Unlocking BPC

Aim

Mature
Society
Vikings Of Calypso
Ready Aim Fire
I am a pretty balanced miner/hunter and enjoy crafting but I am unsure about the most efficient way to do it. Is it still best to unlock BPC by grinding on filters or am I better off working on SIB bp's in a profession I actually plan on doing? Still not sure if I want to focus on mining amps, BLP weapons or vehicles but that is an entirely different problem.

Id say come skill vehicle repair on Kronan :) I know many who unlocked bpc here (I did for instance)

Id say come skill vehicle repair on Kronan :) I know many who unlocked bpc here (I did for instance)
That sounds like a great deal. I would be interested in that (even though I'm not the OP :)).

I plan to go up and check it out when I can. Other than that it seems everyone either doesn't know or is very tight lipped about the way they think is best. Looks like there will be a lot more filters in my future.

I plan to go up and check it out when I can. Other than that it seems everyone either doesn't know or is very tight lipped about the way they think is best. Looks like there will be a lot more filters in my future.

It depends on how much of what resources you get from your hunting, and if you have a preferred crafting profession you would like to pursue. If you get a lot of muscle and eye oil from hunting, consider either simple i conductors or simple i plastic springs. Or possibly you have other resources you can't really sell for markup, but are used in low level blueprints? If the results sell for any markup, is a bonus.

I do a pretty even mix of hunting/mining. Pretty much all of the ores are available. I think I may have decided to change direction though. I am leaning more toward making crafting mining gear my main focus. Just need to do some research and see if there are any sib bp's for low end crafting in that profession.

I do a pretty even mix of hunting/mining. Pretty much all of the ores are available. I think I may have decided to change direction though. I am leaning more toward making crafting mining gear my main focus. Just need to do some research and see if there are any sib bp's for low end crafting in that profession.

If you have not discovered these yet, then check out Jehu's excellent SIB graphs, it includes tool crafting ones here.

Your best, cheapest and fastest route to unlock bpc would be vehicle reapiring... and Kronan is up for 24/7

That's what I did :) and i'm very happy about it...

Now my goal is to max out on apis p5a bp perhaps without touching those bps.

Reactions: sbi
Your best, cheapest and fastest route to unlock bpc would be vehicle reapiring

This is probably true.

That said I cannot bring myself to damage my vehicles for the sake of skills, though when I have to repair them, it makes me wonder why I craft :)

Old school way I crafted level 1, Basic Filters till QR90s (1 Oil, 1 Lyst) then I moved to level 3, Standard Dampers (1 Lyst, 2 Oil) by the 3rd Damper BP to QR100 I unlocked BPC. I sold each Damper BP and started over fresh this helped me gauge my progress. Seemed to be one of the cheaper ways to do it but don't expect much if any profits. The good thing is auto click is now in game load the craft machine with 10-20k of each resource, turn off screen saver and go to bed crafting all night.

Good luck to you.

Wildman

My current plan is to try to get up to kronan to unlock it with vehicle repair. Will post and let everyone know what it takes once I get it done. I have only crafted basic filters up to about 50qr so I don't have that many skills so far.

My current plan is to try to get up to kronan to unlock it with vehicle repair. Will post and let everyone know what it takes once I get it done. I have only crafted basic filters up to about 50qr so I don't have that many skills so far.

If you choose repairing path you should check this thread https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?201096-Blueprint-Comprehension-by-fixing-Pitbull-Mk-I-%28L%29

It's kinda outdated since introducing of welding wire, but at least you will have an idea how long you will have to repair stuff :)

Thanks for the info I will be better prepared when I go now.

Time for a progress report. I bought 10 rk-5's and got summoned up to kronan yesterday. Grabbed 50 ped TT of wire from sbi onboard and learned my way around the ship. Started at almost no VSE skill and now I am level 4. I have burned through 1 of my rk-5's and I think about 6 ped tt of wire.

There ya go :)

Like I said, it will cost you arround 200 peds, maybe even less :)

Good luck and have fun up there! I might join tomorrow too ;)

I ended up getting most of the way through level 5 last night. Didn't really spend as much time repairing as planned though. We were lacking a pilot towards the end of the night so I flew for the last couple of hours I was on. It did slow down drastically once I hit level 5 and the sib on the rk-5 stopped but it is still leaps and bounds faster than filters. I had initially just planned to do this until level 10, but now I am considering trying to get to the rk-20.

I ended up getting most of the way through level 5 last night. Didn't really spend as much time repairing as planned though. We were lacking a pilot towards the end of the night so I flew for the last couple of hours I was on. It did slow down drastically once I hit level 5 and the sib on the rk-5 stopped but it is still leaps and bounds faster than filters. I had initially just planned to do this until level 10, but now I am considering trying to get to the rk-20.

Glad to hear your enjoy it :) also remember that piloting gives skills now (for 'fresh' mobs - among other HP related skills). Cya up there!

/Sbi

Is there an actual value to unlocking BPC via vehicle repairing? Will the cross-profession gains you get from having it unlocked pay off from later crafting ?

Is there an actual value to unlocking BPC via vehicle repairing? Will the cross-profession gains you get from having it unlocked pay off from later crafting ?

MY blp weapon engineering has increased from level 5 to 8 now just by doing reparing ....my vse lvl is 15.

an indirect way of answering to your question........

Last edited:
It is no different than if you planned to unlock it with filters but had no interest in doing mechanical component crafting. BPC is a nice boost to all of the crafting skills that use it. The lure of doing it with VSE is that it is likely the cheapest route unless you get a lucky hof in one of your pulls at the crafting machine.

How about a status update Aim :)?

I ended up finishing level 10 in VSE and unlocked BPC the day after my last post. I had spent 200 ped on rk-5's and wire, but I ended up with around 30 ped of wire and I think 3 rk-5's when it was all said and done. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to unlock BPC to improve their crafting. It could be done from level 0 in 2-3 days if you had the time.

Reactions: sbi
I ended up finishing level 10 in VSE and unlocked BPC the day after my last post. I had spent 200 ped on rk-5's and wire, but I ended up with around 30 ped of wire and I think 3 rk-5's when it was all said and done. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to unlock BPC to improve their crafting. It could be done from level 0 in 2-3 days if you had the time.

So its less then 200 peds?

Good job ;)

I think it end up costing me around 160ped total.

That is correct. The 160 is just the cost I spent to skill, I am sure I could make a significant portion of it back selling the skills.

That is correct. The 160 is just the cost I spent to skill, I am sure I could make a significant portion of it back selling the skills. I guess I should mention I made it to almost level 3 in the other crafting skills while skilling it as well.

I think you should actually profit a bit when selling those skills gained from repairing ;)

hey i see you ppl are talking about using the mothership Kronan for skilling. i wans wondering how i could get there do i need to be summoned or can i just fly there? and do i need to be on the guestlist before i can use it, if that's the case then who owns the ship?

Back