Vehicles: How they gonna work-discuss

Shapememory

Dominant
Society
Lost Renegades
Dante Dante Zempelli
well vehicles seem to be definitely for sure coming so how do you think they will work?

are you gonna need to fuel them? will additional vehicles have a construction process?

personally i kinda think to begin with the vehicles will have parts that randomly decay like enhancers do. that would give a market for the vehicle parts from crafting. i am also hoping they have something like a deed.

i wonder if we will have abandoned broken vehicles littering the landscape when/if they break

seems like there could be some tactics using vehicles in hunting, wonder if they will be real solid object in game

a) sweat as fuel

b) oil as fuel

c) something else as fuel

Whatever it is, it'll be more expensive on Monday. :)

Diluted Mind Essence for lubrication (10 PED tt per kilometer), Oil for gas (10 PED tt per kilometer).
WASD controls (10 PED per directional change)
Mountable weapons that decay at twice the cost and use 10 PED ammo per shot.
10 PED to open the door.
Full TT is 0.01 PED and vehicles need repairing every 0.5 kilometers. Repair for the 0.1 PED tt costs 10 PED.

Diluted Mind Essence for lubrication (10 PED tt per kilometer), Oil for gas (10 PED tt per kilometer).
WASD controls (10 PED per directional change)
Mountable weapons that decay at twice the cost and use 10 PED ammo per shot.
10 PED to open the door.
Full TT is 0.01 PED and vehicles need repairing every 0.5 kilometers. Repair for the 0.1 PED tt costs 10 PED.

You do knowif you put it that way, 1 Lesser TP chip gets you as far as 7PED oil would on a vehicle? :p

Hope not! :D
But yeah LOL :))

I'd guess the free ones will be (L)

Like guns etc there will be (L) and (UL)

UL will be crazy expensive to buy.

L will be expensive to use.

A drive between PA and Swamp camp will likely be 5 ped decay and 5 ped fuel. On a 17 ped (L) vehicle.

Ya I know...cynical.:laugh:

Gratz to those in the proper time zone to score a free one. ;)

a) sweat as fuel

b) oil as fuel

c) something else as fuel

Whatever it is, it'll be more expensive on Monday. :)

A+B refined as fuel

vehicles will be luxury items which i believe sweat should be involved in.

here is to hoping :)

narfi

The free ones can't be (L) :). If they are (L) they woudl have to have some TT value to get decayed. And MA will never give anything that is more than 1.00ped worth for free :).

I really, really hope they will be more eco than tping (actually they should be - because it still would need time to travel). And that sweat will be involved in creating fuel proces :).

Falagor
:bandit:

Now I get it

No decay on vehicles. Almost sure!

Now it can only be one of two ways. but I'm guessing no fuel needed (at least no oil or refined new stuff). Call it a hunch ;)

perhaps the ones they give for free will be "broken" and require parts to be made functional like hangers. UL vehicles do make sense, more opportunity to nickel and dime you for everything related to vehicles. a form of fuel from sweat/ oil would be nice boost for the sweeters

Now I think with the plenty amount og vehicles..

I think they will work like clothes or armours

you wear them, once you do , you pay a small amount of ped I think proably 10 pec or 5 pec

and then you can go around with it for ever...

But there will be extra;s you will pay

like the speed, ( super charger bp ) etc...

or other thing will cost extra

Basicly the basic model will be very cheap and plenty like TT garments...or settle armours

No decay on vehicles. Almost sure!

Now it can only be one of two ways. but I'm guessing no fuel needed (at least no oil or refined new stuff). Call it a hunch ;)

LOL....what game are you playing? are you sure you log into EU? Where you pay decay to change clothes or change armour? I've been waiting on the 1 pec tax for logging in and 5 for logging out....alot of server load there ya know....:laugh:

Oh ya you got MA pegged for sure...they're all about free....rofl

please tell me you were being sarcastic and I missed it :p

Last edited:
How will they work, or how should they work?

How will they work? Likley it will just be a toy to drive around in. No guns, no armor, etc etc. Just a thing to drive you from A to B, on wheels on the ground. Something that will take fuel to use, probably something refined from oil and something else. And something that you will probalby have to manually park and then go back to to get again.

How should they work?

1) Teleport in/out wherever you want to use or park your car. Thus no running to and from the last place you parked it.

2) Trunk space of at least 200 items

3) No wheels, they should hover, and be able to travel up a much steeper grade then we can currently climb up on foot.

4) Hardpoints to mount a weapon on, they should let you mount the standard support weapons now in game. And also add some new blp and laser support turrents. Raw dps should be > any hand held gun, but the decay should be hefty to mow things down.

5) Modular design, on a standard chassis. So you can pick and choose which modules you buy for your vehicle. So you could buy faster modules or cheaper slower ones, etc.

6) Optional terminal modules, TT, repair, and revival.

As for how they should decay. Im not sure. They could try to implement some kinda odometer system and charge decay by the mile or something. Or charge you decay on any module you use on the vehicle. I really dont think they should be using oil, nor should the space ships lol. But from an in game economy standpoint, id make some kinda crafted fuel made from oil(either mined, or animal) and lyst or something.

I will be really impressed if they have any use (as far as they work) above a look cool thingy in the rce environment tbh.

There has to be some sort of charge for mileage and probably around the cost of a lesser tp jump so 9ME for 800m. My guess its activated oil (i.e. oil + sweat) so 1 unit per 100m seems about right.

If they mount weapons on the vehicles then they need to be able to take damage from other players otherwise it will be a pvp nightmare. It would certainly make any future land grabs interesting if they don't as one person could hold a LA. One player sitting in a vehicle thats totally untouchable mowing down everyone else does not make sense.

Equally mob damage has to happen or expect to see some interesting mob trains in the next few weeks.

maybe the vehicles themselves are TT food....but the parts to run em are where the peds are? Like the bp's dropping?

lol

naw they wouldn't do that...not MA....:rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh:

The free ones can't be (L) :). If they are (L) they woudl have to have some TT value to get decayed. And MA will never give anything that is more than 1.00ped worth for free :).

I really, really hope they will be more eco than tping (actually they should be - because it still would need time to travel). And that sweat will be involved in creating fuel proces :).

Falagor
:bandit:

17ped is the lowest TT, apparently.

nm... ;) .........

Last edited:
IF you could use them as a weapon, imagine lining up 250 people in pvp and running them down in 1 pass.....

I've been wondering,if I accidentally crash into a building or tree,am I gonna have to get a new car?:confused::confused:

I've been wondering,if I accidentally crash into a building or tree,am I gonna have to get a new car?:confused::confused:

Maybe not a new car, but there may be additional decay to the car

Maybe MA will give us a place to do events like these? :D

[YOUTUBE]IFeZc1QNfic[/YOUTUBE]

Will it be part of the event system? :laugh:

Oil will be as fuel, only dunno if refined or not.

(abvous oil price will go up a little)_

Oil will be as fuel, only dunno if refined or not.

(abvous oil price will go up a little)_

I highly doubt oil price will be affected at all, far too much of it around

Rgds

Ace

Seeing how things have developed, here's my guess:

Cars will be crafted from the smaller UL/stackable components already discovered, and basically built the same way crafted (L) items are. The better / more complex / different type of car model will require different parts - evidently the better car will use the most expensive parts, have a higher TT etc. Some UL variants are likely to be discovered, but very very few people will be able to a-Ford them. Ha ha, see what I did there? :p

Decay on the vehicle will be non existant when just driving around, however it'll be like armour where there's a fee to get in. So to enter the car you pay 10PEC, exit is 10PEC. So basically an equip fee.

In PVP cars act like armour, with a % damage reduction to the passengers. Small cars reduce an attackers weapon damage by 10%, massive heavy vehicles up to 80%. So the driver always gets hit, but with reduced damage. Given the low TT of vehicles I guess the damage causes decay. At 0TT the vehicle is destroyed killing all occupants - would make more sense than just vanishing or breaking down since broken items can't be dropped.

Furthermore if you plan on hunting in a car, you'd have to try and keep moving to try and stop mobs hitting the car and decaying it. Probably will require some good driving skills, in which case hunting in a vehicle is best with team members who can focus on shooting whilst one person drives. I forsee this to be a service - pay car decay + fuel and enjoy hunting without armour. Probably will need to exit vehicle to loot, and you take a hit ability reduction on your weapons whilst shooting on the move. :p

Storage in cars will be weight limit. For example 500Kg total. This includes the weight of the avatars carried inventory - so in that 500Kg example, the car could carry two avatars each with 250Kg in inventory, or five 100Kg avatars... or a single 200Kg avatar + 300Kg loot in the trunk. Think this'd make vehicles more flexible.

Fuel uses oil which will be used up every X units of distance. The more powerful/faster the car, the higher the fuel burn.

if oil wil be the fuel will raise oil price as before was 105-107% coz lately oil dropped down even to 102.10% wich already if u refine with TT refiner + drill cost it makes you more expensive as the oil TT it is. :)) So hope it will be the oil the fuel and for enmatter miners will raise thamincome.

NRJ
P.S. probably 1 ped tt extra Low decay like (1 pec / use) high cost to use where thay earn more if the usabile items % growes... TT reapirs are without MU %

Cheers

The World's First 1st Virtual Car Insurance!

* We search best deal for you
* Up to 70% no claims discount
* 24/7 claims line
* Choose your own optional extras so you don't pay for more than you need

From only 600 PED!
We're offering a 10% online purchase discount!

PM me!

Furthermore if you plan on hunting in a car, you'd have to try and keep moving to try and stop mobs hitting the car and decaying it. Probably will require some good driving skills, in which case hunting in a vehicle is best with team members who can focus on shooting whilst one person drives. I forsee this to be a service - pay car decay + fuel and enjoy hunting without armour. Probably will need to exit vehicle to loot, and you take a hit ability reduction on your weapons whilst shooting on the move. :p

Marco has already said the vehicle mounted weapons will not be usable on mobs and are for pvp , probably for the reason you've stated. People will be able to out run almost every mob so no decay from armor and faps. It's unlikely they'd kill off one of their biggest revenue streams.

During test we had a scene where a car was speeding to get away from an Atrox Stalker - it was very much like the scene from the movie Jurrasic Park when the T-Rex pursues the jeep. =) So most cars can outrun most mobs.

Vehicle combat is geared towards PvP and mounted weapons cannot be used to hunt mobs.

Last edited:
I would like dung and novas to be fuels :silly2:

I highly doubt oil price will be affected at all, far too much of it around

Rgds

Ace

well you sould wait about that, look what happened with Gold, it had the highest MU of all stones, what happen? :)

Meybe will same happen with Oil, just in other way, meybe it will strt to drop very rare if MA/FPC see's that vehicles is very good new implement they start to change some thigns for sure (meybe not) :)

Back