Using Xbox 360 controller to play EU

Snoogles

Guardian
Jonathan Snoogles Friedrich
Ok, pretty simple question...has anyone been able to get a 360 controller to work with EU (I know, I know, I KNOW!) There are way less buttons on a 360 controller but Id just like to be able to do basic things with it....(Id like to be able to hunt chillin on my couch instead of my desk chair) Has anyone had any luck? or does anyone know what program I may need to bind the stuff correctly?

"Insert PC Fanboy making fun of me for even thinking about touching a horrid console controller. Then insert him telling me i'm stupid and mice are much more accurate than a control stick"

Ok now that we got that out of the way...anyone ever try it?

That would be a comfortable thing to do.

Also i cant see why it should not be possible for hunting purpose only? I mean you got the item swap, if you could bind the most important keys to the controll it would be doable?

But can you plug the 360 control into the computer?

I mean it would be SO NICE to lay in bed, and click top right L button and shoot the mobs run with the joysticks and repeat. would really make a FPS like hunting and pvp more fun ^^

Some 360 controllers (and 360 controllers made for PC) have USB inputs, which can be used, pre-configured with any "games for windows live" PC game.

You can also, obviously, bind the 360 controller to regular keys, so if you set up all the EU actions (move forward, fire etc) you'll be set.

Try this: xpadder worked well for me when i had a generic controller that Battlefield would not recognize... best part? free :yay: should be all u need after its setup. Gl :cool:

yeah you can use the 360 controller with PCs! They are USB (and you can buy USB receivers for wireless...I'm gonna figure this out...

oooooooh sounds cool :D If I had a 360 controller ...well I probably wouldn't try it lol but cool anyways (-=

You can also, obviously, bind the 360 controller to regular keys, so if you set up all the EU actions (move forward, fire etc) you'll be set.

yeah, Ill just have to see how you bind the actual mouse movement to a control stick...Maybe its easier than I think, I just haven't tried it yet...
thanks for all the help so far guys! :) Im excited to get this working

I have xpadder too. You can configure the sensitivity of the mouse, but I still don't find it to be as smooth as using it the controller with an acutal 360 game.

lol, oddly enough I was just thinking about this today. Don't fancy buying a 360 controller though and finding out EU doesn't like it... so gonna wait until someone else has done it.

Don't really see a reason for it not working though. Only concern for me is the lack of buttons and possible problems with mouse control.

Works fine but ask MA.

lol, oddly enough I was just thinking about this today. Don't fancy buying a 360 controller though and finding out EU doesn't like it... so gonna wait until someone else has done it.

Don't really see a reason for it not working though. Only concern for me is the lack of buttons and possible problems with mouse control.

Ill post on here once i get it working and let u know how it is! Yeah I'm definitely going to need to keep a keyboard near by for extra commands (and typing of course)

why not just get a wireless keyboard and mouse?

I am playing from my bed with that... works pretty well. :)

nes_usb_controller.jpg

Its not ergonomic McC!

It is easy to do but make sure MA is ok with it - it requires 3rd party software. You do need the PC version of the controller though (the one with USB hookup). I'm not sure it is possible going through the XBOX and into your computer (probably possible but rediculous and not worth it).

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Xpadder.shtml

You can get fancy overlays to make it easier template wise.

Best thing about this is once I blew through tons of ammo with little loot to show for it, I can toss this think against the wall. Later I can come back, pick it up, and it will work just fine. These things could take a beating!

i play with xbox controller yes :0 also playable with wiimote. we've been over this junkn before, use search pls

i play with xbox controller yes :0 also playable with wiimote. we've been over this junkn before, use search pls

I searched Xbox and found nothing relevant...What program do you use to use the xbox controller?

Try this: xpadder worked well for me when i had a generic controller that Battlefield would not recognize... best part? free :yay: should be all u need after its setup. Gl :cool:

WHOO HOO! thanks, that app is awesome! I couldn't believe how quickly I was able to bind the left stick to WASD and the right one to mouse movements. If anyone wants to use an xbox controller just get that xpadder app! Now I can sit comforably on my sofa and hunt! :)

Damn. only have a ps3 haha

Too stupid to figure out how to do it on one of those.

Anyone got this working with Win7 ?

There are drivers to make it work with windows 7, but you're not allowed it to use with EU since it's not a standard keyboard or mouse.

Back