Question: Unknow charge by MA

Lerp

Provider
Why have they charge me 60 cents?
I did not hit any sort of 'ok' on this charge.
It cannot be in some small print.
It has to go through channels that allow me to hit OK or No.

If they want to sneek in 60 cents then they can do it over and over and over.
Do I have to remove my card after each use?

Dont charge my card unless I hit Ok at the time of the charge.
What are they doing?

What have you been charged 60 cents for? What did you put your card in?

if you mean your CC is charged 60cents that's likely to be a bank fee your own bank takes, or your CC company or what you use

What have you been charged 60 cents for? What did you put your card in?

here is is:

SVC CHG INTRNTL TRAN
JH1####### MINDARK PE AB
JH1#######SVC CHG INTRNTL TRAN
Terminal: DIBS

Im guessing it is an internation fee.
Or its a regestration fee for the card to be regesterd with them.

In any situtation they cannot charge me unless I hit ok on a second charge.
If they have fees to pay then they need to put it in one chage and pay it themself.
Or at least let me hit "ok" at the time of the charge.

I have checked the faq list and cannot find anything about any fees.
I am allready paying more then 1$ usd for 10 peds because they take out a fee on the deposite and now they want to charge me on other little actions. Will I get a bill for evey time I used the auction house or the Teliporter in a weeks time?

No they need to let me hit ok on any charge at the time of the charge.
I will not be tricked by some small print.
I am a good costomer. I expect them to be open with me. Not charging me without permit.

I buy internationally all the time. This is the first charge Ive seen like this. Its from them. Not my bank.

So now what? Are they going to do it again next time I deposite. Or is it a one time thing?

I've never seen this before

That appears to be a Service Charge for an international transaction by your bank. (SVC CHG INTRNTL TRAN)

My bank charges one too, together with an exchange rate fee, for each purchase I make online where I'm paying in any currency other than AUD - including deposits to MindArk in USD.

§ SVC CHG INTRNTL TRAN - International ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee: $ 4.00 (per withdrawal)

Also some other google sites gives the explanation like it's the card company.

And as Hijacker, I never seen this either. Maybe call your bank and ask and dont settle for "uhm I dont know" as that's probably what you will get first (at least that what I usually get from my bank when I have questions about international transfers)

Last edited:
I regularly see those charges on any international transactions, not just on MA stuff. My understanding is that it is a fee from the clearinghouse.

06/20/2011 09:22:19 VISA PURCHASE
JH########MINDARK PE AB
JH########
Terminal: DIBS -$ 20.00

06/20/2011 09:22:18 SVC CHG INTRNTL TRAN
JH######## MINDARK PE AB
JH########
Terminal: DIBS -$ 0.60

Yes its an internation service charge. ONE BY MINDARK TO ME!

If my bank was charging this to methey would have charged me.
What im guessing is the bank charged MA. Then MA charged me.
I am not intrested in paying MA bank fees.
At some places in the Unitedstates they charge fees for the use of cards.
The law requires these places to inform me if are to have me pay the fee. Its the law.
I never agreed to pay MA fees. They never asked me. I also dont want to pay any other cost of opperation above the 10 ped per USD that I pay now. I am not paying their bills. Its not my house I am just playing here. If they want me to pay anything extra they need to ask ME. It clearly shows it is MA/Dibbs who is charging my account.

The Visa purchase I did hit OK on
The international fee I never did.
What ever they call it is still a charge by them to me with out my permit.

The fee happens before the charge. How is a fee before the purchase.

§ SVC CHG INTRNTL TRAN - International ATM Cash Withdrawal Fee: $ 4.00 (per withdrawal)

From: https://www.onlinepaycard.com/advantages/terms_cond.htm

Also some other google sites gives the explanation like it's the card company.

And as Hijacker, I never seen this either. Maybe call your bank and ask and dont settle for "uhm I dont know" as that's probably what you will get first (at least that what I usually get from my bank when I have questions about international transfers)

Your link is trying to load stuff into my computer.

They need to make a sticky saying, MA do not charge for deposits. I will not find the proof as i have found it for many people many times.

Do a search and you can find it yourself

I repeat MA do not charge for deposits

Rgds

Ace

06/20/2011 09:22:19 VISA PURCHASE
JH########MINDARK PE AB
JH########
Terminal: DIBS -$ 20.00

JH######## MINDARK PE AB
JH########
Terminal: DIBS -$ 0.60

Look -- from my bank statement. It clearly shows the charge came from MINDARK PE AB/DIBS.
If it came from my bank to me it would show as a charge from my bank and not the terminal in DIBS.
Its a terminal fee from MA. I dont care what money they are charged from whom. They need to ask before they turn it around and charge me. If my bank wanted me to have the charge it would be sent to me from them.
I am directly paying MA bills. Sad part is I enjoy the game but have a hang up about not being asked before I am charged. They could just make excuses and start charging me in other areas.

The bank statement speaks for itself.

I would be willing to have a MA bank card and pay that way. Or some solution. I just wont pay without being asked. Its not proper and its against the law in my country to have a terminal fee without a notice at time of purchase. It allows me to decide if I am willing to pay. It is to protect from unauthorised charges.

Last edited:
Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry. Whenever you deposit or withdraw funds into or out of Entropia Universe there may be a fee involved. The most common ones are:

Deposit by card 3.5%. For covering the cost of the Aquirer and the Payment Service Provider. (Euroline and e.g. DIBS)

Deposit by bank transfer 0%. However, it is possible that the bank you choose adds a fee to transfer the funds to Mindark.

Withdrawal 1%

Please note that the fees may vary between the different deposit methods, but should be stated before you have committed the transaction. You will find additional information about the rules that apply for Virtual Currency Transfers and Fund Transactions in our terms of Use §7 "Virtual Currency Transfers and Fund Transactions".

If you are using a currency other than USD there might also be exchange rates/fees involved.

Kind regards,
Laura | Planet Calypso Support

Here is the reply from them.
I am looking to see if "should be stated before you have committed the transaction." I dont see it in the deposite screen.
does anyone else?
and what happended to the rest of the 200 peds? I allway recieved less then what I deposite. That has allways been the fee. This 60cents is above and before that fee. So now each deposite now has two fees?

JH######## MINDARK PE AB
JH########
Terminal: DIBS
-$ 0.60

I would say that the bold part above is just telling you what transaction that fee charged by YOUR BANK is associated with.

ie "This fee is to do with the payment you made to MindArk thru DIBS."

IT IS NOT A SEPARATE FEE CHARGED BY MINDARK.

Talk to your bank about it.

and what happended to the rest of the 200 peds? I allway recieved less then what I deposite.

Support told you:
Deposit by card 3.5%. For covering the cost of the Aquirer and the Payment Service Provider. (Euroline and e.g. DIBS) ...

hmmm ok. Ill look into my bank. I do have a new card and bank. I dont remember the second charge before. So what you say sounds true. I use to get less then 193 peds for each 20$

So for some odd reason the the amount of peds goes up for the same deposite and a new charge of 60 cents is found on my card. It add up to a bit more then before. Im guessing ma thought not to take the fee out of peds for this bank I use and take extra cash instead.
I still do not give permit for extra cash be removed.
I wanted to pay 20$ not 20.60$ I have more peds and less cash.
I only wanted 20$ I dont care how many peds. Its the .60 that upsets me.
I did not want to pay .60 if cost of opperations is higher in this bank then just take it out of peds not out of my pocket.
Or at least ask first.
I will keep looking. I do not pay terminal fees. Not at the store not online. I dont pay to spend my money.

If its my bank then Ill get a new one or find a way so it does not happen.
If my bank is charging me without permit then its the same.
Ill put a stop to them.

Yes its my bank.

MindArk is givving me more peds then before for the same amount of money.
I do ask for forgiveness from them and the game.
They are better then before. Its my bank.
They have been charging me fees ontop of fees making it look like its the terminal.
Its them. They have been stealing from me for weeks.
Crap.
MA is not at fault. I am.
Its allways this way.
Do I ever learn. I should not point fingers untill I know what I am talking about.
I blame my friends for my own problems. I am not allways the good guy. double crap.

Then just deposit $19 instead of your $20 :rolleyes:. There's also no way to stop it if your the depositing method is by card, as international transfers have a charge & for me in the UK its about £1 (per deposit, regardless of size). So in USD thats a $1.60 fee :(. So unless you live in sweden or use bank transfer to put money in and out of the game you will be charged.

Then just deposit $19 instead of your $20 :rolleyes:. There's also no way to stop it if your the depositing method is by card, as international transfers have a charge & for me in the UK its about £1 (per deposit, regardless of size). So in USD thats a $1.60 fee :(. So unless you live in sweden or use bank transfer to put money in and out of the game you will be charged.
Live in sweden doesn't help as deposits are made in US$ and so most if not all banks get a small % on the exchange, mine i think took 0.25% of the amount as an exchange fee from SEK to US$.

But good you learned something Lerp, maybe that's not the best bank for you if they been "stealing" these tiny amounts for some time from you...

Its not just that they charge a % for the exchange. They did not tell me before they did it! I want them to alert me before I incure unkown charges. What if next time it +1000% Should I not have the option to say no before they take it out of my bank? Not only that, My bank should put its name on the charge and not MA name. If you look at the charge it shows only MA and not the institution who gets the money. It is missleading and that is what upsets me the most.

Live in sweden doesn't help as deposits are made in US$ and so most if not all banks get a small % on the exchange, mine i think took 0.25% of the amount as an exchange fee from SEK to US$.

But good you learned something Lerp, maybe that's not the best bank for you if they been "stealing" these tiny amounts for some time from you...

if you live in sweden you can deposit with SEK via bank transfer to MA without any fees :)

Its not just that they charge a % for the exchange. They did not tell me before they did it! I want them to alert me before I incure unkown charges. What if next time it +1000% Should I not have the option to say no before they take it out of my bank? Not only that, My bank should put its name on the charge and not MA name. If you look at the charge it shows only MA and not the institution who gets the money. It is missleading and that is what upsets me the most.

While I understand you are upset by these fees, I am almost certain your bank informed you about these fees. It's called the "fine print" or in some cases "fee schedule" associated with your account/that bank. Most people receive the literature from their banks and never bother to read it.

Now, there ARE credit cards out there, even banks, who do not charge international banking fees. YOu could probably even find a pre-paid card that will allow you to deposit without charging those international fees.

If you read the FAQ then you should know, that MA does not charge you but the payment provider.
And the statement clearly says that DIBS charged you for an transfer done towards MA. DIBS is not MA.
If you do a direct transfer to their bank account you get the best deal because you get an interbank exchange rate from MA (which is quite more any payment provider gives you) and depending on the type of bank account you have, the charges can be zero from your bank. Might take 2-4 days till it lands on you PED card right now, but next year a bank transfer within Europe will ba handled within one workday and the charges are not higher than a national transfer.

Back