Help: UI Release: Feedback Thread

Status
Feedback
  • Title: Transparency setting radar
Description:
  • Current: Radar has transparency which in sunlight can make it hard to see the dots on some background colors
  • Suggested: Make it possible to change and disable/enable transparency on radar.
  • Reason: To make it easier to see dots on the radar - Espacially on smaller screens (I'm often playing on Surface Pro computer since I'm traveling alot)

Feedback
  • Color of avatar name/professional rank
Description:
  • Current: When mousing over other avatar the name is white text and professional rank is yellow text. This is very hard or impossible to read with a white/light background.
  • Suggested: Add a background color for the text.
  • Reason: Can't read text.

This thread is for providing any UI-related feedback after the release.

To report bugs and crashes, please go to:

I can not kick members of the team

Feedback
  • Shop ussues
Description:
  • Shops only show item points. Missing information on how many points are used as it was before. Item prices only showing markup, but not actual cost.
  • Suggested: Make similar as it was on old UI
  • Reason: Used items information is really needed. Also it's needed to see item prices without clicking on every item.

Feedback
  • Keybinding
Description:
  • Current: Key binding not working properly. E.g. I bind "Numpad 1" key for action bar slot 1 item. It shows binded, but nothing happening when I click Numpad 1. Or I'm doing something wrong? Also can't find how to bind armour loadout to key as it was possible earlier.
  • Suggested: Check if binding works properly and add option to bind armour loadout to any key.
  • Reason: Hard to play.

Feedback
  • Title: Repairing High TT Items
Description:
  • Current: Clicking Repair All defaults to repairing everything to maximum TT. The new ability to set the TT of repair is a great step in the right direction.
  • Suggested: To facilitate ease of 1-click repairing, add a feature on Items that sets a maximum allowable TT if you check a box so that when you repair all it automatically goes to that TT.
    • Example: Hedoc M-600 is an old school fap with 18,500 TT. I will never want to repair to that level. However, I would be okay setting the TT at 100 ped so that when I click "repair all" the item Max TT goes to the preset amount of 100 TT.
    • Alternative: reset the TT of old school like SK-80 or M-450 or M-600 to a more reasonable amount like 200-500 TT.
  • Reason: 1-click repairing is a nice feature to have, but those of us with old school high tt items we do not want at max tt have to always be careful not to accidentally tie up all of our bankroll in useless TT (nobody needs 18,500 TT on a fap).

Feedback
  • Title: Rookie chat.
Description:
  • Current: Game opens rookie chat by default.
  • Suggested: Maybe hide that since your not really moderating or maintaining it.
  • Reason: It's a cesspool where newer players gets to see "Mindarks"... "Happiest"... customers and the most toxic side of the comunity so it's not a great first look for someone new to the game.

Feedback
  • Title: My UI icons >.<
Description:
  • Current: Cannot drag actions as icons out on the hud.
  • Suggested: Make our UI great again.
  • Reason: Some things do not need to be bound to a key and works well been clicked.
    Same thing with the armor loadouts, why is it hidden in the bottom left side of inventory under an expanding menu... it's not as easely accessable as before.

Chat is realy unreadable

make a option to make it untransparent same with chat popups

message ccenter

make it possibel again to deactivate all messages you dont want

Why code is now ******** and not the numbers?

Error: Your message was longer than the maximum allowed
Chat count now /w [charname] to text make a new routine that -it cos in private chat message not to long

Actions dont work when on Action bar when click on it only when use the button like move dowm etc.

Bindings are always reset after relog

Why you do same like all others bring something out nonoe testet thought about that its uneuseable and user have to correct it.
And all onld bugs are still inside and 100ds new now

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: Crossair.
Description:
  • Current: Just like before the UI update the crossair turns red in pvp zones.
  • Suggested: Disable the colorchange in pvp zones.
  • Reason: Current crossair is very easy to check pixel colors on the screen to assist in making trigger macros or hunting macros to the brink of botting, the new UI actually make such things easier.

Feedback
  • Title: Chat Contrast and Colors
Description:
  • Current: Chat colors and contrast is wrong.
  • Suggested: Change contrast of text/background and adjust the colors
  • Reason: they are rough on the eyes as it is now.

Feedback
  • Title: Ctrl and Shift binding
Description:
  • Current: Cannot bind Ctrl or Shift keys
  • Suggested: Make them usable to bind.
  • Reason: We were able to bind like Position to Shift and Move Down to left Ctrl while flying and now we cannot.

Feedback
  • Title: Chat Contrast and Colors
Description:
  • Current: Chat colors and contrast is wrong.
  • Suggested: Change contrast of text/background and adjust the colors
  • Reason: they are rough on the eyes as it is now.
Just this. Tires the eyes so badly.

Feedback
  • Title: Ctrl and Shift binding
Description:
  • Current: Cannot bind Ctrl or Shift keys
  • Suggested: Make them usable to bind.
  • Reason: We were able to bind like Position to Shift and Move Down to left Ctrl while flying and now we cannot.

CTRL/SHIFT are by default used as modifier keys, and can therefore not be bound seperately.

However, you can change to the old setting and bind CTRL and SHIFT however you want by going to the main menu and clicking OPTIONS > INTERFACE and selecting "Disable using modifier keys for Actions"

Feedback
  • Title: Fit more visible Tabs into chat window
Description:
  • Current: Chat window Tabs are very wide.
  • Suggested: Could make Tabs way closer even cutting some Tab names to fit more visible tabs.
  • Reason: I want all my tabs, as few as they may be, visible and dont want to resize chat window to half the screen to see them.

Feedback
  • Cursor is too sensitive to use a controller
Description:
  • Current: The cursor is way too sensitive now. Sensitivity settings don't seem to help but it slows down the camera look speed.
  • Suggested: Allow a setting to change the cursor speed instead of just camera.
  • Reason: I enjoy playing Entropia with a controller and it isn't possible anymore without being able to click on close window buttons or target things.

Last edited:
Feedback
  • Title: splitting stackables
Description:
  • Current: Split (when splitting stackables like shrapnel or ammo)
  • Suggested: Default values should be like before (zero I think).
  • Reason: So that only need to click once to change a stackable e.g. when splitting shrapnel to 1k I only needed to press once to 1k then split. Currently may have to change each digit which is cumbersome.

Feedback
  • Title: Placing vehicle
Description:
  • Current: When placing vehicle it no longer shows the green arrows to indicate a suitable place for placing or red for unsuitable
  • Suggested: Change to how it was
  • Reason: So that it's easier to place vehicles

How can i put a chat background? I don't see such an option(Auto fade option almost help nothing). And how to see the menu in the auction normally?(now it's too pale).

Feedback
  • Title: Help for trackers
Description:
  • Current:
    • Opacity on creature names, latitude / longitude is not good at all!
    • Chat.log could have information about: 1) hits on armor, which part was hit. 2) Which creature you shot when looting.
  • Suggested:
    • Ability to change opacity for these, so we would have black / white text and background.
  • Reason:
    • Doing OCR and image manipulation works, but it could be SO much easier with proper mono font and contrast.
    • Using chat.log is the only real good information for truth.

Last edited:
Feedback
* Chooosing claim ( next target) when mining and automatically move to it and extract it

Description:

* I manually have to run into position right next to claim and then extract it. Used to be able to choose next target and avatar would run and extract claim automatically.

Suggested :

* Change back as before update

Feedback
  • Title: UI improvements
Description:
  • Current: large health / name bar - large buff icons - unable to turn off globals appearing completely - every global is recorded in messages slowing down client over time - normal font text is too large - minimap size too large for windowed play
  • Suggested: adjustable or slightly smaller health / name bar - smaller or removable buff icon bar - option to turn off globals appearing along with "none, 1000 ped, 2000 ped filters" - option to disable storing every global in game in the messages - font text reduced or a small choice added - adjustability for minimap to be adjusted smaller than currently is or even removed
  • Reason: UI speed improvements and personal choice on some
Screenshots: none required at this time.

Last edited:
We are planning on releasing a patch soon which will increase chat opacity, as well as fix the bugs related to auction listing visibility and residue checks.

This will be a client patch, so the servers will not restart, but you will have to log out and back in to apply the patch. There will be a message in the game when this happens.

Feedback
  • Title: UI Modifications/Addons
Description:
  • Current: UI features are only able to be changed by MA
  • Suggested: Allow players to create and modify the UI to their liking. (Example: new mob nameplates, new radar, etc...)
  • Reason: Some players have the technical know-how to create UI aspects that would help players change the UI features to their liking without having to wait on MA to develop or decide to even add something to the UI in the first place. Games like World of Warcraft have addons players can download that are made by other players that change the UI features to their liking. I think something like this would heavily benefit the players and players wouldn't have to depend on MA to change things.

Feedback
  • Title: Map cannot be activated from HUD without keyboard.
Description:
  • Current: Map is only accessible from pressing a key on the keyboard.
  • Suggested: Add Map to Main Menu Icons on top-left of HUD.
  • Reason: Map accessibility is important. Being able to click an Icon on the HUD to open the map increases accessibility.
Screenshots:
Please Add button for Map to this menu:
tzck2Wf.png

Feedback
  • Title: Map cannot be activated from HUD without keyboard.

Go to "Actions" and search for "Map", then drag that icon to an action bar. You can then click the icon in that action bar to open the map without using a keyboard.

Status
Back