Question: Unreasonable return since last VU

One thing I forgot to mention, the concept of "gradually improving the loot" is implemented in a very interesting way of "gradual". One day we go out to discover all of the weapons we used to sell for MU are gone from lootpool. And promise replacement guns will slowly be added back (hmm, reminds of taming?). You should have clearly seen where this will lead, including this thread. Requires no oracle or even visionary.

i agree, but it isnt the first time changes like these have been made to looted L weapons, i think the reaction would of been different if more care had been taken and people at MA had a better understanding of the word gradual.
gradual does not mean screw everything up and slowly bring things back to a "working" state. :p

p.s.
looks like officials either have me on ignore or im not important enough to have my simple question answered.

why do we have ammo in loot and why do we have even more ammo in loot than before the update!?!?!?!?! :)

i agree, but it isnt the first time changes like these have been made to looted L weapons, i think the reaction would of been different if more care had been taken and people at MA had a better understanding of the word gradual.
gradual does not mean screw everything up and slowly bring things back to a "working" state. :p

p.s.
looks like officials either have me on ignore or im not important enough to have my simple question answered.

why do we have ammo in loot and why do we have even more ammo in loot than before the update!?!?!?!?! :)

Because they want you to fire away that ammo to :)

calypso on levi's + somme minning on Foma but minning just payd about for the amps and mayby 500 peds profit all togheder. I was just lucky on Levi's alot but somme ppl are more lucky that am there was few 4k drops and one 6k +.

I don't go on rest of planets only Arkadia time to time cos there is few mobs i like there, but every time i go there i lose so i stay on calypso just logic.

Ok, nice, just asking since the loot does seem a bit better on other planets and just wanted to check if it wasn't other planets you were talking about here..but gratz!

I'm sorry but if that is the message you received from my post, then either-
1. You did not read the entire post 2. You completely misunderstood the post or 3. My English skills are much worse than I thought. :eyecrazy:

Nowhere in my post {nor in the VU 12.8 release notes} did we ever indicate that net loot returns would be affected in any way by the current loot rebalancing project.

The only area that has been adjusted is the list of items that each creature is capable of looting. The basic loot return calculations {often referred to as TT returns} have not been changed in any way.

To put it as simply as possible, the loot rebalancing project focuses on what to distribute, not on how much to distribute.

Hey Entropians specially Bjorn...

If you really like your community Bjorn you must look and understand our points too and dont keep blind answers from MA part.
I really understand that you are a company and you need to profit but without us your company will close.
This game are lucky because the management, the promeses that fail all the time keep us community keep playing because we love this game...
How many times i have think to invite all community for a strike to make more professionals MA everytime they talk BS, beacons, makup and every single update...
But strike will ban my account just this is a prove that we are not free in EU what is a really shame...

WE LOVE THIS GAME AND WE KNOW THAT MA IS NOT GOOD AND HONEST ENOUGHT TO US :D

How many times i have think to invite all community for a strike to make more professionals MA everytime they talk BS, beacons, makup and every single update...
But strike will ban my account just this is a prove that we are not free in EU what is a really shame...

The problem is that it's the ones that are complaining that are the most noisy, not everyone things MA are taling "BS", even if they could improve a lot.

I also thin people need to think a bit on the MU concept, an average high MU are not necessary a good thing. I actually think a more balance average MU would be better. If we have to high MU on resources and other components, the end product also have a high MU that will make them expansive.

In my opinion, it's better to have an economy with an average MU on resources at 130 % and 170 % on the items, instead of an economy with 160 % MU on the resources and 210 % on the items.

The problem is that it's the ones that are complaining that are the most noisy, not everyone things MA are taling "BS", even if they could improve a lot.

MA should be happy that we complain & try to get things changed, comminucation goes in 2 ways you know.
I could just suck it up & sell everything & do a nice 200-300k ped withdrawal also, would that be better for anyone?

do we have ammo in loot and why do we have even more ammo in loot than before the update!?!?!?!?! :)

I think ammo is in loot as non markup item to replace the coins that used to drop. We need *some* non markup item otherwise animal oils wont be worth auctioning (they'll be worth near TT value).

Thats my understanding, but if you can get an official reply, confirming or denying that.....

what ammo though? I hear them saying they haven't changed the TT of loot overall just changed what you get
I still have been experiencing worse TT than pre-VU. My question still remains unanswered... what is with the under 1 pec ammo drops? Also getting two stacks of items... like 55 leather extractors and 5 leather extractors in the same loot. It just seems so weird that I feel like something if messed up.
I don't want .01 pec of ammo in my loot separate from the 80 pecs that is already there? :eyecrazy::eyecrazy::eyecrazy:

So basically we need to stop grinding and see which mobs loot what...I think the gradual introduction is the problem...we just suck at changes...and maybe the system has a few kinks to solve, a gradual implementation just means to me the system is incomplete now...

I like the communication so maybe we can know when the next VU is for loot changes? Maybe when all changes are done people will be happy?

Gradual implementation is like giving me a totally new weapon and saying that the ammo for it is coming next year...

Well seems to me that we have to wait a while.
Loot is low... but will improve... :scratch2:

I wont play till i hear from forum things are getting better.
One thing i learned the hard way. Dont trust MA. :mad:
/Lara

2012-10-17 16:03:11 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Araneatrox Stalker) with a value of 444 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

2012-10-17 16:54:33 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Araneatrox Prowler) with a value of 429 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

2012-10-17 17:17:42 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Eomon Stalker) with a value of 317 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

2012-10-17 18:27:06 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Proteron Guardian) with a value of 1413 PED at Atami's Proteron Paradise - OLA #54 (215,462)! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Weird that hes not telling about this here? :scratch2:

Edit: oh yes, this must be mindarks evil plot to cover it all up

2012-10-17 16:03:11 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Araneatrox Stalker) with a value of 444 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

2012-10-17 16:54:33 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Araneatrox Prowler) with a value of 429 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

2012-10-17 17:17:42 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Eomon Stalker) with a value of 317 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

2012-10-17 18:27:06 [Local] [] Girts Smilgs Niedra killed a creature (Proteron Guardian) with a value of 1413 PED at Atami's Proteron Paradise - OLA #54 (215,462)! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

You are one of those that think just because someone globals/hofs that they are making ped and not still going broke arent ya :dunce:

-Bemo-

Oh I should be saying live here that I got some good loots and now all is fine? Guess you're a jealous little bugger with no idea on my turnover and what those few hof mean even for 1-2 runs. Besides all I got was tt which means I am losing in the longer run as usual.
Just to get an idea, with one of the 1400 hof if its tt I am breaking even for a run of 2500 peds ammo typically.

You are one of those that think just because someone globals/hofs that they are making ped and not still going broke arent ya :dunce:

-Bemo-

I knew something good was coming up.

Well what can i say if we start walking to childish path...

that's really great luck on a 60% return being the worst, I was suffering lots of 30% returns and sometimes still do, hence other game demos are looking much better than throwing money away for hardly any play time.

I knew something good was coming up.

Well what can i say if we start walking to childish path...

lol. If you study smilgs log you will notice that this guy is hunting for close to 10000peds each day. What does that mean with a 60% tt return? It means that after a week you need a ATH to breakeven lol

lol. If you study smilgs log you will notice that this guy is hunting for close to 10000peds each day. What does that mean with a 60% tt return? It means that after a week you need a ATH to breakeven lol

:lolup: well you will see his log this month, and you know the full week wasnt 60% return, the variance in loot will be compensated

:lolup: well you will see his log this month, and you know the full week wasnt 60% return, the variance in loot will be compensated

might be. but not after what you pulled from the log. Look what mobs he was hunting. That was just "globals".

You are being childish. If following the log you would know that the only way I could occasionally recover from the tt losses was the MU. Hofs does not mean MU. Which means your comment is irrelevant.
The main issue discussed in this thread is the impact of the last VU on the hunting returns - bigger then usual tt loot holes + much less MU.

So basically we need to stop grinding and see which mobs loot what...I think the gradual introduction is the problem...we just suck at changes...and maybe the system has a few kinks to solve, a gradual implementation just means to me the system is incomplete now...

Non-gradual introduction of things - be there after VU guns blazing or miss it - has been what I have seen everybody complain about for the past 3 years I have been playing. This is what everybody has been asking for a long time now.

blah blah blah..... blah blah..blah..... system has to adjust... blah.. then.... how?.... shut down all other planets... blah... OR... get more players. shame it's the same old comments that make it out like it's the players at fault...it is not.
The system is clearly not adjusting well enough to the changes of the game... a game like this should expand naturally according to it's player base especially when the loot system itself reacts to activity.

Did they fixed the "not a loot change"? Or is it still almost not changed?

Because they want you to fire away that ammo to :)

but when its obvious to the person they are thinking is that stupid that they are thinking i am that stupid its quite insulting really ;)

I think ammo is in loot as non markup item to replace the coins that used to drop. We need *some* non markup item otherwise animal oils wont be worth auctioning (they'll be worth near TT value).

Thats my understanding, but if you can get an official reply, confirming or denying that.....

i wasnt around for the coins era but i was around when ammo was introduced, markup seemed just fine on what i looted back then. you remember that? we had so much less in loot but for some reason it had pretty good markup from my pov. of course that wasnt much good for crafters and it had to change some way. :)

Well, I finaly got an item hunting atrox, molisk, atrax and armax at Ashi earlier.

Molisk hunter, drops me a nice 5 ped blade, full tt I might add, that does an astonishing 3 damage per hit, and requires lvl 1 to use. Is this an insult? or is the creature loot table all screwed up? I'd expect a newb to loot that hunting punies.

How the hell is this an improvement on what looted before on molisk, power claws etc.

Not looted no other item what so ever on 3 hunts there now, no weapons, no armour, how is this improved MA?

Am I the only person in EU thats not looting anything of value right now, and only getting components, oils etc?

TT run was ok'ish, 50 ped loss after decay taken into account, but still, losing interest in trying to loot items now, and thus losing the will to hunt anymore, if all i get is the same tt junk. (where exactly the silly little blade went straight to).

Last edited:
i wasnt around for the coins era but i was around when ammo was introduced, markup seemed just fine on what i looted back then. you remember that? we had so much less in loot but for some reason it had pretty good markup from my pov. of course that wasnt much good for crafters and it had to change some way. :)

It stands to reason that every PED worth of loot can't maintain significant markup as the EU demographic is now. Whether the filler is PEDs, ammo, or 50 kinds of extractors, hides, and components does make a difference on what can actually maintain markup, though. If the player base was growing significantly (CND rush, for example), it could temporarily achieve markup on more loot, but that's not the case now.

It stands to reason that every PED worth of loot can't maintain significant markup as the EU demographic is now. Whether the filler is PEDs, ammo, or 50 kinds of extractors, hides, and components does make a difference on what can actually maintain markup, though. If the player base was growing significantly (CND rush, for example), it could temporarily achieve markup on more loot, but that's not the case now.

of course, but i can hope for significant growth in the future, and in the mean time ppl can click away low markup stuff for skills or whatever other reason they have for clicking bp's? :)
even looted ammo for use in launchers has some markup, but if i can buy it at the TT it shouldnt be in loot imho.

I am working on a new Entropia Buzz Developer Notes article where I will explain in much more detail the goals and rationale for the changes to the loot system that were begun in VU 12.8. In the meanwhile, I will address a few of the issues raised in this forum discussion.

That's cool Bjorn, but Kim swear there was no changes to loot...so who we shall belive now ?

I'm sorry but if that is the message you received from my post, then either-
1. You did not read the entire post 2. You completely misunderstood the post or 3. My English skills are much worse than I thought. :eyecrazy:

Nowhere in my post {nor in the VU 12.8 release notes} did we ever indicate that net loot returns would be affected in any way by the current loot rebalancing project.

The only area that has been adjusted is the list of items that each creature is capable of looting. The basic loot return calculations {often referred to as TT returns} have not been changed in any way.

To put it as simply as possible, the loot rebalancing project focuses on what to distribute, not on how much to distribute.

Hi Bjorn,

-i really approve that improving the "what" to distribute is the good way to go if it dosnt affect the "how much" to distribute. But if it is so why is there so many players swearing that the "how much" dramaticaly decrease?

-About the loot "what" improvment, this is in fact the best thing u could do since making hunting exiting will make it attractive. But i think there is something else u should watch about:

Today 99% of loots looks like a big bag of craps, and you added those 0 pec ammo that make it even crapper. Come on, just ad this ***in bullets to existing stacks if there is any and keep it if there isnt and also, simplify those loots !!!!!!! Do you really think we can be happy of having 15 different items in a loot for a total of 30 pecs?

Also, ubers and hofs should be a "Wooooottt, i found a treasure", and loot should LOOKS like a treasure!! there is 1 million way to do that (reintroducing peds in loot for hofs and ubers, making tt chests with value shown and shining on it, or whatever to looks like you really found something worth high!! )
That can also just be a corner of the loot window stating the total tt inside it

is this something ma is thinking about?

Back