the actual date. lol.

seems sometimes a new thread can be a brand new necro!!!

a little forum search would have found prolly at least 10 threads on this exact same subject. hell, i made one last year (or so asking MA for a resolution to the locked LAs)

no big deal, but i have to laugh. it is like the 'omg, i found a tower in the desert' or 'omg, a mob train is invading Port Atlantis' threads. harmless, but pointless.

Those people are banned for the use of hunting bot's yeah. But MA told us many times that the case is still under investigation, that can mean they have a hard job in providing evidence so they keep it under investigation to prevent those players going to court or something like that.

If this is not true, why haven't those players got a permanent ban?

Those people are banned for the use of hunting bot's yeah. But MA told us many times that the case is still under investigation, that can mean they have a hard job in providing evidence so they keep it under investigation to prevent those players going to court or something like that.

If this is not true, why haven't those players got a permanent ban?

All this is possible.. I heard all the storys all the threads... If i had to guess those new EULA rules had to do somthing about this.. Time will tell and none of us will ever know.. Only the people knowing them personaly or MA themselves. They won't talk and why should they? IMO this is something that will go down with people losing thousands of $'s even if they did use bot's but I bet MA can't prove it.. If they could it would be over by now... Not saying now they couldnt prove a new user doing it.. but then it looks like they fucked up... :)

It's really not that hard to spot a likely bot if you are intent on doing so--things like hunting 24x7 and completely deterministic behavior.
That only makes me think that CP is full of bots...
Come to think of it, that would most propably be the best place to run such a bot, no moving required (atleast not that much), and the next target is rather easy to find.

If i had to guess those new EULA rules had to do somthing about this..

True. But how banned player would open game to accept new EULA? So it looks like they are bind with old EULA from years ago? Isn't it?

If MA lifted the ban would the have to back date all the land TAX's that the aviitar's were due ?

Man after all this time that would damage the loot pool for a while :(
No wonder MA has kept the accounts locked that way then can delay the fall out or even work out some form of deal with the avitars (out of court on the hush hush).

I wonder how MA found out though, maybe they can see if people are logged on for a very long period of time and track them down.

I don't think that is a valid reason to ban someone.

AFAIK it is not against the EULA to let someone else play on your account while you are at home for example.

I could let my brother play during the night and play myself during the day or something. Then again, I would never do that because he doesn't know how to play PE. And entrust someone with my account? Nonono. Security Breach Code Red!

Then we of course have the Jolt Cola addicts that can easily sit for 72 hours straight playing before they collapse. That is called: No-lifers.

But letting someone else play while you sleep and lacking a life isn't against the EULA I hope.

Man, I would be screwed if I could be banned for not having a life! :ahh:

True. But how banned player would open game to accept new EULA? So it looks like they are bind with old EULA from years ago? Isn't it?

To get to a login screen to see the banned message you must have a fully patched client with the up to date EULA

Posted via Mobile Device

Ok, I didn't read the rest of the posts but just to clear the names of people that were actually in Riga Team, I would like to say it wasn't Riga Team, but a former society called Calypso Conquerors.

Secondly, The rumor has it(speculation), that it was some sort of hunting macro but its not nice to draw conclusions unless you know the absolute truth.

In the end man, Worry about yourself and not others, and have fun man. Who cares.:cool:

Iirc, 3 members of Riga team were banned: Honorman, HunterZ and Nostrop. Honorman may have been cleared later (although he's still lame for all the RT killing he did a couple LG's ago).

But letting someone else play while you sleep and lacking a life isn't against the EULA I hope.

i think you'll find it is. not allowed to give your acaccount details to someone else. i suppose logging them in and leaving them to it is bit gray.

anyway, as pointed out before, MA implemented some little tricks one VU to catch out bots, you had to shuffle your postion or the hit rate would go in the toilet. i still do this and not sure it was ever removed entirely.

i think you'll find it is. not allowed to give your acaccount details to someone else. i suppose logging them in and leaving them to it is bit gray.

anyway, as pointed out before, MA implemented some little tricks one VU to catch out bots, you had to shuffle your postion or the hit rate would go in the toilet. i still do this and not sure it was ever removed entirely.

Yes, you are allowed to let others use your account/give them details. I believe MA's official position is that it is not recommended, and they aren't liable for anything that happens if you do.

You have proof for that ?

Yes, you are allowed to let others use your account/give them details. I believe MA's official position is that it is not recommended, and they aren't liable for anything that happens if you do.

You are indeed allowed to let other ppl play with your avatar.
Funny that the same discussion (banned bot users) is still going on after 2,5 years and MA still havent given any official statement about it :rolleyes:

Iirc, 3 members of Riga team were banned: Honorman, HunterZ and Nostrop. Honorman may have been cleared later (although he's still lame for all the RT killing he did a couple LG's ago).

My knowledge is bit different.
banned was honorman(maybe,not sure) hunterz,nonstrop,andy denisoff and manic,maybe one or two more. manic was taken as innocent after investigations.rest of them is still locked.
and yes,that manic nowadays in warants.... but when ma say hes innocent i have to agree with em ;)
that reminds me, not only riga team were botters,but also a calypso conquerors,at least from rumors what i heard.maybe someone can prove?

Yeah. I mean, if I am crafting or drilling up a 700 ped lyst claim and want to go to to the bathroom for a looong break and let my 9 year old cousin do the clicking (free children work... hehehe), I see no reason to be banned for this.

On the other hand, I would be pretty mad if I found 18k ped of Thyroid Oil on the ground next to me as I came back and saw my cousin with a big smile on her face for figuring out how to do :laugh:

banned was honorman(maybe,not sure) hunterz,nonstrop,andy denisoff and manic,maybe one or two more. manic was taken as innocent after investigations.rest of them is still locked.
and yes,that manic nowadays in warants.... but when ma say hes innocent i have to agree with em ;)
that reminds me, not only riga team were botters,but also a calypso conquerors,at least from rumors what i heard.maybe someone can prove?

Tralalala... move along, nothing to see here.
Just didnt get near enough coffee this morning :)

Last edited:
Ok,

Couple of things.

I had a running support case with MA over logging in to the site beeing sufficient enough for keeping your account active.

Got a mixed response from them on it.

support case 1.

Got a answer, but thought I might refine the q a bit.
Support case 2

Which did not really fall in line with the earlier answer.

Couple of points raised in this thread.

As long as the banned players have not tried to update their game since it has happend they wont have accepted new EULA´s.

if they did update and try to log in with their accounts they have accepted the EULA.

Altough u can always fight that by saying you did not accepted it but someone else did and then u went to log in your avatar or try to log in your avatar.

So thats hardly something to worry about.

As to what to do with those LA`s and all items on the avatars.
Considering the enormous value these id assume that MindArk will never purge any items on these accounts but the accounts wont be made playable again. Thus refusing those people access to it, but not removing them for their ownership.
They got every right to deny people acces to there game, Actually deleting those items, or releasing it back might prove alot tougher without getting funds to these players.

So either they get opened up or it will stay like this. And I highly doubt they will get opened up.

Might not be in the best intrested of all players, but it will cetainly keep the shit from hittin the fan for mindark, and therefor also benefit us I think.

These people have been very stupid, and they know it.
And I think a great example has been set that botting in this game wont bring u anything as u have to risk to much.

Botting for evade and what not is just stupid as the gains are terrible and will eat more money in electricity then ull erver make doing it... (Not totally true, But there is no bread in it) Doesnt happen alot, and I doubt it will.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/files/6/6/2/naamloos_416746.JPG

this is an interesting subject. This is part of our Entropian history, these events will be remembered in years to come... dont forget the past, it defines who we are today.

That only makes me think that CP is full of bots...
Come to think of it, that would most propably be the best place to run such a bot, no moving required (atleast not that much), and the next target is rather easy to find.

Well that's just a likely bot--it would take a computer program to catch a computer program by matching completely deterministic behavior. Or observing a 3rd-party program that "interacts" with the EU process...

I agree with you though: there are some players at CP that are disturbingly close to bots. :laugh:

All this story is weird imo...

Last edited:
I agree with you though: there are some players at CP that are disturbingly close to bots. :laugh:

i'd say there are some with an unnatural ability to move from the revive half way back down the tunnel and you have to wonder were the process stops...

I'v sure learned some history here today :) thanks all

this is an interesting subject. This is part of our Entropian history, these events will be remembered in years to come... dont forget the past, it defines who we are today.

Very.....deep.

May i have some of the stuff you're smoking? :cool:

i'd say there are some with an unnatural ability to move from the revive half way back down the tunnel and you have to wonder were the process stops...

Yeah, I have always thought that odd. It appears that they actually revive half down the tunnel and running in the right direction.

How the hell they manage that?

Even if I start running blindly before the white screen fades, and manage to head in the right direction, I would be nowhere near where they get up to down the tunnel.

:scratch2:

Yeah, I have always thought that odd. It appears that they actually revive half down the tunnel and running in the right direction.

How the hell they manage that?

Even if I start running blindly before the white screen fades, and manage to head in the right direction, I would be nowhere near where they get up to down the tunnel.

:scratch2:

I belive if u done it 1 million times u will manage it aswell.
Probely hardcores cp hunters who manage do it.

But sometimes if u die in dome 3 u revive in terminal 2.
some weird bug...

Yes, there were also CC, although I'm not sure that any CC remained banned after investigation. I was addressing the comment that Riga Team was not involved.

Back