V.U. 8.5 Content Listing

new control system

in the past i used to access the quickbar via the number keys and the specific action via F keys.

now it is no more possible to do the change between F and numbers... very sucky lol i act like a newb when trying to change weaps :laugh:

pls MA give us the option to toggle numbers/ F keys like in the past

Nitrosomonas said:
Everything sounds great !!
i just dont understand why they unlocked sweating for everyone?
they dont wanna give new players anything anymore? or they just wanna make mindforce cheaper?

anyway price will crash now....
altough i kinda like it as i dont have to buy any now :D

They may have done this to keep out the reason for multible avas.

Von

steffel said:
in the past i used to access the quickbar via the number keys and the specific action via F keys.

Havent had a chance to play yet (3 more hours :hammer: :silly: ) but i'm gonna be as mixed up as u i guess since i used the same settings...come on MA bring back the option plzzzz ... xcept that still look forward to see all the other changes/addons

Since this VU i haev major problems hunting. My laserbeam doesnt show until 0.5 seconds after i shoot..... my cpucomponents are fully compatible to EU due to CL and i have never had this before. It doesnt change the way i shoot, but it is extremely irritating. :mad:

Anyone having the same prob?

Anybody else getting this message in the chat screen shortly after logging on? In my case it appears right after the number of friends online is displayed.

Unable to propely initialize ads. Enabled ads allow access to higher loots. Please check the Entropia Universe website for further details.

I haven't got disable ads ticked in the loader options. That was the first thing I looked at. Anything ingame in options I maybe need to look at?

Thanks.
soundboy

200px-8_5JD2.jpg
200px-SCREENSHOT_20060704193841979.JPG
200px-SCREENSHOT_20060704193859895.JPG
200px-SCREENSHOT_20060704193913725.JPG
200px-Antonio-shot-AmetheraIcePack.jpg

And more here and here.

Stinking MA!....they didn't give me anything to complain about this VU.... ;)

Anyone know what types of damage the new mobs do? (one wonders why scanners would not do something useful like give that kind of info).

hmmm...maybe I need to take a trib back planetside and check the new stuff out...

I'm getting "Connection lost.." about 2 minutes after log.

Impossible to play :(

Interesting new SC layout

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Baldurn said:
Since this VU i haev major problems hunting. My laserbeam doesnt show until 0.5 seconds after i shoot..... my cpucomponents are fully compatible to EU due to CL and i have never had this before. It doesnt change the way i shoot, but it is extremely irritating. :mad:

Anyone having the same prob?

Yeah very annoying :(

Is there a TP north of iceland ?

All I get is crashes to Desktop 100% sure when trying to log in... after splash screen with strange music, crash, down it goes. Anybody having the same issue?

I'm getting "Connection lost.." about 2 minutes after log.

I usually get this issue every update.

I go to option in client loader, select 56k connection speed, login and then disconnect. I then go to options again and set the connection speed to my normal setting. Usually sorts the problem.

Does anyone else feel they run 'slower'? I'm still new to the game and I feel after VU my avatar is sluggish :confused:

It is not uncommon to have server or lag issues right after a new VU....they eventually get them stamped out and return us to our regularly scheduled bugginess.

On problems, ya. My Soc members are have directX problems that, in one case, required a full operating system re-install.

All of the sudden "Microsoft Windows Validation" decided the operating system was illegal (it wasn't..OEM version was installed by manufacturer).

On a brighter note, just finished my new tp run :)

Weird crop squares in north arctic territory

Anyone see this? Bad design or intentional?

Anyone for chess?

No sweat cap anymore? Whee, I'll sweat my as* off then. Again. Not for the money this time.

HUD seems to be more open now, that's good. Did some icon dragging and now it's almost back to "normal" I got used to.

I wonder if sweatting skills can be chipped from now on?

Doer said:

Anyone see this? Bad design or intentional?

Anyone for chess?

Looks like a badly designed texture that doesnt repeat properly.

I think is a problem with the graphix in the game. Old areas where the trees used to render nice (for exemple S of Camp Phoenix) render very bad.
I think is a big problem with this VU...

As with every VU!

The team at ED have been compiling all the essential info and Screenshots on to one Page for easy reference!

NEW LOCATIONS
New Map
New Teleports
New Outposts
New Land Areas
New Loot

SCREENSHOTS
New Mobs
New Landscapes
New Buildings
New Interface
New Items
New Blueprints
New Minerals and Energy Matters
New Hair Styles

>>> Click HERE <<<

We have also tried to credit non-ED Web Team Members wherever possible for their speedy work with this VU!

Baldurn said:
The layout looks nice, but it is very bad put. You cant hunt like you used to. Before you had the option to use Fkeys or not for switching pages or doing actions. Now you switch pages with Fbuttons and do actions with numbers, and lucky me that was used to the other :(

The ' global bar ' or what it was called that is in the right upper corner suits better were it used to be....
If you don't want to use the F-keys for changing action set, change them. If you don't like where the 'global bar' is, move it.

This is the problem with giving users too many options...

Don't know if anyone has mentioned yet but because of the whole spaceship thing the price of sweat hasn't drop but instead gone up .1 pec per bottle to 1.3.

nutter said:
Sweat Limit
There is no longer a skill cap for sweating.

Sweeeeeet! now there's almost no end to skilling up def skills! prices will drop accordingly i hope for chips.

"commer you little bugger turp!" *insert sucking sounds here* they hate that. :silly2: :D

i really do wish i could figure out HOW to custom map the keyboard now tho! the edit fuction dosnt seem to do it, so im at a loss. :dunce:
:girl:

steffel said:
Pretty please with Papplons on top! :girl:

steffel said:

now it is no more possible to do the change between F and numbers... very sucky lol i act like a newb when trying to change weaps :laugh:

:cussing: FFS MA WTF is so hard about offering the same option that we had before, did you not think anyone used the F key maps instead of the number keys ?

I messed around with that stupid kb map thing for about 45 minutes and then finally got my F keys to work ( sort of ). That's 45 minutes that I would have preferred to have been hunting, which is what I logged in for in the first place.

Then I teamed up and we went to collect the tp's and go hunt. We got to my first tp , and we all crashed. When I came back, guess what. it was all back to how it started before I did all the editing :banghead: :bomb:

So now I don't have time to mess around with it again for another 45 minutes so I go try to hunt with the change. Of course I die because I keep hitting the wrong damn keys and you know that didn't make me happy.

So, we finish our hunting. That evening, I log back in to see if I can set the keys and relog to set them as is out workaround for the stupid QB bug that has apparently not gone away.

So, I set the " * " map with the equipment I want on the F keys and then set the number keys to map to the different kb maps 1 through 9. After I get that all done. I try to use it, and realize that since there is only one " * " map, even though I can switch to another map using the number keys, the F Keys won't change now. In other words, I can only have one QB map for my F keys, when I am so used to having multiple QB's. So now clock about 2 hours fucking with this stupid kb map shit and now I'm really pissed off :mad:

In addition the person that I really wanted to play with started trying to edit hers and crashed, but her av was stuck online for about an hour after that and she could not log in because it said she was already logged in, and I could see her logged in. She gave up in disgust and called it a nite. Good thing we have msn as a back up for when PE is fucked up. Needless to say, not a good first day from that perspective.

Of course, the option everyone says is, why don't you just use the new method ?

Why the hell should I have to change how I have been playing for over a year and a half because MA decided to change how the interface works ???

Why the hell can't they understand that some people like to do things the way they been doing it and don't want that shit changed. Sure, go ahead and offer the fancy stuff for people that wants to change it, but don't eleminate the ability for people to keep it the way they like it when you make those changes, that's just insane.

Can you tell I'm not happy with this new interface...

And Laggggggggggggggg........

WTF MA, you introduce new areas with more lagg then the old areas each time you do it. How is that possible that you introduce new stuff that works worse then the old stuff ? All the money your making and you can't find a way to fix the damn lag on Amethera ??? WTF is wrong with you...

OK, with that said, and so this isn't a complete bitching response. I will say, I had a lot of fun hunting with Duke and Ben yesterday, despite the stupid kb map shit and the insane amount of lag in those new areas. We hunted all the new mobs and got a hof and a couple globals, yaay finally some fun.

I really liked the Phasm's. Hunting there reminded me of really hunting, like I used to do in the snowy mountains in Idaho. They seem to hit and have the same amount of health as necu wich is something else I like to hunt.

I heard some people say that they are too hard to see in the landscape. I agree it is hard, but that kind of added to the realism for me, most animals in woodlands are well camoflauged and have to be hunted , and irl you don't have a radar to help :D

Overall, i give a grade D for this VU. This is not convincing me to stay here. Its nice to have some new territory and mobs, but it was pretty much ruined by the fact that my interface to that new content was totally FUBAR with these new interface changes and the lag.

yeah i cant even relog back in now.. it says im still logged on... or i have to wait a minute and it still wont let me on..

the new quickbar stuff is horrible.. i change items on there when the picture on the quickbar changes, the old item on there still works..

cmon MA, dont drop the ball again. :(

the F1-12 control system was changed to prevent that automatic hunting bot from working.

duh.

everyone get on with the game.

There are hunting bots?

Seriously...it will be neat the day that MA has designers that actually play the game.

Changed my mind... no need to gas lol

Last edited:
I am new in project entropia...could sommebody say me how can i buy a house .... :confused:

Back