Upcoming VU - teasers

GeorgeSkywalker

Mutated
Society
Freelancer
George Ace Skywalker
Yesterday we had this (on facebook and instagram - then also appeared on client loader):

index.php

Today we have this video:

I've seen it discussed on discord but don't think I've seen it here.

Some new pics appeared on facebook:
index.php
index.php

Another pic :
index.php

Before and After pic of armour (Thanks to Drake Slade Corbett for the image)
index.php

Last edited:
Personally I like the first picture better. The second one a video of some texturing doesn't look too impressive. The textures in first pic are much better, so is it best to assume the first pic has had some kind of photoshop editing?

Only differences in the video are the rock textures on the ground and darker colors in the sky, they should have picked a better comparison spot lol

still looks Ass

Isn't BEFORE/AFTER switched?
Am I missing something here?

They look too similar to me. Some lighting changing though...

Perhaps the next teaser will be better.

Only differences in the video are the rock textures on the ground and darker colors in the sky, they should have picked a better comparison spot lol
The rocks on the new pics are artificially intelligent, they are just smart enough to not show it.

differences are subtle but really nice!

my top 3 from this one:

sand is way more natural instead of the current ctrl-c / ctrl-v'ed texture all over the place
soft shadows instead of the current, too detailed and unrealistic shadows
way better handling of shading at a distance, its easier to see the details in the trees from afar in the new version!

i really like it :) keep the teasers coming!

Are we getting new models for armor? That first image looks like it could be updated Adj Jag.

My grandfather was a geologist, and in my early childhood I looked a lot at pictures in his highly specialized books. They changed the catenary ripples of sand to linguoid ripples. Or the developers who pioneered the new engine have already trampled there. Which is logical, since thousands of new players will come to the new engine. They will not just demolish some ripples in the sand, they will demolish huge dunes.

On Instagram they used this hashtag #GenesisVisualUpdate

And guess what! The hashtag goes against the community rules and doesn't even work 😂

Good job guys!!! (Not)

You can hire me and repay me with an ATH. At least I would know what hashtags to use! LOL

#MMORPG #RCE #RealCashEconomy #RealCashGame #SCIFI #GetPayedToPlay ....

The after pics are looking good.

Yes, this new one is much clearer to see the difference. The after one looks considerably better. They should have used these instead of the video imho.

You can hire me and repay me with an ATH. At least I would know what hashtags to use! LOL

I think you need to reconsider. If you work for MA you cannot play the game as a normal player only as an official and so won't be able to get an ATH. So knowing how to use hashtags would seem to be trivial compared to the bad publicity MA would get from the player base if they did as you suggest.

Last edited:
Yes, this new one is much clearer to see the difference. The after one looks considerably better. They should have used these instead of the video imho.
Yeah I'm also pretty sure what we will see rendered on screen will be better then these compressed and uploaded and reuploaded images, but they do give you an idea of what's acheived and I'm seeing a general improvement to the overall presentation of the game. A nice thing to see in the run up to a new engine.

I think you need to reconsider. If you work for MA you cannot play the game as a normal player only as an official and so won't be able to get an ATH. So knowing how to use hashtags would seem to be trivial compared to the bad publicity MA would get from the player base if they did as you suggest.
Taking time and effort using the social networks to publicity the game to the players that ALREADY play the game instead of trying to get new players to try it makes no sense to me.

Can someone help me understand why they would update the graphics if the plan/intent is to change engines completely to UE5? Seems like a waste of time and energy. The only answer I come up with is that UE5 is so far off or that it isn't "really" going to happen. Please help me figure this move out.

Can someone help me understand why they would update the graphics if the plan/intent is to change engines completely to UE5? Seems like a waste of time and energy. The only answer I come up with is that UE5 is so far off or that it isn't "really" going to happen. Please help me figure this move out.
They make the graphics in UE5 then port them over to CE2 so there is still updates instead of no updates for 2 years.

Allegedly.

Back