UE5: Top Unimportant Things I Want to See

I'd like to actually see my avatar bleed if my health bar goes down.
So make avatars "degrade" like vehicles when damaged.

...would save me a lot of deaths since I always forget to monitor my health bar.

I assume sitting on boxes is on the list?

The only unimportant thing I want is the return of my tangerine jumpsuit.

Day 1, April 2004

index.php

I'd like to actually see my avatar bleed if my health bar goes down.
So make avatars "degrade" like vehicles when damaged.

...would save me a lot of deaths since I always forget to monitor my health bar.
a long long time ago... there were marks on the ground when shooting mobs.

I would like to see an update to the mob AI. UE seems to have lot to offer for developers when it comes to AI.
If moving to UE5 is moving towards more realism then more realistic behaviours in mobs would really add to that realism.
At least give the mobs some better knowledge of the environment to avoid getting stuck. It just looks stupid sometimes.
But wouldnt it be cool if the mobs behave in differant ways when you arrive at their spawns? Both individual mobs and herd behaviours.
Things like eat, drink, sleep, hunt or just some herd interactions. Males fighting for dominance? Mating sounds?
Maybe also the death animations and sounds could be dynamic and differ a little from time to time.

I vote for this: Smarter Mobs! (they really earned it being tormented by us homanz for so so long)

OK thought of a new one after re-seeing this

I want them to bring back the three different crosshair options as well as the "no" crosshair option, and put the toggle/switcher back in the action book. They can keep the transparency setting though, that is handy.

I thought of another one. Magic rings... can we get rid of these in Untropia and instead make them "auxiliary mindforce nanochips". I'm not proposing a change in functionality, simply to rewrite descriptions and supporting interface to make them fit the original storyline/game as little nano MF chips instead. We've always had our "spells" power as a form of mindforce so the same feels appropriate for these rings to fit the same notion.

In short, keep it that you can't have more than one MF chip equipped at a time but can have as many nanochips active as you'd normally have magic rings.

I'd like to see the atmosphere of planet calypso actually line up with the planet when viewed from space

Animations that last as long as the action they are ascribed to.

Sick of casting electric from my mindforce chip, only for it to skip every other animation because the previous one went on a bit too long.

Its not hard, programming wise.

Infuriating.

fix the borders on ALL estates. Annoying when things sinc in to the wall. Also annoying when 'private' setting on estate terminal closes a coord that will 'trap' an avatar in it if the avatar walks too closely to the private estate.

Bring back the cave and wooden shops in the deer under new oxford. That little place was so freakin cool. Would suggest adding the entrance to an instance or or a mission chain down there too so that folks pass by that way.

Actually... making those caves link up with some other caves elsewhere on the planet would be super awesome!

Finally, for God's sake don't make it be first person shooter only. We love third person view in game.
I didnt even think that could be a possibility! :eek: If they did that, Id probably have to quit. Stupid FP view makes me sick within like 5 minutes.
Sooo, seconded, please dont do that!

I'm starting to think I was born for this thread. Love all the unimportant things. I feel a bond to everyone who cares about the unimportant things.

well since we are on a bit of a roll here....
double check EVERY SINGLE ITEM in estates and how they appear. Annoying seeing pets sink in to the ground. Annoying seeing candy canes that cannot sit on top of tables since half of it falls through. Annoying seeing pivot points on huge items in the center instead of the edge - for instance pergola pivot point in diead center, but luxurious fountain is where it should be on the edge.... makes pergola hard to move around inside of an estate since you cannot place it unless it's in a wide open space with lots or room. Lots of items fall halfay through the tables when you put them on them. Others float above them on an invisible floating platform that must be anti-gravity. The little christmas frogs still dissappear from existence if you step too close to them because pov for up close wasn't designed right, etc.

Bring back the disco ball and dance floor on Foma. Yeah, yeah, Neverdie made club Neverdie on another planet, big deal. Doesn't mean we can't dance the night away here on this rock next to Calypso.... Hell, make it a visual test to see how many funky effects the dev team can put in to one room for texting the sprit and visuals for the new game engine. Put so many flickering lights and strobes in that pulsate to the music you stream there that it'll make every planet partner want to implement something as visually interesting if not more so. So what if Planet Micheal got cancelled. The dance fight system that was started with that could be further developed.

Make pets use a different category of buff than rings, etc. Also remove the caps or make it so that any combination of any assets in game cannot get you past the max that you put the cap at. Super tired of capping out acceleration and not being able to go faster even though I have the buffs to total more than the cap. I'm sure others are in similar situation with other buffs. Yes, this makes it a bit munchkin in some ways, but as long as the cap is the same for all avatars it'll all balance out in the end....

Make pets use a different category of buff than rings, etc. Also remove the caps or make it so that any combination of any assets in game cannot get you past the max that you put the cap at. Super tired of capping out acceleration and not being able to go faster even though I have the buffs to total more than the cap. I'm sure others are in similar situation with other buffs. Yes, this makes it a bit munchkin in some ways, but as long as the cap is the same for all avatars it'll all balance out in the end....
I actually like the first bit. Not a fan of removing the caps though.
I have only been around a year or so and I was not around to witness the crash and burn of Compet and what that did for Pet values.
Pets from what I can see are pretty useless as is. Loot pills cost 50pec each from the TT, much cheaper than feeding nutro bars. Run speed is one of the cheapest buffs to max out with many ring options and items.
If Pet buffs behaved like pills do then we may see an actual reason to use them. I rarely use performance pills as my current dps does not justify the cost, perhaps pets could be a transitional supplement, as their usage would be cheaper/hour. We need to need to see some dps improving buffs too.

Of course we need to touch on balancing but I don't think this is much of an issue. Pets can only apply one buff at a time so a hunter that wants to max out his dps will still need to supplement with pills. We could also block the use of spawnable pets to certain areas or instances such as mayhems to keep the demand for pills.
Also, I think the nutrio/fruit markups will adjust to the new demand and provide some self regulation the the cost effectiveness of Pets.

Higher fruit prices will also provide easier earning potential to free or low budget players who wish to spend their time collecting it.

Keep on thinking.

Better, more exciting missions.

We need more stuff like Enigma Keys, Bar Hunt Mission, search for Marika, actual old school LA society landgrabs, etc. And they need to be ongoing... Mayhem is extremely boring. Codex is too... bring back some life to this tame.

If you had somethimg like enigma keys on every level or even every 10 or so levels it'd make game much more interesting....

also balance things out more... stupidly annoying that there's an entire forest of trees to harvest on toulan and not a single one on Next Island. Crazy that Toulan has a dialy puny taming mission and no other planets do even though there are puny tameable pets on many planets. Aggravating that Calypso gets so many events causing avatars from all planets to migrate to Calypso so frequently.

Also, put maps on every single mission quest possible. It's stupidly annoying not being able to find an npc or mob you are trying to find, etc. Wiki gets outdated, etc.

Also update the map and waypoint system. We can manually add waypoints if we carefully key out specific lines in chat now, and you can manually move a mouse to add waypoints in map but there's no way in the map to specifically type in coordinates easily. Something like ability to type it in the map or even scroll up and down on each axis like we have similar to televators (but much quicker and many more locations than just a few floors in buildings) would be nice... Map also needs to be able to be zoomed in and out better, etc. Need to be able to put pinned notes in there, etc. The note system in game now is ok, but it's nothing like a real world map with notes all over the place explaining things.

Codex on ALL PLANETS also... it's about time.

Last edited:
We need more developer's LOVE to the game than meaningless bling.

add to item info screen 'price paid' as extra info thing so you know what markup you paid for whatever that thing is without screen prints, or having it stored somewhere outside of the game, etc. Annoying trying to sell stuff and end up selling it for less than you paid on accident.

You do get a notification thing on this but it's easy to click those and close them too soon before screen printing, etc.

Allow ALL items to be sold in shops, booths, etc. Rings cannot be sold there. Many Deeds cannot be sold there. A lot of items in this virtual universe are not sellable at all. Fix that. Everything should be allowed to be traded off, even webshop purchased items, etc.

Back