Vigi, Salamander or Boar?

From these three salamander :)

Anyway today.. Its hard.. Sala is great vs laser weapons.. but be prepared to meet someone with isis cb28 with few dmg enhancers ;)

If you want to start with PK , go for Vigilante armor and slowly try to collect L eon, infi, hermes parts.. might it be mixed up.

Well...that depends on if your attacker is using laser, blp, or melee. The salamander is obviously way better for laser with the 50 burn protection, but with only 8 penetration, and tiny melee stats, you're going to be toast if someone whips out an ml-45, or hell, even an apis. If you are anticipating blp, or melee, then Boar is your better bet. It's 2 points less penetration protection, but it has much better melee stats, plus an additional 2 burn over the vigilante. 90% of your pkers out there are one-trick ponies using the biggest LR's they can, but the 10% who are serious pkers always carry both. If you're ok having an armor that will serve you well 90% of the time, but get your ass pwned against every blp and katsuichi user, go with the salamander. If you really want a serious pk armor, L is the only way to go on a budget with the Hermes, Infiltrator, and Eon lines.

Can anyone tell me what mob drops Boar (L) Armguards please?
Entropedia says Ambulimax, but I've never seen them drop on Ambu and I've killed thousands though most of them were pre-VU10.
Any help/clarification would be much appreciated~
:)

Go for boar, best allround armor of those 3. Its nice to hunt some between the pvp mayhem!

Go for boar, best allround armor of those 3. Its nice to hunt some between the pvp mayhem!

Ouch, i pretty much dissagree, boar is just bad armor ;), and not suitable for PK at all :D

Dunno current prices but it was overpriced for its usability from the begining compared to other armors .)

If you ask what armor for hunting ( boar is not for PK ) instead of Boar, the answer is Phantom ;) ( Phantom is even cheaper ;) ) Do you want to hunt seriously almost everything on calypso or do you want weak armor with helmet? Thats the question :D

What would be the best weapon for Salamander with upto 1k Markup?

Deppends on your skills. With enhancers introduced there is a new simple rule..

Get the best laser (or BLP) carabine you have maxed with as much high tier rates (or tiers unlocked) get some DMG enhancers and atleast pro600 amp(mid cost) or e-amp15(low cost unl) and you are ready to go ;)

BTW one note:

Hermes is nowadays horrible cheap thing ;)

Ouch, i pretty much dissagree, boar is just bad armor ;), and not suitable for PK at all :D

Dunno current prices but it was overpriced for its usability from the begining compared to other armors .)

If you ask what armor for hunting ( boar is not for PK ) instead of Boar, the answer is Phantom ;) ( Phantom is even cheaper ;) ) Do you want to hunt seriously almost everything on calypso or do you want weak armor with helmet? Thats the question :D

agreed but phantom was not an option

go for hermes+6.a , you salamander and your big (L) gun will not help you if you run in a ml-45 or similar :wtg:

with hermes you can close enough to have a chance to fire your weapon because it has high burn, shrapnel and penetration

If I Tier Vigi to 5 and put all the best Enhancers then Hermes would still be having better protection?

If I Tier Vigi to 5 and put all the best Enhancers then Hermes would still be having better protection?

Yes, it will still have > but people have tiered hermes... then you dont have a chance ;)

yes, amor defence enhancers make up only 5 % - so Hermes is still more than 2 x better than your tiered vigi

and yes better tier your hermes than your vigi :p

Last edited:
Back