Question: UNeco fap = more skill gains?

I hear many reports that the ultra eco faps (I.E. adj, imp, mod) have horrible skill gains. It makes sense, if skill gain is relational to TT use. (There is some debate about this)

But what happens on the other end of the spectrum? How good are the skill gains?

For example, does the 2500 Deluxe have disgustingly high skill gains? (would almost have to at 1.80 ped/use :eek:)

I know those are rare, but tests can also be done with 2350s. The speed demon is seriously uneco too.

At what point does less eco become a better option for those skilling heal? Is it better to stand at revives healing w/ a fap-15 or a T1?

I'll lend you a 2500 dlx for testing as long as you repair it when you're done.:D

Agreed, but I'm looking for the optimal mix of both skills/PED and skills/minute. The idea of standing with a T1 for 7 weeks scares me.

Simple and easy unless you count attributes.

It goes like this:
If you have imp/mod FAP use them and with the save money from decay buy skills
(this applies no matter what)

If you have adj FAP/Personal nurse and can hdo your stuff (hunt/mine) without needing for more
use it and with the saved PED buy skills

If the question is what to use will hunting it is simple:
something that keeps you alive but doesn't cost a barbarity to achieve (like the deluxe, which on pontual situation "might" be worth it)
Use the remaining bankroll to buy skills in orfer to use more effective FAP , by this it means a FAP that allows you with a possibility to hunt bigger without the loss associated with avatar revivalings.

Use the bigest you can as long as it doesn't over heal

Due to low markups I would assume that at most levels the SIB even limited will be the wise choice for most of us.

My advise would be:
Use the biggest SIB you can (unless you have a uber fap)
If you FAP a lot consider buying a unlimited SIB if you can recover the markup under 3 years of use comparing with the cost of the % on L.
If you can afford a Mod/imp consider that you are paying is status.
You also are paying status to be able to use the UR200 and above since the skills required are worth a lot of PED

If you objective is to raise attributes (Intelligence)
Be prepared to discard any considerations on economy of use.
Use the higher decaying fap that is effective and cost efficient considered otherwised, at current prices that is probably the UR200, but T20 isn't that bad.
(and if possible, very unlikelly use it with FAP under level 100 and up to level 2000 chipout when it reachs about this, this is due to the need that most ESI won't be filled with less, if you can without destroying the ESI just take from 1500 to 1 then it would be preferable, skill gains are linked to the profession level and to the level of the main skill in the profession too - due to the bonus factor kicking in when you gain a skill but haven't used all what I call the "skill gain factor", this means that if you were going to gain 0,05 skill in FA but your current level only allows to gain 0,02 there is a probability that the remain will trigger a secondary gain, but probably not the 0,03, so not effecient pec wise to gain skills that can be bought , but the still the best you can get to gain attributes. The "skill gain factor" refers to some screenshots that MCCormirk provided were we could see that each skill gain wasn't equal but instead associated with a certain gain, it also showed that each mob had an unique ID

Last edited:
Interesting thread..

Anyway i think that if you want to skill paramedic fast and eco.. Just use L ball faps suited to your level and hunt without plates or armor ;)

Or provide fap service just for decay...

I dont expect any "hidden skiller" fap ingame, and you can leave ek-2350 and 2500 deluxe out of the way... ( Go and try to heal someone for few minutes... You will end pretty soon in auction finding FA chip :D )

Im not fan of standing and healing someone, but when i was noob around hedoc sk20 i tried to heal people at swamp camp and i counted that its less expensive to just chip something up, but then i went regular manual way as i think that past level 20 its again better to skill naturaly

Thats what is working for me, not that i hunt a lot lately but im used to hunt a lot of mobs naked ( fresco, furor, atrox and even mid atroxes, atrax, feff, armax etc.... ) and i just dont mind to fap fap

If the per click is so important (and considering mod merc skilling, that may be), wouldn't that suggest that the 2350 (fastest but also almost one of the least eco fap) might be one of the best skilling faps?

(See where I'm trying to head with this thread?)

It would be an interesting project to find out how much skills various FAPs give per click / PED. And whetever and to what extent there is variance.

Your definition of optimal is skills/min regardless of eco

Perhaps you missed this part.
So if one fap skills 10% faster but at a decay/skill rate that's 15% higher, then the slower fap is the better option.

My definition is if I can get the same skill/pec at a faster rate, that's the way to go, but that's the big question. Is skill/pec the same across all faps? If not, where's the dividing line?

Yes, I know I can simply grab the biggest fap and hunt, or I can chip in (which I've done both) but this is simply a theoretical assessment of simply trying to skill paramedic, and the "best" (meaning skill/pec but speed would be nice too) way to do it.

If not, where's the dividing line?

You didn't define any limits to your hp/pec, which is why your definition of 'optimal' or 'best' resolves to 'ped/min'.

You keep using the word 'eco' (you use a different desciption though) without actually using that term in a way that eco has any meaning.

The reason it has no meaning is you are expecting an answer to a question you haven't asked yet - which is that your choice of fap for "skilling" or for "eco" are always going to be different. There is no 'happy overlap' as the skills/pec is close to 0, and not close to 1.

If you are using a fap to hunt, then there are seven variables you need to balance.

If you are using a fap to purely skill with, then your variables are reduced to three.

The answers to your questions can't be magicked. Data is needed.

as it stands, using a maxed sib fap you would only need 36% of fap decay returned to be ahead on balance with the chippers.

your choice of fap for "skilling" or for "eco" are always going to be different.

Again, you are misunderstanding what I'm saying.

For skilling purposes, not hunting, if I can use 1 fap to skill a whole level (we'll skip the "each level is different" issue, please. This is hypothetical) at a cost of 400 ped, then it would be better if I can find a fap that I can get the same skill volume for 390 ped.

Now if all faps, regardless of speed will cost the same 400 ped, than the fastest fap is the best answer.

Not sure why you fail to see what I'm trying to ask.

The answers to your questions can't be magicked. Data is needed.

And this is why I'm asking for data. This subject doesn't seem to have been covered too clearly, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Now if all faps, regardless of speed will cost the same 400 ped, than the fastest fap is the best answer.

You defined a limit.

Your limit is "if all faps gave the same skill regardless of eco"

As I see it, there are a couple of questions:
  • Is the skill gain a fixed % of the decay
  • What role does number of clicks play?
  • Does cost per click matter?
  • Does never/not yet/yes/not any more actually change any of this
  • Are there differences in the above between different faps and/or fap families (EMT vs Omegaton, say)

the answers to which might affect which FAPs get picked.

lol not sure if this helps but ive maxed my t1 now and the skill gains have ofcourse decreased like someone else said on here by a factor of 12%....
Then I started using my Fap-50 and I gained lv4 paramedic in next to no time healing a friend and myself. like I said not sure how this wud helpout as i have no data just observational analysis. (i used big words) :D. But i guess the more peds cycled the more skills :scratch2:? maybe this question cud be asked on scopes & lasers.

~Mark~

Back